As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

College Football 2015: FSU Stung, Utah In Serious Trouble

19495969798100»

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's much worse to lose due to late shenanigans (especially this particular example, yeesh) than to just get smashed or upset

is there a vine somewhere of harbaugh's reaction? I didn't see it on TV but I assume it was amazing

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    in other news

suck it washington

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    All things considered he was pretty calm.

Bonus annoyance: Michigan's off next week, so we all get that as a lasting image for two weeks.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    I felt so awkward re-watching the Michigan crowd celebrate the punter after that impressive 80-yarder. It reminded me of Mike Birbiglia:

"I know, I'm in the future also."

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
    He was like the second biggest reason we were ahead in that game. State kind of dominated statistically, but our specials teams were great... until then.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I think the only reason Oregon's clock management didn't lose them the game was that Washington's was worse.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    My wife and I were at West Point on Saturday, watching Army beat Bucknell 21-14. Here's Army's winning touchdown, a great pass and catch from AJ Schurr to Edgar Poe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbM40_m6V70&feature=youtu.be

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I think the only reason Oregon's clock management didn't lose them the game was that Washington's was worse.

Living in Cougar country today has been.... unpleasant.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Go Cougs

:)

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Go Cougs

When they stomped Oregon I was very happy :)

I'm just glad it's Fall Break and I do not have to leave my house until Wednesday.

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    I'm just glad it's Fall Break and I do not have to leave my house until Wednesday.

My office is full of buckeyes and spartans. I did my level best to avoid everyone today.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Go Cougs

Needing a last seond score to tie and then squeaking out a double OT win?

We must have a different definition of stomped.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    WEEK 8 - WE CAME, WE SAW, WE WEPT

Straight Up (spread in parenthesis courtesy of ESPN)
    Kansas State @ Texas (-4.5) - Welcome to 2015, where nothing has made sense. The Wizard is showing signs of mortality, especially after a week where Bob Stoops committed what can only be described as a hate crime against the elderly. Texas is coming off a bye, but the week prior might have been the most important win in Charlie Strong's Texas career. The Texas defense is really good, which should go well against a Kansas State offense trotting out their 7th string starter.

#23 Duke @ Virginia Tech (-2.5) - Again, this year is crazy. We're ranking Duke because they only have one loss, and yet they're technically at even on the road against a bad Virginia Tech team. Looking at the schedule, it wouldn't be crazy for them to run the table heading into a blowout loss in the ACC Title Game, as their toughest matchup is FUCKING PITT. Also, this game is something of a must-win for Virginia Tech and Frank Beamer - a loss and they'll have to be rather perfect down the stretch to get to a bowl game.

Washington State @ Arizona (-7.5) - Look, I don't know either. There will be lots of points in this game, because I don't trust either team to play actual defense. This is also an interesting game for two schools fighting in the Pac-12 pecking order; both schools are almost guaranteed a few more losses (Stanford and UCLA for Wazzu, Utah and USC for Arizona) so this game could have some later bowl implications. Wazzu could really use this game, as their home stretch only features one opponent (Colorado) that I'd feel comfortable taking them against.

#15 Texas A&M @ #24 Ole Miss (-6) - Remember when Ole Miss charged up the polls to a top 5 spot after upsetting Alabama in Tuscaloosa? They're suddenly one loss away from being outside the top 25 again. Meanwhile, A&M revealed itself to be "not as good as their record would indicate" by allowing Alabama to have 2 quarterbacks playing for them, which seems rather unfair. This game is still important in the SEC West, though; a loss would virtually eliminate the loser from winning the division, while a win would keep division hopes alive, as both teams still have to play LSU, and Ole Miss already owns a tiebreaker over Alabama.

#3 Utah @ USC (-3.5) - This....should be good. It probably says a lot about Utah's blessed season that oddsmakers believe USC is the favorite here, and after watching Utah need an implosion from ASU down the stretch to win last week, I tend to agree. It's not that Utah isn't a good team; it's that USC is still the most talented team in the conference, and after watching them go on the road and hang tough with an exceptional Notre Dame team a week after losing their coach, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest for USC to win this. Hell, they could blow out Utah and I wouldn't be shocked.

Against the Spread (spread in parenthesis courtesy of ESPN)
    #6 Clemson (-6.5) @ Miami - I suddenly don't know about Clemson. Their win over Notre Dame was impressive in a "well you managed not to screw up at the end" way, and allowing an offensive outburst by Boston College isn't the best thing they could have done. Still, they don't have Al Golden as their head coach, so I wouldn't worry too much about this game.

Tennessee @ #8 Alabama (-15.5) - Tennessee finally got the late-game monkey off their back in a win over Georgia last week, which is good because look who they get to play next. Tennessee is probably closer to Alabama's talent level then Alabama fans would care to admit, but they're probably not there yet, and Saban already has his one loss on the year, so he's officially in murder-machine mode until the LSU game. This being the Third Saturday in October means anything is technically possible, but again, murder-machine mode has been activated.

Indiana @ #7 Michigan State (-16.5) - Michigan State managed to.....actually I can't do this. Michigan had that win and they gift-wrapped it back to Michigan State and this is exactly how Michigan State goes undefeated and loses to an also-undefeated Iowa in the B1G Title Game at which point Iowa wins a 6-4 snoozefest over Baylor or something in the National Championship game excuse me while I shuffle out of this mortal coil I call a body. Also Indiana is here.

Texas Tech @ #17 Oklahoma (-14.5) - Oklahoma rebounded pretty well from their still-inexplicable loss to Texas by beating up an old man, and now they get to face Ryan Gosling. Texas Tech can score a football, but they have a suspect defense, which is all Oklahoma really needs at this point.

GAME OF THE CENTURY OF THE WEEK (spread in parenthesis courtesy of ESPN) (AGAINST THE SPREAD)
    Western Kentucky @ #5 LSU (-17)(AGAINST THE SPREAD) - Look, this week is pretty rough, so we went with this game for a couple reasons. One, we wanted to honor Leonard Fournette for winning the Heisman already, and two, we wanted to highlight Western Kentucky, a team that's 6-1 already on the year including a win at Vanderbilt and a 3-point loss on the road to Indiana. The Hilltoppers are a solid team that should waltz into a late-season matchup with Marshall undefeated in C-USA and looking to take the division outright. Good for the Hilltoppers. Leonard Fournette is proud of you and will only disintegrate 3 of your linebackers out of respect.

Enter your choices here: http://goo.gl/forms/SF2mQUuhg1

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Go Cougs

Needing a last seond score to tie and then squeaking out a double OT win?

We must have a different definition of stomped.

Oregon losing to the Cougs is something... stomped just came out because it was the Cougs.

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    In other " Really, huh brah!?" news, looks like a former Michigan Head coach has "opinions"

deadspin.com/brady-hoke-who-made-bad-decisions-questions-jim-harba-1737880559

So, I guess Bum is gonna take a drive and smack him.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It could be argued that the playcalling in that last series was really suspect.

That being said, shut up, Hoke.

Um, no the playcalling was extremely standard and got Michigan to a 99.8% chance to win. Got the ball with like 1:45 left and MSU had 1 timeout. You run it down to 10 seconds and punt, like every time. MAAAAAAAYBE call a bootleg on 3rd down with no pass option. But no, I was fine with it.

And Hoke would have been down 4 TDs and put 10 guys out on the play, so he can shut the fuck up. Also, go call timeout to allow the opposition to attempt an end of half hail mary, asshole.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    It could be argued that the playcalling in that last series was really suspect.

That being said, shut up, Hoke.

yeah he can shut up a lot of times

in a row

quiet forever plz

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    That's right! You go for it on fourth and short at midfield!

60 yard field goal!

'Sober as Sarkesian'

Stay classy, sign people.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Good lord its raining in Michigan state.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was puttering along at 1/4 thrusters

@enlightenedbum will create the new thread
    @chrisnl is backup

This discussion has been closed.