Options

[Steam] Thread: Holy cow this 2K sale is the real deal

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Copy of Terraria for anyone who wants it;

Loading...?

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Anyone want codes for CKII or Van Helsing. I have both already.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I think van helsing had a console release too?

Console release does not necessarily mean controller support on PC <side-eyes at Mass Effect series>

(I know "it's better with KBAM" but damnit, my couch is way more comfortable with the big TV and the fact that controller support was removed just irks me)

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    signature.png

The winner of the Mass Effect "Collection" is @JasonFour.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to add you as a friend right now. Try adding me and I'll send it over.

Quoting to fix the @ ...

@JaysonFour‌

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Humble Jumbo Bundle 2

Tier 1:
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete Pack
    Deadlight
    Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition

BTA:
    Terraria
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition
    Crusader Kings II + 3 DLC Unit Packs

Pay $15 for:
    Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

I'm not very good at, and don't play fighters very often, but I definitely have a soft spot for them. $5 KoF13 is temping

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Thank you @Isorn for minecraft halo aka Murder Miners. Looks like fun! <3

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    So now it's had time to shake out a bit, does Consortium hold up to its early promise? The conceit of how the player controls a character sounded...interesting, but does the game carry itself?

ETA: Lighting the Drake beacon

It does. I did a nearly complete run when it came out. I held off on completing it because there were technical issues with some of the endings that I didn't want to run into. It's a pretty stunning first person adventure game. If you go with the shooty approach don't expect a great shooter, but then there isn't a whole lot of that going on.

I'd say it's worth it for the bundle price just to experience the amazing conversation system. It makes Mass Effect look like a Weeble set in that regard.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    @an_alt - Sent you an invite.

Guess it's time to rebuild my favorite FemShep to kick more geth ass... like I needed a reason to play ME again...

Also, thanks to @Burnage for that Terraria code! I think I was the only person here who didn't have a copy... I'll have to check it out sometime!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    rikdaly‌, provided it handles like the demo does, the Van Helsing controller controls are good. Also, at least within the demo there was plenty of humor and some simple sidequests to go along with all the monster killing, and all the monsters have Eastern European names to add to the flavor. It's like Torchlight but with more snark, great graphics (for an ARPG) and abundant action.

Which is why I'd feel bad only paying a buck for it. ;)

it's downloading now so I'll see what it's like soon :) my favourite ARPG is probably Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 so if it plays anything like that I'll be really happy

I just played an hour of Betrayer, so far I've only seen a few enemies but that game seems to really know how to make me feel unsettled! I think I'm going to like it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Bought the full Humble Bundle Jumbo. Age of Empires Legacy was too tempting.

Also, did not realize Van Helsing was twenty gigs. Maybe I'll download it when I upgrade my rig within these next few weeks.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    that damn @isorn, who is know for being classy as fuck, just hit me with Galactic Civ 2 and Deadlight out of nowhere. <3<3

• Options
    edited August 2014

Also, did not realize Van Helsing was twenty gigs. Maybe I'll download it when I upgrade my rig within these next few weeks.

@Heartfinder Van Helsing is only downloading 8.4 GB, it should be finished in a few minutes so I'll let you know the size of the folder when it's done

edit: the folder ends up as 19.2 GB

rikdaly on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »

@Heartfinder Van Helsing is only downloading 8.4 GB, it should be finished in a few minutes so I'll let you know the size of the folder when it's done

edit: the folder ends up as 19.2 GB

Probably due to being the complete pack vs the standard version.

• Options
    Yep, the HBJ lists it as complete. Still though, I'm almost out of space right now and it's still twenty gigs no matter how it's packed for downloading.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Rico's Roughnecks! Hoo-ah!

Man... I really wish the Starship Troopers fps was worth a damn.

Starship Troopers feels like it was just made for a co-op horde mode shooter. You get a bunch of troopers together, and you shoot bugs. Then you get drunk with the rest of your mobile infantry buddies and shoot deathstares across the bar at fleet because they do the flying while you do the dying.

You do it in something like the Serious Engine that is good at rendering large environments with tons of enemies effectively, and you only have to model like five or six enemy types based on what we saw in the movies. Have people play as dropship pilots, you drop players into open areas for exploration missions (maybe even in the walker armor from the books/later movies), have them delve into tunnels for search and destroy missions, or have them bunker up in bases for defense missions. Include different classes, loadouts, and the Klendathu Drop theme and a bada bing a bada boom you've got my money.

There have been a bunch of Half Life 2 Starship Troopers mods, but as far as I know they've all been abandoned, which makes me SadStacks.
    rikdaly‌, provided it handles like the demo does, the Van Helsing controller controls are good. Also, at least within the demo there was plenty of humor and some simple sidequests to go along with all the monster killing, and all the monsters have Eastern European names to add to the flavor. It's like Torchlight but with more snark, great graphics (for an ARPG) and abundant action.

So pay more than a buck
    Or pay a buck and donate donate fourteen dollars to Child's Play
    Jesus man do I have to live your life for you

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

Heartfinder Van Helsing is only downloading 8.4 GB.....

I feel old.

Shade on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Rico's Roughnecks! Hoo-ah!

Man... I really wish the Starship Troopers fps was worth a damn.

Starship Troopers feels like it was just made for a co-op horde mode shooter. You get a bunch of troopers together, and you shoot bugs. Then you get drunk with the rest of your mobile infantry buddies and shoot deathstares across the bar at fleet because they do the flying while you do the dying.

You do it in something like the Serious Engine that is good at rendering large environments with tons of enemies effectively, and you only have to model like five or six enemy types based on what we saw in the movies. Have people play as dropship pilots, you drop players into open areas for exploration missions (maybe even in the walker armor from the books/later movies), have them delve into tunnels for search and destroy missions, or have them bunker up in bases for defense missions. Include different classes, loadouts, and the Klendathu Drop theme and a bada bing a bada boom you've got my money.

There have been a bunch of Half Life 2 Starship Troopers mods, but as far as I know they've all been abandoned, which makes me SadStacks.

So pay more than a buck
    Or pay a buck and donate donate fourteen dollars to Child's Play
    Jesus man do I have to live your life for you
    I personally have $1.21 to my name. Giving any more, regardless of amount, will require talking my wife into it. ;)

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Is there any way to turn off the new font smoothing/Cleartype in the updated client? It's off in Windows. I turned off Direct Write in the Steam options, which fixed the dropdown menus, but everything in the main window is still blurry.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Shade wrote: »

I feel old.
    That's 85 zip disks.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Shade wrote: »

I feel old.
    That's 85 zip disks.

Man, zip disks are huge! They're, like, the future of all technology!

:neutral_face:

</late_90s_viewpoint>

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Don't make me break out my collection of 720k 5.25" floppy disks...

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I remember leaving the computer on all night, connected tenuously to the internet by my smoking hot 56k modem so I could download the Quake demo, which was a whopping 20Mb file. Imagine my sorrow when I found out the connection had dropped and I had to start over again. This is what led me to learn of Getright.

Dark times.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Dude, this computer has ten megabytes of space! Ten! I can put everything I have on it!

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    The fiendishly classy @Corsini noticed that Deadlight was on my wishlist and made sure that the wish was granted! Cheers to you and many thanks you classy person you.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    It probably shouldn't bug me, but it kind of bugs me they've got the metro games on sale a week before the 'redux' versions come out.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    well of course I know 8.4GB is a lot but it is less than half the 20GB mentioned, even if the game did end up taking up nearly 20 anyway

I think it's fairly safe to say most of us here are pretty old, I'm 34 soon and I'd say that's pretty average here

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    I remember leaving the computer on all night, connected tenuously to the internet by my smoking hot 56k modem so I could download the Quake demo, which was a whopping 20Mb file. Imagine my sorrow when I found out the connection had dropped and I had to start over again. This is what led me to learn of Getright.

Dark times.

Holy shit, Getright. Now that brings back memories!

Simultaneous split downloads!

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Ah memories. One of my birthday presents was going from 8MB to 16MB of RAM. Yes, megabytes. Good times. That computer would be a surprisingly good DOSBox machine if I could ever find it.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular

Dark times.

I would just buy the issue of PC Gamer with the disk.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Ah memories. One of my birthday presents was going from 8MB to 16MB of RAM. Yes, megabytes. Good times. That computer would be a surprisingly good DOSBox machine if I could ever find it.

I remember stuffing 8 250k sticks of ram into my 486. 2MB baby!

• Options

Dark times.

I would just buy the issue of PC Gamer with the disk.

That shit sold out so fast in my tiny rural town in Alabama where I lived off a red clay dirt road and I had no shoes and there were cows in the front yard. But I had internet goddamnit. Kinda.

I remember actually finding a copy on the back of a shelf in a drug store. The plastic had been ripped open and the disk had been stolen.

Steam and broadband internet is the sweet fucking Land of Milk and Honey.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    now processors have more L3 cache than the entire system ram of my then-bleeding-edge 486 man. a tiny fingernail-sized microsd card can now be 256x larger than that big 5.25" hard drive it had. what the fuck is a 14.4k modem can you send telegraphs with that. technology be cray.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Man, back in my day, my games came on cassettes, none of your high tech disk nonsense!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Man, back in my day, my games came on cassettes, none of your high tech disk nonsense!

Games? Son, I didn't have games. I had cartridges. I even had cartridges that plugged into other cartridges.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I used to play with bottle caps.

Also dirt.

Played with a lot of dirt, I did.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Dark times.
    For me it was the trailer for Star Wars Episode I.
    My 486 was the PC I've upgraded the most, I think. Supplemented its 80MB hard drive with a 426MB one (a weird number, but it sticks in the mind. More than big enough for everything, too), took the CPU from a 486SX 25MHz to a 486DX2 66MHz (holy fuck did that supercharge it), bunged a CD-ROM drive in it (dual-speed, baby!) and went from 4MB to 8MB RAM (which took Wing Commander III's loading times from five minutes per mission to about fifteen seconds).

I think that computer is still in my mum's attic somewhere. I know the CD drive crapped out but the rest might still work...

'Course, I'd had computers for years before that because I am old, but that 486 was my first PC, as in IBM-compatible. My first computer had 48K of RAM. My second, 128K (although only 96K was user-accessible, IIRC). They both used audio cassette tapes for storage. My third computer had 1MB and a 3.5" floppy drive. That was a whole new world...

...god, I really am old.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    trs80-i.jpg

Also played games on these:
    adam-01.jpg

tek_4051_no1.jpg

Along with various incarnations of the IBM PC and Apple II.
    Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Thanks @BornToHula‌ for Project Root! I love me some shmups!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Spoit wrote: »
    I think van helsing had a console release too?

Console release does not necessarily mean controller support on PC <side-eyes at Mass Effect series>

(I know "it's better with KBAM" but damnit, my couch is way more comfortable with the big TV and the fact that controller support was removed just irks me)

Ugh... I hate that. It's always the same thing. "Why do you want to use a controller? How is it better than KBAM?"

Because couches and TVs. KBAM on your lap is uncomfortable as fuck and not pet friendly.

It really sucks when a console port happens but controller support isn't retroactively added to the original PC game.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I do remember buying Starflight around 1987 or so and marveling that the game was so big it came on something like 5 or 6 floppy disks.
    Basil wrote: »
    I used to play with bottle caps.

Also dirt.

Played with a lot of dirt, I did.

Ate alot of it, too, I'm told.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.