Options

I BRING YOU [Love]

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »
    Tonight I was out walking in the forest with a cute girl I know who lives nearby.

We were chatting about how it's hard to find not-idiots to date and that it'd be nice to at least have someone to sleep with.

And that's about the point in the conversation where I smeared myself in dogshit.

My mental image for this is amazing.

You're just walking along conversing, it's a beautiful tranquil evening in Northern Europe.

Then you pull a handful of dog shit out of your pocket and smoosh it against your face, your eyes locked with hers, unwavering and unblinking. You slowly drag your hand down your cheek, then after rubbing it across your throat to your collarbone you hold out the faeces covered hand for her to hold, eyes still staring deep into her very soul.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    also i should ask this girl out on another date even though i feel like she might not be interested anymore
    but i am hesitant for whatever reason
    idk why because if i do and she doesn't want to then i am just in the same place
    but at the same time i dunno what to do or when or how or idk i think too much
    it will take me literally 30 seconds to write a text and say like hey do you want to get drinks at x place this week

i should just do it right

dumb head

Bud, this is not unusual in the least. There is comfort in not knowing. There is that part of your brain that would rather hold onto the chance, than rule it out altogether.

100% maybe can feel better than 50% no.

But good on you for sending that text. If you want to see her again then maybe she wants to see you too.

Something to think about in the future - if you're on a first date and you want to see that person again, start planning the 2nd date during the first date. Mention places in town you like, offer to take them there, talk about things you like doing and suggest they do them with you some time. Even if you don't make firm plans at the time, it can make setting up that difficult sophomore date a much less daunting task if you say "Remember when you said you'd crush me at bowling, how about we find out tomorrow night?"

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Tonight I was out walking in the forest with a cute girl I know who lives nearby.

We were chatting about how it's hard to find not-idiots to date and that it'd be nice to at least have someone to sleep with.

And that's about the point in the conversation where I smeared myself in dogshit.

European courtship is so complicated

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Eet ees

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    also i should ask this girl out on another date even though i feel like she might not be interested anymore
    but i am hesitant for whatever reason
    idk why because if i do and she doesn't want to then i am just in the same place
    but at the same time i dunno what to do or when or how or idk i think too much
    it will take me literally 30 seconds to write a text and say like hey do you want to get drinks at x place this week

i should just do it right

dumb head

Bud, this is not unusual in the least. There is comfort in not knowing. There is that part of your brain that would rather hold onto the chance, than rule it out altogether.

100% maybe can feel better than 50% no.

But good on you for sending that text. If you want to see her again then maybe she wants to see you too.

Something to think about in the future - if you're on a first date and you want to see that person again, start planning the 2nd date during the first date. Mention places in town you like, offer to take them there, talk about things you like doing and suggest they do them with you some time. Even if you don't make firm plans at the time, it can make setting up that difficult sophomore date a much less daunting task if you say "Remember when you said you'd crush me at bowling, how about we find out tomorrow night?"

Yuh thanks

It was that same uncertainty hesitancy that screwed me over this weekend

That comfort of uncertainty

Is good lesson tho

poo
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

European courtship is so complicated

I see now what I've been doing wrong

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    As I'm sitting here waiting for my clothes to dry my aunt and her roommate decide to stop over.

I haven't showered yet today and I'm a greasy stubbly unwashed mess.

And my aunt's roommate is a very attractive young man.

Kill me now.

• Options
    Oh and I also got a "[birth name]...I mean Heather" from my aunt which only served to mortify me even further. It's been over two fucking years. If you don't know my name by now, then don't fucking talk to me.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I'm 41, and my father still does that to me. Except in my case, it's [brother's name]... I mean Ron.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @bowtiedseal‌ I saw your post on Facebook and I didn't want to pry, but I was sincerely hoping it was anything else than what it appeared. I'm so sorry. I'm giving you a world of mental hugs right now, although I know it can't ameliorate the situation at all.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Oh and I also got a "[birth name]...I mean Heather" from my aunt which only served to mortify me even further. It's been over two fucking years. If you don't know my name by now, then don't fucking talk to me.

I have a trans great-uncle, it's been like 30-40 years, and my grandmother still has to catch herself every once in a while.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

Should have tried to woo her by singing songs from Frozen to her, by the way

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    I'm 41, and my father still does that to me. Except in my case, it's [brother's name]... I mean Ron.
    I know that feel, though I'm not trans. I am called dog A's name, dog B, Bro 1, Bro 2, Sis , before Virgil by my parents.
    It horrifying, because I do this to friends all the time. Sometimes, it's just using the name of the last person I've addressed. Also you don't want to slip and address someone you're having relations with, via a family member's name. There have been uh, some real awkward moments because of this.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    How do you find love in a small town when you're gay? I still haven't figured it out. I'm going to volunteer at the local community theater because it's the only social activity here that doesn't involve church, sports, racing, or drinking. Also, theaters are cool.

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    MKR wrote: »
    How do you find love in a small town when you're gay? I still haven't figured it out. I'm going to volunteer at the local community theater because it's the only social activity here that doesn't involve church, sports, racing, or drinking. Also, theaters are cool.

Theatre was also a de facto meeting place for a lot of gay communities a lot of places!

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »

Theatre was also a de facto meeting place for a lot of gay communities a lot of places!

I'll admit a few fantasies have rolled around in my head since sending an email off for volunteer information. :rotate:

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    I have like 8 crushes rn

Two are approaching dangerous levels

One might be reciprocated but I have no way of knowing

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    Also I am not popular on tinder which bums me out more than it should

I just want it to be fall. Fall is when I look sharp instead of sweaty and fatigued

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    All praise fall

Wool scarves and corduroy jackets

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    All praise fall

Wool scarves and corduroy jackets

my peacoat looks so fly

and also stops 20+ mph winds it's like the best thing I own

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I, too, find Fall to be the most uplifting of seasons.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mississippi only has fall for like, a week, sadly

• Options
    Fall is the most wonderful time of the year.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    winter has always been my favorite season and last winter was the best few months of my life

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I remember how happy you were. Your posts made me squeal more than a few times. :D

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    <333

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    bowtiedseal‌ I saw your post on Facebook and I didn't want to pry, but I was sincerely hoping it was anything else than what it appeared. I'm so sorry. I'm giving you a world of mental hugs right now, although I know it can't ameliorate the situation at all.

@Lost Salient‌ thank you. every kind word really means a lot to me.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    A few years ago we had a sudden onset of Fall. the leaves began to fall like rain leading to a curious and wonderful sound.

I only wish more people were around to experience it. It really was a thing of amazement.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I get to wear my awesome suede jacket in the fall and sometimes one of my scarves. Plus some of the best food goes best with fall. Warm soups and stuffings and things that involve gravy. Stuff that was designed to bring warmth to every part of your body.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Oh and pumpkin flavored things!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I used to be all up on pumpkin spice things in fall
    Now I bow only to salted caramel things

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    what the fuck is fall

is that when it is not molten boron outside?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I like Spring the most. Mostly because not only do all the flowers come back and the grass and trees turn green again, but it heralds the end of the bitter, freezing days and even worse Winter nights.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    what the fuck is fall

A miserable pile of leaves.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I have been discussing getting pizza and seeing the new TMNT with a girl on Tinder, but she hasn't gotten back on since I asked what day would be good for her.

And no matter how many times I check my phone she still hasn't gotten back on the app. Woe is me.

I know dinner and a movie is as trite as trite can be, but I figured Pizza before a TMNT movie was actually a decently clever idea.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    what the fuck is fall

A miserable pile of leaves.

I enjoy this post

• Options
    To think that one line from SOTN could become so goddamned ubiquitous.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    what the fuck is fall

An acting vehicle for this man:

The-Fall-0055.jpg

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Gaze into his quiet, baritone handsomeness and lose yourself.

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    The Fall was fucking amazing. It is the most visually awesome movie I've ever seen.

This discussion has been closed.