Options

[chat]over

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Well Iron Man 2 is the worst marvel movie by a long shot. Not even close.

On the one hand, it's a mess. On the other hand, Rockwell and Rourke are amazing in it.

it's not that there's nothing to like about it, it's just clear that it is less good than the other marvel movies

less good than Thor is a problem because Thor was only ok

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Is Iron Man 2 worse than Norton's Hulk, which is still MCU canon?

I'd argue no.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I'd say IM3 is on par with the first one, although for different reasons. The second one was just a mess.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Lawrenceburg, Indiana (not to be confused with bourbon-locale Lawrenceburg, Kentucky) is home to a massive brick complex that cranks out mega-industrial quantities of beverage-grade alcohol. The factory, once a Seagram distillery, has changed hands over the decades and was most recently acquired by food-ingredient corporation MGP. It is now a one-stop shop for marketers who want to bottle their own brands of spirits without having to distill the product themselves. MGP sells them bulk vodka and gin, as well as a large selection of whiskies, including bourbons of varying recipes, wheat whiskey, corn whiskey, and rye. (They also make “food grade industrial alcohol” used in everything from solvents and antiseptics to fungicides.) Their products are well-made, but hardly what one thinks of as artisanal. And yet, much of the whiskey now being sold as the hand-crafted product of micro-distilleries actually comes from this one Indiana factory.

fuck this stupid earth

flips table

@Deebaser‌
    @Casual Eddy
    @syndalis‌
    @Podly‌

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/your-craft-whiskey-is-probably-from-a-factory-distillery-in-indiana.html

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    huh apparently potatoes are pretty healthy for you!

i'm guessing this excludes giant idaho spuds, but still!

edit* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2142256/The-ultimate-wonder-food-The-humble-potato-nutrients-vitamins-minerals-traditional-superfoods.html

no potatoes for u tubbo

poo
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Hold on

Spiderman is marvel, right?

when people say marvel they mean Marvel Studios not just any marvel property

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Hold on

Spider-man, Fantastic Four, and X-Men, while being marvel properties, do not really count when we are talking "marvel movies" because Marvel Pictures doesn't actually have anything to do with those properties.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i mean i disliked iron man 2 a lot

the sheer badness of iron man 2 was the reason i had to cajole frankie so much before she agreed to watch iron man 3

and even in that diminished context iron man 3 was horrible.

the credits rolled and all i could do was apologise.

insult to injury was that we watched it on itunes and the rental got charged to her account.

Considering how often you've told us how terrible her taste in movies is, I'm not sure what you are hoping to accomplish with this line of argument. :p

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

I'd argue no.

people need to stop hating on that hulk movie because it is solid and was better than Thor

I will fight you

Zampanov smash

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Jesus, that's a daily mail article, Pods.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Lud if you keep talking about how awesome that kid is I'm going to think you want one of your own.

*looks up places to buy childrens*

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

We don't count Ang Lee's Hulk?

EDIT** NM, saw the clarification.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Atomika wrote: »

I'd argue no.

Yeah, I'd rank IM2 above Hulk and maybe around Thor. Though the two have completely different issues.

I'd have to watch the two again to be certain.

shryke on
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »

We don't count Ang Lee's Hulk?

fuck no

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    shryke wrote: »

On the one hand, it's a mess. On the other hand, Rockwell and Rourke are amazing in it.

but mostly rockwell

somehow don cheadle manages to give the worst performance of his career and that includes that shitty cockney accent he put on in that oceans eleven movie

it was really a terrible movie

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Will I feel as if we watched two different movies, because I can understand someone not liking Iron Man 3. I get a lot of the criticism, even! Like people who feel there wasn't enough iron man. I get that. But you act as if it was a snuff film and I don't see it at all.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Lawrenceburg, Indiana (not to be confused with bourbon-locale Lawrenceburg, Kentucky) is home to a massive brick complex that cranks out mega-industrial quantities of beverage-grade alcohol. The factory, once a Seagram distillery, has changed hands over the decades and was most recently acquired by food-ingredient corporation MGP. It is now a one-stop shop for marketers who want to bottle their own brands of spirits without having to distill the product themselves. MGP sells them bulk vodka and gin, as well as a large selection of whiskies, including bourbons of varying recipes, wheat whiskey, corn whiskey, and rye. (They also make “food grade industrial alcohol” used in everything from solvents and antiseptics to fungicides.) Their products are well-made, but hardly what one thinks of as artisanal. And yet, much of the whiskey now being sold as the hand-crafted product of micro-distilleries actually comes from this one Indiana factory.

fuck this stupid earth

flips table

@Deebaser‌
    @Casual Eddy
    @syndalis‌
    @Podly‌

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/your-craft-whiskey-is-probably-from-a-factory-distillery-in-indiana.html

ace%20ventura%20chew.gif

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

Hold on

when people say marvel they mean Marvel Studios not just any marvel property

Hold on

Spider-man, Fantastic Four, and X-Men, while being marvel properties, do not really count when we are talking "marvel movies" because Marvel Pictures doesn't actually have anything to do with those properties.

Ah. I am not a very good movie nerd, or even a very good comic nerd.

But yeah then, given those parameters IM2 is the worst.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

fuck this stupid earth

flips table

@Deebaser‌
    @Casual Eddy
    @syndalis‌
    @Podly‌

I mean. Did people not read labels? "Bottled in X" is not the same as "Bottled and distilled in X".

I'll admit Templeton is p bad about pretending they're something they're not.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    huh apparently potatoes are pretty healthy for you!

i'm guessing this excludes giant idaho spuds, but still!

edit* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2142256/The-ultimate-wonder-food-The-humble-potato-nutrients-vitamins-minerals-traditional-superfoods.html

PROOF THAT CRISPOID IS SUPERIOR FOOD

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I liked Ang Lee's Hulk movie. It was a fucksight better than the Norton one.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Jesus, that's a daily mail article, Pods.

well the other article was taking forever to load :<

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    Lud if you keep talking about how awesome that kid is I'm going to think you want one of your own.

Find me a kid like that, that is already past the baby stage and knows how to make his own breakfast and has opinions about shit and knows his way around a machine shop and we'll talk.

• Options
    In real life, Christian Bale's character in American Hustle was a morbidly obese Jew in his 60s.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    thor and ed norton hulk were good

shame about the rest of the movies

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

Awww that's so cu-

wait

• Options
    I'm sorry people the definitive comparison of marvel studios films shakes out like this

Iron Man
    Avengers
    Cap 2
    Iron Man 3*
    Incredible Hulk*
    Cap 1
    Thor
    Thor 2 (from what I've heard, haven't seen it yet)
    Iron Man 2

*having watched IM3 only recently, I haven't made a final decision yet

anyone in disagreement, well

I encourage all frogs to jump

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    oh also iron man 3 was the third best marvel film so far

Winter soldier
    Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Iron Man
    Thor 2
    Captain America
    Thor
    Any version of the hulk
    Iron man 2

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Find me a kid like that, that is already past the baby stage and knows how to make his own breakfast and has opinions about shit and knows his way around a machine shop and we'll talk.

We've got a bunch of them here in Texas that they are boarding in some schools. I bet you can get them pretty cheap the state wants to get rid of them.

• Options
    Iron man 3 will lose the coveted third best spot on thursday though, I am sure

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Thor was awful. Iron man 3 was probably worse though.

Really the marvel films don't have the best pedigree

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

Awww that's so cu-

wait

what? i meant orphanages.

because you dont get that shit for free.

(tee hee you have a dirty mind)

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    Thor 2 is muuuch higher than Cap 1
    Thor 2 was an alright story with some amazing cinematics
    Cap 1 was WW2 era black face. Or maybe redface

• Options
    What is this anti-Marvel madness?

Are you duders gaslighting me?

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

Thor was awful. Iron man 3 was probably worse though.

Really the marvel films don't have the best pedigree

Thor was pretty awful-

wait what?

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    oh also iron man 3 was the third best marvel film so far

Winter soldier
    Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Iron Man
    Thor 2
    Captain America
    Thor
    Any version of the hulk
    Iron man 2

I like this list. Well done, list maker.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Best Marvel movies:

Spider-Man 3
    The Fantastic Four
    X-Men 3
    Wolverine: Origins
    Green Lantern
    Batman and Robin

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

fuck this stupid earth

flips table

@Deebaser‌
    @Casual Eddy
    @syndalis‌
    @Podly‌

I mean. Did people not read labels? "Bottled in X" is not the same as "Bottled and distilled in X".

I'll admit Templeton is p bad about pretending they're something they're not.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's inferior just because it's only a bottling. For instance, whistle pig started growing their own rye and building their own distillery, but wanted to get selling right away so bought up various distilled canadian straight ryes and blending them to a product they found to meet their standards.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I'm not even that bummed about my impending doom. I'm not good at what I'm now doing and there's nowhere else in the company for me to go.

It's just. The awkward sensation of knowing that everyone knows. Well not everyone but the folks involved in the process.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Best Marvel movies:

Spider-Man 3
    The Fantastic Four
    X-Men 3
    Wolverine: Origins
    Green Lantern
    Batman and Robin

I love you bogart