As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

giant bomb website thread

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My friends are really pushing me hard to get back into league now that I am stateside.

Like straight up trying to gift and buy me champs and stuff.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Geth, go to cock

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Medium it is.

Ordered a burger today. They asked me how I wanted it.

I actually froze up for a bit because I haven't been asked that question in so long I kind of forgot how to respond.

I ended up saying medium rare. They told me medium was as low as they could go because it was a Korean style bulgolgi burger that had beef and pork and pork has to be so cooked. Also it had kimchi on it.

It was really good.

• JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    League is a pretty good game. Also that burg sounds real good.

signature.png

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Slack is like, modern day iirc mixed with a little bit of how forums worked and if it all just worked REALLY well across all devices

JohnHam wrote: »

My main beef with league is that the matches are just so dang long. Conceptually I like the game but in practice it can really drag for me. But playing anything with friends is fun. And it's nice to be into what they are into.

• JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

My main beef with league is that the matches are just so dang long. Conceptually I like the game but in practice it can really drag for me. But playing anything with friends is fun. And it's nice to be into what they are into.

I agree. It's not just the 40+ minute matches, either, it's that to do well the game pretty much demands your absolute, undivided attention.

signature.png

Huh I swore I set up my PS4 to auto update but here it is telling me I got a 40 minute wait to try black light retribution because of a patch. So much for that...

Warframe too. What the heck I have it set up in the options to auto update stuff. What a bust!

• DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Basically the entire reason why I am still playing any amount of DOTA.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ah gat dangit, it just clicked that I need to buy two Assassin's Creed games this year.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Wait, I got Black Flag in January

three

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    sonic lost world first impressions

there is a good game in there

i am not sure if it actually made its way into the final product

there's an idea that the game has where instead of just like, blasting your way through hot wheels tracks, you need to figure out optimal paths through levels with lots of obstacles and verticality, and do a lot of skittering and wall jumping and sick stunts to keep your momentum going

almost like a more arcadey, 3rd person mirror's edge

but then that concept is bolted onto a more traditional 3D sonic framework and I don't know if the two mesh very well

and then you throw in the Mario Galaxy style levels and you end up with something that's a little bit of a mess

i'm gonna keep with it though because i think there might be some hidden depths to plumb here. elements of the level design are suggesting that i am playing very suboptimally, and I think that there might be a point at which you get good enough at the game for it to feel smooth and slick, and i think it could be really rad if it reached that point

also it's weirdly hard for a sonic game

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Anyone know how to get Laundry Detergent stains out of stuff? The cap didn't seal on mine and it leaked all over my backseat and onto my favorite pair of white chucks

CYpGAPn.png
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Science says that if laundry detergent gets dirt out that means that dirt will get laundry detergent out.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    the ghost things all over the screen in rune factory make stuff grow faster

also improves the quality of crops and probably does other things?

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I think guild wars 2 is the best mmo for me because I only really want to play a mmo for a week or so every three months

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    SLyM wrote: »
    I think guild wars 2 is the best mmo for me because I only really want to play a mmo for a week or so every three months

weird way to spell "guild wars original" but ok sure

what if i told you about an iPhone MMO that required zero time investment from you ever

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Slack needs a better payment plan. I'd like to support them but 7 bucks per person per month gets crazy pretty fast.

Also, I've picked up Sonic Lost World for 3DS and it's not a bad game. Don't get the hate, besides this
    zlCfzSSt1bMtsxPoJC

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just read a thing about Sims 4 and there not being pools. The game dev said the engine just doesn't really support digging into the ground. I had sudden flashbacks to The SimCity.

Definetly going to wait till after launch.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    There being no pools in a sims game defeats the purpose of sims games

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    "Our new Tony Hawk game is gonna be great! Unfortunately, our new engine is so advanced that it doesn't support rails. Rest assured that, at heart, this is still the Tony Hawk you know and love. You won't even notice they're gone!"

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    No above ground pools? That defeats the engine argument.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • TefTef Registered User regular

It is? Man, I've been playing the sims wrong this whole time

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Tef wrote: »

Put the man in the poop with no ladder

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Pool, even

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Science says that if laundry detergent gets dirt out that means that dirt will get laundry detergent out.

The science of homeopathy says you should dilute the detergent by 1/1^10 in water then sell it as a cure for the common cold and buy a new car with the money.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    I look forward to EA's apology letter about The Sims 4.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    "Put the man in the poop with no ladder" is a good metaphor for.... something

it's just good metaphor material

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'm still sad about SimCity. Why you guys gotta open up old wounds?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Shabooty wrote: »
    "Put the man in the poop with no ladder" is a good metaphor for.... something

it's just good metaphor material

"Up shit creek without a paddle"

• But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    I feel like pools are not really an integral part of the sims, unless the part of the sims you care about is killing your people. But then I'm sure there are plenty of new ways to do that in this one anyways.

The thing that weirds me out is being unable to dig into the ground. Are they removing landscaping? I never got really into that stuff but it seems like that would limit the house designing element a bit.

It just occurred to me, I can't think of any games that are like the sims. It'd be cool to see another developer's take on that concept.

TheStig wrote: »
    I'm still sad about SimCity. Why you guys gotta open up old wounds?

They never even released an apology about Theme Park because they weren't shamed into it like they were with SimCity or Dungeon Keeper or Battlefield 4 or NBA Live 14.

...man, they had a busy 2013.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

Put the man in the poop with no ladder

Good point!

Well, as long as you can get them caught in a room with no doors it'll still be playable at least

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    @majornelson: Just announced… Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming holiday 2015, exclusively on Xbox.

Huh. Wording on that makes me wonder if there will be no PC version.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    So I went and saw Guardians of the Galaxy tonight with Dad. I wasn't going to go see it at first but folks mentioning it in this thread and Dad being keen to see it swayed me.

Holy shit that was a good film.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Can I talk about Binding of Isaac in here?

Because the roguelike thread is pretty dead, and I wanna mention that they just released a video of BoI: Rebirth that's still in beta.

It looks AWESOME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs2eSyaZq2c#t=76

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    the sims but your sims are actually alien sleeper agents who get ranked based on how well they assimilate into human culture

ten points for hosting a pool party with the kids

minus eighteen for cuddling the sausages and barbecuing the dog

Crimson King on
This discussion has been closed.