As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Robin Williams has died

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    And 'm sorry but I have nobody to talk to.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Fyndir
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I am giving you the biggest hug I can from here. I am so sorry for your loss. Truly I am.

No I don't.
    Lord PalingtonOdinTankHammerSkeithChicoBlueGoatmonchromdomWeedLordVegetaFyndirAngelinaAbsurdPropositionceresOne Thousand CablesMoth 13TamNightDragonKaplarSCREECH OF THE FARGJimothyUsagiSweeney TomBarcardinumber13The BetgirlKetBraArdolLiiyaEvigilantDarth WaiterXaquinDarth_MogsCimmeriijgeisVeldrinfightinfilipinoRomanian My EscutcheonWheatBun01JoolanderDimosar
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    From how the story sounds, you couldn't have done more. You did your best. You tried, and that is all that could be expected out of anyone. It is not your fault.

Lord PalingtonOdinSkeithChicoBlueGoatmonchromdomFyndirAbsurdPropositionceresOne Thousand CablesTamNightDragonKaplarUsagiSweeney Tomnumber13The BetgirlArdolDarth WaiterCimmeriijgeisVeldrinfightinfilipinoRomanian My EscutcheonWheatBun01Joolander
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm so sorry, dude. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, it sounds like my worst nightmare. Don't feel bad about posting about it, you definitely need to talk to people right now.

Lord PalingtonchromdomFyndirOne Thousand CablesTamArdol
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I don't know you and you don't know me, but there are some great people on this forum, and I'm sure there are some great people in your life who wish the best for you and will be there to listen.

As you're going through this, remember that there is no wrong way to grieve. Let yourself cry if you need to, and don't feel guilty if the tears don't come.

You'll get through this. It's rough, and it won't be easy, but you will.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    GoatmonArdolBarcardi
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I need to be strong for my mom. She's been breaking down and I've had to help take care of her. But I keep replaying every scene in my head and it's killing me.

And thanks.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Say anything you feel like, dude. My old man passed away last year and talking about it here was a huge help for me

Stay strong

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I've spent the last few minutes trying to think of the right thing to say here, but I really don't know.

That's just completely fucked, and I'm really sorry for what happened to your Dad.

You guys are gonna be okay.

It's not gonna feel okay, and probably won't for a long time, but that's just how it goes when this shit happens.

And I know you feel you have to be strong now, but you're in pain too and it's good that you're talking to us about it.

We'll be here for you as long as you need it.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Centipede DamascusOdinFyndirArdolCimmeriiVeldrinRomanian My EscutcheonWheatBun01
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    God damn Val. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I can only imagine what you're feeling.

It sounds like you did all you could, though I understand if that's little consolation. Wish I could give you a hug.

FyndirCentipede DamascusGoatmonSassoriOdinArdolVeldrinRomanian My Escutcheon
    Just saw Honest Trailers' newest vid.

Note the quotes at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHyk2ESFCI

TankHammer
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Val, bud, I can't even imagine....

I'm sorry I can't be there in person. For all the times I would have loved to have met you, had a drink, played videogames, joked around, they all pale to the wish I have now to grab your hand and pull you into the biggest manhug and let you know that it's going to be alright. And I wouldn't let go until I felt you knew I mean it.

But I can't be there; I'm here. We're all here. For whatever strength we can give you, whatever you need from us that we're able to give, we're all here. If you need to be strong for your family, we'll help as best we can. You do what you can to carry them, and we'll do what we can to carry you. Because that's what friends are for.

It's not much, in a way, but at the same time, I hope it can be everything. Kia kaha, brother.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    GoatmonAbsurdPropositionCentipede DamascuschromdomOdin
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I haven't enjoyed any of honest trailers's stuff

TheStigBarcardigtrmp
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Did Richard Attenborough just die? I've only got Twitter's word for it

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I know this probably isn't the thread for it, so please, mods, move it to the appropriate place for me, but I can't think straight right now.

I was gonna do stuff this weekend. And I've been lazy. Just hadn't felt like doing anything since I hurt my shoulder and my kids had to leave. And then tonight, my dad called me from the kitchen and before I couldn't get in there he had collapsed. I tried chest compressions and rescue breathing and I could get him breathing. By the time the ambulance finally got there after driving by the house 3 times, he hadn't been breathing for about 7 minutes. I've never worked so hard at something and failed so miserably.

I've dealt with depression a lot. Last night I downloaded and played Depression Quest and I could see so much of it in me. And now this. I was already feeling down and unproductive because of my kids leaving to go back home, now I just want to...

I just feel like I could have done more to help my dad, and not watched him die in my arms like that. Hell, putting it like that sounds so dramatic. At first it was like he was breathing, but he has sleep apnea, so I was trying to get him up so he could breathe better, and it was like he was snoring, but he was unresponsive, and then he stopped breathing altogether and cracked his ribs three times. I hea f

ANd all I want to d is cry.,

Hugs, pm me if you need someone to pm, I am literally in this current situation. I also kept meaning to ask if we could have a mental health thread as between some recent posts here and in feminism thread we could probably use one for a bit. ( Mental Health and Feminism I still say should be autorecyclers but that's a diff battle I don't feel like getting into)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    valhalla130
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Its a hoax.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/richard-attenborough/deathhoax.html

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

Its a hoax.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/richard-attenborough/deathhoax.html

P.S. the clickbait on that one from google is amazing.

UU4APWt.jpg

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Honest trailers, how it should have ended, and literal E3 trailers are all in the same unfunny hole for me

The worst

exist
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    John Hammond, nooooo :(

hammond_1.png

90's a pretty good run, and I think he'd been ill for a while? Still sad.

GoatmontynicchromdomSnicketysnickNightDragonFyndirCentipede DamascusEtchwartsOdinSkeithGennenalyse RuebenZonugalTankHammerfightinfilipinomasterofmetroid
    And poor David

tynicSnicketysnickSkeithUsagiZonugal
    Just an awful year for Spielberg stars

That's the first of the main Jurassic Park cast to die. I actually feel a bit shaken. That Achewood comic was right.

tynicFyndir
    Spared no expense. :(

Brovid HasselsmofJoolander
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Well, shit

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    RIP

J3qcnBP.png
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    fuuuuuuuuuu

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

fuck...

I felt so safe when I saw the hoax stuff. D:

• DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    I know what I'm watching tonight

august
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    "Geez, how can this month get worse?"

"So...Santa Claus died."

YL9WnCY.png
    Did he ever play Santa Claus? He seems like a great fit

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Miracle on 34th street with Mara Williams, I believe.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    SassoriZonugalDarth Waiter
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    He did the 90s remake, yeah. I don't think it's highly regarded, but my mom loves both it and the original so we watch it just about every year.

YL9WnCY.png
    Things ar pretty bad here. My mom and I have tried to keep busy? We got about three hours of sleep last night. I have not PTO left for the year so all I get are three days funeral leave.we are waiting until my brother gets back from Afghanistan, so I will probably need to work for two days at my call center job. I'll find out about it tomorrow.

I can't walk into my kitchen without seeing my dad there. But I'm going To have to take care of my mom now. And I don.'t feel up to that task

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    sarukunCentipede DamascusHeadCreepschromdomceresKetBraFyndirtynicArdolHermanoSkeithAngelinaDarth WaiterfightinfilipinoOne Thousand CablesThe BetgirlRomanian My Escutcheon
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Mara Wilson* She was in Ms. Doubtfire, too. I remember reading about how she would absolutely never do a Doubtfire sequel last month.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Things ar pretty bad here. My mom and I have tried to keep busy? We got about three hours of sleep last night. I have not PTO left for the year so all I get are three days funeral leave.we are waiting until my brother gets back from Afghanistan, so I will probably need to work for two days at my call center job. I'll find out about it tomorrow.

I can't walk into my kitchen without seeing my dad there. But I'm going To have to take care of my mom now. And I don.'t feel up to that task

Just do what you have to do when you feel up for it, and don't be afraid to feel the things you need to feel.

And any time you need to vent or just know there is someone around to listen, that's what we are here for.

Don't be afraid to seek a professional to help you work through your feelings. Losing anybody is hard, especially in the circumstances you have, and while the financial impact can seem daunting, there really is no substitute for professional guidance through a crisis like this.

Good luck, man. I genuinely wish there was more I could do, but at least know that there are a large number of friends here to listen when the need arises, at whatever hour.

8406wWN.png
    AthenorBlake TtynicCentipede DamascusDarth_MogsVivixenneSkeithAngelinaPsykomaSassoriDarth WaiterThe BetgirlUsagiRomanian My EscutcheonWheatBun01
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Huh, Suge Knight got shot. Apparently the shooter was aiming at Chris Brown and Justin Beiber, but they missed and hit Suge and three other people.

knitdan
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I have no idea what to say to that sentence

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    TheStigknitdanSorceBarcardiCentipede DamascusDarth_MogsSkeithSassoriZonugalDarth WaiterJayKaostynicTankHammerNeoTomaThe BetgirlYaYaTheySlashThemUsagiGoatmonEmporiumGoose!WheatBun01MulysaSemproniusDimosarSweeney Tom
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Val, understand that you did everything you could for him. What you're feeling is very common for emergency response people in similar situations.

The reality is you were there and you administered first aid within a reasonable time frame. There is literally nothing else you could have done. Now, I don't believe in afterlife, but I'm sure your old boy would be glad that he had you there, doing your damnedest. As much as it fucking sucks to have to admit it, there is often nothing we can do to help.

Take comfort from the fact that if there was a chance he'd make it, you provided it.

It's great that you're there to help your mum, but just realise that you're allowed to hurt too. She will understand this. On a related note, you are not alone in that you have us. There will always be someone around who will listen to you. I repeat, you are not alone. I will echo the advice already given that if you are struggling to cope (and ain't nobody on this earth who would blame you) go and talk to a professional if you can

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Death of RatsArdolSkeithvalhalla130
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I don't know how to phrase this.

You did everything right. And in his final moments your dad saw that you love him. And he saw that you'll do right by your mother. And he saw that you're strong and that you'll be able to get through this.

I hope you can find some small comfort in that. While I can't speak for anyone else, I do know that I hope whenever I go I know my loved ones will be ok. And you gave him that.

Again, I am so sorry this happened. And it'll be dark for a while. And that's ok. No matter what it's ok to not know how to feel right now. Just remember that while you're there for your mom, she's also there for you through this. There's absolutely no shame in lifting eachother up instead of one trying to be strong for the other.

If there's anything you need, just let us all know. Someone to talk to or anything else.

No I don't.
    Centipede DamascusSkeithchromdomGoatmon