As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Heart of Thorns - first expansion announced! Release date betting pool started!

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Finally got my necro to 80 the other day. Do I just gamble on the gear caches with the lauriel vendor or should I just be running 1-10 fractals to get better gear?

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    exo is the best easily available. craft or buy via ah.... should be cheap.

ascended gear is a grind and you make it yourself.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    I found the easiest way to get exotic gear was running around with the zerg in Edge of the Mists and using badges of honor to buy gear off of the WvW vendors.

You have to fill your Back, Rings, Amulet, and Trinket slots elsewhere though. I'd suggest using Laurels for the Ascended Amulet.

• Options
    I hopped into edge of the mists yesterday and was just running around aimlessly. How the hell do you know where the zerg is? I sure as hell found the enemy zerg though, rather they found me and I was dead in about .0005 of a second. Fun, so I just hopped out and ran one of the 80 dungeons. The only gear I get from those is usually the same legendary helm everytime from the bonus chest at the end.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    You can usually look for the little blue triangle of the commander to figure out where they currently are. Sometimes you get lucky and can jump in just as their starting or regrouping at base.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Yeah, you can get good exotics easily from WvW vendors, but the caveat is that, for whatever reason, A.net decided that you cannot salvage that armour, so any runes etc. you put in will stay there until they finally accept there's no reason not to let people do it.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    I hopped into edge of the mists yesterday and was just running around aimlessly. How the hell do you know where the zerg is? I sure as hell found the enemy zerg though, rather they found me and I was dead in about .0005 of a second. Fun, so I just hopped out and ran one of the 80 dungeons. The only gear I get from those is usually the same legendary helm everytime from the bonus chest at the end.

Sounds like you're running story for your dungeons. You have to run exploreable to get tokens to buy armor.

• Options
    Yea I'm afraid to do explorable, since most group descriptions say they want people with experience.

― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    My plan is to do the story mode once and call that experience. I've only ever actually done one dungeon so far. D:

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    Yea I'm afraid to do explorable, since most group descriptions say they want people with experience.

Make your own run and say "newbies welcome". Then go to gw2dungeons.net so you have an idea of what to expect.

Or just get a guild group.

Kylindra on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Yeah, you can get good exotics easily from WvW vendors, but the caveat is that, for whatever reason, A.net decided that you cannot salvage that armour, so any runes etc. you put in will stay there until they finally accept there's no reason not to let people do it.

Why would they do that when you can buy an upgrade extractor for 250 gems?

Nevermind the fact that is only 1 sigil and a handful of infusions that would be worth what 250 gems in gold is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    The sPvP paths also reward dungeon tokens/weapons/armor

It's a slow process from my experience, but as something I enjoy doing anyways it's a nice added bonus.

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    dQgl0TP.jpg

Best caption by this Saturday wins a sparkle!

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    naengwen wrote: »
    dQgl0TP.jpg

The dastardly charr wanted ever so desperately to be a puppet master, but he forgot that humans needed bones to walk.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    The similarity of pose makes this easy.

"Look what I can do!"

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    dQgl0TP.jpg

"Anything you can do, I can do better! I can do anything better than you."

"No you ca-URK!"

"YES I CAN! YES I CAN! YES I CAN!"

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    No, no, no! Step, heel, step, step, TURN!

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    EDIT: Damnit wrong notify

Some more info coming out of Gamescon
    New trick consumable: Siege Disabler that disables enemy siege for 45 seconds and golems for 20 seconds. Cost of 10 supply and a 1200 range.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    EDIT: Damnit wrong notify

Some more info coming out of Gamescon
    New trick consumable: Siege Disabler that disables enemy siege for 45 seconds and golems for 20 seconds. Cost of 10 supply and a 1200 range.

Uh.... so now its even easier to turtle with less folks?

More input needed.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Sounds like it will work through doors?

Meaning scouts could meaningfully delay an attack even on a paper gate.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I wish they would somehow give some incentive to defenders. If this increases the ability to defend your objectives, one might hope they give more of a reason to do so. As it stands, you'd get more winning and losing big fights compared to actually defending (and killing an enemy to get credit) when running with the zerg.

Maybe they can do something as simple as reward dragonite ore, which I think was tougher to get in WvW compared to PvE?

• Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Well I just managed to complete the Goemm's Lab jumping puzzle. I won't mention how long it took me to do though ><

Muppetman on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    just a reminder, at 8pm EST I'll be getting some folks together for some wvw. No special events, just running around and killing people and taking objectives. What's not to like?

253J736.png
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    I should be around then. Haven't done WvW in forever.

• Options
    RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    dQgl0TP.jpg

"Anything you can do, I can do better! I can do anything better than you."

"No you ca-URK!"

"YES I CAN! YES I CAN! YES I CAN!"

I know I cannot get a sparkle but still want to add a caption.

"Run away!!!" (a la Monty Python "Killer Rabbit" scene)

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    dQgl0TP.jpg

"Me am play gods!"

#noteligibleforsparklesforbeingadirtyeuropean

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    dQgl0TP.jpg

"Me am play gods!"

#sparkleguilt

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Kylindra wrote: »
    Huggles wrote: »
    snip

"Me am play gods!"

#sparkleguilt

It's alright

You lot have sparkles

We have culture

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    "Sometimes, Larry, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion."

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    This is what happens when you use weapons with the Pirate skin.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    dQgl0TP.jpg

"Project Dapper is a success. Now that we possess the means to make a charr so stylish the very sight of whom will incapacitate any human, victory in any future conflict against the mice is all but assured.

Similar projects concerning Norn, Asura and Flame Legion are still in progress, but the Copper warband believes it's only a matter of time."

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    WvW was great fun this evening, sorry I couldn't stay longer!

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    yep, thanks for everyone who came for wuv. We had 9 I think at one point and were able to roll pretty well over maguuma's side of the map. Some damn good fights inside hills and around the NE tower as well. Shame SoS decided to bring their entire server back on us, but overall a good night full of fights.

253J736.png
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    dQgl0TP.jpg

"Charr need no gods... but I sure as hell can be yours!"

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Wooops I didn't see that there was a WvW thing going or I'd have come.

Siege disabler is interesting but 45 seconds is a damn long time. Though I assume it can be used offensively too? 45 secs of peace from arrow carts sure sounds nice...

• Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    dQgl0TP.jpg

"Magnum!"

kafziel on
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Pale Tree: A new Sylvari is awakening. I wonder, what will his name be…

Pale Tree: Wait, of course!

Pale Tree: Blazeit Weedman69!
    IhUhei0.png

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    WolveSight wrote: »
    yep, thanks for everyone who came for wuv. We had 9 I think at one point and were able to roll pretty well over maguuma's side of the map. Some damn good fights inside hills and around the NE tower as well. Shame SoS decided to bring their entire server back on us, but overall a good night full of fights.

I think twice we took out >10 SoS at a time based on organization along probably. Good times.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    OKAY GUYS SERIOUSLY

Unless you are desperate to get the Living Story backpiece, and I mean, it is literally everything you have ever wanted, forever

OR

You have an entire bank slot full of Bloodstone Dust, AFTER getting the Collection Expander AND converting as much as you can into bricks

You should sell off your Clay Pots and Plant Foods. Seriously.

I went from 25 gold to 125 gold in a week by farming trees and geodes for Plant Food and Clay Pots and then just selling that shit (note: it is ABSOLUTELY more profitable to sell the finished plant food, as far as I can tell, than selling the foxfire straight up) (last time I checked anyway)

Also, hey, people in GW2 with lots of money:

Is it better to just sit on your gold, or convert a certain amount of it into Gems for storage? Basically, which is the more stable currency in the long-term? Given the inflation inherently attached to gold, it feels like keeping at least SOME of my cash tied up in Gems might be wise?

*e*

Speaking of Edge of the Mists: if you have a serious overabundance of Elder Wood (like me) now is ALSO a fantastic time to farm for Spiritwood. Go to Edge of the Mists and just hit every damn tree there for the Soft, Seasoned, and Hard wood. You will probably lose the zerg multiple times, but you will also have hella mats. Edge of the Mists is a great place to do this as it has mostly those three log types and it's also a source of other goodies, like bags and EXP and Karma.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Long term it takes a while for gems to appreciate in value that much, and with ANets trend of deflating the economy I feel like its a risk to expect those prices to rise much more without another jubilee type event (though apparently Blix farming's a thing now). I think folks prefer trade materials that appreciate in value over time since the prices are matched up a little more closely, but I don't know what those are at the moment. Maybe t6 mats? Those prices still seem to be going up.

naengwen on
This discussion has been closed.