As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WWE Supercard Thread (and wrestling I guess)

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Man, they straight up have CZW footage in this.

Well, it's the most tame footage they could find for obvious reasons.

Too bad DJ Hyde didn't show up just for the comedy. Also Drake Younger looks like he's aged nearly 10 years since I last saw him in 2013.

I would think the lack of drugs and deathmatches would have helped out Drake, but maybe it caught up with him in the facial department? Like when Kramer smokes all the cigars.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That kid was great. Especially when Bo's music came on.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Man, they straight up have CZW footage in this.

Well, it's the most tame footage they could find for obvious reasons.

Too bad DJ Hyde didn't show up just for the comedy. Also Drake Younger looks like he's aged nearly 10 years since I last saw him in 2013.

I would think the lack of drugs and deathmatches would have helped out Drake, but maybe it caught up with him in the facial department? Like when Kramer smokes all the cigars.

He only quit death matches full time in 2013. All I can say is he sure doesn't look 29 years old.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

I think this also proves how important the first two seconds of a theme are.

uyvfOQy.png
    slimelord
    Some of those are past the pop getter, though. Like Miz's "AWESOME".

steam_sig.png

Speaking of Drake

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JSVKsOviGMo

Good grief how did he pass their medical tests.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I watched the Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki match on Impact tonight and it was damn good. Not as good as their initial RoH encounter, but it was obvious they're not as important to TNA as they were to RoH, but still worth watching or seeking out. Especially if you like hard hitting matches.

Speaking of Drake

I mean, allegedly he got the ref job because they passed on him as a wrestler but loved his attitude.

They probably don't test as strictly for refs.

steam_sig.png

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    after 300 matches of supercard exhibition, i am 247-53 and running
    Rare Damien Sandow (20/20)
    SR Alberto Del Rio (15/25)
    SR Mr. McMahon (16/25)
    SR Darren Young (16/25)
    Uncommon Natalya PRO (20/20)

I'm working on leveling a rare Eva Marie, she's not quite better than natty yet

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    482-46
    SR Vince (25/25 144, 145, 131, 202)
    SR Andre (25/25 174, 190, 148, 181)
    SR Daniel Bryan (25/25 164, 173, 171, 181)
    Rare Pro Bray (16/25 184, 173, 164, 184)
    Rare Eva (20/20 101, 104, 123, 117)

Got 2 Natalyas I can train, but I'd rather train 2 AJs or 2 Evas or just get a SR Diva.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Speaking of Drake

That's a great example of what a good death match should look like. There is the gratuitous violence of all the weapons, but they try and avoid the weapons and tell a story with it, and there is a good wrestling match there even while they are using crazy weapons. It's not like a CZW death match where they punch each other for a while then do a crazy spot and no sell to punch each other and then do another crazy spot.

Dyvim Tvar
    90% of my losses come from 'oh you have a super rare diva and i still have...common tamina.........'

Gonmun
    Rare Pro Bray has quickly proven that combining good max level rares is totally worth it.

Wish I hadn't combined those 2 Xavier Woods I had since he cheated and totally got the developers to give him crazy stats.

Is it true that the Eva Marie card is hilariously OP?

steam_sig.png

rare eva marie has like 20 more stat points total than either of the other rare divas, and you spend a lot of time seeing rare divas in the rare and super rare divisions.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Is it true that the Eva Marie card is hilariously OP?

My level 14 rare Eva Marie ruins everything except for super rare Bella cards.

The Natty I had going was wrecking rares here and there, but could never keep up with SRs. Hopefully this Eva Marie can keep up

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I love my SR Nikki...she is the only thing that wins me matches most times, since the only rares I pull are those KotR boosts that I never use.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    Devlin_Dragonus
    I've had an uncommon Eva Marie beat my Uncommon AJ which was trained over level 10. I've also had my rare Nattie lose to an uncommon Eva. It's fucked up.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Magell wrote: »
    I've had an uncommon Eva Marie beat my Uncommon AJ which was trained over level 10. I've also had my rare Nattie lose to an uncommon Eva. It's fucked up.

What levels were they, which stats mattered in the match, and which modifiers did they use?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Sad part is you don't have many divas.

in the uncommons you have in order of total stat points:
    eva marie
    AJ Lee
    summer rae
    natalya

Then in rares you have in order of total stat points:
    eva marie
    AJ Lee
    natalya

So until you get to super rares, your best bet is eva or aj or better yet Eva or Aj Pro.

Hence why Eva is so wanted. Once you get in super rares I have no idea, Cameron looks pretty good but I haven't seen stats on any of the girls in that tier yet.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    Super Rare Naomi is definitely capable of wrecking face.

Dyvim Tvar

What levels were they, which stats mattered in the match, and which modifiers did they use?

My AJ had at least 4 levels on her Eva and I believe toughness and charisma. I'm not sure if my Nattie was trained when I lost with her, but any loss to Eva Marie shatters my soul a little bit.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular

My favorites were easily "Dolphin" and "John CEEEEEEENNNNNNAAAAAAAA".

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So that SHIELD kayfabe-documentary was great and I think I talked myself into Seth vs Dean vs Roman for the title at Mania.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Know how Hogan in the day would eliminate a friend to win a Royal Rumble yet pissed if they did it to him that he'd get them eliminated.

Reigns is like that.

Reynolds
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    So that SHIELD kayfabe-documentary was great and I think I talked myself into Seth vs Dean vs Roman for the title at Mania.

Seth would be great in this.
    My biggest fear for this is that Dean will outshine Roman.

I personally think that a undefeated Brock Lesnar who has dominated everyone he has faced coming in to Mania just like he dominated Cena last weekend vs Mad Man Dean Ambrose would be unbelievable.

And the way Dean's stock has been rising this might be a serious possibility

zllehs wrote: »

I personally think that a undefeated Brock Lesnar who has dominated everyone he has faced coming in to Mania just like he dominated Cena last weekend vs Mad Man Dean Ambrose would be unbelievable.

Dean already outshines Roman.

It sounds like he gets more cheers to me. It's not just the net folk that are enjoying him.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Kevin Steen has shirts on prowrestlingtees.com again and I just saw this shirt which may actually be the best wrestling shirt ever

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wrestler-t-shirts-1/kevinsteen/i-carried-him-for-years.html

I'm surprised he's still allowed to sell shirts now that he's part of the WWE.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    So I start to watch the Shield doc, and my tablet crashes. I restart and try to watch it again, and my internet goes out.

I think The Authority has hacked my home network.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »

Dean already outshines Roman.

It sounds like he gets more cheers to me. It's not just the net folk that are enjoying him.

All this is true but it's not as obvious as it would be if they were in the same program together.

edited August 2014
    Alberto Del Rio is said to be financially well off. One vague question that wasn’t addressed in his termination letter would be whether he could do autograph shows, but since that wasn’t specifically prohibited, one would think he could do so. However, people representing Del Rio have contacted independent promoters in the U.S. and said that Del Rio would be taking both autograph signing bookings and wrestling bookings in the U.S. starting very soon, because he didn’t believe a one-year non-compete where he wasn’t getting paid at all could hold up. His asking price for outside bookings is said to be extremely high, described to me as “Bret Hart level.”

He said that his contract expired in February 2015, and he was considering leaving WWE at that time before this happened. He said that he and his wife at first decided against suing to get his job back because he was going to leave anyway, but when he got the termination letter that included the one-year non-compete in both wrestling and MMA, that changed his position.

Those close to the situation said Paul Levesque told him when he was being let go to just keep his nose clean and when the heat died down, they would bring him back in six months. He said that he wasn’t interested in coming back.

The situation, as those close to him believe, is that there is a lawsuit out against WWE and Big Show from a former guy in production who is suing Show for allegedly roughing him up during a filmed interview segment. WWE felt that having another incident like that, that if Del Rio wasn’t fired, it would strengthen the case and strengthen a potential case by Barbierri that WWE provided an unsafe working environment. Those close to the situation have said that John Cena, Big Show and Randy Orton all told Del Rio they would push to get him his job back because most of the locker room was sympathetic to his position, but Del Rio made it clear that he doesn’t want to come back. Del Rio has become a big-time hero in Mexico, where the basics of the story broke in mainstream news, although he would not confirm them.

Honestly this is the most interesting he has ever been.

Cade on
    KreutzDevlin_DragonusDex DynamoGoose!Andy Joe
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    You strip him of his music, pyro, cars, manager, and CHARACTER and you know what?

I agree with him wanting out and WWE has handled this poorly.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    CuvisTheConquerorPwnanObrienCade
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Right now I'm working on leveling up my second rare Edge so I can then combine them. I'm 253-59 in exhibition atm. But here's what I'm using for a deck atm.

SR Dean Ambrose (15/25)
    SR Alberto Del Rio (8/25)
    Rare Shawn Michaels (12/20)
    Rare Edge (20/20)
    Rare AJ Lee (3/20)

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • cornellcornell Registered User regular
    The whole situation has been incredibly unfair to Del Rio in my opinion. As much as I like the new regime, they drove Punk away, won't rehire Angle, and screwed Del Rio. It's shaky at best so far.

THEPAIN73GonmunDevlin_DragonusMagellPwnanObrien
    cornell wrote: »
    The whole situation has been incredibly unfair to Del Rio in my opinion. As much as I like the new regime, they drove Punk away, won't rehire Angle, and screwed Del Rio. It's shaky at best so far.

Yeah Angle really doesn't have anyone to blame but himself there.

And Punk left on his own accord.

edited August 2014
    I'll give you Del Rio but do you really blame them for not wanting to give Angle another chance?

wirehead26 on
This discussion has been closed.