As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon] Es la hora de ORAS

19495969798100»

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Mega Kingler or Golem, imo

I want Mega Kingler to have an even more unproportionally large claw. Like, the rest of its body is exactly the same as Kingler, but one of its claws is as large as Wailord.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    TDawg
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I only picked those two because they're two of my three shinies I could see getting one.

I also have a shiny Archeops, but I doubt we'll see more mega fossils.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Fire Emblem pokemon
    4a4.jpg
    7bacb282086bc6836cef161e42942093.jpg
    The mashup you want!

Fire emblem already is Pokemon.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I can accept a fairy-eevee because fairy was neither physical nor special, but steel before dragon is preposterous.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Would prefer to see them put out over 100 new pokemon again...but I'm guessing thats never going to happen again.

Goddamn, I loved you so much, Gen V. You were the big beautiful Street Fighter 3 of Pokemon.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    cB557
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Would prefer to see them put out over 100 new pokemon again...but I'm guessing thats never going to happen again.

Goddamn, I loved you so much, Gen V. You were the big beautiful Street Fighter 3 of Pokemon.

Mega Evolutions kinda prevent that from ever happening again, I think.

I agree with you in that Black & White were fantastic because it was entirely new Pokemon, but at this point there are sooo many Pokemon that a lot of them kinda feel "new" because they rarely appear in the games. Like, a regional dex with 100 new Pokemon + 30 new Mega Evolutions + 200 Pokemon from various previous gens would be just fine, in my opinion.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    so I thought the 3DS thread was the Pokemon thread for a bit

Popped X in last night and finally beat the 8th gym. Left off about halfway through Victory Road.

also I got a mew. I've been waiting 19 years for a legit shot at Mew.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    TDawg
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

I can't believe people thought they wouldn't.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Just gimme more megas for weird pokemon. Mega Charizard is cool and all but gimme that mega for a guy I forgot existed. Mega Furret? All over that.

Also more mega pokemon with distinct play styles and strategy goals. Way more fun than "BIG PILE OF STATS GETS BIGGER"

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Dr. Chaosanoffday
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I say get rid of megas wholesale. Some of them were cool, but let it be gen 6's thing and get rid of it going forward like special pokeballs and dream world for generations before it.

I wouldn't mind day vs night form for more pokemon. Grass pokemon hulk out in the day, while other things go into were-form at night. Maybe they are exploring mt.moon stuff again and Kanto is revisited in a modern game. Clefable evolution? clefairy evolution with a sun stone? I think parts of the internet will explode tomorrow depending on what info is tossed out.

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I say get rid of megas wholesale. Some of them were cool, but let it be gen 6's thing and get rid of it going forward like special pokeballs and dream world for generations before it.

I wouldn't mind day vs night form for more pokemon. Grass pokemon hulk out in the day, while other things go into were-form at night. Maybe they are exploring mt.moon stuff again and Kanto is revisited in a modern game. Clefable evolution? clefairy evolution with a sun stone? I think parts of the internet will explode tomorrow depending on what info is tossed out.

I can't imagine a world where they get rid of mega evolution. Besides, it's done so much for competitive battling and especially for making lesser appreciated Pokémon into viable choices. I have beedrill on a legitimate team! Never thought I'd say that.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
    General_ArmchairPolaritieRiokenn
    edited February 2016
    Megas are a lil too huge to put back in the bottle at this point.

Dr. Chaos on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    more mega evos for trash pokemon instead of "Mega Already Had God Stats" pokemon.

Especially Luvdisc. I hate Luvdisc SO MUCH PLEASE GIVE IT A REASON TO EXIST.

YL9WnCY.png
    pirateluigiDr. ChaosPolaritieHexmage-PADarmakBrainleech
    Also someone make a new thread

YL9WnCY.png
    Mega Farfetch'd.

Looks the same. Just has two leek stalks.

Dr. ChaosStormwatcher
    Mega Farfetch'd.

Looks the same. Just has two leek stalks.
    Also he gets one additional point in all stats.

Thats it.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    more mega evos for trash pokemon instead of "Mega Already Had God Stats" pokemon.

Especially Luvdisc. I hate Luvdisc SO MUCH PLEASE GIVE IT A REASON TO EXIST.

Mega Luvdisc, ability: Heart Skin - attaches a heart scale to the opposing pokemon on contact, knocking off previous hold item (if any).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Its an empirical fact that mega pokemon are awesome. Its right there in the name. Mega.

Additionally its a universal truth that dumb crappy pokemon make the best megas.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    TDawg
    Mega Meganium, for redundancy (and also it could use it)

Enigmedic wrote: »
    I say get rid of megas wholesale

Why do you hate something so beautiful?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Polaritie wrote: »

See also: Mega Yanmega (or Mega Megayanma, to use its Japanese name).

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I'd be pretty upset if they got rid of Mega evolutions, I think they've been a net Positive to the game, even if some are overcentralizing.

I do hope that the window for a Pokemon to get multiple megas remains open. Not because I think, say, Charizard needs another, but it would be cool to see a few other Pokemon get multiple- like maybe an alternate Mega Garchomp, or alternate Mega Audino. Help certain Pokemon adapt to a changing metagame.

I also wouldn't mind if GameFreak was more willing to be a bit revisionist with older Pokemon- Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon could still do with some Base Stat increases and better Abilities.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    Polaritie
    TDawg wrote: »
    I'd be pretty upset if they got rid of Mega evolutions, I think they've been a net Positive to the game, even if some are overcentralizing.

I do hope that the window for a Pokemon to get multiple megas remains open. Not because I think, say, Charizard needs another, but it would be cool to see a few other Pokemon get multiple- like maybe an alternate Mega Garchomp, or alternate Mega Audino. Help certain Pokemon adapt to a changing metagame.

I also wouldn't mind if GameFreak was more willing to be a bit revisionist with older Pokemon- Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon could still do with some Base Stat increases and better Abilities.

I think that there's a lot of room to go and play with the base stats of gen 1 pokemon, as well as looking at giving them better movepools. They have a lot of levels for balance, they just need to use them (base stats is safer though, since movepool increases are more or less one way, but you can undo stats in patches and such...)

Wait have they said they don't want to edit old pokemon for balance?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

See also: Mega Yanmega (or Mega Megayanma, to use its Japanese name).

I just want Dragonitite to exist.

The thing about Mega Pokemon is that earlier generations pretty much already had them anyway, just in a form that required obnoxiously obtuse unlocks and made the base species worthless to haul around.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Wait have they said they don't want to edit old pokemon for balance?

Theyve already altered a bunch of old mons stats. Not in a way we'd consider useful mind you but they tried

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Pokemon: Mysterious as the dark side of the Mooooon!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    QuantumShaddow
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    People are calling it a leak, but trademarks are public. I looked up the listings myself.

• PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    Stream is up, less than 20 minutes to go. Says it's 6 minutes long.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnzH2C6Cr4

that has to be a typo

YL9WnCY.png
    edited February 2016
    *sound of a wet fart*

Geth, close the thread.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bobkins Flymo. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.