Options

[WOW] 6.0 Out now! Blizzcon INC Nov 7+8!

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Monday nights LFRs are the worst. Try twice to get in and get Blackfuse for a shot at shoulders on my warlock. First attempt get in at Paragons and raid wipes several times on the trash afterward, falling apart finally on Garrosh after the shit-talking terribad tank finally gets kicked and the good tank decides to drop.

Drop out when a hunter gets bored and starts pulling Garrosh into the group.

An hour later get in to another one...and I'm staring at mantid trash again /facepalm.

This time Garrosh does go down but far too late to consider another hour long queue

(Fully aware that Monday night LFRs suck and should be avoided, just didn't have the time to run this one before then)

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Totally true
    But because my days off are Monday/Tuesday is one of the many reasons I gave up on the LFR and beg for a spot in a flex

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    OpenRaid.com is your savior. Lets you browse various Flex/Normal/Heroic events and sign up for them. Once you're approved you just log in at the designated time, get your invite, and away you go. There's even stuff for old raids, achievement runs, mount runs, etc.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    So, mage seems neat, never rolled one before. BUT I have this cute little water elemental pet now who helps me out.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU MUTE HIS ENVIRONMENTAL SOUND oh god my ears. All he ever does is gurgle CONSTANTLY while he is out.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Try unchecking Enable Pet Sounds in the sound menu.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I dunno if they ever actually put in a proper fix, but I remember making a blank sound file to replace his gurgle. It's either that, or the Unbound Elemental glyph removes the sound (I think?). You should get it anyway, he looks bitchin.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Mercade wrote: »
    yay thanks

other question:

So, I never actually played Wrath, so I never killed Arthas. With Cata out, etc, how is the Wrath content presented now? like a flashback or.. a time.. vortex.. or???

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »
    OpenRaid.com is your savior. Lets you browse various Flex/Normal/Heroic events and sign up for them. Once you're approved you just log in at the designated time, get your invite, and away you go. There's even stuff for old raids, achievement runs, mount runs, etc.

I know
    But the problem is most of the time I am not feeling like raiding
    thus I goof off with alts. But sadly I am hitting Cata and the rather liner leveling of Mists

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Mercade wrote: »
    yay thanks

other question:

So, I never actually played Wrath, so I never killed Arthas. With Cata out, etc, how is the Wrath content presented now? like a flashback or.. a time.. vortex.. or???

The same way "past" content was always presented. No explanation at all. Think doing burning steppes before doing the cauldron. The steppe quests refer to your accomplishments in the cauldron even though you haven't done it yet.

Cata plaguelands quest refer to your victory over lich king even though you haven't between to Northrend yet.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well that's kinda disappointing especially since the next expansion is all about going back in time or whatever

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hey lets have the WoD time travel debate again! :P

But yeah it's a goofy thing and they've outright admitted that it is just an oddity of the nature of quest creation and the leveling process, that they can't really avoid without some serious work each xpack (and after Cata learned that wasn't really where much of their focus should be, unless things are just stupid broken/bad like they were from vanilla questing).

The best way to think of it is when you do an xpacks content just pretend you're going back in time.

For what it is worth though, WoD isn't really a time travel story, more of an alternate dimension thingy. "Our" Azeroth will still have the same history, the same destroyed Draenor, etc. So this xpack shouldn't really dork with the timeline in that sense.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    Yea, the only time they have updated old content was for Cata. And it will probably be the only time they do. Especially after saying many many times that they won't update Outlands or Northrend.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    To be fair they've done that with other things too (player housing comes to mind, yet we got a taste of that with the farm and soon with the garrison).

In all honesty the main reason they won't do it is more likely the player response to the updates in Cata

Nobody on
  • Options
    I think they've said they'd like to do a few touchups for outlands (maybe even said they're gonna do it with WoD?) but nothing even resembling an overhaul. Just fix some inconsistencies and breadcrumbs or somesuch.

• Options
    Really I think the whole WOD time travel thing should be the Dreadlords like Varimathras and Mal'ganis.
    because obviously the first trick by the burning legion did not really work but the Orcs were good shock troops so why not take a different angle
    Alas this probably will not be the route they take

• Options
    pawa24 wrote: »
    Yea, the only time they have updated old content was for Cata. And it will probably be the only time they do. Especially after saying many many times that they won't update Outlands or Northrend.
    huh, i guess I assumed people liked the redone content, did people not actually like what Cata did?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    [
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Really I think the whole WOD time travel thing should be the Dreadlords like Varimathras and Mal'ganis.
    because obviously the first trick by the burning legion did not really work but the Orcs were good shock troops so why not take a different angle
    Alas this probably will not be the route they take

What do you mean?

The dread lords going back in time...or something?

We already know a bronze dragon assists garrosh in going back in time, and I assume the moment he did it became an alternate timeline. The horde in that timeline reject the legions offer and form the iron horde.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Cool.

I hope they do more of this with some of the more popular older equipment:
    bulwarkHDC.jpg

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    pawa24 wrote: »
    huh, i guess I assumed people liked the redone content, did people not actually like what Cata did?

People were upset that there weren't more zones from 80-85, and felt that the updated zones had pulled resources from that.

The new zones were great if you were just starting out or leveling an alt (or curious on some lore updates), but Blizzard had really started pushing a "Play Your Main" play style as a pushback from alt-friendly WotLK

• Options
    The only Cata zones that were decent were Hyjal, Deepholm and Twilight Highlands. Uldum was just one big Indiana Jones joke and Vash'jir was hell for non-ranged while also managing to somehow completely forget about Neptulon. Also known as one of the four Elemental Lords. Also known as those guys who have total command over their element, with two of them being raid bosses. They're major lore characters and yet the last we see of Neptulon is him getting kidnapped by an octopus. That's it. Therazane is the ruler of Deepholm and has been shown to possess immense strength, Al'akir rules over the Throne of the Four Winds and buried a major Tol'vir city with a sandstorm, Ragnaros himself assaulted Mt. Hyjal again and was rallying the Firelands for war, and Neptulon got kidnapped by an octopus in his own home plane. That's Aquaman levels of useless.

• Options
    Whenever blizzard does anything at all the same wankers pop up angry that whatever team was assigned to it wasn't working on there personal preferred features list. It didn't seem much more "outrage" then that to me.

• Options
    To be fair, Neptulon wasn't forgotten in Vashj'ir (or even Throne of Tides), His storyline went into limbo when they dropped the raid that was supposed to happen since they were afraid of doing a "Waterlands" raid at the same time as Firelands

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    tbh i'm fine with that plotline being abandoned as long as it's resolved when the naga actually come back into the picture

the story of vashj'ir is the story of the naga launching a successful military campaign and then pissing off back into the depths to do whatever their nefarious plans are, and they haven't been seen since

and that is a fine story to leave hanging as long as it doesn't sit there hanging forever

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm curious what they will do with the Naga stuff; it's a really important part of WoW lore, but with how unpopular Vash'jir was it would be hard for them to do anything underwater. It would also be weird for them to do Naga stuff and not have a good amount of it be underwater.

Maybe they'll do a cop-out and make some 'spell' that makes you walk on the ground underwater and it'd just end up being a purely aesthetic thing you were underwater.

Actually, I'm sure that's what they'll do, and just spice it up with bits of 360 movement here and there.

Hrm.

• Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    Cata had so much potential that it never lived up to. They wanted to change stuff from Wrath and they did. They just forgot to listen to us. Cata will go down as the worst xpac if only because of that.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    The worst part was that Vashj'ir wasn't even that bad (and I did it the first time as melee).

My only real complaints about it involve the fact that they put the Earthen Ring quartermaster there when there were virtually no quests for their rep, and that you HAD to do half of Hyjal to open up the Firelands daily zone, which mean that there was no point in doing Vashj'ir since they were intended for the same level

EDIT: oh yeah, the much publicized issue with the submarine quests didn't help either

Nobody on
  • Options
    Vash'jir was a whole lot of nothing but water. Emptiness all around.

• Options
    I've said before, but Vash was far and away my favorite Cata zone.

I did it on every class and the only one I had any issue with was Mage, because I was fire at the time and spreading dot's were weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :rotate:

• Options
    If you swam out into the ocean...If anything I thought there were far to many mobs. If you weren't in one of the caves you'd have a mob or two chewing on you in seconds...most of the caves were periodically attacked as well.

I quite enjoyed it myself. It was different.

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Vash'jir was a whole lot of nothing but water. Emptiness all around.

The kelp forest zone of Vash'jir is one of the best looking zones in the game and is packed with stuff. The only way you're seeing nothing but emptiness is if you're swimming waaay above everything. If you stay at ground level it's just like any other zone.

Admittedly, the last third of the zone (abyssal depths) gets barren in places, but it fits the feel of that section.

• Options
    That's just the first part. Then there's the entire rest of the zone where you're going into the same giant shell creatures, into multiple barren caves, and the storyline just meanders all around without coming to a decent conclusion.

I pick Hyjal every time because of that last one. In Hyjal it's all about pushing back a superior force a little bit at a time while everything is on fire until there's an opening to strike back hard. Vash'jir is swimming around and then nagas and also Faceless Ones for some reason that's not explained oh and Budd is here too.

• Options
    You clear out a few caves that are then populated, I can only think of one giant creature you quest inside and I thought that was really impressive...the naga and the old god beneath the ocean have been allys since before WoW It certainly comes up while questing there and the newer cata leveling.

Sounds like I played in a different vash'jir to you.

• Options
    Maybe. I went through Vash'jir once and was so bored by the experience that I never set foot in there again since the beginning of Cata outside of a couple quick trips to get Elder Coins and bonfires.

In other news, made up a list of a "couple" (117) mounts I still need to get that I think I can get. I left off TCG/Blizzard store ones and haven't gone through to organize them yet. I'll be putting them in categories like raid drops, reputation, etc.

• Options
    Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    got a 90 of every class except druid or monk
    heirloom agility polearm drops
    -.-
    guess i'll level that 50 monk further tomorrow ^^

also first kill of siegecrafter, some 150 wipes for me some 170 for the guild overall I think, really happy he died, don't think we will get garrosh before wod but still, 12/14HC is quite okayish I would say

• Options
    Acharenus wrote: »
    You clear out a few caves that are then populated, I can only think of one giant creature you quest inside and I thought that was really impressive...the naga and the old god beneath the ocean have been allys since before WoW It certainly comes up while questing there and the newer cata leveling.

There are actually two giant mollusks, one is still alive and you help it rebel against the Naga, the other is long dead.

I think there's there's there's technically a third but you don't go inside that one (you just kill tentacles underneath it)

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Acharenus wrote: »

There are actually two giant mollusks, one is still alive and you help it rebel against the Naga, the other is long dead.

I think there's there's there's technically a third but you don't go inside that one (you just kill tentacles underneath it)

The first one you help against the Naga.

The second one dies as you quest in it (I believe that one may have the tentacles).

There was a third one that was intended to be part of the Throne of Tides raid as an enemy, but obviously never happened.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Troll model preview

cfoQyBJ.jpg

FjMtHAp.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Huh. I can't precisely put my finger on why, but I'm kinda disappointed by those.

The female is definitely improved, but the male, for the most part, seems to be barely changed.

I'm sure the facial animations will be good, but aside from a bit of increased polygons on the fingers and toes, everything else just looks like texture work.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Someone pointed out that female trolls have a toenail on their heel, and now I can't stop staring at it.

It was on the old model too.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    OMG...thanks, now I can't stop either.

This discussion has been closed.