As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread: Holy cow this 2K sale is the real deal

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/23/sekai-project-licenses-clannad-full-voice-edition-steam-release/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

A visual novel called Clannad is hitting the west / Steam. I do not really follow the VN scene very much but from reading around and asking questions it appears this is actually a pretty big get as far as another "Hooray Japanese developers!" Apparently is supremely popular.

Arc Systems Works needs to stop pussyfooting around with their fighting games.

Daisuke Ishiwatsri must make Steam METAL. HE MUST MAKE EVERYTHING METAL!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Geez, Mark of the Ninja ends strong. No wonder it made so many lists. $15 really is underpriced for that game.

steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    4:35 AM - SmokeStacks: Corrigan you own Quake III right?
    4:35 AM - CorriganX: no
    4:35 AM - SmokeStacks: well
    4:35 AM - SmokeStacks: BUY IT
    4:35 AM - CorriganX: yeah let me just go to the magic store with my magic money and buy magic games with my magic wallet

..... Goddamnit. Thanks @Viking for the Quake Collection. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/23/sekai-project-licenses-clannad-full-voice-edition-steam-release/?utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=twitter&amp;utm_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

A visual novel called Clannad is hitting the west / Steam. I do not really follow the VN scene very much but from reading around and asking questions it appears this is actually a pretty big get as far as another "Hooray Japanese developers!" Apparently is supremely popular.

God! I love his music! But why does a lot of his tracks sound so artificial?

Speaking of ASW, they should totally bring Chrono Phantasm to PC!
    I want to destroy people with my somewhat passable skills with Jin Kisaragi, or play (lousily) around with the incredibly fun, but insane and blood-thirsty Hazama.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    Geez, Mark of the Ninja ends strong. No wonder it made so many lists. $15 really is underpriced for that game.

Now go back and kill everyone with a different armor.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    too bad I already have all the 2k games that I want

oh well

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Damn it. Decided that Firaxis had earned my trust, and was going to order Beyond Earth. They've added the damn regional pricing back in. I thought we were done with this bullshit, 2K. I thought we were good again.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Damn it. Decided that Firaxis had earned my trust, and was going to order Beyond Earth. They've added the damn regional pricing back in. I thought we were done with this bullshit, 2K. I thought we were good again.

I lately just get 2K games on Nuuvem, since they have equivalent USian price, meaning about a 34% discount on my regional price even outside of sales.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Clannad is coming to steam? I wonder if my heart can take it. That story is an emotional rollercoaster.

The first season of the adaption was emotional, but the second season put me in tears like no piece of fiction has ever done before or has ever done since.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Anyone try Five Nights at Freddy's yet? If so, how is it?

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    too bad I already have all the 2k games that I want

oh well

Steam World Problems?

• emutheelfemutheelf Dr. Wankenstein Registered User regular
    Sagroth wrote: »

I gave it all of 6 minutes so keep that in mind but it seemed worth the $4.99 I spent. Don't know how much staying power it will have but I think it would be something I'd fire up every so often for the atmosphere it creates. Those animatronic bastards gave me the creeps, but it didn't seem omgimshittingmyself creepy like, say, Outlast or Amnesia. You pretty much flick through cameras (which are accessed via a little pop-up map) and you have direct control over the lights in the two hallways leading to the room you're in as well as the doors leading into the room. Everything you do eats away at your power level, the camera usage seemed the most draining. You get an introduction phone call that tells you about that and that the animatronic robots tend to move around at night and you shouldn't let them catch you. Definitely worth a fiver and I look forward to playing it more.

Current Game Rotation: Life is Strange, Super Mario Odyssey, Spelunky
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    emutheelf wrote: »

I gave it all of 6 minutes so keep that in mind but it seemed worth the $4.99 I spent. Don't know how much staying power it will have but I think it would be something I'd fire up every so often for the atmosphere it creates. Those animatronic bastards gave me the creeps, but it didn't seem omgimshittingmyself creepy like, say, Outlast or Amnesia. You pretty much flick through cameras (which are accessed via a little pop-up map) and you have direct control over the lights in the two hallways leading to the room you're in as well as the doors leading into the room. Everything you do eats away at your power level, the camera usage seemed the most draining. You get an introduction phone call that tells you about that and that the animatronic robots tend to move around at night and you shouldn't let them catch you. Definitely worth a fiver and I look forward to playing it more.

Went ahead and nabbed me a copy. Its page says it is Oculus Rift compatible? If so, the reaction video from my wife alone will be more than worth the cost.

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    I just came back from a weekend trip with the family to find this waiting for me when I logged into Steam:
    mXi8Uel.png
    A game where I can just run around punching things? This sounds like fun. Thank you so much, @Maguano!

speaking of oculous rift, has any one else seen the demo video for the guy using a rift and hydra to play it?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-RehCTRrWM0

Half-Life 3 delayed indefinitely until they figure out all the awesome ways to make Rift/Hydra support for it.

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

Now go back and kill everyone with a different armor.

I was thinking of trying New Game Plus as ghostly as possible.

steam_sig.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Having all kinds of fun right now in Dishonored. Still just in the first assassination mission, but exploring the world and finding stuff, moving around vantage points with blink. Yeah, it's hitting all the right buttons.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what prompted this, but thank you so much to @DaringDirk for Detective Grimoire! I'm looking forward to getting my Harriet the Spy on and solving some mysteries!
    EpKHI9y.png

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Drascin wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    Oh man Clannad. I've watched the anime that was based on the VN.

It uh... they certainly like to earn their endings. Emotionally.

I actually rather liked the anime. I admit to crying like a little boy with the Fuko thing.

That said, I mostly meant the first season. I tend to act as if the second season doesn't exist because I have a certain dislike for characters acting like complete idiots for the sake of drama.
    Oh, I'm not saying it wasn't good, but they do put you through the wringer. Doubly so in the movie. All the low points with none of the highs.

So yeah, I'm probably going to avoid the VN.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    speaking of oculous rift, has any one else seen the demo video for the guy using a rift and hydra to play it?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-RehCTRrWM0

damn, I was just in the pub talking to a couple of friends about how exciting oculus rift is going to be and this video would have shown them everything I needed to say. I mainly spoke about how excited I am for the rift in driving games but the rift and hydra combination just makes so much sense. We are seriously living in the future and it's amazing

steam_sig.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

Went ahead and nabbed me a copy. Its page says it is Oculus Rift compatible? If so, the reaction video from my wife alone will be more than worth the cost.

Crap now I think I'll need to grab it. Haven't had the rift hooked up for awhile but this might be worth it.

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    All this talk about Clannad is very confusing to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX9zBdhfIsI

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So, Blackguards?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So, Blackguards?

Fantastic game.

Was that the question?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So, Blackguards?

Fantastic game.

Was that the question?

I think the question was meant to be "is it worth 13.50?"; because it's on a daily sale. For 66% off.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So, Blackguards?

Fantastic game.

Was that the question?

More or less. It has good user reviews, but middling 'professional' reviews, so I just wanted to get a feel from steam threaders if it was a fun game.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Oh man, Invisble Inc. is so fucking good.

Klei 4 lyfe

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Fable Anniversary looks nice, but damn 35 bucks?

Steam: offday
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular

If it gets one jump scare out of @CorriganX then it was well worth the price.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Anyone have all three Deponia games? Apparently the trilogy thing is 90 percent off if you do (4 bucks). I only own two so I would probably pay 4 bucks for that last game, if anyone can help me out.

Anyone have all three Deponia games? Apparently the trilogy thing is 90 percent off if you do (4 bucks). I only own two so I would probably pay 4 bucks for that last game, if anyone can help me out.

Don't buy the last, I've heard ill things about it. Big warning flag, what color person do you sell into slavery?

Invisible Inc. looks great from the screens. Time to hunt down a video.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

Don't buy the last, I've heard ill things about it. Big warning flag, what color person do you sell into slavery?

But what you do with the baby dolphins in the second game didn't tip it for ya?

That aside, the ending is also shit. (tagging as a spoiler for liability but not really a spoiler)
    The developers pulled a "we don't want to work on Deponia games anymore" ending(possibly because they were annoyed that Deponia kept stealing the spotlight from all of their other projects), and you know what happens with a game that the developers really don't want to continue anymore.

Donnicton on
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

Into slavery as an organ grinders monkey, don't forget that bit. Oh, and guess what gender they are.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/23/sekai-project-licenses-clannad-full-voice-edition-steam-release/?utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=twitter&amp;utm_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

God! I love his music! But why does a lot of his tracks sound so artificial?

I know why: the drummer. Daisuke did not use a live drummer until Guilty Gear XX. Also, BlazBlue did not get a live drummer until Chronophantasma. Listen to a GGX song compared to the GGX2 counterpart to really notice the difference.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    uh oh, I played a dota and i think I liked it /katyperry

Just done the tutorials and training stuff so far and, click to move aside, it's pretty neat actually! I'll get back to you when I play my first online match and have my soul crushed.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I worked out the kinks, so Beatrice is now set up to run HL2DM and Insurgency servers.

Sometime in the next few days I'm going to see about getting Just Cause 2 multiplayer added.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So, Blackguards?

Fantastic game.

Was that the question?

More or less. It has good user reviews, but middling 'professional' reviews, so I just wanted to get a feel from steam threaders if it was a fun game.

Amusingly grimdarkian narrative mixed with a pretty bog standard tactical combat system that looks an awful lot like ye olde might and magic or ye new kings bounty, only without unit counts.

There are some totally rad encounters and some that will have you begging for the sweet release of death, (Endless horde of cave bugs I am looking squarely at you, you were awful and should have never auditioned for a part.) but as long as you backtrack now and then to check out gear you missed from earlier vendors, you should be able to handle most of what comes your way without succumbing to the urge to consume a stray animal alive.

There is some jank in the game that $.pro reviewers tended to get stuck on, no doubt, but by and large the ratio of fun to eviscerated prairie dogs was positive in my experience.
    uh oh, I played a dota and i think I liked it /katyperry

Just done the tutorials and training stuff so far and, click to move aside, it's pretty neat actually! I'll get back to you when I play my first online match and have my soul crushed.

The important thing, the really important thing, is that thanks to the wonders of match making, you will probably be just as bad as all the other guys in the match. No matter their claims to the contrary. You're all wallowing in incompetence together on the spaceship Earf, and that's totally okay. Enjoy! Try some bot matches.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Unless it's backed by Bethesda (or a similar source of $$$), reviewers really do tend to get caught up on little janks. Especially eurojank

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.