Options

I HEAR THE [CHAT] ECHOING TONIGHT

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Feral wrote:
    Unlikely. As long as the card is tournament-playable, a high-quality alter will go for more than the original.

Are altered cards tournament-playable? I thought altering a card made it no longer tournament playable.

It has to be recognizable as the original card from across the table, and it has to leave enough detail that it is obviously the correct card underneath the paint. In other words, don't try to cheat or confuse your opponent.

It's ultimately a judgment call on the part of the tournament organizer and judge, but these would be tournament playable.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Abdhyius‌ oh man

such a definitive example of the not-quite-grown-up situation with the 18yr old

she forgot her suitcase. I can't get to her before the plane takes off, even though I leaped in the car and started heading her way immediately upon getting the call. It's almost 3 hours to Houston from here.

So she's flying to London with no luggage, and she'll have to buy some clothes once she gets there.

Oh, that sucks bad.

How long is the trip?

10 days!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Whelp, accidentally jinxed simonwolf.

Way to go, twenty-blurst jinxstury.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
  • Options
    Forgot the suitcase?

How in the

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Feral wrote:
    Unlikely. As long as the card is tournament-playable, a high-quality alter will go for more than the original.

Are altered cards tournament-playable? I thought altering a card made it no longer tournament playable.

It has to be recognizable as the original card from across the table, and it has to leave enough detail that it is obviously the correct card underneath the paint. In other words, don't try to cheat or confuse your opponent.

It's ultimately a judgment call on the part of the tournament organizer and judge, but these would be tournament playable.

Well i didn't know!

They look super fucking neat, so i'm glad that it makes them even more valuable and not worthless.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Forgot the suitcase?

How in the

let's see

shoes
    pants

yep that's everything

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Abdhyius‌ oh man

such a definitive example of the not-quite-grown-up situation with the 18yr old

she forgot her suitcase. I can't get to her before the plane takes off, even though I leaped in the car and started heading her way immediately upon getting the call. It's almost 3 hours to Houston from here.

So she's flying to London with no luggage, and she'll have to buy some clothes once she gets there.

Oh, that sucks bad.

How long is the trip?

10 days!

Oh god

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

man did you not watch Veronica Mars

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Wife's assault on the old couch goes well.

lkr7z5c4kftb.jpg

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Plus side, she's sat next to Aston Villa, who are flying back from an exhibition match against Houston I guess? Combination starstruck and sat next to hot 20yr olds has mitigated the disaster

which is good because she had a complete meltdown in re: how much of a failure she is and how nothing ever goes right because she's so forgetful and careless about critical things and how she's a complete disappointment to us.

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »

lkr7z5c4kftb.jpg

What did that couch do to deserve that?

Did it eat your kid?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    sometimes you just gotta fuck up a couch

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    penne pasta with homemade vodka sauce and baller red wine?

i think so

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I have not. I never had the moment where I thought I should start watching it.

I miiiiiight have to watch it now, though.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:

Well i didn't know!

They look super fucking neat, so i'm glad that it makes them even more valuable and not worthless.

Oh, and not be obscene.

There's one very prolific Magic card artist who will alter his own cards and put penises on them.

Big barbarian dude wielding an axe? Now he's a big barbarian dude with a penis the size of his torso jutting out from his crotch. And maybe the axe is a penis-axe now too.

Knight on a horse? That horse is now a very excited stallion.

Hydra with seven heads? Now a hydra with seven head-penises.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Plus side, she's sat next to Aston Villa, who are flying back from an exhibition match against Houston I guess? Combination starstruck and sat next to hot 20yr olds has mitigated the disaster

which is good because she had a complete meltdown in re: how much of a failure she is and how nothing ever goes right because she's so forgetful and careless about critical things and how she's a complete disappointment to us.

if it makes her feel better i forget critical things all the time and i turned out great

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    she's so forgetful and careless about critical things and how she's a complete disappointment to us

to be fair

• Options
    Feral wrote:

Well i didn't know!

Oh, and not be obscene.

There's one very prolific Magic card artist who will alter his own cards and put penises on them.

Big barbarian dude wielding an axe? Now he's a big barbarian dude with a penis the size of his torso jutting out from his crotch. And maybe the axe is a penis-axe now too.

Knight on a horse? That horse is now a very excited stallion.

Hydra with seven heads? Now a hydra with seven head-penises.

haha, who does that?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    how do you forget a suitcase

like, how do you walk past the giant xray machines and not think "gee, they're a thing I might use before this transatlantic flight"

• Options
    there is strong evidence to suggest that she is in fact forgetful and careless about critical things, as demonstrated by last week's drama:

she discovered with only 5 days left to the deadline that the amount of money she owed for her freshman year of college, after all federal assistance and scholarships, was actually the amount she owed for the fall semester of her freshman year.

You can tell because on the financial part of the website, beside the total, it says "total fall sem.".

But it did not occur to her to even consider it until she was talking with a loan officer looking for funding and he asked her if that amount was for the whole year or not.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

dude at least watch the first season

it's good tv and the first season is a complete self-contained story and really good

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    how do you forget a suitcase

like, how do you walk past the giant xray machines and not think "gee, they're a thing I might use before this transatlantic flight"

Getting out of the car was when she realized it.

At the airport 3 hours away from us. To get on a flight that leaves in 2.5 hours.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

lkr7z5c4kftb.jpg

Did it eat your kid?

We'd rather have more space in this small apartment than keep this old couch.

It's kind of expensive to dispose of unless we throw it away in pieces.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Okay look, guys

I am going to die

I am just

going

to

die

I'm not packed at all, I have to ship all my stuff tomorrow and be on a plane on Tuesday

And I have a release tonight that isn't nearly finished

And I have no adderall at all

Dead

Dead

Dying

I am dead

The deadest

• Options
    there is strong evidence to suggest that she is in fact forgetful and careless about critical things, as demonstrated by last week's drama:

she discovered with only 5 days left to the deadline that the amount of money she owed for her freshman year of college, after all federal assistance and scholarships, was actually the amount she owed for the fall semester of her freshman year.

You can tell because on the financial part of the website, beside the total, it says "total fall sem.".

But it did not occur to her to even consider it until she was talking with a loan officer looking for funding and he asked her if that amount was for the whole year or not.

she's the oldest, right

do you guys feel like you sheltered her, maybe?

i know when i went off to college i was blown away by how people were unprepared for a lot of rly basic life tasks and responsibilities and then it was really contextualized when their parents would come visit

it seems like when you talk about the boys it is with more of a laissez-faire tone which might be the results of learning from the first

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @spool32‌

A story for your daughter to make her feel better.

So I was at the airport early in the morning to fly back from Prague. This was after 2 weeks of staying with a friend in Prague and having a good time. I stayed in this hotel though the night before I left because it was easier to get to the airport.

I get to the airport, check in and go through customs.

I am sitting about 30 minutes before my flight and realize my passport was missing.

I had left it at customs. I straight up left it on the counter and walked away.

I got lucky and the official grabbed it.

But I basically almost got myself stuck in an Eastern European airport because I was too non-functional in the morning.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

lkr7z5c4kftb.jpg

Did it eat your kid?

We'd rather have more space in this small apartment than keep this old couch.

It's kind of expensive to dispose of unless we throw it away in pieces.

also

i mean

it's p fun to destroy a couch

• Options
    edited July 2014
    But yeah card artists will get tables at pro events and do alters for like $20ish

some are better than others

Steve Argyle is hilarious

Original:

105.jpg

Artist alters:

tumblr_mdjbz2F2pp1r3bmeoo1_500.jpgtumblr_mdjbpxaAEh1r3bmeoo1_500.jpgtumblr_mdjbtdl1At1r3bmeoo1_500.jpgtumblr_mdjcdyrn1Z1r3bmeoo1_500.jpgtumblr_mkad6uyKkz1r3bmeoo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m3rziyPbN61r3bmeoo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ml69uyL5201r3bmeoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcppvsaWoU1r3bmeoo1_500.jpg

Feral on

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    that is why living in the city is the best

you just drop what you don't want on the sidewalk

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

she's the oldest, right

do you guys feel like you sheltered her, maybe?

i know when i went off to college i was blown away by how people were unprepared for a lot of rly basic life tasks and responsibilities and then it was really contextualized when their parents would come visit

it seems like when you talk about the boys it is with more of a laissez-faire tone which might be the results of learning from the first

It's hard to know. Perhaps we did? I worry that we did. We get the benefit of her experiences to bring to bear with the other two, that's for certain. But also they get the benefit of observing her mistakes. Like, neither of them will ever forget something so obvious because "remember when big sister forgot her suitcase?? derpa-derp lol"

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Is that a Squirrel Girl Liliana of the Veil?

• Options
    Is that a Squirrel Girl Liliana of the Veil?

Liliana getting taken down by squirrels

presumably squirrel girl is involved

• Options
    maybe we waited too long to get her to start functioning on her own, you know? there's a window, and we missed it.

I feel like there are a lot of reasons we missed it, and they were unavoidable, but I think maybe we did, and the last few months have been playing serious catch-up.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    that is why living in the city is the best

you just drop what you don't want on the sidewalk
    plus you can dump your chamberpot out the window

• Options
    maybe we waited too long to get her to start functioning on her own, you know? there's a window, and we missed it.

I feel like there are a lot of reasons we missed it, and they were unavoidable, but I think maybe we did, and the last few months have been playing serious catch-up.

also sometimes shit happens

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Spool don't freak out.

She will catch up and be fine.

Might take a semester of college and a few freak outs but she will figure it out.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

she will catch up it's k

tho you might want to keep the old crib if you know what i'm saying

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKny4kbc81w

this is a pretty tired concept but man this guy sells the heck out of it

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options

dude at least watch the first season

it's good tv and the first season is a complete self-contained story and really good

Okey-dokey.

This discussion has been closed.