As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Solium Infernum - Epic play by email Hex 'em up, from Hell! Game over.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I also went Goatface.

Awkward.

Goatface is awesome!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    You both wore Goat face to my inevitable coronation? How embarrassing.

I guess you'll just have to kill each other.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »

Beastmen of Khorne stick together, bro.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

I saw in that RPS write-up that there was an actual Throne of Skulls artifact, and I was pleased.

• Options
    Farangu wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

I saw in that RPS write-up that there was an actual Throne of Skulls artifact, and I was pleased.

Yeah, the game itself is a little dry, but the flavor appears to be delicious and assuming we are all on the same page, let's just go ahead and be horrible jerks to each other in-thread. :P

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    My infernal form has been manifested and submitted to the inexorably turning gears of the host's dark machine.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    Okay, so:

Kaorti and Jam Warrior made it easy.

I'm Quattror.

Who are the other 3 lords?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    I'm Asshole Prime.

What can I say? I figured a bit of honesty would be refreshing down here.

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    Are we still bound by the glorious edict if we're in-character and literally at each other's throats?

• Options
    So the game file goes in the "multiplayersaves/PA1 folder, yes?

• Options
    So the game file goes in the "multiplayersaves/PA1 folder, yes?

Yeah. Then you send back your .trn file, I think.

Also if you guys cut my legion off from the Wheel thingy I am going to be hella mad.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    I'm Gudanion.

Hey. Hey, Horseman.

You are very close to me. Let's be budz k bye

• Options
    kaorti wrote: »
    Are we still bound by the glorious edict if we're in-character and literally at each other's throats?

Well, I won't report you if you refer to my Avatar's actual name.

• Options
    I'm Gudanion.

Hey. Hey, Horseman.

You are very close to me. Let's be budz k bye

We are well-matched. Well-matched enough that we need to live peacefully for a while.

• Options
    Also, anyone feel like making the map composite for watchers-on?

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Maaan. I only have to pick two things to do, this shouldn't be this hard!

Nicely isolated by some tasty places of power.

That would kick my ass if I tried to take them...

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Do you get message logs when people buy shiz at the market or do I have to pay attention?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I think it'll say which items were bought, but I don't think it'll tell you who bought what.

• Options
    I think it'll say which items were bought, but I don't think it'll tell you who bought what.

It only says legions. Because, well, you can just look around and see who's got a new army.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    This took far too much effort. Sleep now!

MapCompleteSmallNames_zps6035048a.jpg

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Man I didn't notice there's only one bridge over the E-W river. That's rough.

Also, for observers, Auralynx's starting Legion is scary. Lvl 4, 9 HP, 10R/3M/3I with a trait that gives them an extra 1d4 to Ranged damage. Guh.

• Options
    Man I didn't notice there's only one bridge over the E-W river. That's rough.

Also, for observers, Auralynx's starting Legion is scary. Lvl 4, 9 HP, 10R/3M/3I with a trait that gives them an extra 1d4 to Ranged damage. Guh.

Behold the power of Sloth!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Black Lighting with a 10 Ranged? Disgusting.

• Options
    Black Lighting with a 10 Ranged? Disgusting.

Yeah, like that's gonna last.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    So, here's the skinny, potential viewers(Are there any? I swear so far it's just been us devils in here):
    That Ferris-looking PoP, EXACTLY between Horseman and Auralynx? Fucking goldmine. Easy to knock over - 1/3/3 with 6 HP - yet it not only gives a Prestige every turn, it also gives +1 Deceit. The attribute that lets you cast rituals to steal other people's stuff. There's gonna be some contention over who gets to keep that one.

Jam, Kaorti and Cap all have a PoP right next to them, but those are all beefy fortresses, and it's up in the air if any of them can be taken without some kind of back-up.

This map design has...been kinder to some then others. Kaort gets three natural chokepoints for his stronghold, and I am literally cannot expand to the East.

• Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Readin'!

• Options
    If someone wants to list unit stats I can add them to the map and re-post it.

• Options
    Blood of Quattror (Auralynx): 10 ranged, 3 melee, 3 infernal, Black Lightning (+1d4 Ranged damage), 9 hp, level 4.
    Chosen of Horseman (TheOtherHorseman): 6 ranged, 3 melee, 4 infernal, Fierce (+1d4 Melee damage), 7 hp, level 4
    Slaves of Gudanion (Farangu): Ranged 3, Melee 5, Infernal 5, Flame Aura (+1d4 Infernal damage), 8 hp, level 2
    Disciples of Kaorti: Ranged 5, Melee 3, Infernal 2, 7 hp, level 2
    Disciples of A-hole Prime (Capfalcon): Ranged 3, Melee 1, Infernal 11, Black Lighting, 8 Hp, level 3
    Slaves of Jam Warrior: Ranged 1, Melee 4, Infernal 6, Black Lighting, 7 HP, level 2

I really did win the starting unit lottery, though those Slaves of Gudanion will be pretty decent with levels iirc.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks-

Trimmed what I could for space. I figured anyone who knows what the numbers mean will know the skills, or get all the info at the same time.

PASI-g01t01.jpg
    I think I should get something with serifs for the I's.

Also - leaving town as I mentioned, so if someone wants the layered PDF for their purposes, let me know at g mail dot com and I can email you the file.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Man it's been awhile since I've played. This is a good map!

If Horse is lucky with the early game turn order shakedown, he can win a race vs Jam for that mid PoP. If he's unlucky, he can win the race vs. Aura but then have to wrestle a monster to keep it. If he's really unlucky, he can't get either :expressionless:

Quattraura has a killer unit and a good defensive position. He's a bird, he's tall, he's pretty, he gets what he wants.

CapAhole is looking at two very attainable PoP's pretty quickly with that 11 Inferno, though without knowing the numbers on 'em it's still a safe bet to say he'll need to heal between.

Jam, Kaorti, and FaranGudan look like they will all stake out claims and build up towards capping their close PoPs. I expect them to go shopping and claim turf.

I'd say CapAhole looks to be in the best position for the long game, but Quattraura could challenge him and easily even up or better.
    Horse is in the most interesting and also most difficult position.

Dying to know what everyone's traits are :)

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    I look forward to when the bidding starts on the flying legions, if it hasn't already.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Just a thought - would a larger map with more PoP's lead to less swingy setups? This isn't too bad, but I've seen some maps that can give a lot of favor.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Oooo! Sorry I missed this. Had one PBEM game 4 years ago and could never find an interested group since.

• Options
    Just a thought - would a larger map with more PoP's lead to less swingy setups? This isn't too bad, but I've seen some maps that can give a lot of favor.

This seems very tight for 6 players, but that may end up being okay.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    It's on us to balance things out through canny play and shifting alliances. Hell isn't fair. It's never. ever. fair.

Also, three choke points? More like completely boxed in. The only good thing about my isolated position is that Auralynx can't get at me.

Seeing those legion stats, I'm really curious as to what Horseman, Gudanion and Quattror did for their builds. That's a serious number of legion points they're throwing around.

• Options
    Report from turn 2: things are already interesting. I think there are going to be some very ruffled feathers once people see the map.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Just had time to process the changes, do the emails and give the turn 2 layout the briefest scan before running out to work.

One turn in and I already want a do over. Just keep telling yourself it's a learning game and you weren't expecting do anything other than get rolled.

I'm keeping a log of my thoughts of newbie while playing the game. I'll endeavor to make it contain things other than swearing.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm assuming from the wording that my Black Lightning power only kicks in if I'm already winning the ranged round?

Which with my ranged value of 1 is greeeeeeat.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm assuming from the wording that my Black Lightning power only kicks in if I'm already winning the ranged round?

Correct. Black Lightning, Fierce, and Flame Aurea kick in to give a bonus 1d4 to damage if you win that combat round. Black lightning with a ranged of 1 is pretty damn rotten against everyone except folks with Ranged 0 until you buff that unit's ranged stat with items, praetors, and the like

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options

I know. I felt like the game was mocking me when I saw that on mine.

Which, you know, it may very well be doing just that.