As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Robin Williams has died

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Whenever I see a man putting on a dress to the song "Dude Looks Like a Lady" I'll think of you.

Stilts
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    This is so weird.

Langly
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35YHvoNXxAA

just gonna keep posting good Robin Williams things

CYpGAPn.png
    The JudgeShadowfireAnialosStiltsDarth WaiterJoolanderLord_SnotfightinfilipinoBrovid HasselsmofEtiowsaWeedLordVegetaMadEddyxenardLord_AsmodeusRomanian My EscutcheonErin The RedMatevArdolAngelinaSkeithFyndirSyphyreOdinmRahmanipookaHades
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    holy shit

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Jesus, just heard the news and in shock.

And he killed himself due to depression?!

My mind can't comprehend this.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Someone just told me about this and at my reaction was: "Wait, who? Either you or I must be getting a name mixed up here because what you just said can't be true."

Zibblsnrt
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I am sooooo incredibly saddened by this.

This is probably the first actor/actress that's died who has really been a part of my life since I was really young and watching movies like Hook or Mrs. Doubtfire.

This is so awful. :(

ceres
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Williams had a long history with depression.

tynicSassoriSweeney TomDarth WaiterZonugalTheySlashThemWeedLordVegetaSkeithpooka
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooodnight Vietnaaaaaaaaaam

:frowning:

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »

It is my understanding that Robin struggled with depression for much of his life

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    NightDragonBlankZoetynicBeastehDarth WaiterZonugal
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    im crying

this is the first celeb death thats gutpunched me

UnbrokenEvaNightDragonZilla360jgeisGarlic BreadPsykomaKetBraKevin CristDversedWeedLordVegetaXaquinLord_AsmodeusVivixenneSkeith
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Robin Williams was one of those "one day I will live in a world without them and that will suck" and now it's here.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    NightDragonZilla360One Thousand CablesadmanbSegzerzhulCurly_BracenukaRainfallTankHammerVivixenneTcheldorRomanian My EscutcheonErin The RedSkeith
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular

It is my understanding that Robin struggled with depression for much of his life

Didn't know until this.

Suddenly his career as a comedian and attempts to make people laugh explains so much.

ZibblsnrtErin The Red
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Was actually feeling ok tonight for once, fuck this

PSN- AHermano
    Brovid Hasselsmof
  • BubbyBubby Registered User regular

I also had no idea. I knew he had a drug problem when he was younger but I thought it was under control. Depression, though... He was universally beloved and had kids. I guess Depression doesn't care.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I just found this on YouTube

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LsIh5z7oYyY

I loved this as a kid.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I hadn't even realized that he had checked himself in rehab again recently (though it appears it was not because he starting drinking again.)

It's such a shame especially because he seemed to recognize that things were wrong.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I went paintballing with him and his kids, once.

He called me Camo Man, because I was a dorky kid clad entirely in surplus army camo.

This fucking sucks.

SassoriNightDragonjgeisTallahasseerielGoose!cabsyPsykomaStiltsadmanbDarth WaiterJoolanderShadowfirevegeta_666Lord_SnotTheySlashThemNeoTomazerzhulRaijin QuickfootDarth_MogsLost CanuckBahamutZEROJayKaosMadEddyKharnorRainfallCentipede DamascusLord_AsmodeusTankHammerUsagiIloveslimesRomanian My EscutcheonErin The RedPeter EbelOdinMatevArdolAngelinaSkeithSnicketysnickEtchwartsjoshofalltradesSyphyreCambiata
    I actually met the dude once, like, super briefly

He was doing Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo a few years ago in NYC, his performance was fantastic

we did the normal GET AUTOGRAPHS thing and after a brief run-in with George Lucas, he showed up signed a few and thanked us for coming

then he noticed there was a group of sailors in the back (it was fleet week) and he demanded everyone step back so they could come up and he signed every single one of their programs, shook all of their hands and thanked them for their service

he was a class fucking act

CYpGAPn.png
    miscellaneousinsanityStiltsEvigilantDarth WaiterJoolanderShadowfirefightinfilipinoSlacker71WeedLordVegetazerzhulCurly_BracenukaBahamutZEROMadEddyRainfallCentipede DamascusLord_AsmodeusTankHammerZonugalFig-DVivixenneAbsurdPropositionUsagiIloveslimesMoth 13Romanian My EscutcheonErin The RedDevlin_DragonusOdinMatevArdolAngelinaFalxSkeithSnicketysnickdarleysamFyndirjoshofalltradesSyphyrepookaOfficer 1BDICambiata
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    God, this is awful, I don't know what to say.

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Robin Williams was the best.
    Goodnight sweet prince.

Ov3rcharge on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed, life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world.

Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up."

Man bursts into tears. "But doctor", he says, "I am Pagliacci".

Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    BubbytynicBlankZoeZilla360LegacyNothingcabsyAnialosOne Thousand CablesDer Waffle MousSweeney TomMorivethadmanbjgeisDarth WaiterShadowfireTrueHereticXLord_SnotBrovid HasselsmofWeedLordVegetaXaquinNeoTomaDarth_MogsnukaBahamutZEROMadEddyKharnortapeslingerCentipede DamascusLord_AsmodeusTankHammerZonugalFig-DVivixenneUsagiTcheldoragoajAssuranIloveslimesRomanian My EscutcheonsarukunTrippyJingErin The RedOdinMoth 13MatevArdolAngelinaTaskmanSkeithSorcedarleysamFyndirSyphyrepookaSeriouslyDrCongo
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    "I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed, life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears."But doctor" He says, "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains."

Fuck depression. RIP...

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    Fishman
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Holy hell

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I remember my friends in university quoted Robin Williams Live on Broadway so much that when I watched it for myself I knew every punchline in advance. He was really talented and had so much energy.

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Damnit. This sucks.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I mean, if there were a thread to get ghosted on a joke in, it'd be this one I suppose

BlankZoeLegacytynicNeoTomaZonugalSkeith
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no no!!! :(

NH844lc.png | PSN | GACSALB.jpg My Blog |🏳️‍⚧️♥️
    Joolander
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Aw hell naw

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Ugh

UGH

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grVzHu-_LcU

This was my favorite song from my favorite Disney movie.

SassoriBeastehOv3rchargedarunia106Zilla360DversedVivixenne
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I memorized that song when I was a kid.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
    The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
    The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
    While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
    But O heart! heart! heart!
    O the bleeding drops of red,
    Where on the deck my Captain lies,
    Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
    Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills,
    For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding,
    For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
    Here Captain! dear father!
    The arm beneath your head!
    It is some dream that on the deck,
    You’ve fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
    My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,
    The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
    From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
    Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
    But I with mournful tread,
    Walk the deck my Captain lies,
    Fallen cold and dead.

ChincymcchillaLegacySixshotStrikerAnialosQuothZilla360UnbreakableVowVeldrinmiscellaneousinsanityUnbrokenEvaMetzger MeistertynicadmanbDarth WaiterKetBraKane Red RobeWeedLordVegetazerzhulMadEddyCentipede DamascusLord_AsmodeusUsagiRomanian My EscutcheonsarukunErin The RedSkeithJimothy
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    When my brother-in-law was stationed in Iraq, he got to meet Robin Williams and shake his hand when he came out and did a show for the troops.

Afterward he apparently mingled with them and continued joking around and signing stuff and so on. My brother-in-law said he was just as friendly and earnest then as many of his characters in films were.

Darth Waitertapeslinger
    I know Williams improv'd most of Genie's lines in Aladdin

but didn't he also come up with most of "Friend Like Me"?

I remember a story of him throwing out a song they wrote for him and coming up with that in like, an afternoon

CYpGAPn.png