As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resident Evil HD REmake and Resident Evil: Zero HD released, REmake 2 announced!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    You say that. You say it's not that hard. But it's very hard.

Dude moves in the direction I'm pressing. That is what makes sense.

• Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    It's a game where the camera is not always on the same place. It's more consistent across multiple views that up is always forward.

You can get used to it. Just like when you're piloting an aircraft you wouldn't want to have pushing up on your control stick to move you upward.

reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    It's the same as playing a FPS on K&M but without the mouse. You just have to turn slower with the keys instead.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Think of it this way: The movement controls for RE2 are the exact same as they are for RE4. Only thing that changed is the camera position.

President Evil on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yesterday I installed RE2: Dualshock Edition on my Vita.

I can't do it you guys. I really try so hard to make it work. I really do. I want to play this game. But I can't.

Game starts. Leon has a couple zombies behind him. I press the down direction on my DPad. He turns around and walks right into the loving arms of the zombies. What the hell.

How are these tank controls even playable? Character is facing downwards, I want him to move downwards, why doesn't he move in that direction when I push that direction on the pad?

My brain cannot compute what is going on here. Completely unplayable.

And now I officially feel old.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Back in my day all 3D games had tank controls, and our controllers only had two shoulder buttons and one analog stick! And we were thankful for it! We walked uphill in the snow to our item boxes, and we didn't have any of these fancy 'clouds' to backup our precious memory cards! Bah, kids these days...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    Yeah, Zero likes to put enemies in narrow corridors, so it's almost impossible to dodge them. There are also several enemies (hunters, leech men, monkeys) that can briefly stun-lock you and prevent you from even opening up the menu to heal, which I don't think ever happened in REmake.

Basically, Zero is just a bit "cheaper" in its difficulty.

I'm currently trying to get the Leech Hunter achievements, specifically the one for killing ALL enemies. It's pretty brutal.

Cheaper is actually a good way to describe the difficulty in Zero.

"Oh, you just fought a Tyrant and are now taking the elevator back up? Here's two Hunters out of nowhere to fuck with you!"

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    You say that. You say it's not that hard. But it's very hard.

Dude moves in the direction I'm pressing. That is what makes sense.

Get good

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    I feel I've earned some bragging rights.

Just beat normal mode in under 2 hours and 30 minutes with zero healing AND with Rebecca defeating all the bosses (except the centipede).

My secret? Infinite Magnum.

• Options
    Finally got a chance to start Resident Evil 0 HD last night. That game is fun so far. But man. Just like every RE game, and also a lot of Capcom games in general, the level design doesn't make any fucking sense. This is the most convoluted and nonsensical train ever.

Game is still fun though, even though the train is dumb. Like really dumb.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    It's a shame that the Train is one of the best parts of RE0. I'm okay with the next area, but anything after that is like "wut"?

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    It gets exciting again for a split second once you return to That Place.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Is that where That Dog is from?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Resident Evil 6 is coming to PS4 and One on March 29th

Resident Evil 5 is coming in the summer

Resident Evil 4 is coming in the fall

Yes, they are releasing in order from bad to good, instead of numerically

No, I don't know why

• Options
    Aw man I thought it was like an all-in-one bundle.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Aw man I thought it was like an all-in-one bundle.

I'm sure they will totally release them in a physical bundle once 4 hits, since that's exactly what they did with the remake and Zero

• Options
    They should give Mikami's neck a break. How many times has he had to cut off his own head with a chainsaw now?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    They should probably just go ahead and release Revelations 3. It's something I need. Right now.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Viskod wrote: »
    "Where do we go after Resident Evil 6?"
    "We start over."
    "You mean a reboot?"
    "No, I mean we release the series all over again from the beginning crappiest to the best."

Viskod on
  • Options
    "We start over."
    "You mean a reboot?"
    "No, I mean we release the series all over again from the beginning crappiest to the best."

I think they meant "from the best (REmake) to the not-the-best-but-not-bad (RE0) to the crappiest (RE6). Then better again."

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Are these ports getting any enhancements?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    "We start over."
    "You mean a reboot?"

I think they meant "from the best (REmake) to the not-the-best-but-not-bad (RE0) to the crappiest (RE6). Then better again."

Well I posted this in relation to Resident Evil 0 getting a remaster, Remake remaster had been out for awhile.

I do wonder if we'll get the Remake of RE2 before we even see anything for a Reboot of the series or Resident Evil 7. I honestly think they're going to reboot after RE2.

• Options
    So what's the deal with RE3? Nobody ever talks about it. Due to the tank controls, I am unable to play it. Is RE3 a likely candidate for an HD remaster after RE2 comes out in all of it's completely remade glory?

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    RE3 is a good game that added rng to item locations and Nemesis drops stuff when you kill him giving you incentive to fight or run. There's also the choice system which changes how the game flows. It also gave us the first Mercs mode but has kind of been overshadowed by 4 and the Nostalgia of 2.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    So what's the deal with RE3? Nobody ever talks about it. Due to the tank controls, I am unable to play it. Is RE3 a likely candidate for an HD remaster after RE2 comes out in all of it's completely remade glory?

It suffers from not being stuck in between RE2 (the best game in the series) and Code Veronica (the "next gen" RE) but it's still a good game. It was developed by a fairly young team within Capcom (the main team was working on RE4 which turned into Devil May Cry, while Code Veronica and RE Zero were outsourced), so they tried a few new things that the previous games didn't. This meant some refinements were introduced (180 degree spin and walking up and down stairs normally for the big ones), while they also experimented with a few other ideas too (branching paths throughout the game, ammo creation and dodging mechanic).

Capcom are clearly making an effort to get the entire series on current systems, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got a RE3make announcement once RE2make is out. Especially since it'll let them re-use the police station.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    RE3 is great but a lot more tense than the other RE games because of Nemesis. I'd be down for HD remakes of 2 and 3.

• Options
    I could definitely see them doing a Remaster of 3. It would just delay having to actually come up with something for 7, which Capcom probably wouldn't mind because I'd be willing to bet that they honestly have no idea what to do with the series now.

• Options
    So I'm watching Best Friends Play RE0, and noticed they're in a water treatment plant... is that the same one as in RE3? They mentioned going back to RE2 areas, but didn't seem to acknowledge this area. Or does Raccoon City have multiple water treatment plants? :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    So I'm watching Best Friends Play RE0, and noticed they're in a water treatment plant... is that the same one as in RE3? They mentioned going back to RE2 areas, but didn't seem to acknowledge this area. Or does Raccoon City have multiple water treatment plants? :P
    I thought the end area of RE3 was a waste treatment plant? I mean, I can't think of a logical, grounded, in-universe explanation for why a water treatment plant would have pipes full of acid and a giant electrical disintegration beam. OBVIOUSLY a waste treatment plant would need such things.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Well how else are you going to treat the waste?

• Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Well how else are you going to treat the waste?

Release it on current-gen platforms on March 29th

• Options
    I thought the end area of RE3 was a waste treatment plant? I mean, I can't think of a logical, grounded, in-universe explanation for why a water treatment plant would have pipes full of acid and a giant electrical disintegration beam. OBVIOUSLY a waste treatment plant would need such things.

There's a puzzle involving a water sample, figure it was along the lines of 'is this suitable for drinking'

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    And done. Wow RE0 kinda sucks! Very pretty, some neat gameplay ideas, kinda like a proto REV2. But hot damn is that story all about raising more questions than providing answers.

Really, all it does is make me excited for RE2make. That game with RE0 level production values? Unfffffff.

And don't even joke about doing RE3 too. That'd be the dream.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Hate to necro a thread, and I'm surprised no one else has posted in it recently since Capcom announced Resident Evil 7. But I'm not here to talk about RE7 because I'm way behind on my Resident Evils.

I just finished playing through RE4 on the PC. It's not the first time I've played through the game; I had it on Gamecube, but I sucked with aiming on using a controller and never finished it that way. Later I bought the Wii version and did far better and ended up playing through the game twice, as well as playing through Ada's mission and doing all the mercenaries modes.

I now have the itch to play through RE5. I've owned it for Xbox 360 for years and was going to play co-op with a friend of mine years ago, but we couldn't connect to each other for whatever reason, and I decided I didn't want to play it alone at the time and shelved it. I haven't tried playing it since.

I also have RE5 Gold on PSN thanks to PS+. I have a Playstation Move, and it's my understanding that I can play this version of RE5 with the Move controller in the same way as the Wii controls work. Is that correct? Would this be the best version for me to play? I read an old review that said the PS3 version doesn't perform as well as the 360 version, but I don't know if that holds true with the gold version.

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Have they talked about whether or not RE7's VR is exclusive to PSVR, or might it be compatible with the PC headsets as well?

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Dat logo

l15nxsqaxbywfee2ft4l.JPG

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    I mean if 7 is bad it's not that big of a deal. There has already been several bad RE games in a row. Pretty much everything that came out last generation, 5, 6, and I know some people like Revelations but it never did anything for me.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    The Demo for 7 was hella scary and has me hopeful Capcom realises what made the series good.

• Options
    I just want the survival back in survival horror.

I want to be more afraid of using bullets than the thing I'm shooting.

This discussion has been closed.