The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Auto-authenticate to a domain network share

SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!!Registered User regular
Howdy, folks. Hoping one of you can help me out with a network share issue I'm having.

I have a domain and three servers and NAS on it. The NAS has a network share that is password protected and uses Active Directory to authenticate. If I try to access the share from two of the three computers in an explorer window:

it works just fine. On the third server, however, it prompts me for a username and password. If I type in a user and password it connects just fine, however, I want it to auto-authenticate based on the AD user currently logged in. I am using the same AD user on all three servers, and only the one has a connection problem.

This is my first foray into Windows Server and AD, so I'm sure I have a setting wrong somewhere on the 3rd server, but I don't know what it is. I don't remember making any changes to that one server that I didn't make to the others, but apparently I did. Any help that you guys can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Does that server have permissions on the share and folder/files? Maybe it's a permissions thing, not an authentication thing?