Options

I BRING YOU [Love]

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    It sounds like you're trying to neg her, ineptly.

Well that wasn't the tone I had in mind when I thought about it in the slightest!

Just joking around.

It's the kind of thing that would probably come off fine if you've already got a joking relationship going on, but if you don't really know each other then yeah it sounds like you're trying some kind of PUA technique

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    [
    Liiya wrote: »
    Furry Housemate got a boyfriend, this means at some point I will have to hear them have Furry Sex. That will be a novelty.

http://youtu.be/uIBU-DaJJOk

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    When I was a bartender, I saw lots of guys try The Negging Technique and almost universally get shut down with speed and ferocity. Without fail, it always made me cackle like a lunatic.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    God I'd never do that. Didn't mean to sound like a horrible creep, sorry everyone. :(

sig.gif
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    i feel there are ways to be Bold but not fuck up

reading a situation. i think to myself one day, this girl is really cute. theres this energy and closeness in the room. she asks me to come closer because i give off a good energy

i talked a lot, like A Lot A Lot. we laughed a lot and she was like "is there anything you want to do to me"

god bless

god bless america

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    I was negged once. I guess the guy figured itd work on guys that thought he was a peice of shit too. He got really aggressive and tried to shame me at any oppurtunity because I didnt add him to Facebook .

He got fired but I was seriously considering filing harassment charges towards the end.

• Options
    its not really "game" or whatever. you gotta fucking attune to their chi. hey, maybe they're introverted. calm the fuck down with the chatter, and when you speak make them feel comfortable. listening is great. communication is key. verbal communication, and body language

do you have common interests? they lookin for a pal? they looking to just get drunk or imbibe something? do they just wanna fuck? you gotta talk to know

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    I guess 'Game' to me doesn't really mean reading someone and responding to their needs, but is more about insincerity, eg pretending to be not interested, or trying to mess with someone just to get their attention. I can't stand it - but I have friends who love that shit, so I figure as long as the people who love it all pair off with each other then we're good.

• Options
    im not really talking about that sort of shit, i just dont want my steeze conflated w/ that steeze

most of the time, people make fucking each other and dating one another way more complicated than it needs to be. everybody likes stuff, learn about each other and maybe you can enjoy stuff together, or for the day just stick stuff in each others stuff

• Options
    stuff all over the place

• Options
    I guess 'Game' to me doesn't really mean reading someone and responding to their needs, but is more about insincerity, eg pretending to be not interested, or trying to mess with someone just to get their attention. I can't stand it - but I have friends who love that shit, so I figure as long as the people who love it all pair off with each other then we're good.

Maybe thats a europe thing. Over here Game is basically charisma and skill. You know your way around a conversation when to listen when to crack a joke. Stuff like that

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I don't neg anyone until I know them really well because then it is obvious I am joking

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I neg Mysst all the time because I am secretly in love with him.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    I don't neg anyone until I know them really well because then it is obvious I am joking

I want you to neg me long and hard.

• Options

Maybe thats a europe thing. Over here Game is basically charisma and skill. You know your way around a conversation when to listen when to crack a joke. Stuff like that

yeah that seems like just basic social skills.

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    I've only done the "speaking to a relative stranger in an attempt to get their romantic interest" thing once, and it was awkward and teenager-y. All of my actual relationships have started with friendship. I guess the time between buddies to bonin' with my wife was pretty short, though, and it was definitely an intentional romancing on my part, so maybe that counts.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Game means yelling board game non-sequiturs in conversations with people you are interested in:

How's the day going?
    "YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP?"

What did you think of the movie?
    "DO NOT PASS GO"

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I am pretty seriously introverted by nature, but I have always wanted to enjoy bigger get togethers or be able to talk to strangers in an enjoyable healthy way. The biggest hurdle to that was learning that not every social interaction needs to be a life changing one. Not every person you talk to needs to become a life long friend. Sure that means sometimes you ask an acquaintance to hang out and they turn out to be a misogynistic racist awful human being but on the whole it means that I meet a lot more people, and have been called charming, which I never ever thought would be true.

• Options

yeah that seems like just basic social skills.

Its more like having the mass effect dialouge wheel.

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    I am so much better at dialogue trees/wheels than actual conversation.

Video game people have very apparent wants and needs, and I always have the means to satisfy them!

... That came out a bit dirty but I'm okay with it.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i am good at conversing with friends

i feel like i have a lot of friends

i am good at conversing with friends of any gender

hm but i am sometimes not good at conversing with people who are not already my friends i guess, strangers, new people, ladies on dates
    idk
    how did i get friends then??? i guess it just takes me time hmm to be comfortable

also i should ask this girl out on another date even though i feel like she might not be interested anymore
    but i am hesitant for whatever reason
    idk why because if i do and she doesn't want to then i am just in the same place
    but at the same time i dunno what to do or when or how or idk i think too much
    it will take me literally 30 seconds to write a text and say like hey do you want to get drinks at x place this week

i should just do it right

dumb head

poo
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote: »
    Game means yelling board game non-sequiturs in conversations with people you are interested in:

How's the day going?
    "YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP?"

What did you think of the movie?
    "DO NOT PASS GO"

Oh man.

I cannot wait to live with your girlfriend in less than a month. I have a feeling it's going to be really educational for me.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

hm but i am sometimes not good at conversing with people who are not already my friends i guess, strangers, new people, ladies on dates
    idk
    how did i get friends then??? i guess it just takes me time hmm to be comfortable

also i should ask this girl out on another date even though i feel like she might not be interested anymore
    idk why because if i do and she doesn't want to then i am just in the same place
    it will take me literally 30 seconds to write a text and say like hey do you want to get drinks at x place this week

dumb head

Yeah you should just do it. Worst case scenario she says no, then whatever, at least you know to put your efforts elsewhere.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

idk

dumb head

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable talking to my friends, my family, and my coworkers while at work. But the moment I talk to someone else or see coworkers outside of work I immediately feel super awkward and I just want to leave. My wife says I do a great job and everyone seems to like me so I'm obviously doing it right, but I sure don't feel like it. It's not normally an issue since I tend to stay at home and I never talk to strangers on purpose but my wife is always introducing me to her friends and inviting them to eat lunch with us or whatever and then I'm forced to endure feeling like an awkward weirdo for awhile. I just want to be left alone forever and never meet new people ever, is that so much to ask?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    My heart is really hurting because my oldest friend died suddenly last weekend. oldest as in I have known her for 23 years. Meeting her is one of my first memories. I am having trouble focusing at work and generally dealing, and I hope I can scrounge up the money/figure out logistics to fly across the country for her funeral this weekend (so hard to write those words)

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Jesus, Bits. hugs hugs hugs

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    That's awful. :c

I'm sorry, Bits

• Options
    i got really bad priorities but its like being featured on the rolling stone for me

i submitted to em and they posted my butt, on my favorite butt blog

so many people to thank

• Options
    also, my condolences!

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Aww, Bits....I'm sorry, lovely.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I'm very sorry, Bits.

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Hey, if you need money to fly back I would be more than happy to chip in.

Bé Chuille on
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I really do appreciate it. I'm sitting here crying in my car on my lunch break trying to get it together before I go in.

• Options
    Hey, if you need money to fly back I would be more than happy to chip in.

That is beyond sweet of you to offer. <3 I think I can manage, it will just be a tight month if I can make it work.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

idk

dumb head

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable talking to my friends, my family, and my coworkers while at work. But the moment I talk to someone else or see coworkers outside of work I immediately feel super awkward and I just want to leave. My wife says I do a great job and everyone seems to like me so I'm obviously doing it right, but I sure don't feel like it. It's not normally an issue since I tend to stay at home and I never talk to strangers on purpose but my wife is always introducing me to her friends and inviting them to eat lunch with us or whatever and then I'm forced to endure feeling like an awkward weirdo for awhile. I just want to be left alone forever and never meet new people ever, is that so much to ask?

I definitely seem to make friends different than a lot of my, well, friends.

Like, I don't usually have trouble finding them when dropped into a new environment as long as we have that sort of shared experience. One of the things that was nice about having a big corporate job to start my career is that I started at the same time as like 40 other people who also just graduated college and then we went through training and stuff for a month together. My core group of friends here all came from that initial group.

The part where I seem to differ, though, is that I pretty much stopped after that. I am happy with 6-10 friends. In the aftermath of my failed relationship attempt (see: previous love thread) we are friends, which makes that girl the first new friend I've made in like three years. And I'm fine with that.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I officially live in Alexandria now

I don't know if it's just because the population density is higher than I'm used to, but this place seems to be absolutely full of qts

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »

idk

dumb head

I definitely seem to make friends different than a lot of my, well, friends.

Like, I don't usually have trouble finding them when dropped into a new environment as long as we have that sort of shared experience. One of the things that was nice about having a big corporate job to start my career is that I started at the same time as like 40 other people who also just graduated college and then we went through training and stuff for a month together. My core group of friends here all came from that initial group.

The part where I seem to differ, though, is that I pretty much stopped after that. I am happy with 6-10 friends. In the aftermath of my failed relationship attempt (see: previous love thread) we are friends, which makes that girl the first new friend I've made in like three years. And I'm fine with that.

Similar story here. All my closest friends I made about 15 years ago in middle and high school. My wife is my newest real friend, and we met and became friends about 9 years ago. None since then, but that's fine. I have those 2-4 friends plus my wife and that's all I need or want.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Tonight I was out walking in the forest with a cute girl I know who lives nearby.

We were chatting about how it's hard to find not-idiots to date and that it'd be nice to at least have someone to sleep with.

And that's about the point in the conversation where I smeared myself in dogshit.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i texted and so now it is out of my hands i can stop worrying

i bungled it on sat night tho so no hope anyway

now i need to redo my dumb okcupid profile as i havent looked at that in months

poo
This discussion has been closed.