As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mario Kart 8: Animal Crossing DLC April 23rd, with 200cc coming for free!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I gotta say, watching those videos, Ribbon Road looks fucking amazing. It's like they took Andy's Room from Toy Story and laid out a Mario Kart track. Hard to believe it's based on a GBA track.

Also - Yarn Yoshi!

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Now I'm not complaining because these tracks look hot as shit... but I do wish they were organized in the cups differently. It seems like the Zelda, Animal Crossing and F-Zero courses should be their own cup and the classic courses shouldn't be mixed in with the others. I like all these things neat and tidy. Small quibble really. I'm also surprised that there isn't a straight up Super Mario 3D World course, given the inclusion of Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    I don't think there's a Zelda course here. The forest track seems brand new.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    edzepp wrote: »

I think he was talking about the Zelda track from the 1st pack.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    edzepp wrote: »

I think he was talking about the Zelda track from the 1st pack.

Yeah, that's what I meant. All four DLC cups seem mixed up in a way that doesn't make a lot of sense.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    It's interesting that two of the returning courses are from the GBA Mario Kart. Having not played that entry in the series, it'll be like getting six all-new tracks for me rather than just four. I'm looking forward to trying out Big Blue, seems like an interesting point-to-point track. I was thinking that I'd rather have had one of the Wuhu tracks from Mario Kart 7 be a returning long-form track, but Big Blue is a nice surprise. Now if we could only get a full F-Zero game...

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ConnConn Registered User regular
    Ribbon Road looks fucking incredible.

I never played the GBA game so to me it looks like a whole new track.

Big Blue looks pretty great, too. Seems to have the make of an A-to-B track like Mount Wario was. Two F-Zero tracks, now... makes me hope it implies some intentions on Nintendo's part.

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Funnily enough neo bowser city reminds me of an F-Zero GX track as well, so I'm not sure what to think now.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    All of these new tracks look amazing. I was not expecting there to be another F-Zero track.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I hate Ribbon Road on GBA.

I'm sure this version will be great, but man that track sure brings up some rage.

McFlynn on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    That nature track looks stunning, I mean, they all look great, but that one actually made me go 'wow'.

Baby Park should be, interesting (by which I of course mean infuriating) it's all gonna come down to the items there.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Baby Park will be fun when the people in 9-12th place realize they can just drive the opposite way and make life hell for the leaders.

If I'm gonna lose... then everybody's gonna lose too.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    200cc
    Frantic items
    Babies only
    Baby Park

R3ywiOR.jpg

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Baby Park will be fun when the people in 9-12th place realize they can just drive the opposite way and make life hell for the leaders.

If I'm gonna lose... then everybody's gonna lose too.

I think that might actually get you booted from online in MK8? It did in the Wii MK I think.
    Although, actually, I think if you drive backwards for too long in MK8 Lakitu just swoops in and spins you round again?

• Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    It's that time again. I forgot to grab the settings so this image isn't quite right. This week is Frantic mode.

mZGYW8F.jpg

Next week will be some form of specific character only (not sure who yet) and then 200cc.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So can I say how freaking stoked I am for the GBA courses? I have been thinking for YEARS they should bring those two courses specifically (or at least those themes - I think Super Circuit had a couple courses that looked like that) as retro tracks. They are some of the only ones in Super Circuit that are totally unique to that game, and some of the few that are not basically updates of Super Mario Kart styles. But no, it's always Mario Circuit, or Bowser's Castle, or Donut Plains. They always pick some of the most boring tracks from that game (though at least w/ this one they made Mario Circuit interesting with the anti-gravity stuff).

My only complaint is that it looks like they completely removed the Mousers from Cheese Land which is a HUGE disappointment :( One of the reasons that track always stood out to me was that it was one of the few times Nintendo ever acknowledged Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) existed outside of Shy Guys :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Internet says Baby Park is 7 laps.

Also says it takes 8 seconds to complete a lap on 200 cc.

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    3DS Friend Code: 3952-7043-7606
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    The amount of detail crammed into the backgrounds of Ribbon Road and Baby Park (and well, fuck, all the tracks, really) is mind-boggling.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    I was watching that video wondering why they made the entire track anti-grav even though its a level.... uh, level.

Chaos induced spin boosting, that's why.

• Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    I was watching that video wondering why they made the entire track anti-grav even though its a level.... uh, level.

I think the course is modeled after bumper cars. It's now closer to that goal thanks to anti-gravity bumping.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »

It took me a minute, too.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    YES! NEO BOWSER CITY! My absolute favorite (and best) track on the 3DS game. I was hoping it was going to be in Mario Kart 8, so glad to see it coming in the 2nd DLC!

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    It's time for Maaaaario Kaaaaaaart!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    NaturalNarcissistNaturalNarcissist Registered User regular
    So when does everyone meet for tournaments? If its Sundays I'd definitely be interested!

• Options
    Heh, that was quite a finish!

• Options
    Oh. Frantic mode. I forgot

• Options
    I feel like a shitheel for the redshells there. :P

• Options
    How many red shells was that?

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    So when does everyone meet for tournaments? If its Sundays I'd definitely be interested!

Sunday nights at 7 Eastern time.

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7043-7606
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    cravipat wrote: »

1 for Dirk, 2 for you.

• Options
    Good games! There were some damn close finishes throughout.

At one point I got bullet billed twice in a row, which I think is a first. Had a nice streak in there as well which I foresaw Excitebike cutting off (which indeed it did). That course is hellish in Frantic Mode.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    That was a disaster.

I am looking for the word to describe when you get a solitary red shell and the person in front of you bullet bills away. That feeling sucks. Also finally getting a bullet bill just to hit Cravipat after he crosses the finish line also sucks.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Rehab wrote: »
    cravipat wrote: »

1 for Dirk, 2 for you.

Then someone else was also shooting at me because I got 4 or 5 separate red shell warnings.

Luck was not on my side this week. I either got stuck in the middle or spent 90% of the race in 1st or 2nd only to be knocked back to 5th-7th right at the end. At least Corey let me take my frustrations out on him in a few after races. I wish I could have done that well when it counted.

CXxI6T7.jpg

Congrats to Courtney this week.
    Rehab wrote: »
    Good games! There were some damn close finishes throughout.

At one point I got bullet billed twice in a row, which I think is a first. Had a nice streak in there as well which I foresaw Excitebike cutting off (which indeed it did). That course is hellish in Frantic Mode.

Now imagine what a Frantic Mode Baby Park will be like.

cravipat on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    One thing I liked about frantic is that we used items more. Some of you are sinister with the bananas.

• Options
    NaturalNarcissistNaturalNarcissist Registered User regular
    I was the guy who hopped in for a few races. First time I ever tried out tournaments online, that was a blast! If I can swing it Sunday I'll have to come on in for longer.

This discussion has been closed.