As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resident Evil HD REmake and Resident Evil: Zero HD released, REmake 2 announced!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The guy in that video is absolutely terrible at the boss though. The key is those tanks, and he wastes most of them, or ignores them, or uses them much too late.

If you start by kiting the boss through them and save most of your bullets for the staggers, it goes down much faster.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah, and I get that. Though when there are an INFINITE number of weird fish-zombies coming at you from all directions and shooting makeshift claws and whatever else at you, it kinda grates on your mind after a bit.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah, and I get that. Though when there are an INFINITE number of weird fish-zombies coming at you from all directions and shooting makeshift claws and whatever else at you, it kinda grates on your mind after a bit.

The quicker you trail the boss around the tanks and blow them up, the fewer zomboids there are.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Man, I used to be able to run through RE super quick. Been too long I guess. I've used up every key except the helmet key, which ive not found yet. The only important items i have are the wind crest and the jewelry box. Kind of at a loss on where to go =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    Tinker around with the jewellery box & the wind crest is key to unlocking one of the most OP weapons in the game.

• Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular

The quicker you trail the boss around the tanks and blow them up, the fewer zomboids there are.
    Yeah, on normal difficulty he's definitely killable if you hit him with all the explosive tanks and land fully-charged melee hits on him afterward.

I'm a bit fan of Revelations, and part of that has to do with the difficulty. Most modern Resident Evils (5 and 6, mainly) just don't offer much of a challenge on Professional difficulty. They offer lots of QTEs that killed you if you failed them, but that's about all the danger they offer. In contrast, even on Normal difficulty the bosses in Revelations got me worried. They all had the potential to kill me, and not just because I messed up a scripted QTE.

And since the modern Resident Evils can't seem to scare me with the amazing atmosphere and pacing of the classics, the least they can do is make me scared of dying.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Rex Dart wrote: »

Yeah, on normal difficulty he's definitely killable if you hit him with all the explosive tanks and land fully-charged melee hits on him afterward.

I'm a bit fan of Revelations, and part of that has to do with the difficulty. Most modern Resident Evils (5 and 6, mainly) just don't offer much of a challenge on Professional difficulty. They offer lots of QTEs that killed you if you failed them, but that's about all the danger they offer. In contrast, even on Normal difficulty the bosses in Revelations got me worried. They all had the potential to kill me, and not just because I messed up a scripted QTE.

And since the modern Resident Evils can't seem to scare me with the amazing atmosphere and pacing of the classics, the least they can do is make me scared of dying.

RE5 on Professional mode is pretty hard if you're playing on your own. That last chapter in the ship is a real son of a bitch if you don't have competent backup.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Why has it taken me this long to realize Barry "Sandwhich" Burton is a playable character in Revelations 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEVQuSsGILA

Not surprised, but I somehow missed it.

• Options
    Today I learned that giant spider death orgasms are poisonous...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Why has it taken me this long to realize Barry "Sandwhich" Burton is a playable character in Revelations 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEVQuSsGILA

Not surprised, but I somehow missed it.

"This island is completely crazy!"

That's a pretty good Barry line, let's hope they can keep that up in the game.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Today I learned that giant spider death orgasms are poisonous...

Is is that or the fact they burst into spiderlings that can run up and bite you before they die?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Maybe that was it. I was running past a still twitching spider and it looked like one of its spurts hit me. Coulda been a babby spider. I don't remember spider blood being poisonous.

Edit: Nope, definitely the blood. Goddamn spiders...

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Who is Barry Burton?

(I haven't played 1-3)

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    There's a wiki for everything these days my friend
    http://residentevil.wikia.com/Barry_Burton

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Who is Barry Burton?

(I haven't played 1-3)

Don't worry about him

He has this

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Who is Barry Burton?

(I haven't played 1-3)

Don't worry about him

He has this

I had an old PC Gamer that had a walkthrough for Jill that I used almost to the letter.

Funny enough, they thought that all pistols were the same and never bothered to use the magnum (which is what Barry uses).

So when <late game spoiler>
    Barry holds Jill at gun point for Wesker with said magnum, they had a screen shot with the caption "Please, I'm holding a bazooka and you're using that pea-shooter?"

Glad to see Barry coming back in Rev 2. Now we just need to know what the heck happened to Rebecca and that will account for everyone from the first game.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Who is Barry Burton?

(I haven't played 1-3)

Don't worry about him

He has this

Uhhhh, the Magnum is OP as fuck? Why make fun of Barry? After all, we almost had a Jill sandwich!

• Options
    Man, I wasted all my magnum rounds because I accidentally stumbled into the fight with Yawn. All I had was my pistol, and was holding the Magnum for emergencies.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The bullet spongeyness is weird in Revelations, because it comes and goes. You would get a new pistol, and it would just completely outperform the old pistol, even though it was technically the same pistol, just with better stats. Then things would die pretty quick for a few levels. It would inevitably return to bullet sponge territory until your equipment and mods caught back up. Talking about Raid mode here, but that's by far where most of my playtime with that game went. As far as I remember, the campaign had set damages for everything, so if something was hard to kill it just was what it was.

Alright, I mentioned it before but look at this mother fucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8klxUMyG4

Even the guy in the video goes in with full ammo and only leaves with a single handgun bullet. Why though? Why design your bosses in an asinine way like that? "Okay so first boss, let's make him eat all the bullets that the player has collected so far! And on top of that, infinitely spawn smaller enemies that distract the player but don't contribute ammunition."

I dunno man, I tried a couple times to like Revelations but it's a real struggle.

The spawning enemies DO drop ammo though. But yeah that first boss is a trial run. Just keep running around and upgrade the rifle and you'll be fine.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'd have to reinstall first. :snap:

Maybe when I get bored of RE:Make I'll try again.

• Options
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Who is Barry Burton?

(I haven't played 1-3)

Don't worry about him

He has this

I had an old PC Gamer that had a walkthrough for Jill that I used almost to the letter.

Funny enough, they thought that all pistols were the same and never bothered to use the magnum (which is what Barry uses).

So when <late game spoiler>
    Barry holds Jill at gun point for Wesker with said magnum, they had a screen shot with the caption "Please, I'm holding a bazooka and you're using that pea-shooter?"

Glad to see Barry coming back in Rev 2. Now we just need to know what the heck happened to Rebecca and that will account for everyone from the first game.

That would be fantastic. RE0 made me like her more than I care to admit. Capcom making a career out of underutilizing over half of their cast has been a sore spot with me since RE5 anyway.

Oh, another RE game starring Chris and/or Jill? Fine...

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I came here to post that klemming. These videos made my day.

• Options
    Oh man. I forgot how bad the original voices were.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I actually prefer the original voice acting. In the REmake, it's also bad, but not so bad it's funny. If I'm going to be listening to bad acting, I want it to at least be amusing.

• Options
    The original live action opening cutscene in RE1 is probably one of the greatest things in the history of video games.

Was it the same scene in Japan too? Just dubbed in Japanese?

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    And the original "Resident Eviiilllll" voice that came on when you clicked "Start game". Oh man

• Options
    klemming wrote: »

Man did I fuck up buying this on the PS4.....

• Options
    Also looks like Revelations 2 release schedule and pricing was put onto Steam. I didn't know they were doing an episodic thing like Telltale. Episode 1 comes on on February 24, 2015 and the whole season costs $25. This comes with the four episodes, plus two additional bonus episodes and HUNK as a raid character.

• Options
    Dont the episodes come out a week apart? Why not just release the whole thing at once?

• Options
    Also looks like Revelations 2 release schedule and pricing was put onto Steam. I didn't know they were doing an episodic thing like Telltale. Episode 1 comes on on February 24, 2015 and the whole season costs $25. This comes with the four episodes, plus two additional bonus episodes and HUNK as a raid character.

Well that is interesting, especially coming from a company like Capcom.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Raid mode sounds real interesting too. I'll be down for it at $25.

• Options
    Man the Resident Evil leaderboards are so depressing. This would be such a cool feature if people weren't hacking the hell out of them.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Dont the episodes come out a week apart? Why not just release the whole thing at once?

Because they misunderstood the point of episodes, apparently. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Just finished my first playthrough of REmake. First time through a classic-style Resident Evil, and it was really enjoyable.

Is it just me, or is the early game the hardest part of the game? Early on, I almost screwed myself by running completely out of pistol ammo, and I really felt the inventory constraints. Later though, I had plenty of ammo and could pretty much freely kill every enemy and dealing with my inventory wasn't too bad. I'm not too sure how much of that difficulty shift was me getting used to the game and how much was the game itself (I think I can attribute the inventory thing to the accessibility of item boxes though).

Hmm, should I do my Chris playthrough on normal again or hard...

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Rex Dart wrote: »

RE5 on Professional mode is pretty hard if you're playing on your own. That last chapter in the ship is a real son of a bitch if you don't have competent backup.

I feel like RE5's professional mode needed some more time in QA. The fights against Irving and Wesker+Jill were fuuuuuucked. Irving's QTE's would something appear for a tiny fraction of a second, and Sheva would run off and get slaughtered by Jill.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    Just finished my first playthrough of REmake. First time through a classic-style Resident Evil, and it was really enjoyable.

Is it just me, or is the early game the hardest part of the game? Early on, I almost screwed myself by running completely out of pistol ammo, and I really felt the inventory constraints. Later though, I had plenty of ammo and could pretty much freely kill every enemy and dealing with my inventory wasn't too bad. I'm not too sure how much of that difficulty shift was me getting used to the game and how much was the game itself (I think I can attribute the inventory thing to the accessibility of item boxes though).

Hmm, should I do my Chris playthrough on normal again or hard...

Early game is definitely the hardest, maybe even more so in the remake then the original game. I have played this game a lot and I am struggling with the early game on hard just because you have to execute so
    perciously.

Uselesswarrior on
  • Options
  • Options
    Kick, punch, kick-punch-chop!

Parappa...

This discussion has been closed.