As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, August 4, 2014 - The Talk, By Amy T. Falcone

2»

• Options
    tgbennett30tgbennett30 Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Between this comic and Jerry's sad post, I continue to be completely bewildered that anyone would ever want children.

Well, that's what strikes me about all this - this whole guest-panel series has been a relentless drumbeat of how awful children are.

I think that's an exaggeration. Today's by Krast Stwawp, yes, and this one by Amy, yes... the joke in all the others, more or less, was incorrect explanations of where babies come from and embarrassment in trying to explain it.

Indeed - you appear correct, upon further review ;-) Perhaps I'm thinking of comments following the strips, or some such. Additionally, I can't help but have my outlook tainted by memory of all the folks my wife rages about who, upon hearing we have four, make snide comments like "You *DO* know where babies come from, right?" and "What's WRONG with you???" and so on :-P

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Between this comic and Jerry's sad post, I continue to be completely bewildered that anyone would ever want children.

Well, that's what strikes me about all this - this whole guest-panel series has been a relentless drumbeat of how awful children are.

I think that's an exaggeration. Today's by Krast Stwawp, yes, and this one by Amy, yes... the joke in all the others, more or less, was incorrect explanations of where babies come from and embarrassment in trying to explain it.

Indeed - you appear correct, upon further review ;-) Perhaps I'm thinking of comments following the strips, or some such. Additionally, I can't help but have my outlook tainted by memory of all the folks my wife rages about who, upon hearing we have four, make snide comments like "You *DO* know where babies come from, right?"

When somebody gives you this one, your stock response should be: "Yes, and we're VERY good at it."

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular

Indeed - you appear correct, upon further review ;-) Perhaps I'm thinking of comments following the strips, or some such. Additionally, I can't help but have my outlook tainted by memory of all the folks my wife rages about who, upon hearing we have four, make snide comments like "You *DO* know where babies come from, right?" and "What's WRONG with you???" and so on :-P

Man, decide not to have kids like me, and people are all, "How come you're not having any kiiiiids?" Decide to have more than two, and people also get all up in your grill? People are silly.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

Man, decide not to have kids like me, and people are all, "How come you're not having any kiiiiids?" Decide to have more than two, and people also get all up in your grill? People are silly.

If you're not the Cleaver family, you're the terrorists.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

Malthusians to the left of me, Duggars to the right...