As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game Deals] Thread: Stuff for the Stuff God!

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    That makes no sense. You only need an internet connection if you're playing stuff not associated with that console.

If I lose connection and plug in a memory card with a game I want to play, I never had it work until I reconnected. And I've done the license transfer and then moved the game from my hard drive to a memory stick.

*shrug*

newSig.jpg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Well, for that, just keep a stick with space free and shift data around.

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Fry's has some console bundle deals this week:

PS Vita BL2 bundle for 179.99

PS4 + extra controller + $20 PSN card + TLoU or COD Ghosts for 499.99

Wii U (NSMBU/Luigi) bundle + remote + MK Wheel attachtment + MK8 for 399.99

nusu on
    edited September 2014
    Target is doing the buy one, get one 25% off on game currency cards again. Time to stock up on psn/xbl/steam funbux again.

They also have madden for 49.99 for those not interested in Destiny this week.

nusu on
    Well, I was planning on going to Target this week anyway. This sucks, finally start making enough money to actually buy shit but now I don't have the time to do so.

Anyway, Wal-mart's got some decent "buy online/pick up in store" deals. All their Xbone games are under $40 (Ghosts, Titanfall, Deadrising, Watch_Dogs) except for Wolfenstien and they have Skylander Swap Force starters for $40 (though there's a new version coming out soon).

newSig.jpg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Borderlands 1 and 2 for the DotW. Longer list later.

So, Borderlands. Just Borderlands. Gold Only.
    Borderlands (GoD) 75% $4.99
    Borderlands 2 (GoD) 75% $4.99
    Borderlands 2 Season Pass (DLC) 50% $14.99
    Borderlands 2 Mecromancer Pack (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett's Booty (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Borderlands 2 Mr. Torgue's Carnage (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Borderlands 2 Sir Hammerlock's Hunt (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina's Keep (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Borderlands 2 Headhunter 1 (DLC) 50% $1.49
    Borderlands 2 Headhunter 2 (DLC) 50% $1.49
    Borderlands 2 Headhunter 3 (DLC) 50% $1.49
    Borderlands 2 Headhunter 4 (DLC) 50% $1.49
    Borderlands 2 Headhunter 5 (DLC) 50% $1.49

X1 discounts:
    Worms Battlegrounds 40%
    Watch Dogs 30%

Huzzah.

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    999 is 99 cents on the iOS store today, but only today, what with the date being 9/9. Apparently it doesn't have the puzzles from the DS game and is just a "visual novel" if that is a concern to you.

Weekly ads time. I think Microsoft really wants to win a month of NPD sales numbers or something. Last week a free game with an XBox One purchase and this week...

Target
    $50 gift card when buying an XBox One
    Free Astronaut Ice Cream when buying Destiny

$20 off the following titles when you pre-order any game:
    COD Ghosts
    GTA5
    Titanfall
    WatchDogs

Save 25% when using Target's Cartwheel mobile app on:
    Madden 15
    Mario Kart 8

Best Buy
    Marion & Luigi themed 3ds XL 179.99
    Free Disney Infinity Super Hero when you pre-order/purchase Infinity 2.0
    Exoplanets map pack when pre-ordering Sid Meier's Beyond Earth

NBA 2k14 PS3/360
    Super Mario 3d land
    Cars Playset for Disney Infinity

Last of Us Ps3
    GT6
    South Park Stick of Truth
    Tomodachi Life

Disney Infinity 1.0 starter set

Natural Doctrine PS4, get a $10 bb gift card with purchase

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So, Borderlands. Just Borderlands. Gold Only. Huzzah.

I'm surprised MS supported an effort to chop Destiny off at the knees. Seems counter productive.

Who doesn't already own Borderlands who wanted it in the first place? And besides, the kind of people who'd wait this long for a deal are unlikely to buy Destiny now anyway.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Anybody here follow Wario64 on Twitter? He posted a deal a week or so ago about a 5 dollar Paypal credit, but I don't think I know anyone who has actually gotten it yet. It's only tangentially related to games, but he usually posts game deals and I know that's probably what I was going to spend my Paypal bux on.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Today is the last day for Monaco via GwG. Starting tomorrow it will be Halo Reach.

edited September 2014
    Ahoy, mateys!
    Gold Only wrote:
    Battlefield 4 Engineer Shortcut Kit (DLC) 33% $4.68
    Disney Universe Neverland Level Pack (DLC) 80% $0.99
    Eternal Sonata (GoD) 67% $4.94
    LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (GoD) 50% $9.99
    Metro 2033 (GoD) 75% $4.99
    Metro Last Light (GoD) 67% $9.89
    Monkey Island SE (XBLA) 75% $2.49
    Monkey Island 2 SE (XBLA) 75% $2.49
    PAC-MAN Ghostly Adventures (GoD) 75% $4.99
    SoulCalibur 2 HD (XBLA) 67% $6.59
    Valiant Hearts (XBLA) 50% $7.49

If only whatever is left of LucasArts would get on it and release the rest of the Monkey Island games and Grim Fandango. Fuckers.

I'd almost be tempted for the Metro games, but I can't be arsed about FPS. Now, if was based on Romantically Apocalyptic, then sure. But it ain't... And I'll probably wait for Valiant Hearts to reach $5. I just have too much stuff as it is.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited September 2014
    Good luck getting Grim Fandango on a non-Sony platform (although it'll probably show up on pc again), considering Sony's financing Double Fine's remake.

nusu on
    Ahoy, mateys!
    Gold Only wrote:
    Battlefield 4 Engineer Shortcut Kit (DLC) 33% $4.68
    Disney Universe Neverland Level Pack (DLC) 80% $0.99
    Eternal Sonata (GoD) 67% $4.94
    LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (GoD) 50% $9.99
    Metro 2033 (GoD) 75% $4.99
    Metro Last Light (GoD) 67% $9.89
    Monkey Island SE (XBLA) 75% $2.49
    Monkey Island 2 SE (XBLA) 75% $2.49
    PAC-MAN Ghostly Adventures (GoD) 75% $4.99
    SoulCalibur 2 HD (XBLA) 67% $6.59
    Valiant Hearts (XBLA) 50% $7.49

If only whatever is left of LucasArts would get on it and release the rest of the Monkey Island games and Grim Fandango. Fuckers.

I'd almost be tempted for the Metro games, but I can't be arsed about FPS. Now, if was based on Romantically Apocalyptic, then sure. But it ain't... And I'll probably wait for Valiant Hearts to reach $5. I just have too much stuff as it is.

Wonder if the Metro games are on there due to the Metro Redux combo pack for Xbone (and PS4)?

newSig.jpg
    Meh. I'm about as concerned as I was when TellTtale was all 'we like/hate/like/hate/like the 360!' and didn't bring Back to the Future to XBL. Shit is fucked up and bullshit. Hell, they can't even be arsed to get it on the PS3.

I have the original, I have Steam for the remake. The hell with it.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    nusu wrote: »
    Good luck getting Grim Fandango on a non-Sony platform (although it'll probably show up on pc again), considering Sony's financing Double Fine's remake.

I went to the Grim Fandango panel at Pax Prime this year.

They're probably more than a year away from releasing anything. They literally hadn't done ANYTHING yet as of September 1st except get all the stuff from the LucasArts archives.

Taramoor on
    edited September 2014
    PSN Sale this week is Capcom (psp/vita/ps3) and Squeenix (psp/vita/ps3/ps4). Some highlights (PS4 deals): Tomb Raider Definitive, Thief and Murdered Soul Suspect are each $17.99 with PS+, $19.99 without.

nusu on
    X1 DotW:
    Valiant Hearts 	Xbox One Game 	33%
    Killer Instinct Season 1 Retro Costume Pack 	Add-on 	50%
    Battlefield 4 Engineer Shortcut Kit* 	Add-on 	33%

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Tropico 3 is free on the Humble Store today only:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store

edited September 2014
    Weekly ads... doesn't look like much is on sale this week.

Best Buy
    $200 off a Xbox One when combined with the purchase of certain Samsung TVs

$10 off 1 year of PS+ with purchase of Fifa 15

Buy a Disney Infinity 2.0 starter pack and 2 Infinity figures and get 1 figure free.

Killer Instinct pack for 19.99

World of Tanks 360 for 14.99

Target

$10 target gift card with purchase of Fifa 15 and a 6 pack of Coke bottles

2 free power disks with purchase of any Disney Infinity 2.0 play sets.

$199.99 Super Smash Bros special edition 3ds (looks like it's just the console).

nusu on
    Deal of the Week! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    The Amazingly Shitty-Man (GoD) 66% $13.59
    The Amazingly Shitty-Man, Too (GoD) 60% $19.99
    Fuse (GoD) 66% $6.79
    GRID Autosport (GoD) 58% $20.99
    Mass Effect 2 Kasumi Stolen Memory (DLC) 50% $3.49
    Mass Effect 2 Lair of the Shadow Broker (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Mass Effect 2 Arrival (DLC) 50% $3.49
    Mass Effect 3 From Ashes (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Mass Effect 3 Leviathan (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Mass Effect 3 Omega (DLC) 50% $7.49
    Mass Effect 3 Citadel (DLC) 50% $7.49
    The Orange Box (GoD) 75% $4.99
    Syndicate (GoD) 75% $4.99

Feh.

And people say bioware DLC never goes on sale :trollface:

newSig.jpg
    I already had those. I'd have probably bit if it was the stupid little costume and gun things for half off. I'm only kindof sortof waiting for DA2 DLC to go on sale. DAI is like a month away, right? Maybe then.

Hahano

Deal of the Week! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    The Amazingly Shitty-Man (GoD) 66% $13.59
    The Amazingly Shitty-Man, Too (GoD) 60% $19.99
    Fuse (GoD) 66% $6.79
    GRID Autosport (GoD) 58% $20.99
    Mass Effect 2 Kasumi Stolen Memory (DLC) 50% $3.49
    Mass Effect 2 Lair of the Shadow Broker (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Mass Effect 2 Arrival (DLC) 50% $3.49
    Mass Effect 3 From Ashes (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Mass Effect 3 Leviathan (DLC) 50% $4.99
    Mass Effect 3 Omega (DLC) 50% $7.49
    Mass Effect 3 Citadel (DLC) 50% $7.49
    The Orange Box (GoD) 75% $4.99
    Syndicate (GoD) 75% $4.99

Feh.

Gah, Bioware y u not put DA2 DLC on sale as well?!

Syndicate is also a sweet game if you can convince a friend or two to pick it up as well. Basically similar to Payday 2 with a smaller progression curve (which is a good thing imo).

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    And people say bioware DLC never goes on sale :trollface:
    On PC it doesn't. I'd bust a testicle for just ONE sale of PC ME DLC ever.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's literally only the second time all that ME3 stuff has been on sale, and the first time it's all been on sale together. That's pretty big stuff.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I've barely played anything but Destiny for two weeks now, but I'm severely tempted to jump on that DLC for when I next feel like playing Mass Effect.

forumsig.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Not sure about the others, but I've heard Citadel is a big, sloppy love letter to fans in the best possible way, with every character getting loads of new dialog. Plus there's a new Blasto "movie." I still need to play it for myself.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    It's...okay. Doesn't fit in with the game at all. Would've been better as a separate arcade title. Some funny moments, but totally not worth full price.

Also, they snuck in a battle arena. So, yeah. Play it after finishing the game. You'll feel better about it.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I keep expecting DA2 to get put on sale with DAI coming up, but EA is so weird about sales.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Already finished it back when it first came out, this would just be for the sake of completion. It's one of my favourite game series' going, so I feel I should play everything.

forumsig.png
    PSN Deals this week are:
    Assassin's Creed games
    Borderlands games/dlc
    Nordic Games (Darksiders/Red Faction/etc)

edited September 2014
    Metro Redux is a lightning deal on Amazon at 4pm PT/5 MT/6 CT/7 ET for 34.99

nusu on
    It's...okay. Doesn't fit in with the game at all. Would've been better as a separate arcade title. Some funny moments, but totally not worth full price.

Also, they snuck in a battle arena. So, yeah. Play it after finishing the game. You'll feel better about it.

Santa is wildly incorrect on this one I feel. Being better than much of the main storyline doesn't mean it should be a completely separate game. That's just silly. It is also totally worth full price, as the battle arena is the only completely repeatable story content in the entire game. Mastering the highest level challenges available is like 2 full difficulties tougher than the previous "hardest" mode. It also ties the game back into 1 and 2 in both overt and subtle ways.

Honestly, the only thing POSSIBLY not worth it at the sale price is Omega, if you happen to despise the Omega setting or the Aria character, that would be a huge waste of money.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I keep expecting DA2 to get put on sale with DAI coming up, but EA is so weird about sales.

It was on sale a couple months ago for $5

That's when I grabbed the digital copy and sold my physical one (for like 1 dollar I'm sure)

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

That's when I grabbed the digital copy and sold my physical one (for like 1 dollar I'm sure)

damn. well, maybe there will be another one for Halloween or something stupid. Feel like i've waited long enough at this point to get a better deal than 20 bucks.

aeNqQM9.jpg

damn. well, maybe there will be another one for Halloween or something stupid. Feel like i've waited long enough at this point to get a better deal than 20 bucks.

Google "Buy Dragon Age 2". $5-8 is market price.

Pretty sure they want a digital copy on the 360. Not advice on how to buy cheap, used physical copies nearly anywhere else.