As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game Deals] Thread: Stuff for the Stuff God!

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Or one week later

What I meant but it was like 1 or 2 in the morning when I posted it.

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Remember: Next week (Nov 9-15) is Target's Buy 2 get 1 free on all games, and we're now less than 4 weeks from Black Friday. Your wallet is already begging for mercy...

Weekly Deals/ads Call of Duty edition

There's this game called Call of Duty Advanced Warfare coming out. If you've never heard of it, 2-3 pages of nearly every ad this week will inform you.

Target:
    To better prepare you for next week's awesome buy 2 get 1 free sale, they're offering double trade in value on used games Friday and Saturday

To distract you from next week's awesome sale, they're also offering 10% off all game purchases Friday and Saturday.

Free Doritos or Mt. Dew with purchase of CoD

Everything else in the ad is just showing off new stuff released this week.

Fry's
    If you have a Fry's nearby, and really want the AC XBox One bundle, this is your week. They have an in store promo code that they emailed out today that will take $20 off the bundle bringing it down to $329.99. The promo code is 618874 Not sure if this works with the Kinect version of the bundle. This is an in store only code.

PS4 + Destiny (not the white Destiny bundle) $399.99
    XBox 360 CoD bundle + Destiny for $249.99
    Wii U Nintendoland/Mario 3d World + MK8 $329.99

Best Buy
    Still running the Join Gamers Club Unlimited for $30 with purchase of any new game $39.99 or more

Call of Duty.... Call of Duty everywhere

When you buy CoD you can get....
    $10 off the Strat Guide
    $10 off an Xbox One Controller (including the new CoD themed one according to the picture in the ad)
    $8 off of 3 months of Xbox Live
    $10 off 1 year of PS+

Cool accessory:
    $5.99 CoD Endowment Dog Tag - Proceeds go to the CoD endowment to help returning veterans find jobs. (nothing in game comes with it).

$49.99 MS Special Edition Headset for Xbox One
    $69.99 Polk Orange gaming headset for Xbox One

$49.99
    Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4/Xbox One)

$39.99
    Forza
    Ryse
    Dead Rising 3
    Kinect Sports Rivals

nusu on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Red Faction Guerilla is shitty poop waste, but Viva Piñata 2, I'll grab that

I still need to play the first though, I grabbed that Nuts and Bolts/VP double pack and haven't played either yet

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Xbox One Sunset Overdrive Bundle - 350$ at Amazon, they also have the other bundles live now.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Red Faction Guerilla is shitty poop waste

what the

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    Red Faction Guerilla is shitty poop waste

what the

UV does that. Popular theory is it's one of One-Eyed Willy's traps.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    I own both Trouble in Paradise and Guerrilla, but I'd say those are good.

I mean, in my highly-regarded and extremely important opinion, Red Faction: Guerrilla is one of the finest games ever made.

It goddamn is, and it kills me that they made that dumb sequel then imploded

Ah well with the whole rumours about Crackdown having destructible buildings im hoping the gameplay at its core will live on

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    As a game, Guerilla has some issues, but the hammer-based destruction physics makes me incoherently giddy with delight.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Arteen wrote: »
    As a game, Guerilla has some issues, but the hammer-based destruction physics makes me incoherently giddy with delight.

Okay the story being whatever is fine, I'll allow that.

Then you grab a bomb, slap it to a building, hit 'detonate' and forget all about whatever the hell it was you were just worrying about because oh my with enough of these I could bring down a building.

Then inside that building you find a giant, unstoppable mech that has a specific table-flip/"HEY KOOL-AID!" animation for smashing through walls.

And then you will know it as your Lord and saviour.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    With Call of Duty pressing the issue, I'm suddenly in the market for a PS4. Not necessarily this instant, but soon. Have there been any good deals on just the console, or is that Destiny bundle the best that I can hope for? (I'm not all that interested in Destiny)

Emperor_Z on
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    I would say at this point you should just wait until Black Friday. Watch BFAds.net or somewhere like it for ad leaks, particularly GameStop/WalMart/Best Buy. If you don't want to get out that day, Amazon will very likely have similar or better deals. Sam's Club appears to have the Destiny Bundle for $399 starting soon (next week, I think?).

• Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    I would say at this point you should just wait until Black Friday. Watch BFAds.net or somewhere like it for ad leaks, particularly GameStop/WalMart/Best Buy. If you don't want to get out that day, Amazon will very likely have similar or better deals. Sam's Club appears to have the Destiny Bundle for $399 starting soon (next week, I think?).

Sounds good. I was reviewing the list of worthwhile non-PC games on PS4, and the list is pretty much just Infamous, and some smaller games like Resogun and Velocity 2X, so I'll probably just wait a bit.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Walmart is doing 79$ for 2DS right now. Out of stock online, but in store its at that price. They are saying this is a 'black friday for all of november' campaign, and have a ton of other stuff going on with TV's as well today.

walmart link

steam_sig.png
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Red Faction Guerilla is the best bridge deconstruction simulator of all time.

Every time it goes on sale on steam I get excited and then sad because I understand the PC version to be total hot wet garbage.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    And then you learn about the 'super sledgehammer' unlockable cheat, and you never stop punting guys through walls.

forumsig.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    From Nelson.
    As announced last month, starting today you’ll be to save $50 on Xbox One bundles purchased in the US until January 3, 2015.*

I just checked and the following participating retailers now have the special, limited-time promotional pricing now available:

Amazon

Best Buy

Gamestop

Microsoft Store

Walmart

More details on the promotion from Xbox Wire

* Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers. Regional availability and timing outside the U.S. will vary.

Pretty sure I'm going to try and save what I can and then pick it up before Thanksgiving.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Looks like this week's Deals with Gold starts with GTA and throws in some others.

GTA V On Demand is discounted (I already purchased this so I don't know what the sale price is)
    GTA 4 is 75% off (Now $5)
    Lost and the Damned is 75% (now $2.50)
    Ballad of Gay Tony is ALSO 75% (now $5)

Amy is now $1.70
    Deadblock is $2.50

Walking Dead Season 2 Pass is also discounted (See GTA V note)

Crap Walking Dead (Activision's FPS version) is only $10

TMNT: Out of Their Shells is $5

Zombie Driver is $3.30
    Zombie Wrangler $2.50

newSig.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm trying to save up at least 300 bucks before Black Friday.

Come on, WiiU bundle for 250.

Dragkonias on
    Nocren wrote: »
    Looks like this week's Deals with Gold starts with GTA and throws in some others.

GTA V On Demand is discounted (I already purchased this so I don't know what the sale price is)
    GTA 4 is 75% off (Now $5)
    Lost and the Damned is 75% (now $2.50)
    Ballad of Gay Tony is ALSO 75% (now $5)

Amy is now $1.70
    Deadblock is $2.50

Walking Dead Season 2 Pass is also discounted (See GTA V note)

Crap Walking Dead (Activision's FPS version) is only $10

TMNT: Out of Their Shells is $5

Zombie Driver is $3.30
    Zombie Wrangler $2.50

Um... You're still awesome and all...

But that was last week.

Sale. And stuff.
    Gold Only wrote:
    Deus Ex Human Revolution (GoD) 73% $4.04
    Murdered Soul Suspect (GoD) 55% $17.99
    Sonic the Hedgehog (XBLA) 50% $2.49
    Sonic 4 Episode 1 (XBLA) 50% $4.99
    Sonic 4 Episode 2 (XBLA) 50% $7.49
    Sonic and SEGA Racing (GoD) 50% $9.99
    Sonic Adventure 2 (XBLA) 50% $4.99
    Sonic Generations (GoD) 50% $9.99
    Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (GoD) 50% $14.99
    Thief (GoD) 55% $17.99

With my already massive backlog, Soul Suspect and Thief are still too expensive.

Also, don't forget that Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise is now free for GwG.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Sonovabitch....

Why do computer shits update Tuesday and the work/world starts on Monday?

Get your shit together!

newSig.jpg
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Huh. Kinda wacky they're doing a Sonicpalooza sale when Sonic Boom (out next week) isn't even coming to the Xbox consoles.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Nocren wrote: »
    Sonovabitch....

Why do computer shits update Tuesday and the work/world starts on Monday?

Get your shit together!

It's...complicated. Popular theory is that it's mainly based on allowing sales trackers to collect and post their data on Monday. So releasing the next day won't interfere. Over time, it's just become the thing they do and generally most distributors are set up to deliver on time for Tuesday releases.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I might get Sonic 4 Episode 2 and Sonic Adventure 2, just to round out my Sonic XBLA collection.

And for X1:
    Thief 	Xbox One Game 	33-50%
    Murdered: Soul Suspect 	Xbox One Game 	33-50%
    Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments 	Xbox One Game 	33%
    D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die 	Xbox One Game 	33%

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Posted it in the other thread as well, but Lords of the Fallen is on sale for $36.49 at gmg if anyone is looking to pick it up. Log in and go to the vip page to see the sale.

Pretty fun game so far. Looks great.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    Is it safe to post Black Friday ad leaks here, or is that against the rules/dmca?

nusu wrote: »
    Is it safe to post Black Friday ad leaks here, or is that against the rules/dmca?

Its fine.

edited November 2014
    Awesome!

If Meijer's leaked ad for Thursday/Thanksgiving is any indication, black friday is going to have a lot of newer games on sale.

Console wise, they have the Xbox One at 329.99 (looks like the AC bundle), and along with Dell they have the PS4+GTA5+TLoU bundle for 399.99

(Black Friday looks like the WiiU with Mario land 3d and nintendoland for 279.99)

Controllers for Xbox One and PS4: 39.99

Game wise... (http://bfads.net/Thanksgiving/Meijer/Ad?page=3#viewer )
    COD: AW $40 (looks like previous gen)
    AC Rogue $40
    Destiny $40 (looks like previous gen)

$30
    Madden 15
    Fifa 15
    NHL 15
    Shadow of Mordor
    D3 (console version)
    WWE2k15 (looks like previous gen version)
    Lego Movie game
    Sims 4
    Borderlands Pre-sequel
    Metro Redux
    Evil Within
    Wolfenstein
    WatchDogs (looks like previous gen, but may be both)

$20
    Infamous Second Son
    MLB The Show 14
    Knack
    Killzone Shadowfall
    Tomb Raider Definitive
    Lego Marvel Superheroes
    Thief (new one)
    COD Ghosts
    D3 pc
    D3 expac
    Previous gen:
    Wolfenstein, Evil Within, FFX, Lego Movie the game
    Skyrim
    ESO
    Ninjago 3ds, and another 3ds game I can't quite ID in the ad.

on Black Friday, they'll have Disney Infinity 2.0 or Skylanders Trap team for 49.99, and buy 1 get 1 half off on figures.

nusu on
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Those Meijer console deals also appear to include some money to spend at a later time, which makes them kinda crazy.

• MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Red Faction Guerilla is the best bridge deconstruction simulator of all time.

Every time it goes on sale on steam I get excited and then sad because I understand the PC version to be total hot wet garbage.

Never played it on the consoles, so it may be inferior on the PC, but it never screamed "sloppy port" at me.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Madden 15 is 30 bucks digitally on XBox One. 24 bucks if you are an EA Access subscriber.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Madden-NFL-15/c4afae36-c3b5-4736-97d9-58e9b9de930c

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Non-Redux Metro 2033 is free until tomorrow morning in the Humble Store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    So when does the Target Buy 2 Get 1 thing start? You guys said it was this weekend, but a quick Google leads me to believe their sales start on Sunday.

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So when does the Target Buy 2 Get 1 thing start? You guys said it was this weekend, but a quick Google leads me to believe their sales start on Sunday.

Starts on the 9th. You have double trade-in credit through the 8th though, so trade in some games if you have them and get double credit to put towards your purchases on the 9th.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Non-Redux Metro 2033 is free until tomorrow morning in the Humble Store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Just tried to do this, clicking to get the steam key says I need to log in, then takes me to a login page in German...

Switching to English, removes the log in panel and says Invalid client_id

So uh, wut

edit: logged in to steam through the steam site instead, then tried again successfully. Weird!

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
    Today's the big day with the pre-black friday sales at Target and Best Buy. Based on some of the ad leaks so far, you may be able to get better deals on black friday, depending on the games you want to get.

Target
    The biggie:
    Buy 2 games, get 1 free.

3DSXl $174.99
    Exclusive Skylanders Trap Team set of characters (8 pack) $39.99

Best Buy
    The biggie:
    Buy 1 get 1 50% off all 3ds games from Nintendo

3DSXl $174.99

$15 off select 360 controllers

Fry's
    Save $10 on a controller with any XBox One console purchase

PS4 + Minecraft $399.99

Refurb PS Vitas $159.99

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Does Amazon ever price match Buy 2 Get 1 free sales? I know they have been known to match individual game prices when they go cheaper elsewhere.

(She/Her)
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Does Amazon ever price match Buy 2 Get 1 free sales? I know they have been known to match individual game prices when they go cheaper elsewhere.

I don't think so. And usually if they're going to match something, they do it right away.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Well they did do a buy 2 get 1 free last year around this time, right around PS4's launch.

Toys R Us also usually does one this time of year as well.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So with Best Buy offering GCU for $30 with a game purchase of at least $39.99, does the 20% discount apply to that first game, or would it be subsequent purchases only?