As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

History of RMS Oceanic [chat]

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    my father is hassling me to do a phd and im like pls...
    You get paid to do a PhD though.

Can turn that money into burg.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

get paid moar to do liek 8 hours of tutorin a week and its no work and i get sweg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Research is fun. And depressing. Also it causes alcoholism

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    harley is just like

running back in forth in our apartment, growling

Maybe Harley smells something?

Mister J. is back?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Tutorin is best job

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Get a CASE scholarship and you earn crazy money. Otherwise it's a pittance

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    harley is just like

running back in forth in our apartment, growling

Maybe Harley smells something?

Mister J. is back?

That's 'MISTAH' J to you. *hits with an over-sized novelty mallet*

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    btw @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot@jacobkosh biwoares new joint is basically a secret world ripoff but small multiplayer not mmo

https://www.shadowrealms.com/
    From the storytelling experts at BioWare comes Shadow Realms™, a new 4v1 story-driven Online Action RPG with dynamic co-op missions in a constantly evolving BioWare world. Join an ongoing adventure with new episodes released frequently. Experience the thrill of making your own choices as to the path you take through the story, uncovering new mysteries and revealing hidden twists unexpectedly as you progress. Fight as a modern-day Hero who suddenly awakens with magical powers and is pulled into a dark realm and centuries old battle. Team up with three other Heroes in adventures facing off against a fantastic array of demonic bosses and supernatural creatures in a raging war against the Shadow Legions to save all of humanity. Summon all your powers as you prepare to battle a player-controlled Shadowlord, who possesses the ultimate weapon – the human mind.

its literally secret wurld

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Hm

I skipped a meal today

I better fill those missing calories with a second beer

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

get paid moar to do liek 8 hours of tutorin a week and its no work and i get sweg

If you have no educational debts and live somewhere with very cheap rent, the PhD stipend can be acceptable.

On your way to a secret terminal Masters. No one get a PhD, people. Everyone stop going for tenure, we need to let it lie fallow for like 20-30 years and also maybe destroy higher education before we try this again.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    btw "Dread Pirate Arbuthnot"‌ jacobkosh biwoares new joint is basically a secret world ripoff but small multiplayer not mmo

https://www.shadowrealms.com/
    From the storytelling experts at BioWare comes Shadow Realms™, a new 4v1 story-driven Online Action RPG with dynamic co-op missions in a constantly evolving BioWare world. Join an ongoing adventure with new episodes released frequently. Experience the thrill of making your own choices as to the path you take through the story, uncovering new mysteries and revealing hidden twists unexpectedly as you progress. Fight as a modern-day Hero who suddenly awakens with magical powers and is pulled into a dark realm and centuries old battle. Team up with three other Heroes in adventures facing off against a fantastic array of demonic bosses and supernatural creatures in a raging war against the Shadow Legions to save all of humanity. Summon all your powers as you prepare to battle a player-controlled Shadowlord, who possesses the ultimate weapon – the human mind.

its literally secret wurld

i'd be so fucking excited if i weren't terrified of co-op.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

If you have no educational debts and live somewhere with very cheap rent, the PhD stipend can be acceptable.

On your way to a secret terminal Masters. No one get a PhD, people. Everyone stop going for tenure, we need to let it lie fallow for like 20-30 years and also maybe destroy higher education before we try this again.

I'm ELM and I support this message.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i should tutor

my friend who tutors SATs to kids in long island makes $$$ money and it's flexible enough for her to do all her dance stuff, choreography and dancing and whatnot

poo
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    ELM always stands for Electronic Lights and Magic to me.

• Options
    i still haven't memorized every word to protect ya neck

it's been 36 hrs!

it's k tho i've got a few verses down

inspectah's and raekwon's

poo
  • Options

alredy have a masters im ahed of da phd cuerv

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Btw, last night when I was speaking to my son he had to let me go as he was "Going to play some D&D". I'm...[chat] I think I had something in my eye at the end of that phone call.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Btw, last night when I was speaking to my son he had to let me go as he was "Going to play some D&D". I'm...[chat] I think I had something in my eye at the end of that phone call.

A +5 Humanbane Keen Adamantine Longbow Arrow?

• Options

Where's your son/you?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    shadow realms is the most generic name possible jesus christ

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    and i guess most of method man's

and u-god only has like 4 lines

mostly ODB i am stuck on so far

poo
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Eh, sometime a generic name works.

Like, "The Secret World" is a generic as fuck title for a game, but it work.

• Options

yes its retarded

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I hear "shadow realm" and I think of "dark energy disks" that will violently cut off our legs causing us to bleed to death cast our minds to the shadow realm.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

it's been 36 hrs!

Only rap song I know throughout is dead wrong by biggie

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    I hear "shadow realm" and I think of "dark energy disks" that will violently cut off our legs causing us to bleed to death[/i] cast our minds to the shadow realm.

The most ridiculous thing was the fight between Yugi and Joey at the harbor. The loser would get dragged by a weighed crate into the sea, but somehow that would not kill them, only send them to the shadow realm.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Better or worse than Dragon Age?

Or Mass Effect?

You know what, Bioware and names....not so good.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i will be able to play the secret world when my the secret world quests are on cooldown? :-o!

• Options
    I hear "shadow realm" and I think of "dark energy disks" that will violently cut off our legs causing us to bleed to death cast our minds to the shadow realm.

The most ridiculous thing was the fight between Yugi and Joey at the harbor. The loser would get dragged by a weighed crate into the sea, but somehow that would not kill them, only send them to the shadow realm.

I'm standing on the edge of the castle and the soft squelchy plop shockwave of you defeating my Blue Eyes will cause me to fall.

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

it's been 36 hrs!

Only rap song I know throughout is dead wrong by biggie

i still know all of california love from high school

i did it at karaoke i ain't even looked at the screen lulz

poo
  • Options

I'm standing on the edge of the castle and the soft squelchy plop shockwave of you defeating my Blue Eyes will cause me to fall.

Oh, i forgot that one...

That was the most stupid one, yes.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    My room mate did an honours thesis on some post modern political philosophy jank.

My thesis advisor was one of three anonymous reviewers. Gave it a NA because post modernism is incoherent nonsense and is thus impossible to grade.

I was amused because I told her it was nonsense.

• Options
    Dragon Age was really lacking in the dragon department

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    "Bad guys do things"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I wanted to get a PhD in Atheism/Philosophy of Science/Philosophy of Mind and then be a younger copy of my advisor but the siren call of IT $€¥£ from my other degree took me to other places.

• Options

Where's your son/you?

My son has been at navy cadet camp in Nova Scotia for the past 5 1/2 weeks. It will be a full 6 weeks once he returns. Long stretch for him to be away. Our beagle is going to go absolutely nuts when she sees him.

From what I understand he's playing a minotaur/tauren type warrior class in whatever setting they are playing in. He referred to his character as "violent and dumb". Since this is his first time ever playing I'm guessing he's getting a feel for it. lol

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

You fight a big dragon at the end but he's not even really a dragon!

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Dragons also aren't that interesting. And the darkspawn were comical orkish things rather than something fitting of their reputation and name. Fun game though.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Bogart @desc @Thomamelas @MrAnthropy‌ @‌

In the fashion that has become traditional for me, I think because it helps me focus, I have begun assembling my mood music playlist for 80s Miami Vampire: the Requiem.

track list for those who cannot youtube:
    Red 7 - Heartbeat (Manhunter Soundtrack)
    Laura Branigan - Self Control
    Hall & Oates - Maneater
    After The Fire - Der Kommissar
    Joe Jackson--Steppin' Out
    Cutting Crew - I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight
    Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme
    Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
    Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Love Missile F1-11
    Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
    Animotion - Obsession
    Autograph - Turn Up The Radio
    Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight
    Judas Priest - Breaking The Law
    Judas Priest - Living After Midnight
    Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
    The Cars - It's Not the Night
    New Order - Elegia
    Miami Sound Machine - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You

suggestionate me!

il_570xN.87174780.jpg

I will give individual suggestions later tonight but for now hit up the Miami Vice tv show soundtracks. It was one of the TV shows that made masterful use of it's soundtrack.

This discussion has been closed.