As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Schedule is up! Guidebook is up!

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I may have missed it...

But if I remember right, swag bags were given out in the queue room last year... With LCS now taking up the queue room when not used as a queue room... Does anybody know where swag bags will be given out? Will they be given out?
    (I'd like to know in advance given I didn't know about them last year until Monday afternoon...)

They will be at the paramount this year along with autograph signings.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I may have missed it...

But if I remember right, swag bags were given out in the queue room last year... With LCS now taking up the queue room when not used as a queue room... Does anybody know where swag bags will be given out? Will they be given out?
    (I'd like to know in advance given I didn't know about them last year until Monday afternoon...)

Thank you very much!

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Is the list on guidebook the full exhibitor list? No naughty dog this year? ; (

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    If you prefer actual building maps to go with your Guidebook (I do), here is the WSCC floor plan link. I personally find that much easier to look at when planning my Pinny Arcade round-up trip.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Is the list on guidebook the full exhibitor list? No naughty dog this year? ; (

There are sometimes companies that share booths. You would need to ask Naughty Dog or wait until PAX to be sure.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I may have missed it...

Thank you very much!

Also, you will be able to start grabbing your grab bag at 10am this year.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Naughty Dog is always with Sony's booth. So if they're there they'll be in Sony's area.

Also a nice thing I noticed is that all of the theaters that start with S are in the Sheraton, all of the ones with W are in WSCC, and H in Hyatt. Coincidence? I think not :) That's a nice way to do it to help keep track of what is where.

• Options
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    Naughty Dog is always with Sony's booth. So if they're there they'll be in Sony's area.

Also a nice thing I noticed is that all of the theaters that start with S are in the Sheraton, all of the ones with W are in WSCC, and H in Hyatt. Coincidence? I think not :) That's a nice way to do it to help keep track of what is where.

You're right - http://prime.paxsite.com/faq#wait-all-the-theatre-names-are-different.-where-is-everything

• Options
    tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    swag bags will be given out at the Paramount 10am-6pm everyday

• Options
    DustyStarrDustyStarr Registered User regular
    Are the swag bags the same on every day, or different?

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    DustyStarr wrote: »
    Are the swag bags the same on every day, or different?
    Same. The show staff packs tens of thousands of bags the weekend before PAX. I feel like it would be pretty chaotic to have different bags each day when it comes to numbers like that, though the variety would be cool.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    New to conventions, so I was just curious, and glad I only need to grab one. X3 Thanks.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    New to conventions, so I was just curious, and glad I only need to grab one. X3 Thanks.

While the bags are the same each day, there will most likely be slightly different items in the bags.
    In the past Magic The Gathering has put one starter deck in the bags, but there are several different starter decks.
    Also, Cards Against Humanity has been placing special PAX only cards in the swag bags. Again, different bags may have different cards.

The intent is to get people to do some trading, but there are many people that break the rule and go back to get more bags, this sometimes creates a shortage and not everyone gets a bag.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SkeleVader wrote: »

While the bags are the same each day, there will most likely be slightly different items in the bags.
    In the past Magic The Gathering has put one starter deck in the bags, but there are several different starter decks.
    Also, Cards Against Humanity has been placing special PAX only cards in the swag bags. Again, different bags may have different cards.

The intent is to get people to do some trading, but there are many people that break the rule and go back to get more bags, this sometimes creates a shortage and not everyone gets a bag.

Did they do cards again at East this year? I thought they changed to oatmeal packets?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    They hid cards in the oatmeal packets.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    whypick1 wrote: »
    They hid cards in the oatmeal packets.

Ahh those tricky bastards.... ;)

• Options
    XenoZergieXenoZergie Registered User regular
    Is there a link to the map on the main site and I am just blind or do I have to download Guidebook to see the map?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    XenoZergie wrote: »
    Is there a link to the map on the main site and I am just blind or do I have to download Guidebook to see the map?

There is no link on the main site, but you can see the maps here: https://guidebook.com/guide/24122/maps/

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    CrielCriel Registered User regular
    Does everyone get a swag bag or is it extra? And I heard a discrepency above; Some said one per year, another said one per day - can someone elaborate? :)

• Options
    Criel wrote: »
    Does everyone get a swag bag or is it extra? And I heard a discrepency above; Some said one per year, another said one per day - can someone elaborate? :)

Everyone is supposed to get one swag bag for the weekend. Some people take more than one though which can cause them to run out early.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    One of these years, the retrogaming roadshow won't overlap with one of my must-see panels, and I'll get to go.

This is not that year. Oh well...

• Options
    Hmm, does anyone have an idea of the time it would take to get from the Wyvern Theatre (WSCC Floor 6) to the Sphinx Theatre (Sheraton Floor 3)? Hard to tell by looking at the map, and then I am going to have to factor in crowds, lines for the escalators, and such, hrm.

• Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    Hmm, does anyone have an idea of the time it would take to get from the Wyvern Theatre (WSCC Floor 6) to the Sphinx Theatre (Sheraton Floor 3)? Hard to tell by looking at the map, and then I am going to have to factor in crowds, lines for the escalators, and such, hrm.

I would factor in 15-20 minutes for safe travel, and that's not including the time you would want to cushion for getting a good place in line (depending on the popularity of the panel). The Sheraton is very close to the WSCC, but those escalators can get a lot of traffic.

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    I see, thank you. Not sure how popular Thrown Controllers is, but I am not sure if I would want to get in line only 40 minutes before a panel begins. Could always use the lines twitter.

Still, thanks. :3

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    I see, thank you. Not sure how popular Thrown Controllers is, but I am not sure if I would want to get in line only 40 minutes before a panel begins. Could always use the lines twitter.

Still, thanks. :3

The PAX Lines twitter is awesome. I definitely recommend using it. Also, 40 minutes is pretty reasonable for anything that isn't HUGE. Like Cards Against Humanity, Gearbox... that stuff will fill up instantly. For Thrown Controllers though, I'm guessing 40 minutes will be fine.

As for 6th floor WSCC to 3rd Sheraton, I could make that in 5 minutes easily. It's just a matter of being quick while still being safe.

• Options
    5 minutes huh? I can clear the way through crowds when I need too... just would not want to trip or hurt anyone else, nyah. X3

Still, thanks, I will keep that, and the twitter, in mind. :3

• Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    As for 6th floor WSCC to 3rd Sheraton, I could make that in 5 minutes easily. It's just a matter of being quick while still being safe.
    Maybe I'm just used to it taking longer with a group. I was also keeping safety in mind, like you said. Power to you if you can and want to hurry over.

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah "can do" is not always "should do." I would agree on budgeting 15min for that, even if it will only take 5 or 6. You never know when there will be a large crowd in the way of where you want to go, and it's def not safe to go jamming through them.

• Options
    BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Agreed, and if you are at the very back of the show floor trying to get out the front door to get to the Sheraton, (depending on the time of day) it can take even longer. I know I missed a lot of panels because I would be at the very back of the show floor and looked at my watch then looked at the crowd and just went and played an indie game instead.

• Options
    creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    Ugh, I filled up my schedule in Guidebook the other day, and now it's all gone :\

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I've said it before, but as much awesome as there is to take in, it's a bad idea to over-schedule. It sucks to miss out on great stuff, but frantically trying to take in everything and hop from hall to hall is a great recipe for frustration. I'd just prioritize a couple of panels each day -- there's plenty of other great stuff to experience.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AcroCakeAcroCake Registered User new member
    Are printed versions of the maps available, or are they exclusively on Guidebook?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    AcroCake wrote: »
    Are printed versions of the maps available, or are they exclusively on Guidebook?
    The printed map should be in the program at PAX.

• Options
    MelmioneMelmione Registered User new member
    Is the Assassin's Creed: Unity panel changing days/times or no longer happening? It's not listed on the schedule in the Guidebook anymore.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Assassin's Creed Unity event is being removed from the schedule entirely.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    be interesting this year. iirc the benny is all outside lineup, and the forecasts are calling for rain Saturday....

• Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    I noticed that there are some panels missing in the guidebook vs on the schedule online. Anyone have any info on this?

Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Hrm, I may have to design a last minute costume that incorporates a cow catcher seeing as how the Indy Megabooth is still in that same corner this year.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Solelron wrote: »
    be interesting this year. iirc the benny is all outside lineup, and the forecasts are calling for rain Saturday....

Since they already used it once for MT, they may have improvements in mind that allow some of the line indoors. But Paramount is all outside lines as well, so people in queue would get wet either way.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    Solelron wrote: »

I remember lining up indoors for all the panels the last time the main theater was at Benaroya... maybe because I always got there fairly early?

PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16