Options

The wait for new [Superhero Movies] will be Inhuman!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Really though Namor always has the ultimate win over T'Challa, as he said. Every single one of T'Challa's countrymen, every single person he loves, he owes to Namor. And Namor's ultimate "yeah I fucking killed all your people, what are you going to do about it" speech is pretty untoppable.

Which is what makes it so great, really. The Illuminati consider Namor to be a monster. But when Reed looks at Sue, he knows that without Namor she'd be dead. When Hank looks at the X-Men, he knows that without Namor they'd all be dead. If T'Challa kills Namor, it's a hollow victory, the very chance to do so is something his most hated enemy gave to him.

Steve, though, he gets to say "I would never have stood for this. I never pretended to be able to walk that path. And I won't stand for it now."

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Come back from this? You avin' a laugh?

Namor has never had a series with more utterly character defining moments than New Avengers.

I mean I know people disagree but it's like, come back from what. I am not joking, I think he's doing the best slash only thing you can do at the moment.

Agreed, he is taking a fucking awful burden on himself and is the only reason Cap might have time to find a better way. He is damning himself for the good of the universe, and giving the "real" heroes an opportunity to save the day.

This is where in at.

Namor's position is obviously untenable. You can't just keep killing worlds, it is an infinite job. But what he's doing is specifically enabling Steve to work on a macro level.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

Namor has never had a series with more utterly character defining moments than New Avengers.

I mean I know people disagree but it's like, come back from what. I am not joking, I think he's doing the best slash only thing you can do at the moment.

Agreed, he is taking a fucking awful burden on himself and is the only reason Cap might have time to find a better way. He is damning himself for the good of the universe, and giving the "real" heroes an opportunity to save the day.

This is where in at.

Namor's position is obviously untenable. You can't just keep killing worlds, it is an infinite job. But what he's doing is specifically enabling Steve to work on a macro level.

"All the angels have fallen and we devils are all that remain"

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    So Scott Mcnairy role may have been revealed...and wow.
    "Scoot is playing Jimmy Olsen, but with a bit of a twist. Jimmy was injured during the battle of Zod vs Superman. His legs where pinned under falling building rubble and that caused him to lose the legs. He now walks with the use of two prosthetic legs." The source goes on to add "He doesn't blame Superman for it [his loss of legs]. He feels grateful that Superman saved the world."
    http://www.thedevilseyes.com/2014/08/exclusive-scoot-mcnairys-role-revealed.html#.U_7xuCV19UN.twitter

Batman: That photographer there. I need his prosthetic legs.
    Superman: His legs?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    namor is exactly the right character to make this decision

it would be shitty if cap did it but this is well within namor's character

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    namor is exactly the right character to make this decision

it would be shitty if cap did it but this is well within namor's character

Oh yeah I think if like, iron man did this I'd call bullshit, and I think Hickman is totally on point with them all flinching.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    UzX2NdX.png

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I saw that early, it's pretty accurate

I was basically drax until I turned like 12

Except with a lot more arm flailing and sitting on my head

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I hope Dave Bautista sees that

I think that would mean the world to him

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    How do you sit on your head?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    How do you sit on your head?

I have never been able to figure out how I managed to do it

But I have photo evidence that I could

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Anyone pick up Inhuman 4? I've had no luck trying to get the code on reddit.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Like to me a hero is supposed to look at two awful options and say no, I refuse, we can do better

Its the same reason I hated me3s ending so much

Well, that's what Cap is doing

Cap feeling like the Illuminati's screwing it up is cool. Him feeling like there's much better options to solve this crisis and deciding to find them is cool.
    But according to the final two pages of the latest Avengers, him deciding to go after the Illuminati and using every Avenger to do so instead of finding said better options first isn't cool. I certainly won't be happy if I hear that's all he did during the eight-month skip coming up when it comes to the incursions.

It seems like its caps job to stop murderers and genociders (is that a word)

If Cap feels like the Illuminati has crossed a line he needs to beat them back over, that's all well and good. I just want him to focus first on stopping the deadlier threat of the incursions and who or whatever might be behind them. It's gonna be embarrassing (at the very least) if his planting a boot up Tony's armored backside is interrupted by an incursion.
    Which if a panel during Future Franklin's issue of the story is literal, it's a moment that's actually gonna happen. Oops.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Again

The only reason the Illuminati were backed into such a corner is because they were too damned arrogant to ask for help

If Cap and literally every other hero and, frankly, most villains had pooled their efforts who knows what they could have come up with

The Great Society talked about literally moving their Earth out of the path of the incursion

You're telling me Hulk, Hyperion, Thor, Captain Marvel, Captain Britain, Wonder Man, Molecule Man and every other powerhouse working at once couldn't give it a shot?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Like I agree with you all that Namor is making the difficult, and necessary, choice to save billions

But he is also being forced to do that because of a situation he and the Illuminati created themselves

You aren't a hero just because you screwed things up and then made a difficult call to prevent them from being even more screwed up

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Marvel.com reports that Dan Abnett will return to the world of Marvel prose novels for a new adventure featuring the Avengers. Entitled "Everybody Wants to Rule the World," the "Avengers" novel follows Abnett's "Rocket Raccoon & Groot: Steal the Galaxy!" which marked the publisher's first foray into original prose novels. "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" focuses on the team as it's scattered to all corners of the world -- Captain America battles Hydra in Berlin; Black Widow and Hawkeye head to the Savage Land; Thor in Siberia; the Hulk and Nick Fury go to Madripoor and Iron Man faces down Ultron in Washington.

ah yes the classic avengers line up of "people who were in the movie"

• Options
    Furu wrote: »
    Marvel.com reports that Dan Abnett will return to the world of Marvel prose novels for a new adventure featuring the Avengers. Entitled "Everybody Wants to Rule the World," the "Avengers" novel follows Abnett's "Rocket Raccoon & Groot: Steal the Galaxy!" which marked the publisher's first foray into original prose novels. "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" focuses on the team as it's scattered to all corners of the world -- Captain America battles Hydra in Berlin; Black Widow and Hawkeye head to the Savage Land; Thor in Siberia; the Hulk and Nick Fury go to Madripoor and Iron Man faces down Ultron in Washington.

And also the core of every Avengers team since just before and after the movie?

Like c'mon

Those 6 (Fury's a bit weird) are easily the iconic Avengers line-up at this point

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm crazy tired of it.

Like at this point I'm glad AoU will at least add quicksilver and scarlet witch for variety before I get tired of them being in everything a couple of years later.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Like c'mon

Those 6 (Fury's a bit weird) are easily the iconic Avengers line-up at this point

Hulk may be a founding Avenger, but I'm pretty sure he was never actually on the team at any point between 1964 and 2012.

• Options
    Also going to lay odds on novel Hawkeye inexplicably being just like movie Hawkeye and not remotely like comics Hawkeye

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm crazy tired of it.

Like at this point I'm glad AoU will at least add quicksilver and scarlet witch for variety before I get tired of them being in everything a couple of years later.

We're about to start getting solo movies for new characters, and I will be very surprised if it's not a totally new team by the time we hit Avengers 3

• Options
    Maybe some legacies like Bucky Cap

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Technically he was invited back during Infinity Gauntlet.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options

Like c'mon

Hulk may be a founding Avenger, but I'm pretty sure he was never actually on the team at any point between 1964 and 2012.
    That's why I said at this point?

Post-movie Hulk and Pre-movie Hulk are very different

If you asked people, even comics fans, who the iconic Avengers are I would be cold hard cash 9/10 times you'd get those 6 or at least something very similar

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Also going to lay odds on novel Hawkeye inexplicably being just like movie Hawkeye and not remotely like comics Hawkeye

Man we barely even know what movie Hawkeye is even like

• Options
    You realize the novel is in continuity and Dan Abnett has written Marvel comics for ages and his Rocket and Groot novel was super entrenched in the Marvel Universe and accurate to their characters

You're being a downer for no reason dogg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    You realize the novel is in continuity and Dan Abnett has written Marvel comics for ages and his Rocket and Groot novel was super entrenched in the Marvel Universe and accurate to their characters

Man I dunno I'm still salty about the one Marvel prose novel I read, the New Avengers one where Movie Hawkeye is inexplicably added to the team and everyone meets Black Widow for the first time and ???

• Options

Yeah I sure would like someone to try and explain the character of Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye as he stands right now

He's like a non-character

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Like the Rocket and Groot novel co-starred Gamora and a Rigellian Recorder, A renegade Galadorian Space Knight featured Nova Corpsman with actual powers, Annihilus and the Timely Corporation from those Rocket and Groot back-ups from Annihilators

There's zero reason to expect the Avengers book to be any different

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Though me being six to death of the movie Avengers line-up is mostly unrelated

I feel like its a massively missed opportunity to not use a character yet to be featured in the movies or that can't be used in the movies in a book like this.

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Yeah I sure would like someone to try and explain the character of Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye as he stands right now

Hopefully with his rumored bigger role in Avengers 2 and possibly a spot in Cap 3 they'll fill that in
    Year of the Hawk starts here, y'all

• Options

Man I dunno I'm still salty about the one Marvel prose novel I read, the New Avengers one where Movie Hawkeye is inexplicably added to the team and everyone meets Black Widow for the first time and ???
    Man that was written by someone who has never written for Marvel otherwise and was a rough adaptation of a nearly decade old story

Marvel has said they intend their new line of novels to be in continuity and faithful to the characters and Marvel Universe

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EMH Hawkeye showed more personality in 1 episode of a 22-minute cartoon than MCU Hawkeye has in one special cameo and another entire movie

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

I've never even heard of that novel

• Options

I feel like its a massively missed opportunity to not use a character yet to be featured in the movies or that can't be used in the movies in a book like this.
    Not...really?

I mean I agree that maybe including Carol(like in Endless Wartime) or T'Challa or something would be smart. And could happen, Gamoras role in the novel was kept hidden until release.

But why would Marvel want to put characters like Spidey or Wolverine in a book ostensibly designed to appeal to/attract fans of the MCU Avengers.

They want to push the characters they can actually make into huge stars.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Hopefully with his rumored bigger role in Avengers 2 and possibly a spot in Cap 3 they'll fill that in
    Year of the Hawk starts here, y'all
    It ain't rumored, Whedon has said Hawkeye and Hulk have two of the largest roles many times.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    YEAR OF THE HAWK

• Options
    Hawk-Hogan.png

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Not...really?

I mean I agree that maybe including Carol(like in Endless Wartime) or T'Challa or something would be smart. And could happen, Gamoras role in the novel was kept hidden until release.

But why would Marvel want to put characters like Spidey or Wolverine in a book ostensibly designed to appeal to/attract fans of the MCU Avengers.

They want to push the characters they can actually make into huge stars.

Because fuck those guys, cater to me

YES I'M BEING UNREASONABLE

This discussion has been closed.