Options

I HEAR THE [CHAT] ECHOING TONIGHT

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    my worst therapy moment was when i was a teen and talking about my relationship with my dad and how he really hurt me every single day but i didn't feel like i could cut him out of my life emotionally because at the end of the day he was my dad, and i didn't want to give up on him loving me, or me him

i got emotional and started tearing up and that was when the therapist thought it would be a good time to challenge the authenticity of my emotions, like i was just enjoying the drama of having a bad dad. i wasn't even offended, but i was like welp if this is how he is interpreting this situation then he probably won't be much help

being a therapist seems really hard

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    skip to 2:00 minutes for the good bit

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    a lot of the time when i whine at scheck he is kind of cavalier and everything he says is about burgers and 'fk depression be rad like me'

but every once in a while

he says something so poignant and convincing that it changes how i feel through the thick haze of depression

and i am awed

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tarranon wrote: »
    my worst therapy moment was when i was a teen and talking about my relationship with my dad and how he really hurt me every single day but i didn't feel like i could cut him out of my life emotionally because at the end of the day he was my dad, and i didn't want to give up on him loving me, or me him

i got emotional and started tearing up and that was when the therapist thought it would be a good time to challenge the authenticity of my emotions, like i was just enjoying the drama of having a bad dad. i wasn't even offended, but i was like welp if this is how he is interpreting this situation then he probably won't be much help

being a therapist seems really hard

come on

the truth is you just like paying for therapy sessions isn't it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Fucking thunderstorm are the worst.

i have to lock the dog in the bathroom because I JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH THAT. a scared bigdog is too scary for me.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    a lot of the time when i whine at scheck he is kind of cavalier and everything he says is about burgers and 'fk depression be rad like me'

but every once in a while

he says something so poignant and convincing that it changes how i feel through the thick haze of depression

and i am awed

he knows what he's doing

• Options

i have to lock the dog in the bathroom because I JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH THAT. a scared bigdog is too scary for me.

thundervest

ge5e79418.jpg

such safe

so comfort

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Okay, contrary to the impression my very, very, very verbose rants this evening may give, I have good parents.

This is just me dealing with something annoying the way I often do, just endure until it goes away or I finally, after way too long, can't anymore

they'd have to be supremely petty and terrible to stop wanting to help me if I need it, now

and they're not so they don't

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I'm not cutting them out of my life anymore I just basically said look I'm sick of your shit imma bounce.

Anyway, time for happy thoughts so I will think of the skinny dipping yesterday.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Big, firm happy thoughts.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    tittttaaaaaaaaaaaaaays

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    tittttaaaaaaaaaaaaaays

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

thundervest

ge5e79418.jpg

such safe

so comfort

doesn't work on my dog.

nor do meds

• Options
    one last thing before bed:

I said that no I don't want to stay and see if we can't start treating eachother better, because that's not as important as continuing my good streak

Which they didn't quite see, and probably took as seeming quite heartless

I didn't explain fully why

I don't want to tell them how scared I am of failing yet again and falling back into depression

and how I'm really scared that there might not be any climbing out of it again

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Baller is owning a Black Lotus.

Super baller is getting that Black Lotus altered by a professional artist.

BtIQl0iIIAA8iXW.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

thundervest

ge5e79418.jpg

such safe

so comfort

doesn't work on my dog.

nor do meds

hmm

have you tried not having thunderstorms

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Special community for people who have earned a lot of money or been born into a wealthy family needs a blog ghostwriter. The focus of the community is providing psychological support for the problems money brings -- family tensions, unfulfillable expectations, boredom, etc. To do this you must be intimately familiar with the problems faced by wealthy people. If you grew up wealthy or through some other means can write detailed blog posts on this topic, please get in touch.

See my skills re, e.g., paying the bills.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2014
    So I finally got to see Captain America 2 this weekend. It was really good. It was pitched at an appealing tone to me; serious, having something to say about the actual real world, but not self-serious in that tendentious Christopher Nolan way, where the dialogue fights for a level of profundity that it misses as often it hits.

I would really liked to have seen more of
    Arnim Zola

since that whole sequence was really well-done and genuinely spooky on a couple of different levels.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

BtIQl0iIIAA8iXW.jpg

FOOL! THAT CARD IS WORTHLESS NOW!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    So I finally got to see Captain America 2 this weekend. It was really good. It was pitched at an appealing tone to me; serious, having something to say about the actual real world, but not self-serious in that tendentious Christopher Nolan way, where the dialogue fights for a level of profundity that it misses as often it hits.

Did you catch what bible verse was on the grave

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »

no, what was it? I can't read well

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    So, the Gaza thread led me into reading some news articles. One of them really sucked.

The author was a "Shillman Fellow"?

It ends up that those are people funded by a conservative hate group to write angry articles about people who question anything Israel has done.

Shillman Fellows are shills, man. Dr. Shillman did not think it through before he started funding these people.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Ezekiel 25:17

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I did not see boobs yesterday that did not belong to me. :(

At least I have nice boobs...

• Options

I think it was the one Jules quotes in Pulp Fiction?

• Options

Ezekiel 25:17

oh my god ahahahahaha

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

some people don't even have nice boobs

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

"The path of the righteous man..." Ezekiel 25:17

Edit: Slow-draw McGraw over here.

MsAnthropy on
    Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @Abdhyius‌ oh man

such a definitive example of the not-quite-grown-up situation with the 18yr old

she forgot her suitcase. I can't get to her before the plane takes off, even though I leaped in the car and started heading her way immediately upon getting the call. It's almost 3 hours to Houston from here.

So she's flying to London with no luggage, and she'll have to buy some clothes once she gets there.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    oh my god spool

there's a level of "oh man" where you can't even be mad

tyrannus on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Abdhyius‌ oh man

such a definitive example of the not-quite-grown-up situation with the 18yr old

she forgot her suitcase. I can't get to her before the plane takes off, even though I leaped in the car and started heading her way immediately upon getting the call. It's almost 3 hours to Houston from here.

So she's flying to London with no luggage, and she'll have to buy some clothes once she gets there.

Oh, that sucks bad.

How long is the trip?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    @redx do u play dotas 2

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

BtIQl0iIIAA8iXW.jpg

Unlikely. As long as the card is tournament-playable, a high-quality alter will go for more than the original.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

A great discussion was had today at work at the willingness of women to show their breasts on our inland waterways with the upper Mississippi coming out as the clear winner.

And to think that the stretch of the Illinois around Pekin used to hold the title. For shame.

rockrnger on
  • Options

BtIQl0iIIAA8iXW.jpg

Unlikely. As long as the card is tournament-playable, a high-quality alter will go for more than the original.

Are altered cards tournament-playable? I thought altering a card made it no longer tournament playable.

• Options
    guru+lotus+small.jpg

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

This is why Al Gore invented the internet

• Options
    edited July 2014
    tyrannus wrote: »
    oh my god spool

there's a level of "oh man" where you can't even be mad

this level, specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @kedinik‌

This is still one of the better articles on the current Israel Palestinian BS.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/07/24/an_eye_for_a_tooth_israel_gaza_hamas_deterrence_strategy

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.