Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Resident Evil HD REmake and Resident Evil: Zero HD released, REmake 2 announced!

1969798100102

Posts

  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Was hoping for a new outbreak...

    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    urahonkyKing Riptor
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited September 9
    Resident4Evil? Something?

    I'd be more irritated at the exclusivity if Mercenaries wasn't the only multiplayer mode I actually like in Resident Evil (and some of RE5 co-op I guess).

    Somehow I still haven't bought RE2 since I canceled my pre-order and forgot about it--I need to go through used games on eBay and check the prices.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • ZavianZavian Senātus Populusque Rōmānus Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Resident4Evil? Something?

    I'd be more irritated at the exclusivity if Mercenaries wasn't the only multiplayer mode I actually like in Resident Evil (and some of RE5 co-op I guess).

    Revelations 2 co-op remains one of my fav co-op games of all time.

    And I loved Outbreak as well, I'm hoping this is basically Outbreak but one player plays as Mr. X

    Steam - PSN: Zavian2099 - Twitch
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I'm not exactly sure why but neither Revelation game ever clicked with me, despite multiple efforts across different platforms.

    Probably if I'm playing RE with a online partner, I want it to be balls-to-the-wall nonstop combo move action.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 9
    P:RE looks like a combination between L4D and the old Zombie Master Mod for Half Life. Could be really cool. Last screen shows that it's not PS4 Exclusive, I see a Steam logo.

    KoopahTroopah on
    Steam: Koopah - Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
    Zavian
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    P:RE looks like a combination between L4D and the old Zombie Master Mod for Half Life. Could be really cool. Last screen shows that it's not PS4 Exclusive, I see a Steam logo.

    I tend to assume any PS4 exclusive will come to the PC either at launch or not longer afterwards unless otherwise stated. Whether this pulls a No Man's Sky (marketed as an exclusive, eventually came to XB1) is separate. PS4 console exclusive, at least for now.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    New Resident Evil multiplayer 4v1 announced!

    Hell yeah, that looks awesome! A mix of L4D and asynchronous gameplay!
    Zavian wrote: »
    Looks like PS4 exclusive

    NOOOO!!! BOOOOO!!!!
    P:RE looks like a combination between L4D and the old Zombie Master Mod for Half Life. Could be really cool. Last screen shows that it's not PS4 Exclusive, I see a Steam logo.

    YEEESSSSS!!!

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    KoopahTroopah
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    I'm conflicted. I absolutely hate 4v1 stuff, but I loved the co-op of L4D.

    MNC DoverFawst
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 12
    Gameplay.



    A little bit of Dead by Daylight, specific survivors with skills. Third person gameplay with the RE2 engine. Then Zombie Master RTS top down gameplay when playing the mastermind, places zombies, monsters, traps, and can effect the environment (Example they gave was turning off the lights). Mastermind can also become Mr. X which then becomes Third Person.

    Closed Beta Test first week of October. Need to be a RE Ambassador to beta test, which takes too many questions and effort to sign up for me.

    KoopahTroopah on
    Steam: Koopah - Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
    urahonkynever dieXerink
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Warning: Mothership Reporting Richland, WARegistered User regular
    I need more Zombie Master in my life, so color me intrigued.

    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
    KoopahTroopah
  • ZavianZavian Senātus Populusque Rōmānus Registered User regular
    edited September 12
    Also, it's multiplatform. I dunno why they always only have PS4 logos for resident evil reveal videos, I'm pretty sure they did the same with RE2make. In any case, I'm hyped.

    Zavian on
    Steam - PSN: Zavian2099 - Twitch
  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    because the trailer is being hosted by Playstation.

    M A G I K A Z A M
    KoopahTroopahSynthesis
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh shit I am down for this.

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Probably not for me. I loved both L4D's, but only for the 4player co-op stuff. Never touched the PVP side of it.

    Don't really care for 4v1 asynchronous PVP.

    PVP in general just isn't my thing. So I'll probably pass unless there's a good co-op campaign to go along with this.

  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I need more Zombie Master in my life, so color me intrigued.

    Honestly, it's the only thing I find interesting about this whole thing. If it wasn't for RE2 and how great that engine/gameplay was, I probably wouldn't even care about playing as a survivor.

    Steam: Koopah - Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Also, it's multiplatform. I dunno why they always only have PS4 logos for resident evil reveal videos, I'm pretty sure they did the same with RE2make. In any case, I'm hyped.

    I remember seeing more than one RE2 trailer with an Xbox logo in it, but again, there were no shortage of trailers for that game.

    Same for Battlefront II--a lot of people even at the PA Forums thought it was a PS4 exclusive, and we're better informed than the average people in the audience.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • ZavianZavian Senātus Populusque Rōmānus Registered User regular
    Even though it hasn't been true since PSX days, I usually associate RE with Sony.

    I'm old

    Steam - PSN: Zavian2099 - Twitch
    KoopahTroopahFawst
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Even though it hasn't been true since PSX days, I usually associate RE with Sony.

    I'm old

    I remember when RE4 was first announced and I was like Wtf... why is this not on PS2? It eventually was announced for PS2 before release (and then ported to every system ever), but I remember RE1, RE2, and RE3 being PSX games.

    Steam: Koopah - Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
  • ZavianZavian Senātus Populusque Rōmānus Registered User regular
    PS4 closed beta codes for this upcoming weekend have gone out for everyone that signed up to the RE Ambassador program, and there's also a new official video out of a full match:

    Steam - PSN: Zavian2099 - Twitch
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Resident Evil 3 cover art leaked on PSN.


    If real I'm not keen on that Nemesis design, particularly the weird teeth.

    KoopahTroopahKing RiptorAndy JoeWerewolf2000adpainfulPleasanceDark Raven XAbsoluteZero
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Warning: Mothership Reporting Richland, WARegistered User regular
    I dunno, the weird teeth are pretty creepy.

    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
    painfulPleasance
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I am furious that Jill's dog isnt on the cover despite such blatant foreshadowing in 2 remake

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    RE2 was on sale digitally for around $19US on Xbox so I finally picked it up. Good looking game, especially on XB1X--as expected, there are a few hangovers from the classic Capcom adventure game era that I'm not a huge fan of ("Here's a safe. The combination is stuck on a wall in a completely different room that you won't reach for another fifteen minutes.") but guides can avert a lot of those.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    RE2 was on sale digitally for around $19US on Xbox so I finally picked it up. Good looking game, especially on XB1X--as expected, there are a few hangovers from the classic Capcom adventure game era that I'm not a huge fan of ("Here's a safe. The combination is stuck on a wall in a completely different room that you won't reach for another fifteen minutes.") but guides can avert a lot of those.

    Oh man if they ever got rid of those I think I'd be done with the RE games. I absolutely love wandering around and spotting something on the locker or wall or something and using that in a previous safe.

    KoopahTroopahXerinkStabbity StyleTrajan45painfulPleasance
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    RE2 was on sale digitally for around $19US on Xbox so I finally picked it up. Good looking game, especially on XB1X--as expected, there are a few hangovers from the classic Capcom adventure game era that I'm not a huge fan of ("Here's a safe. The combination is stuck on a wall in a completely different room that you won't reach for another fifteen minutes.") but guides can avert a lot of those.

    Oh man if they ever got rid of those I think I'd be done with the RE games. I absolutely love wandering around and spotting something on the locker or wall or something and using that in a previous safe.

    I didn't particularly enjoy those even when they were new (I played the original RE1 in the PC release), but I was fine to tolerate them since games like Little Big Adventure and so forth were reliant on less-inane versions of the same fundamental formula. Dark Forces was particularly bad, to the point where Jedi Outcast even mocks itself for it.

    RE2 is sort of in the middle, between LBA2 and SW:DF. Not my cup of tea even back when it was "the game", but it's easily remedied.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    RE2 was on sale digitally for around $19US on Xbox so I finally picked it up. Good looking game, especially on XB1X--as expected, there are a few hangovers from the classic Capcom adventure game era that I'm not a huge fan of ("Here's a safe. The combination is stuck on a wall in a completely different room that you won't reach for another fifteen minutes.") but guides can avert a lot of those.

    Oh man if they ever got rid of those I think I'd be done with the RE games. I absolutely love wandering around and spotting something on the locker or wall or something and using that in a previous safe.

    I didn't particularly enjoy those even when they were new (I played the original RE1 in the PC release), but I was fine to tolerate them since games like Little Big Adventure and so forth were reliant on less-inane versions of the same fundamental formula. Dark Forces was particularly bad, to the point where Jedi Outcast even mocks itself for it.

    RE2 is sort of in the middle, between LBA2 and SW:DF. Not my cup of tea even back when it was "the game", but it's easily remedied.

    Nah that's absolutely fair. It's just honestly one of my favorite parts about these kinds of games. I like the whole "see something you can't complete, come back when you have more info/upgrades/etc" gameplay. Things like Metroid and RE really hit that sweet spot for me and I can't really explain why.

    Trajan45Burnage
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I enjoy it in RE1/2 because the game map is more like a puzzle anyways. You're going back and forth around a relatively small space. Adding the mechanic to the latest Assassins Creed would be terrible.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Stabbity Style
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    OK, Capcom. You get 3 out of the way, then go back and do 1 in this style. Then you get your ass to Code Veronica. And then finally, finally, you're allowed to work on RE8. Cuz I want that story to continue.

    Tube wrote:
    yes Chris Evans make a good smell in me
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Warning: Mothership Reporting Richland, WARegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    OK, Capcom. You get 3 out of the way, then go back and do 1 in this style. Then you get your ass to Code Veronica. And then finally, finally, you're allowed to work on RE8. Cuz I want that story to continue.

    Man, Code Veronica in the style of REmake 2 would be amazing.

    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    OK, Capcom. You get 3 out of the way, then go back and do 1 in this style. Then you get your ass to Code Veronica. And then finally, finally, you're allowed to work on RE8. Cuz I want that story to continue.

    I think they consider Remake part of their remake canon

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    IlpalaStabbity StylepainfulPleasanceBurnageAbsoluteZeroKoopahTroopahLegacyAndy Joe
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    It'd be nice to just refresh the whole catalogue and release it as a pack. I'm amazed SH1 has never been remade, I don't even think it has been remastered. Konami has the Fox engine, they could do wonders with that and without having to go OT with the budget.

    urahonky
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Honestly 2 changed enough that they could do entirely different stuff with the series post this 3 remake . I would not be sad if they said 5 and 6 never happened in this timeline

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Stabbity StylepainfulPleasanceBionicPenguinBurnageAbsoluteZeroKoopahTroopahKruite
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    It'd be nice to just refresh the whole catalogue and release it as a pack. I'm amazed SH1 has never been remade, I don't even think it has been remastered. Konami has the Fox engine, they could do wonders with that and without having to go OT with the budget.

    Yeah but that would require Konami to make a video game

    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    King RiptorCapt HowdyAlphaRomeroStabbity Style
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Boy they went all in with those new Nemesis teeth.

    Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Patiently waiting for Code Veronica (that was really the one I actually spent the time to speed-run) but it will be nice to play 3 again and eventually 4 (which I've never played).

    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    RE2 was on sale digitally for around $19US on Xbox so I finally picked it up. Good looking game, especially on XB1X--as expected, there are a few hangovers from the classic Capcom adventure game era that I'm not a huge fan of ("Here's a safe. The combination is stuck on a wall in a completely different room that you won't reach for another fifteen minutes.") but guides can avert a lot of those.

    Oh man if they ever got rid of those I think I'd be done with the RE games. I absolutely love wandering around and spotting something on the locker or wall or something and using that in a previous safe.

    I didn't particularly enjoy those even when they were new (I played the original RE1 in the PC release), but I was fine to tolerate them since games like Little Big Adventure and so forth were reliant on less-inane versions of the same fundamental formula. Dark Forces was particularly bad, to the point where Jedi Outcast even mocks itself for it.

    RE2 is sort of in the middle, between LBA2 and SW:DF. Not my cup of tea even back when it was "the game", but it's easily remedied.

    Nah that's absolutely fair. It's just honestly one of my favorite parts about these kinds of games. I like the whole "see something you can't complete, come back when you have more info/upgrades/etc" gameplay. Things like Metroid and RE really hit that sweet spot for me and I can't really explain why.

    The other benefit of the Resident Evil system is that it's not randomized. So you have a more puzzle-y aspect early on, but later you can zoom through things through memorization. Or cheat sheets.

    But I'd still like a loot randomizer. Possibly also a puzzle randomizer.

  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I think they've made randomizers for the PC versions. I'm sure I've seen one for OG RE2, at least.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Boy they went all in with those new Nemesis teeth.

    I like to think all the chaeacter models have those weird teeth and we can only see them on nemesis

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    HRM. Seeing rumours this isn't being made by the same team as RE2make, might not be running on REngine, and so doesn't feature actor models for the characters? Kinda weird to be making em so close together and not actually use the same tools and aesthetic for em.

    Oh brilliant
    AbsoluteZeroStabbity Stylenever die
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 4
    That would be an odd choice especially since there's rumors of a new 2 dlc that presumably connects the two

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
Sign In or Register to comment.