Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    so

i have a date with a girl from the comment section on Jezebel

wut

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The future of fad dieting well be eating four meals a day. Evenly spaced in time ( so you'll have to sleep for less than six hours) and each meal had to include raw poultry

I will create one called the Fourth Meal Cleanse.

Taco Bell, I demand compensation for this idea.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    All the Marvel Movie hate, especially the Captain America 1 hate, is just a bizarre biproduct of the echo-chambery nature of this place.

Like, we have a few people here who genuinely dislike that movie, but we are a small sampling and the overwhelming majority of everyone thinks it was a good to great film.

People are allowed to have terrible opinions.

to be clear about my marvel rankings, I liked all of them to one degree or another and it is super fucking cool that even the bottom of my list got watched more than once and enjoyed

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    did you guys not know about LDI

how am i more informed about whiskey than you drunks

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    huh apparently potatoes are pretty healthy for you!

i'm guessing this excludes giant idaho spuds, but still!

edit* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2142256/The-ultimate-wonder-food-The-humble-potato-nutrients-vitamins-minerals-traditional-superfoods.html

no potatoes for u tubbo

that article is like "packed with selenium!"

and neglects to mention the fact that every potato is a simple carb bomb.

The potato museum in Bruges is great. Potatoes are incredibly healthy! Chips are good for you!

when i was in 5th grade my school took us on a field trip to the wonder bread factory

we watched a film in which kids sang songs about how healthy wonder bread is:

one two three four

hey mom can we have some more

bread yeah that's what we said

we said bread because...

it's nutritious and delicious and it tastes great too

we went on a field trip to a tomato sauce factory when I lived in italy

all of us were fucking grossed out at the number of flies on everything

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    so

wut

n44CX9DSEQNWB.jpg

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Kentucky and Indiana occupy the same part of my brain that thinks "Fuck that place in general".

i am going to kentucky in a few weeks : x

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Lawrenceburg, Indiana (not to be confused with bourbon-locale Lawrenceburg, Kentucky) is home to a massive brick complex that cranks out mega-industrial quantities of beverage-grade alcohol. The factory, once a Seagram distillery, has changed hands over the decades and was most recently acquired by food-ingredient corporation MGP. It is now a one-stop shop for marketers who want to bottle their own brands of spirits without having to distill the product themselves. MGP sells them bulk vodka and gin, as well as a large selection of whiskies, including bourbons of varying recipes, wheat whiskey, corn whiskey, and rye. (They also make “food grade industrial alcohol” used in everything from solvents and antiseptics to fungicides.) Their products are well-made, but hardly what one thinks of as artisanal. And yet, much of the whiskey now being sold as the hand-crafted product of micro-distilleries actually comes from this one Indiana factory.

fuck this stupid earth

flips table

@Deebaser‌
    @Casual Eddy
    @syndalis‌
    @Podly‌

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/your-craft-whiskey-is-probably-from-a-factory-distillery-in-indiana.html

I mean. Did people not read labels? "Bottled in X" is not the same as "Bottled and distilled in X".

I'll admit Templeton is p bad about pretending they're something they're not.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's inferior just because it's only a bottling. For instance, whistle pig started growing their own rye and building their own distillery, but wanted to get selling right away so bought up various distilled canadian straight ryes and blending them to a product they found to meet their standards.

Lawrenceburg, Indiana.
    Im not even mad. That's genius.

Is there a list of brands guilty of doing this?

I am buying some rye tonight and I think I may have dodged a Bulleit by hearing about this beforehand.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    And back from pharmacy. Today just got a lot better.

Insurance was non-jerks?

Apparently! I kinda expect an angry phonecall from the pharmacy about that, but we will see!

It got me my pills and bought me time to keep looking for a job, so..

Neco on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    gh6zjF0.jpg

Last two categories on Teen Jeopardy.

hahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!

this is amazing even if shopped

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    oh, 20th birthday

i thought it was an abortion/miscarriage cake

well

• Options
    so

wut
    white knighting works???

• Options
    mcu movies are all rad get dunked on you bunch of h8ters have fun watching grimdark batman vs superman everyone will be sad their parents are dead fyi hth

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    did you guys not know about LDI

how am i more informed about whiskey than you drunks

How am I supposed to read the label when the bottle is upside-down, pouring into my mouth?

Huh? Answer me that, Einstein.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    gh6zjF0.jpg

In defense of nerds, those things are very scary.

• Options
    Sorry for being a grumpyfuss y'all

Is ok.

I lost my job recently. Shit suuuuuuucks.

• Options
    here's the thing about bulleit

it's delicious

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    All the Marvel Movie hate, especially the Captain America 1 hate, is just a bizarre biproduct of the echo-chambery nature of this place.

Like, we have a few people here who genuinely dislike that movie, but we are a small sampling and the overwhelming majority of everyone thinks it was a good to great film.

Hey now, most people either liked it a lot or say it was OK. I don't see much hate for it.

I even admitted that my hate comes from place of thinking Cap is a dumb. And it is kinda 'meh'.

And the action-y bits seemed weirdly extra cheesetastic to me... like that whole motorcycle part? Maybe that was the goal but it did not work for me.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Just buy Old Overholt and not give a shit.

0 to drunk in twenty dollars.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I mostly have no use for the Marvel films BUT

I think it's awesome that so many superhero movies are being made competently AND

I absolutely out of my mind love that they are doing multiple film series that tie in together in a separate film. that's been my (and many of yours too I'm sure) dream since the first x men came out and spiderman 1 was on the horizon.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Yo, imma make some industrial grade, bullshit, pancake syrup at a factory in Maple, NY.

Now accepting investors. 100% Maple Syrup. We'll make the bottles look all artisanal and shit.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Deebaser on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    so

wut

wear this

0nLyRRe.jpg

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Insurance was non-jerks?

Apparently! I kinda expect an angry from the pharmacy about that, but we will see!

It got me my pills and bought me time to keep looking for a job, so..

Those are all good things! Yay!

I am glad that all worked out in the end :)

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    so

wut

wear this

0nLyRRe.jpg

but also wear a fedora and call her m'lady.

• Options
    so

wut

be prepared to have an article written about you

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

The Marvel films do have flaws and people tend to talk about them. But they also have a lot of charm and the work pretty well as entertainment and that get's left out. So you get this weird effect where people talk in positive terms about Marvel crushing it but if you ask them which films are the ones crushing it, you will get wildly different answers.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Captain America 1 was perfectly fine. It suffered a lot from being an origin story which everyone is sick to death of, but it was competent and entertaining. It didn't make me regret seeing it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »

Congratulations on your boob candy!

Thanks!

I am happy.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Yo, imma make some industrial grade, bullshit, pancake syrup at a factory in Maple, NY.

Now accepting investors. 100% Maple Syrup. We'll make the bottles look all artisanal and shit.

you can't actually straight lie like that though

bourbon still has to be at least 50% corn mash and aged in oak for at least 4 years

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    gh6zjF0.jpg

In defense of nerds, those things are very scary.

I don't even know what the other categories were

But I'm fairly confident when I say that those are the only two I would be any good at

Particularly when I was a teenager!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I had shawarma today...

i'm still gettin flavorful burps.

i had halal street meat

mmm

poo
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Make sure to have seasonal special editions with flavours including:
    Popcorn
    Cupcakes
    Traditional lemonade
    Spam
    Cottage cheese
    Placebo

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    I mostly have no use for the Marvel films BUT

vari

what's all this : (

• Options
    oh

"maple" syrup

i get it

haha good one synd

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    bulleit rye is delicious can confirm

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Captain America 1 was perfectly fine. It suffered a lot from being an origin story which everyone is sick to death of, but it was competent and entertaining. It didn't make me regret seeing it.

Plus

dem abs

• Options
    I had shawarma today...

i'm still gettin flavorful burps.

i had halal street meat

mmm

they make meat out of streets now?

What an age we live in.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Lawrenceburg, Indiana (not to be confused with bourbon-locale Lawrenceburg, Kentucky) is home to a massive brick complex that cranks out mega-industrial quantities of beverage-grade alcohol. The factory, once a Seagram distillery, has changed hands over the decades and was most recently acquired by food-ingredient corporation MGP. It is now a one-stop shop for marketers who want to bottle their own brands of spirits without having to distill the product themselves. MGP sells them bulk vodka and gin, as well as a large selection of whiskies, including bourbons of varying recipes, wheat whiskey, corn whiskey, and rye. (They also make “food grade industrial alcohol” used in everything from solvents and antiseptics to fungicides.) Their products are well-made, but hardly what one thinks of as artisanal. And yet, much of the whiskey now being sold as the hand-crafted product of micro-distilleries actually comes from this one Indiana factory.

fuck this stupid earth

flips table

Deebaser‌
    "Casual Eddy"‌
    syndalis‌
    Podly‌

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/your-craft-whiskey-is-probably-from-a-factory-distillery-in-indiana.html

I mean. Did people not read labels? "Bottled in X" is not the same as "Bottled and distilled in X".

I'll admit Templeton is p bad about pretending they're something they're not.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's inferior just because it's only a bottling. For instance, whistle pig started growing their own rye and building their own distillery, but wanted to get selling right away so bought up various distilled canadian straight ryes and blending them to a product they found to meet their standards.

Lawrenceburg, Indiana.
    Im not even mad. That's genius.

Is there a list of brands guilty of doing this?

I am buying some rye tonight and I think I may have dodged a Bulleit by hearing about this beforehand.

*shrug*
    I dont really like rye.

• Options
    we watched thor 2 again last night (me, sarah, sig, and steve)

it was p good the second time!

also the part where thor keeps hopping between dimensions and his poor hammer is trying to get to him

so adorbs

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

My absolute favorite part of that article is that apparently the whiskey wasn't even bullshit! It was reasonably good! That's how all these places could get away with it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.