As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]over

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    ITT Hakkes struggles with existentialism, Narwhal struggles with food and sports

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ridley Scott, please stop making things you are done. You made Alien and Blade Runner. And Black Hawk Down I guess.

Please no more. My heart can't take another Prometheus. I will die.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i want to try an illegal drug

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    omfg

Guys I'm really nervous and anxious about a thing at work

I feel like I'm always stumbling headlong into bullshit that puts me on the spotlight as some idiot fool who thinks too highly of herself and doesn't deserve what she already has much less what she is asking for

aka impostor syndrome i guess i get it but then there is always the meta-meta-voice in the back of my head going "Impostor syndrome exists but it doesn't apply to YOU right now you MONSTER"

Anyway I've just been put in an extremely awkward limbo position right now and I'm all nervous and will pee myself

Well let's examine your options.

We already know you can't run away. (Sorry. That one's for me.)

So what you need is to avoid battling the imposter syndrome directly. You can't win that battle, because self doubt only lends itself to more self doubt. Instead, accept it as part of you and just do your best in the situation. Fight like hell in it. If that means working hard, do it. If it means biting your tongue, do that. Whatever it means, do your best, like you are fighting for your life.

You can't beat imposter syndrome, only prove it wrong.

Ludious on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ridley Scott, please stop making things you are done. You made Alien and Blade Runner. And Black Hawk Down I guess.

Legend was amazing

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Black hawk down was really bad. We still take the piss out of a friend for wanting to see it. I can't even remember what the other film choice was but we all know that Craig demanded we watch black hawk down instead.

He did apologise afterwards but he was not forgiven. I presume this crime will be engraved on his tombstone

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

You don't want a movie about Egyptians vs. Hebrews starring no actual Arabs or Jews?

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    i haven't had drugs in forever ToT

What about coffee huh COFFEE IS A DRUG TOO.

i'd love to trip balls on pure caffeine

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Atomika wrote: »

You don't want a movie about Egyptians vs. Hebrews starring no actual Arabs or Jews?

That sounds lovely and the way god intended it to be

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Black hawk down was really bad. We still take the piss out of a friend for wanting to see it. I can't even remember what the other film choice was but we all know that Craig demanded we watch black hawk down instead.

He did apologise afterwards but he was not forgiven. I presume this crime will be engraved on his tombstone

Mojo I like you like, as a forumer.

But you're dead wrong here.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Leaving for japan tomorrow.

Amount of work I'm going to get done today: basically none.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

I can sympathise with Craig. What was that awful movie a few years ago with the reverse vampires? I dragged friends to that and still get abuse over it.

And Egyptians are Africans not Arabs

Jesus. Get your racial profiling correct.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So there is an app that was released for key duplication. It takes a front and back image of the key and then calculates the bitting pattern. Then a new key is sent out. Wired is losing their shit over this and I kinda want to send a key bitting machine to their office. But their basic idea is that someone might duplicate keys that say no duplication with this new technology. Ignoring the old tech of just covering that with a sticker.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    i haven't had drugs in forever ToT

What about coffee huh COFFEE IS A DRUG TOO.

i'd love to trip balls on pure caffeine

You really don't.

Getting too high on caffeine is a miserable experience.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

yeah i don't get it

like even though gladiator was a good movie, it just pales in comparison to BR and Alien

i guess he's just really good at building up worlds but sucks at judging scripts

ridley scott is basically a dungeon master who doesn't get outside much

and really likes arabian music

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

I can sympathise with Craig. What was that awful movie a few years ago with the reverse vampires? I dragged friends to that and still get abuse over it.

Day breakers?

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    black hawk down was awesome

919UOwT.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So if people did not know, try to listen to this before you screw your face up in judgement.

Tom green has had a new talk show for a couple years, and its pretty damn good and its picking up steam with better guests. It was picked up for a bit a while back on the smodcast(kevin smiths thing) network but dropped I think when he changed venues.

steam_sig.png
    Ridley Scott on the Prometheus commentary track acted like even he didn't understand what the film was about.

That doesn't bode well.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

A friend convinced us to go see Ultraviolet whenever that came out.

I bring it up any time he mentions he has any idea ever, because I am a dick.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry we seem to be forgetting stuff like Matchstick Men, Thelma and Louise, GI Jane, Body of Lies, Kingdom of Heaven

None of these better than Alien and Blade Runner but none of them are bad.

Hell, Black Hawk Down wasn't bad, I'm not sure where that opinion is coming from either.

But Prometheus was def bad. I heard Robin Hood wasn't great either but I didn't see it yet.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov

Day breakers?

possibly? The abuse is so ingrained in our social routine that we don't even need the name of the movie, I just know I don't get to pick movies until someone picks something worse

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Ridley Scott films are technically almost flawless, so I will continue to watch whatever he churns out.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Day breakers was great!

edited July 2014
    Virginia and North Carolina are expected to strike down gay marriage bans sometime today.

Meanwhile, the Texas Attorney General (and GOP candidate for Governor) argued today that "banning same-sex marriage is in Texas' interest" because of babies.

Atomika on
    omfg

I feel like I'm always stumbling headlong into bullshit that puts me on the spotlight as some idiot fool who thinks too highly of herself and doesn't deserve what she already has much less what she is asking for

aka impostor syndrome i guess i get it but then there is always the meta-meta-voice in the back of my head going "Impostor syndrome exists but it doesn't apply to YOU right now you MONSTER"

Anyway I've just been put in an extremely awkward limbo position right now and I'm all nervous and will pee myself

1. go relieve yourself properly
    2. be the monster who is right, the one they whisper the name of that they dare disturb you to fix their pissant problems.

steam_sig.png
    Matchstick Men was fairly good as I remember. That was Nicholas Cage being a terrible father and a con man right?

yeah it was daybreakers

that was fucking awful

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

I will be happy if he just stops fucking with Blade Runner...

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Basically, while I can understand being worried about future Scott projects, we've all seen directors slip, let's not pretend it's a longer trend than it actually is you godless heathens

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    omfg

1. go relieve yourself properly
    2. be the monster who is right, the one they whisper the name of that they dare disturb you to fix their pissant problems.

Also: rip a cubicle wall off your desk and say 'well that problems solved'.

steam_sig.png
    it's looks like beautiful day

maybe i'll take homegirl for a picnic in the park

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Atomika wrote: »
    Virginia and North Carolina are expected to strike down gay marriage bans sometime today.

Meanwhile, the Texas Attorney General (and GOP candidate for Governor) argued today that "banning same-sex marriage is in Texas' interest" because of babies.

I think VA already did it, right?

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2014
    asrfwsds

Vanguard on
    Few movies inspire as much hate as I have for Prometheus. Worse movies have been made but none of those tricked me into getting excited for months, paying to go to a theater, and then watching everything I love about scifi get shat on for 120 minutes.

yeah it was daybreakers

that was fucking awful

Was this the vampire movie where the cure to vampirism was just the right amount of sunlight?

steam_sig.png
    Matchstick Men was fairly good as I remember. That was Nicholas Cage being a terrible father and a con man right?

fairly good my ass Matchstick Men was beautiful

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
This discussion has been closed.