As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game Deals] Thread: Stuff for the Stuff God!

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    It's too bad we'll never get a game continuing from 1, though. One of the best endings.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Luca72Luca72 Registered User regular
    for whatever reason i haven't played a single bioware DLC add-on; are any of them worth it (DA/ME)?

Citadel for ME3 was great if you're a fan of the series. Sometimes it's overly silly (like when Joss Whedon is being too Whedony) but it brings the series to a close better than vanilla ME3 or the extended cut. And Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME2 was one of the high points of the whole series.

I'd recommend getting Kasumi for ME2, since she's a good/interesting character with a cool loyalty mission. Zaeed in ME2 is a great character and I think he comes free with ME2 now - I wouldn't spend money on the Zaeed pack though because it's pretty content light.

And Javik is a HUGE addition of a character to ME3.

Whatever DLC you're interested in depends on whether you want to replay any of the games or just experience fresh content. Shadow Broker and Citadel are the only ones I'd recommend buying if you aren't looking to replay anything

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    If you're looking for Dragon Age DLC for the 360, tonight is the last chance for probably ever.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Deals, deals, deals!
    Gold Only wrote:
    Burnout Paradise (GoD) 66% $5.09
    Burnout Revenge (GoD) 66% $5.09
    DBZ Battle of Z (GoD) 50% $19.99
    DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi (GoD) 50% $14.99
    Dirt 3 (GoD) 60% $9.99
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (GoD) 75% $4.99
    Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) (GoD) 50% $19.99

Get your super saiyan racing on!

There you go.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    If you're looking for Dragon Age DLC for the 360, tonight is the last chance for probably ever.

There will be deals for the Inquisition DLC eventually, ye of little faith. It's just that Bioware DLC goes on sale once or twice a year, while Bethesda and Rockstar DLC seemingly goes on sale twice every week.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

There will be deals for the Inquisition DLC eventually, ye of little faith. It's just that Bioware DLC goes on sale once or twice a year, while Bethesda and Rockstar DLC seemingly goes on sale twice every week.

More like every one or two years. I don't expect a console DLC sale until 2016 at the earliest. (The origin one will be sometime around the heat death of the universe)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Spoit wrote: »

More like every one or two years. I don't expect a console DLC sale until 2016 at the earliest. (The origin one will be sometime around the heat death of the universe)
    Are you kidding? They won't be discounting the PC DLC then. That's prime time for them to gear up to charge full price to PC users that result from the secondary big bang that creates the next universe!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    But why buy Dragon Age on Origin when you can get the Ultimate version on Steam for a song?

Oh yea... DA2 and DLC are not on Steam...

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Mass Effect DLC went on a sale at normal interval (on 360). I expect Inquisition will follow this model. DA2 was probably delayed because of the "war crime" style reviews it received.

• Options
    And I think we're all hip to the fact that 'normal interval' means 'maybe once a year'.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Did you know Halloween was coming up? I can't believe it!

So there are some...scary(?)...titles on sale for the 360.
    Alice Madness Returns (GoD) 75% $4.99
    Dead Island Riptide (GoD) 50% $9.99
    Dead Space (GoD) 66% $5.09
    Dead Space 3 Awakended (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Mass Effect (GoD) 75% $4.99

Mass Effect, huh? Chilling.

Also, there are some titles that are part of a deal where if you spend $50 you get $5 back. Can't find any information on the exact details (Do you get $6 if you spend $60?), but here are the titles that qualify. Nothing appears discounted, however.
    How To Survive
    Dishonored
    Costume Quest
    Diablo 3
    Dark Souls 2
    State of Decay
    CoD Ghoooooooosts!
    Limbo
    L4D 1&2
    Dead Island
    Deadlight
    RE Revelations
    Walking Dead 2
    PvZ Garden Warfare
    RDR and Zombie Nightmare
    DR 2 and Case Zero
    Borderlands...stuff

So, I guess it might be worth it if you're not part of the whole Rewards thing. Maybe Nelson gets around to posting about it before Friday.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I looked into that Dead Space 3 deal... I don't think it's the game itself, but the $10 DLC that's reduced to $5.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, yeah. Fixed it. I thought those prices were a bit odd.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Starting today if you buy a game that costs $39.99 and up at Best Buy, you can bundle it with a 2 year subscription to their Gamer Club Unlocked service. It's normally 120 bucks for 2 years, which I think is a bit much, but for 30 bucks it's a no brainer to get 20% off on all new game purchases, as well as other benefits.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Good afternoon, Balla dope pushers! Grove Street OG's come to do damage!

GTA San Andreas has been remastered and is now available on XBL for the 360 to celebrate the ten year anniversary.
    GTA: San Andreas on the Xbox Marketplace will be available again for purchase beginning October 26th, 2014, through Games on Demand. This version features 720p resolution, enhanced draw distance, and Achievement support.

Achievement List
    Getting Started-
    Meet up with the crew and escape the Ballas.

The End of the Line-
    Beat the game.

Represent-
    Purchase a Grove Street tattoo

Hustle some-
    Win a game of pool

A Legitimate Business-
    Export all three car lists

The American Dream-
    Purchase your first house

Get a Pump-
    Workout your arms or chest.

Pay 'n' Spray-
    Handle the heat with a new paint job

Bike or Biker-
    Complete BMX or NRG challenge

Beat the Cock-
    Win the Beat the Cock marathon

Metrosexual-
    Spend $6,969 on clothes, hair, and tattoos.

School's Out-
    Fully complete a vehicle school

Serial Offender-
    Get arrested 50 times.

Freight Date-
    Take the train between cities

Horror of the Santa Maria-
    Drown

Assert Yourself Next Time-
    Fail a mission

What the City Needs-
    Master Vigilante Mode

Savior-
    Master Paramedic Mode

Rescue a Kitten Too?-
    Master Firefighter Mode

Yes I Speak English-
    Master Taxi Mode

Trickster-
    Master Pimping Game

Time to Kill-
    Watch Credits to the end

There are also 11 additional secret achievements being added.

Please note: The Games on Demand version of San Andreas is not compatible with the Xbox Originals version. Save files will not transfer from Xbox Originals. Owners of the Xbox Originals version will still have access to the old version on their consoles and through their download history, with the option to purchase the new version to experience the added features on a new save file.

So why am I putting this here? Right now, this remastered version is $3.74. Which works out to the usual price that is 66% off of $14.99. And the price is only good for today (Oct. 26) only. So if you want it, here it is, come and get it!

And yes. I have it now. I got the PS2 and Xbox disc versions (with Hot Coffee content if I really gave a shit about it). I then got the no longer for sale XBO version because of course I would. Now I have this and the listed achievements seem right up my alley since every time I play it I play to 100% completion.

But they'd better not have moved the hidden collectables... Or they're gonna be bustas!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Not a single achievement about following the damn train.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    How incredibly random!

But yeah, I grabbed it for that price.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Not a single achievement about following the damn train.

Ride to the side as far away from the train as possible to give Smoke the angle to shoot.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Oh, I've gotten much better at that quest now that I have a better understanding of how AI works.

But when I first played that mission in my younger days...man.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I was wondering of they tweaked those old annoying missions (R.C. plane...)

• Options
    There's already a dormant thread about GTA SA.

However...
    I've not heard if they've done anything else, but they already adjusted the timer for the dreaded Zero RC plane mission when they ported it to Xbox nearly a decade ago. One PS2, it used to be a straight up timer rather than a fuel gauge as it was labeled.

The trick was still to just jam on the accelerator and sweep the city in a counter-clockwise pattern starting with the targets nearest the start point. The problem is the patterns they take are somewhat randomised. Line up the target and just blast them. Even if you have to land to get the shot off. Don't waste too much time per target since it will allow the others to get further away.

I've never investigated, but the actual flying controls for the mission may or may not be tied into the flying skills, too. The mission opens before the flight school does so that may also be a factor. However, I suspect the controls for the RC plans will always kind of suck.

The only times I have problems with the mission is when I lose control of the plane going after a target and they spread out too much.

The mission that got harder for some reason was the one where you had to defend the shop from the air raid. Still passable, but you take more damage and I found it harder to aim on the Xbox and 360 controllers.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Only bad thing I've heard about this is that it's actually a port of the iOS version and has occasional audio issues such as songs cut short, audio cuts out entirely (dialog mainly) but menu sounds still play.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Don't know about the songs, but that was also a problem with playing the oXbox version on the 360. Strangely, I found that adjusting the 360 to 720p output (down from 1080p) solved the audio sync.

• Options
    GTA SA still dirt cheap! Get it now!!!!

Also, Nelson says the 'season of Xbox' starts on Nov. 2.
    The Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games – Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Sunset Overdrive.

This holiday, fans have more options to choose from with several exclusive bundles available at $50 off including:
    Available on Nov. 2 in the U.S., the Xbox One Assassin’s Creed Bundle for $349 ERP and Xbox One Assassin’s Creed Bundle with Kinect for $449 ERP features Assassin’s Creed: Unity as well as Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag on Xbox One. The Xbox One Assassin’s Creed Bundle with Kinect also includes Dance Central Spotlight.

The Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle, available in limited quantities now, features a sleek white console and wireless controller, a digital copy of Sunset Overdrive, and special Day One edition in-game items – available for $349 ERP.

The Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle for $449 ERP available starting Nov. 3, features a 1TB hard drive, custom console, custom controller and Limited Edition exoskeleton, plus a digital copy of the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition.

This special promotion will be available nationwide at most major national retailers in the U.S., including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Microsoft Stores, Target, Toys ‘R Us, and Walmart.

I'll probably jump on the AC w/Kinect bundle. Glad it's before the silly shopping season. I don't like shopping much in all that craziness.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah damn 3 free games is a steal.

• Options
    Totally Halloween, guys!
    Gold Only wrote:
    Amy (XBLA) 66% $1.69
    Dead Block (XBLA) 75% $2.49
    GTA IV (GoD) 75% $4.99
    GTA IV The Lost and Damned (DLC) 75% $2.49
    GTA IV The Ballad of Gay Tony (DLC) 75% $4.99
    GTA V (GoD) 50% $29.99
    TMNT OOTS (XBLA) 67% $4.94
    The Walking Dead Season 2 Season Pass (XBLA) 50% $7.49
    The Walking Dead Survival Instinct (GoD) 80% $9.99
    Zombie Driver HD (XBLA) 67% $3.29
    Zombie Wranglers (XBLA) 50% $2.49

TBoGT: Still too expensive.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    San Andreas on XBL still discounted. Only just saw this thread, and just picked it up for £2.99 in UK money. So that $3.74 should still be accurate too as of this post.

Doesn't say anything in the description about the remastering job but on the cover art, the top bar is Xbox 360 white/green, not OG Xbox black. That's a dead giveaway.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Well here you go, no excuses:

Deals with Gold: Titanfall - $25, Titanfall Season Pass - $8.25 (Xbox One)

With the new Horde Mode gametype this is a no brainer. Tons of fun.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hmmmm. Either Microsoft's getting especially aggressive or Titanfall missed expectations.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Or the game is over half a year old and Call of Duty comes out next week.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    It's both. Did you not see they dropped the XBO price by 50 bucks yesterday as well? Every bundle is like 350 now.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah. It does look like MS isn't going to rest on their laurels this Christmas.

Which is good, imo.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    It's both. Did you not see they dropped the XBO price by 50 bucks yesterday as well? Every bundle is like 350 now.

Yeah, I did. The crazy thing is that it's a temporary price drop, which makes me wonder if the amount of profit it generates is too small to be sustainable, and --

-- now I made myself sad. :(

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure this is just a way for MS to give themselves a leg up during Christmas and the console will be back at 400/500 shortly afterwards.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Nelson finally posted about this week's deals. Nothing new except the GTA Remaster is on sale through November 10. Get it now and be prepared to cap some Ballas on Veterans Day.
    Dead Space** 	Games on Demand 	66%
    Alice Madness Returns** 	Games on Demand 	75%
    Mass Effect** 	Games on Demand 	75%
    Dead Island: Riptide** 	Games on Demand 	50%
    Dead Space 3 – Awakened** 	Add-on 	50%
    Slender: The Arrival** 	Arcade 	50%
    GTA San Andreas (Remastered Edition)*** 	Games on Demand 	75%
    Battlefield 4 Assault Shortcut Kit* 	Add-on 	33%

*This deal is available for Xbox Live Gold & Silver members.
    **These deals are available for Xbox Live Gold & Silver members through 31 October 2014
    ***This deal is available for Xbox Live Gold & Silver members through 10 November 2014.

• Options
    Games with Gold for November!
    On Xbox 360, starting Saturday, November 1st, Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise ($14.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through November 15th.

Then on November 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Red Faction: Guerrilla ($19.99 ERP) for free through November 30th

Volgarr the Viking, the newest ID@Xbox game, will debut on Xbox One as a free download. For Xbox One gamers, this is a journey back to the days of yore, when times were tougher, and you really only needed a couple buttons to play a game.

I don't know about Trouble in Paradise, but the first VP game got pretty boring pretty quickly.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Starting Nov 9 and running to the 15th, Target is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on all games. Yes that will include the Nov 11 releases (they were included on the front page of the ad). Polygon posted a picture of the Target ad earlier today.

Best buy will be running a buy 1 get 1 half off for Nintendo published 3ds games (maybe others) as well that week.

nusu on
  • Options
    Damn it...why couldn't that be one week ahead.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Or one week later

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I own both Trouble in Paradise and Guerrilla, but I'd say those are good.

I mean, in my highly-regarded and extremely important opinion, Red Faction: Guerrilla is one of the finest games ever made.

forumsig.png