Options

[chat]over

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Expectations are key. Daybreakers came out in a year with 5242341 other shitty vampire movies and I saw it casually at home, on DVD while eating pizza, having never heard of it. I had fun.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I never actually got round to watching Prometheus. Although I did rewatch the first two alien films when it came out

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I never actually got round to warding Prometheus. Although I did rewatch the first two alien films when it came out

This is the smartest thing you could have done.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Ridley Scott movies are almost always better in the 17 hour directors cut version

like Kingdom of Heaven was actually a good movie just not the version anyone saw in the theaters

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Few movies inspire as much hate as I have for Prometheus. Worse movies have been made but none of those tricked me into getting excited for months, paying to go to a theater, and then watching everything I love about scifi get shat on for 120 minutes.

Yeah I've had fun at shitty movies like that but I just expected way way more from him on this, and it was like he didn't even care.

I mean if we find out he's getting alzheimers or something and people have been trying to keep it under wraps and get him treatment etc then it will just become tragic. But until then I am p mad bro.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

are we allowed shill our own tweets in here now?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I never actually got round to warding Prometheus. Although I did rewatch the first two alien films when it came out

This is the smartest thing you could have done.

I'll probably watch it at some point. Assuming it's on Netflix.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    There are two dogs here, Brownie and Russel

Both boy dogs, basically twins. No idea what breed they are, but they're basically 80lb mops.

Anyway, two vastly different personalities. Just now I yelled out the window to them because they got in a barking loop (one barks and sets the other off, repeat ad infinitum).

Russel stops immediately, lays down and looks appropriately chagrined, Brownie refuses to even acknowledge my presence until I address him specificially by name.

He's got an attitude, is what I'm saying.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I liked Prometheus well enough.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tav wrote: »

even though ludious is terrible, i don't think he would use a pic of blackface for his twitter profile

that's a bridge too far

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Gladiator was worse in the extended cut. It added in more romance with the sexy Roman noble lady and a kiss, which is a horrible misjudgement given it undercuts the whole devoted husband thing that is the uplifting emotional high at the end.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I liked Prometheus well enough.

If it were directed by McG I'd be right there with you

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

hah. you'd think I'd be a twitter guy, but I'm not. I do it very sporadically, and that ain't me.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I really thought that after Matchstick Men Allison Lohman was going to be the next big thing. She even got a few leading roles after that, and then . . . . pfft. Nothing. According to IMDB she hasn't made a film in 5 years.

Atomika on
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

even though ludious is terrible, i don't think he would use a pic of blackface for his twitter profile

that's a bridge too far

Ludious isn't black?

• Options
    This iris is opening and I need to get off it! Better perilously jump from blade to blade instead of just standing still as it carries me to the edge BECAUSE IT IS AN IRIS AND THAT IS HOW IRISES WORK

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Gladiator was worse in the extended cut. It added in more romance with the sexy Roman noble lady and a kiss, which is a horrible misjudgement given it undercuts the whole devoted husband thing that is the uplifting emotional high at the end.

yeah sometimes extended cuts just show you how important editing is

but then you get stuff like the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven, which takes it from ok movie to solid movie imo

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Ridley Scott movies are almost always better in the 17 hour directors cut version

like Kingdom of Heaven was actually a good movie just not the version anyone saw in the theaters

In the case of Blade Runner, I strongly disagree.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

that's a bridge too far

Ludious isn't black?

i actually don't know

i just assumed he was a racist white guy

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    prometheus was absurdly pretty and also pretty garbage

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

that's a bridge too far

Ludious isn't black?

i actually don't know

wat

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    This iris is opening and I need to get off it! Better perilously jump from blade to blade instead of just standing still as it carries me to the edge BECAUSE IT IS AN IRIS AND THAT IS HOW IRISES WORK

oh no this gigantic long thin space ship is going to fall on me

better not run to the side!

919UOwT.png
  • Options

that's a bridge too far

Ludious isn't black?

i actually don't know

wat

Ludious is a proud African-American

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

The narration ruins it, I feel. The minimalism of the director's cut places the focus on the movie's sets which are the film's strongpoints.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Expectations are key. Daybreakers came out in a year with 5242341 other shitty vampire movies and I saw it casually at home, on DVD while eating pizza, having never heard of it. I had fun.

daybreakers was so close to being a great movie

it was entertaining though

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

There's like 17 cuts of Blade runner you'll have to narrow it down

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    prometheus was absurdly pretty and also pretty garbage

prometheus_engineer.jpg

• Options

I get why people like the theatrical noir voice over but the ambiguous ending is 1000% better and I don't need the voice over for it to feel noir

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options

that's a bridge too far

Ludious isn't black?

i actually don't know

wat

*takes notes*

• Options

that's a bridge too far

Ludious isn't black?

i actually don't know

Just pretend I had a lot to say in response to this and we went back and forth about the differences between a schtick and genuine feelings and you saying there is no difference and me disagreeing and then we agree to disagree.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Ridley Scott, please stop making things you are done. You made Alien and Blade Runner. And Black Hawk Down I guess.

Please no more. My heart can't take another Prometheus. I will die.

he will roll dice to see what his characters do

it'll be fun!

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Cinders wrote: »

The narration ruins it, I feel. The minimalism of the director's cut places the focus on the movie's sets which are the film's strongpoints.

I can agree with that much.

But every cut of the film just tries to hammer a forced plot twist harder than the last, and that kinda ruins it for me.

Neco on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Waiting to get fired sucks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Atomika wrote: »
    Ridley Scott, please stop making things you are done. You made Alien and Blade Runner. And Black Hawk Down I guess.

You don't want a movie about Egyptians vs. Hebrews starring no actual Arabs or Jews?

that is the only movie about egyptians vs. hebrews that i want

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
  • Options

that's a bridge too far

Ludious isn't black?

i actually don't know

wat

*takes notes*

You can trust me, I am 100% solid source for [chat]ter information.

@21stCentury‌ is carrying @Organichu‌ 's illegitimate love-child. It was conceived at PAX.

• Options

There's like 17 cuts of Blade runner you'll have to narrow it down

That is actually one of the things I have a problem with.

Leave it alone! ...Well, too late now, i guess. :P

• Options
    okay someone send me a picture of ludious

i need to know how bad to feel

• Options

Black hawk down was really bad. We still take the piss out of a friend for wanting to see it. I can't even remember what the other film choice was but we all know that Craig demanded we watch black hawk down instead.

He did apologise afterwards but he was not forgiven. I presume this crime will be engraved on his tombstone

I can sympathise with Craig. What was that awful movie a few years ago with the reverse vampires? I dragged friends to that and still get abuse over it.

A friend convinced us to go see Ultraviolet whenever that came out.

I bring it up any time he mentions he has any idea ever, because I am a dick.

i demanded that frankie watch iron man 3 with me

she still makes fun of me for that

god so bad

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »

You don't want a movie about Egyptians vs. Hebrews starring no actual Arabs or Jews?

that is the only movie about egyptians vs. hebrews that i want

I have to wonder at the Hollywood logic where Christian Bale's last two major roles were that of elderly Jews.

This discussion has been closed.