Options

The wait for new [Superhero Movies] will be Inhuman!

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I think clint's two lines in thor are absolutely things that comics clint would say

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I think clint's two lines in thor are absolutely things that comics clint would say
    Plus "...you and I remember Budapest very differently." and "Well, sending an arrow into Loki's eyesocket might make me feel a bit better."

Plus that little smile when Loki and Thor return to Asgard

I agree Clint had a pretty raw deal in Avengers but there's definitely some personality in there

Not a ton but he ain't just a cardboard cutout

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Solar wrote: »
    Really though Namor always has the ultimate win over T'Challa, as he said. Every single one of T'Challa's countrymen, every single person he loves, he owes to Namor. And Namor's ultimate "yeah I fucking killed all your people, what are you going to do about it" speech is pretty untoppable.

Which is what makes it so great, really. The Illuminati consider Namor to be a monster. But when Reed looks at Sue, he knows that without Namor she'd be dead. When Hank looks at the X-Men, he knows that without Namor they'd all be dead. If T'Challa kills Namor, it's a hollow victory, the very chance to do so is something his most hated enemy gave to him.

Steve, though, he gets to say "I would never have stood for this. I never pretended to be able to walk that path. And I won't stand for it now."
    See I read Namor's speech totally different than you did.

I felt he was intentionally crossing the line in a very severe way in an attempt to goad T'Challa into killing him because he could no longer live with himself but suicide is not befitting of the King of Atlantis. Suicide by Panther though...

And when his attempt was stopped by Hulk and the rest of the Illuminati he realized he can't come back from this so his only recourse is to join his fellow devils.

The Namor in that preview is not a man who feels proud of his actions or would brag to T'Challa's face about killing his citizens. He is a tired man who wishes he was dead but knows his time isn't here yet.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Really though Namor always has the ultimate win over T'Challa, as he said. Every single one of T'Challa's countrymen, every single person he loves, he owes to Namor. And Namor's ultimate "yeah I fucking killed all your people, what are you going to do about it" speech is pretty untoppable.

Which is what makes it so great, really. The Illuminati consider Namor to be a monster. But when Reed looks at Sue, he knows that without Namor she'd be dead. When Hank looks at the X-Men, he knows that without Namor they'd all be dead. If T'Challa kills Namor, it's a hollow victory, the very chance to do so is something his most hated enemy gave to him.

Steve, though, he gets to say "I would never have stood for this. I never pretended to be able to walk that path. And I won't stand for it now."
    See I read Namor's speech totally different than you did.

I felt he was intentionally crossing the line in a very severe way in an attempt to goad T'Challa into killing him because he could no longer live with himself but suicide is not befitting of the King of Atlantis. Suicide by Panther though...

And when his attempt was stopped by Hulk and the rest of the Illuminati he realized he can't come back from this so his only recourse is to join his fellow devils.

The Namor in that preview is not a man who feels proud of his actions or would brag to T'Challa's face about killing his citizens. He is a tired man who wishes he was dead but knows his time isn't here yet.

I think you are both sorta right. Like he hates himself and wants to die but at the same time I bet the way the Illuminati attempt to shame him for saving the universe really sticks in him.

Namor feels like he has given up everything and the people who should be grateful look at him with disgust? Fuck those guys.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Like I agree with you all that Namor is making the difficult, and necessary, choice to save billions

But he is also being forced to do that because of a situation he and the Illuminati created themselves

You aren't a hero just because you screwed things up and then made a difficult call to prevent them from being even more screwed up

the David Goyer method

• Options
    edited August 2014
    So about the New Avengers preview and spoilers and stuff

not trying to start a NAH SPOILERS ARE DUMB or IT'S JUST A CLICK argument thing

I'll totally spoiler previews pages if people have an issue with it, no biggie

but I am kinda confused about "spoiling comics that haven't even come out yet" because comics are different from just about any other medium in that regard

Sam Wilson becoming Captain America technically spoils Remender's Captain America run

but they officially announced it and revealed it on the Colbert Report and he's on all sorts of covers and whatnot

by that same token, the existence of the Cabal wasn't officially unveiled until just a while ago in the actual comics but the cover for New Avengers next month, which has been public knowledge for 4 months now is, well:
    New-Avengers-24-Cover-9187d.jpg

and Marvel officially talks about them in the preview blurb

so I am genuinely asking because it is such a weird deal: what qualifies as a spoiler?

Like, the ending of Original Sin or how Apocalypse comes back in Axis or whatever are spoilers, yes

but technically so are the inversions and if we had to talk about everything relating to the inversions in spoilers like 80% of comics talk about the upcoming Marvel U would be in spoilers

or to use the Captain Falcon example, we'd have to spoiler every image of him and anything that mentions him and what have you

So, I dunno, what do you guys think? Personally I didn't think that New Avengers page was that spoilery although I can see how
    the Squadron Supreme Earth getting wiped out
    would be a cool moment some might not want ruined

but are all preview pages spoilered? I dunno! Opinions please!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    personally, I would prefer if pages weren't posted without spoilers

I don't mind seeing covers, or hearing about broad plot points, but I want the individual moments within the comic to stay a mystery until I open the cover

• Options

I don't mind seeing covers, or hearing about broad plot points, but I want the individual moments within the comic to stay a mystery until I open the cover
    I can get this

It is just something I've been wondering ever since TWS came out when some people were saying anything involving Bucky should be spoilered which I thought was crazy since he has been a pretty active, prominent part of the MU for a decade now and that's a lot of stuff to have to spoiler

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So about the New Avengers preview and spoilers and stuff

not trying to start a NAH SPOILERS ARE DUMB or IT'S JUST A CLICK argument thing

I'll totally spoiler previews pages if people have an issue with it, no biggie

but I am kinda confused about "spoiling comics that haven't even come out yet" because comics are different from just about any other medium in that regard

Sam Wilson becoming Captain America technically spoils Remender's Captain America run

but they officially announced it and revealed it on the Colbert Report and he's on all sorts of covers and whatnot

by that same token, the existence of the Cabal wasn't officially unveiled until just a while ago in the actual comics but the cover for New Avengers next month, which has been public knowledge for 4 months now is, well:
    New-Avengers-24-Cover-9187d.jpg

and Marvel officially talks about them in the preview blurb

so I am genuinely asking because it is such a weird deal: what qualifies as a spoiler?

Like, the ending of Original Sin or how Apocalypse comes back in Axis or whatever are spoilers, yes

but technically so are the inversions and if we had to talk about everything relating to the inversions in spoilers like 80% of comics talk about the upcoming Marvel U would be in spoilers

or to use the Captain Falcon example, we'd have to spoiler every image of him and anything that mentions him and what have you

So, I dunno, what do you guys think? Personally I didn't think that New Avengers page was that spoilery although I can see how
    the Squadron Supreme Earth getting wiped out
    would be a cool moment some might not want ruined

but are all preview pages spoilered? I dunno! Opinions please!

Yeah but I actually really, really hate that they do that

Like for me, advertising that wolverine is going to die for like a year makes me basically not care at all

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

I can get this

It is just something I've been wondering ever since TWS came out when some people were saying anything involving Bucky should be spoilered which I thought was crazy since he has been a pretty active, prominent part of the MU for a decade now and that's a lot of stuff to have to spoiler

I think just referring to him as "the Winter Solider" is enough of a cover to avoid the need for spoilers

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    To me preview pages are the equivalent of movie trailers. You can choose whether to click play on a trailer though, and you can't for a preview, so I think they should be tagged & spoiled.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    To continue the comparison, comic covers are analogous to movie posters, and can be freely posted.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    yeah the wolverine thing has been a fucking mess

if I had a nickle for every time one of my non-regular-comic-reader friends asked me if wolverine was dead yet I could probably buy all the fucking variants for death of wolverine!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Here, I'll solve this debate: put comics previews in Spoiler tags. Consider it an official rule.

• Options
    Here, I'll solve this debate: put comics previews in Spoiler tags. Consider it an official rule.
    Right on!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'd also prefer it if we didn't post a dozen covers whenever solicitations come out but that's less a concern about spoilers and more an "I browse the moblie site a fair bit and it's more of a pain to navigate" thing

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    You finally get it! There are no heroes. Mankind is doomed.

Lesson number one

A hero?

Just a man who knows he's free.

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

I can get this

I think just referring to him as "the Winter Solider" is enough of a cover to avoid the need for spoilers
    Eeeeh

not really, because his past really heavily factors into a lot of his stories and also why he became Captain America

plus I mean, the title of his new solo book is literally titled "Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier" and there are all kinds of covers that spoil it and so on and so on

this is the stuff that is really confusing because while it was barely even hidden in TWS's ad campaign, it has been public knowledge in comics for such a long time that it makes discussing anything about Winter Soldier really annoying if everything he's been in is a spoiler

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    do you want an empty life or a meaningful death

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh hey!

Remember that pretty but really odd and kind of confusing cover for the new series?

Turns out it wasn't finished!
    oEwJna5.jpg?1

that looks way better

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm also asking because I spend a lot of time on the mobile site too and spoilers get borked a lot of the time, probably due to my phone being terrible, so if stuff like Winter Soldier has to be spoiled that heavily it becomes really annoying to navigate

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    do you want an empty life or a meaningful death

Can't I have both?

• Options
    hey, remember how they dropped the case against bryan singer for that sex ring he supposedly had?

welllllllllll...

• Options
    hey, remember how they dropped the case against bryan singer for that sex ring he supposedly had?

welllllllllll...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP3MuUTmXNk

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Some dude from Glee is playing Felicity's, then, hacker boyfriend in her origin episode on Arrow.

His name is Cooper Seldon

yes

he is a Sheldon Cooper joke

Arrow I expect better of you

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    !zabinga

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Izabinga is my favorite Persona

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Hey I love Felicity, but do we really need a Felicity Smoak origin story

Because I feel like we don't

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Which Bing Bong theory are you

Bazgo!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I don't know why, specifically, but out of all comic related names felicity smoak is the one that pisses me off. I really hate it.

• Options
    edited August 2014

Bazgo!

The biggest Bonger of the bing bongs? That's a bonging bing!

(Ow. My brain is bleeding.)

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular

Bazgo!

Definitely Bazgo.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I think it is because her name is spelled smoak

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    I think it is because her name is spelled smoak

if it helps, it's a real surname

http://www.houseofnames.com/smoak-family-crest

• Options
    Where there's smoak there's fyair

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I'm watching Justice League War (night shift and it happened to be on TV) and the moment about 10 seconds into this clip is goddamn hilarious. It's like something out of Looney Tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOhID9BMzf0

Too bad it probably wasn't supposed to be funny.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Some dude from Glee is playing Felicity's, then, hacker boyfriend in her origin episode on Arrow.

yes

Arrow has been known to use code names in it's casting stuff so maybe there is still hope.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »

Bazgo!

Definitely Bazgo.

Sherlaaaaaaaaaan!!!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Dritz wrote: »

yes

Arrow has been known to use code names in it's casting stuff so maybe there is still hope.

I mean, other than the fact that this implies that there is going to be a Felicity centered episode

Which sounds like the worst thing

• Options
    The episode is literally titled The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak so

(It was originally titled Oracle)

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.