As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I BRING YOU [Love]

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    When it doubt

talk about cats

Did somebody say...cat?

BXqoyDf.png

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    LiiyaPlatyMadEddyUsagiJoeUserBé ChuilleN1tSt4lkercabsy
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I talk about things that slip in the conversation before or during the date.
    That most of the time is a mistake.

Or like how I may be flirting with this one girl I work with because I commented she wore her hair in the braid that she did that came across the back to the side of her head and how the other day she wore her hair loose and later in a tail.
    Sadly I have learned things like that are a thin line they either find it neat you pay attention to them or creepy you pay attention to them.

The other example is how I accidently let it slip I knew this one girl wore 3 different coats to work and listed what colour they were and how they looked.

I am an idiot.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Or like how I may be flirting with this one girl I work with because I commented she wore her hair in the braid that she did that came across the back to the side of her head and how the other day she wore her hair loose and later in a tail.
    Sadly I have learned things like that are a thin line they either find it neat you pay attention to them or creepy you pay attention to them.

The other example is how I accidently let it slip I knew this one girl wore 3 different coats to work and listed what colour they were and how they looked.

I am an idiot.

Trick is to defuse the situation into something more open ended and variable.

"Cool hair!" is okay. So is something like "Was that jacket a different color the other day?"

If you end up a bit closer, then you can admit the bashful goofiness pent up inside. Slowly.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    InquisitorceresJaysonFourThe BetgirlVeldrinSlacker71Creagan
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

I am an idiot.

Yeah, it is about how you deliver these observations. There is nothing wrong with being aware of your surrounding things a noticing them. Just say something like "Hey is your hair different today? It looks nice!" and leave it at that. On the other hand going like "On tuesday you wore your hair X, on Wednesday Y and Thursday hm, let me consult my log in my journal" is well, you know, creepsville. :P

ceresVeldrinLiiyaCreagan
  • BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Thread of love.

I stumbled into having a date on Saturday. To go see guardians of the galaxy. And lunch afterwards. I'm feeling good because if date goes well then yay good date.

Otherwise

I finally got to see guardians of the galaxy and eat good food.

try to have fun! be open, talk about yourself, ask him/her about him/herself

if you like him/her, set up another date!

We are currently making dumb fish faces at each other over Snapchat so I'm reasonably confident in this. But thank you all the same :)

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
    JaysonFour
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I am an idiot.

Yeah, it is about how you deliver these observations. There is nothing wrong with being aware of your surrounding things a noticing them. Just say something like "Hey is your hair different today? It looks nice!" and leave it at that. On the other hand going like "On tuesday you wore your hair X, on Wednesday Y and Thursday hm, let me consult my log in my journal" is well, you know, creepsville. :P

I know it was a hard lesson to learn
    I have pointed out she was wearing very glossy lip balm one night. how the way she dyed her hair has turned out better as the weeks went on. How I found her openness about when she was asked if she had a boy friend by someone else and went off talking about the people she has dated even saying she dated someone 10 years older than her as if it was nothing.

But really I am kind of bad at talking to people.

• ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I am an idiot.

If you happen to be an observant person (I am meticulously detailed about some things and completely oblivious to others), the easiest way to introduce this is to comment on other people/things first. If this is a facet of you, then why not let them know it - it's just if they feel it's being directed solely at them it becomes creepy.

(This also may not always go as planned - one time when I identified a movie on a just-switched-on TV based on the clothes an actress was wearing, I was met with "Oh my god! You ARE gay!")

AbdhyiusInquisitor
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Tam wrote: »
    thanks Xaqqo
    what happened to you?

got a long string of texts from my ex with an apology, and an I love you, and an I miss you, and etc.

almost texted her or called her.

nooooooooooo Xaquin. Don't do that dumb shit.

edit: so now I'm listening to Black Crowes trying desperately to think of anything else in the world

don't get sad, get mad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-rwXG8zWs

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Usagi
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    If knives are too expensive, buy or make an awesome knife holder!

2cbhg4qrreny.jpg

WHERE CAN I GET THIS

Found it, sadly it appears to be a custom one of. Plans might be online though?
    http://estlcam.com/

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    If knives are too expensive, buy or make an awesome knife holder!

2cbhg4qrreny.jpg

WHERE CAN I GET THIS

Found it, sadly it appears to be a custom one of. Plans might be online though?
    http://estlcam.com/

@Vivixenne‌

yeah, you have to make it yourself, sorry

I saw it a while ago and figured it was a mass produced thing

I need to dust off the old jig saw

(or skill saw?) (hell, I can't remember)

Mysst wrote: »
    Tam wrote: »
    thanks Xaqqo
    what happened to you?

got a long string of texts from my ex with an apology, and an I love you, and an I miss you, and etc.

almost texted her or called her.

nooooooooooo Xaquin. Don't do that dumb shit.

edit: so now I'm listening to Black Crowes trying desperately to think of anything else in the world

don't get sad, get mad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-rwXG8zWs

This has basically been my anthem since late 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCl-d5ZqGM

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I saw this one and many other variations in Provincetown, MA this summer.
    c0Bs04I.jpg?2

SassoriHermanoXaquinJaysonFourDirtyDirtyVagrantDarth WaiterGoatmonAnialos
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I have been looking for a new knife set...

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    No dicknife no sale

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    c0Bs04I.jpg?2

My sister has this one!

XaquinJaysonFourTankHammerDirtyDirtyVagrantchromdomGoatmon
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote: »
    c0Bs04I.jpg?2

My sister has this one!

I have that one too, only in black. It was a gift from my mother-in-law!

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    LiiyaTankHammerDonovan PuppyfuckerDirtyDirtyVagrantXaquinGoatmonAnialos
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I wouldn't want to get rid of my emotions altogether but it would be nice to take a break from them sometimes

Sometimes I wish I could buffer them, like unread email, to review later when it's convenient. But then I imagine dealing with the concentrated backlog, and I'm pretty sure the press would have to refer to it as "ground zero" afterwards.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    cooljammer00
    I wouldn't want to get rid of my emotions altogether but it would be nice to take a break from them sometimes

Sometimes I wish I could buffer them, like unread email, to review later when it's convenient. But then I imagine dealing with the concentrated backlog, and I'm pretty sure the press would have to refer to it as "ground zero" afterwards.

delete
    delete
    delete
    mark as unread
    delete
    delete
    report spam
    delete
    delete

Desert LeviathanceresGoatmoncurly haired boycabsy
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    report phishing

Desert Leviathan
    this Nigerian prince seems to really like me ....

Goatmon
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hay

@‌usagi

happy fkn bday

poo
    XaquinThe BetgirlDonovan PuppyfuckerSassoriPotatoNinjaBrovid HasselsmofchromdomLuvTheMonkeyUsagiceresMetalbourneInfidelJaysonFourGoatmonHermanoNijaMadEddyAngelinaTheySlashThemASimPersonDarth_MogsVeldrinOne Thousand CablesDarth WaiterTrueHereticXTheodore FlooseveltHacksawSorceBrainleechTankHammerAnialosSyphyrecabsyCelloHellaJeffButlerSlacker71SCREECH OF THE FARG
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    hay

@‌usagi

happy fkn bday

Awwww thx <3

Metalbourne
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    @‌usagi

Happle berfdurr

Usagi
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Happy PANCAKES

See you this weekend for PANCAKES

PANCCAAAAKKKKKEEEESSSS

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    Usagi
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    waffles > pancakes

Psykoma on
    XaquinThe BetgirlGrey GhostJimothyInfidelMadEddyJarsASimPersonDirtyDirtyVagrantVeldrin
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    waffles > pancakes

Oh fuck you started a civil war.

what's so civil bout pancakes anyway

STATE OF THE ART ROBOTMetalbourneTankHammer
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    BREAKFAST

IS A BUNCH

OF CREPES

ikbUJdU.jpg
    XaquinGoatmon
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Daaaaaaaaamn it
    So that LA lady that I was gonna see while in Seattle has had to cancel last minute because of a personal emergency
    I didn't really have any expectations, outside of she's a super fun lady and I would have loved to hang out with her again, but shit y'all

Guess I just gotta make do with YOU nerds

PsykomaEtchwartsThe BetgirlUsagiJimothychromdomGoatmonDarth_MogsVeldrinDarth WaiterHacksawWheatBun01
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    waffles > pancakes

only slightly, minutely better than gif v jif

If you argue one side of these matters, you are a super boring person

HellaJeff
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    herpy berfderf, usergi :V

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Usagi
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    waffles > pancakes

only slightly, minutely better than gif v jif

If you argue one side of these matters, you are a super boring person

I think you meant they are a super uninteresting person. Uninteresting is polysyllabic and thus the better, more interesting insult. Learn to degrade, n00b!

So I completely forgot about the very attractive guy that I chatted with at orientation when I started here. I just passed him in the hallway and we talked for a little bit. I forgot that he worked in the same building.

Hmm...Gotta remember his name...

GethUsagiMadEddyTankHammer
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Obey. Obey. Obey.

DarmakGoatmonJaysonFourShazkar ShadowstormASimPersonDirtyDirtyVagrantXaquinSassoriJoeUserDarth WaiterMadEddyAnialosRainfallWheatBun01
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Geth wrote: »
    Obey. Obey. Obey.

Naw.

GethDarmakUsagiSassoriNeoTomaGoatmonJaysonFourDarth WaiterMadEddyAnialosRainfall
  • Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    waffles > pancakes

I love them both so much that I cannot choose I side!

I can't watch this!

SCREECH OF THE FARG
    Geth wrote: »
    Obey. Obey. Obey.

But...who do I obey?

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    you gotta figure out his name first!

lfYVHTd.png
    SassoriHellaJeff
  • Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    @Metalbourne‌ Saw a picture of a patch on my instagram feed earlier. It was a cute little ball gag and some hearts with the words "He asked me to make him a sandwich so I made him a sub"

MetalbourneI Win SwordfightsUsagiInfidelTheySlashThemThe BetgirlNijaGoatmonVeldrinDarth WaiterOdinHellaJeffRainfallApocalyptusSCREECH OF THE FARG
This discussion has been closed.