As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] 6.0 Out now! Blizzcon INC Nov 7+8!

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Once again, Blizz really knows how to put a cinematic together..... telling a coherent story, that's another thing altogether.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I did find it funny that Grom was in the exact same position after killing Mannoroth that was he was in WC3, except this time Garrosh just kinda jump on him to get him out of the way.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ

Cinematic for those that missed it.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    But I liked jolly fun time. It was so nice entering an expansion and the status quo was not "World's ending and we're all fucked." It was a couple mild skirmishes, Horde and Alliance being assholes, and some laidback questing. Then Theramore gets wiped from existence, the Thunder King is back, and Garrosh decides to eat the heart of an Old God so whoops back to SUPER SERIOUS.

Just felt a lot more personal I guess in the beginning of Mists. I was an unknown hero arrived in a strange land with people who could use a bit of help. Nothing ground-shattering or apocalyptic. I helped some pandas gather their pigs, build a jade statue intended to become a new god (what happened afterwards is NOT my fault!), and just be a typical hero off the clock.

• Options
    What's funny about Jade Forest, is that the fact that despite what I did to help contribute to that disaster, I felt worse because neither Cho, nor Yu'lon, nor anyone actually went out and blamed me/my faction. Had they all gone Taran Zhu on me, constantly saying "Remember that time you guys broke a jade statue, 100 years in the making and released the Sha of Doubt?" I would have just chalked it up to whiny hippies. But the fact that the Celestials decided to give us another chance made me double down and try to make the world a better place.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Well, one of the themes of MISTS turned out to be, "Taran Zhu is full of crap, don't listen to him."

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Except Taran Zhu was pretty much correct about everything? We (especially the Horde) basically fucked up everything, including one of their most sacred lands.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I always felt bad when Taran Zhu went on a rant because he was always technically right.

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Taran Zhu was vindicated by being awesome when he squared off against Garry. "And where is your father now?"

Although, he was mortally wounded like four times across different quest events/dungeons, etc.

Samphis on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I actually liked the themes of two superpowers exploiting a new land and its natives to try and gain an advantage in their petty war. For WoW, it came very close to being a pretty subtle commentary on the Cold War and how both sides fucked up other countries in the pursuit of winning an ideological pissing match.

...until like 6.2 where we go fight trolls again. And then Garrosh hijacks the narrative as Orc Hitler and all that subtext of imperialism fades into the background..

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Except Taran Zhu was pretty much correct about everything? We (especially the Horde) basically fucked up everything, including one of their most sacred lands.

Except the whole flying around being filled with hatred and distrust of everyone he met and being possessed by a sha of anger along with most of his order...he wasn't really right about those things.

• Options
    Don't get me wrong, Taran Zhu is absolutely correct. We fucked up the Jade Forest, like he knew we would. We fucked up the Vale, like he said we would. It's just that he so damn pissy about it. He's totally unlike any pandarian you come across, angry, accusatory, and downright bitchy. Nearly every other pandarian is calm, collected, and polite. Sure, he may have been infested with the Sha, but afterwards, he only mellows out for a little bit, then goes right back to banging his drum about OUTSIDER RACE WAR.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Well yes, that was the point. For all of Zhu's ranting, it turned out he was a big part of the problem and the Horde/Alliance intervention was necessary to solve it. This became more and more obvious the deeper the players penetrated into the storyline.

• Options
    Fourteen months of SoO all told. /sigh

• Options
    RaziyaRaziya An Scrub VermontRegistered User regular
    Samphis wrote: »

So long between raids. :\ Was really hoping this would be addressed.

156594_03fef74545a6b3c8.png
    Current obsession: Overwatch Battle.net: Raziya#1552
  • Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, Taran Zhu is absolutely correct. We fucked up the Jade Forest, like he knew we would. We fucked up the Vale, like he said we would. It's just that he so damn pissy about it. He's totally unlike any pandarian you come across, angry, accusatory, and downright bitchy. Nearly every other pandarian is calm, collected, and polite. Sure, he may have been infested with the Sha, but afterwards, he only mellows out for a little bit, then goes right back to banging his drum about OUTSIDER RACE WAR.

To be fair this is explained in-game. The Shado-Pan are comprised of those pandas who are not laidback and mellow. They are the ones who have the capacity for violence, whose emotions run deep and wild. They're in the Shado-Pan because they are different from the ordinary panda, and they're the ones who fight back against the Mantid and Yaungol because no one else can.

So Taran Zhu being an antagonistic asshole is perfectly in line with the Shado-Pan.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Taran Zhu was not possessed by the Sha until after Jade Forest at least (there's some confusion on the storyline here, since it's suggested the monastery was possessed during Kun-Lai but the Sha was being chased by Taran Zhu & company all throughout Townlong Steppes (which happens afterward))

Nobody on
  • Options

Don't look at me, I'm over here on my newly boosted Warlock, farming Peacebloom.

Peacebloom.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Also means 6.0 is about two months away still, as they said some months ago that we've got about a month of 6.0 before the expansion drops.

So. Plenty of time to finish up challenge modes and kill Garrosh over and over and over and over and over and over and over
    Nah, I'm not gonna do it. You get the idea though.

• Options
    Fairchild wrote: »

Don't look at me, I'm over here on my newly boosted Warlock, farming Peacebloom.

Peacebloom.

Is Peacebloom that expensive on your server to not just buy it?

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular

Apparently the anniversary LFR and such is for level 100 players, but it will be available for "a while".

• Options
    They said they'll be announcing season end dates for PVP and CMs Soon (tm). Probably today, though.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Peacebloom.

I need to skill up the Herbalism anyway.

• Options
    Level 100 Ragnaros LFR when people will still be in mostly greens and some blues.

This is going to be spectacular to watch in much the same fashion as a trainwreck.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ok let me sum up and make sure I'm right.

Grom (from MoP) goes back in time/alternate reality and prevents the orcs from ever becoming corrupted (apparently by being a power behind the throne to his father). However, the orcs are still ultra violent and still make war on the dranei (sp?), and intend to build a portal to come into alternate reality Azeroth and conquer it?

• Options

Peacebloom.

Pandaria herbs can be gathered at any skill level with varying yields depending on how high it is. So you'll get things like Green Tea Leaf Bits and if you combine ten of them you get a Green Tea Leaf. So you don't need to skill up Herbalism outside of Pandaland.

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    I'm starting to get worried about getting the challenge modes in time. My guild has too many people with jobs and lives to field a regular CM run and the past few days I've been hitting oq and open raid trying to get a group and so far I have nothing.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    Bigity wrote: »

Grom (from MoP) goes back in time/alternate reality and prevents the orcs from ever becoming corrupted (apparently by being a power behind the throne to his father). However, the orcs are still ultra violent and still make war on the dranei (sp?), and intend to build a portal to come into alternate reality Azeroth and conquer it?

A bronze dragon helps him, they're planning on invading our reality.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    And the uncorrupted orcs just want to fight because hey, why not? My WC lore is 95 percent forgotten.

• Options
    Yeah basically right now Blizzard is confirming that Orcs just want to kill everybody whenever they aren't being led by a human raised Orc.

I don't think they see the problem with this

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

Acharenus wrote: »

I bailed out during Cataclysm. Will the Horde of Azeroth Prime be resisting or assisting this invasion?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    The orcs attacked the Draenei before Gul'dan offered the demon blood. Kil'jaeden tricked Ner'zhul into thinking the Draenei were going to attack. Once Ner'zhul figured it out, he was replaced by Gul'dan who tricked them into drinking the blood before their attack on Shattrath. I guess they wanted to fight more? I'm not really sure why they'd go through the whole invasion thing again. They aren't high on bloodlust, so they don't really need to.

• Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Acharenus wrote: »

I bailed out during Cataclysm. Will the Horde of Azeroth Prime be resisting or assisting this invasion?

Resisting.

• Options
    edited August 2014

Peacebloom.

Pandaria herbs can be gathered at any skill level with varying yields depending on how high it is. So you'll get things like Green Tea Leaf Bits and if you combine ten of them you get a Green Tea Leaf. So you don't need to skill up Herbalism outside of Pandaland.

True, but it's easy to farm up low-level herbs as a 90 cuz the mobs don't notice you and it allows me to do other things like tag Flight Points. I'm skilling up Inscription, so I need the various inks.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Durotan is also not part of the Iron Horde and is off doing his own thing (presumably so we can get an entire storyline about him and Thrall, because we all want more Thrall).

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Yeah basically right now Blizzard is confirming that Orcs just want to kill everybody whenever they aren't being led by a human raised Orc.

I don't think they see the problem with this

My suspicion is that a large part of the players' purpose in WARLORDS will be convincing the un-corrupted Orcs that mindless aggression is not the answer.

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Durotan is also not part of the Iron Horde and is off doing his own thing (presumably so we can get an entire storyline about him and Thrall, because we all want more Thrall).

Watched a livestream not long ago, the horde do a lot of stuff with durotan straight off the bat.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    FYI there is a CE preorder on amazon. not at home so I can't see if it actually has contents but I put in my order anyway

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ah man, I didn't even think about them making the 10th anniversary raid require level 100 (of course, I also didn't think they'd get the expansion out before the 10th anniversary).

That sucks, I was just planning on resubbing for a month to get the anniversary goodies and then not buying the expansion until sometime next year since WoD is not very appealing to me at all (and they raised the price to boot).

Lars on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    The orcs attacked the Draenei before Gul'dan offered the demon blood. Kil'jaeden tricked Ner'zhul into thinking the Draenei were going to attack. Once Ner'zhul figured it out, he was replaced by Gul'dan who tricked them into drinking the blood before their attack on Shattrath. I guess they wanted to fight more? I'm not really sure why they'd go through the whole invasion thing again. They aren't high on bloodlust, so they don't really need to.

orcs are shitty people

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.