As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PbP] Star Wars: An Age of Rebellion is upon us!

124»

• Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    Alons motions for the soldier who has been leading the way to take up position on one side of the door while he readies his pistol and takes another position on the opposite side of the door. He waves at the Twi'lek and motions towards the computer console. "If you don't mind, see about the door can you? The rest of you be ready, who knows what's behind here."

wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Deo simply gives a nod before adjusting his goggles beneath his coat's hood. He raises his rifle and flexes his fingers before letting one settle lightly on the trigger.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Aikau quietly looks to Alons and Deo. He takes up position, trying to cover the door and the groups slicer.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I forgot to mention, in case it isn't already clear, to do any task/fight/fly you just need to roll your own Ability and Proficiency dice, announcing exactly what it is you're doing, I'll roll difficulty and setback. Save you guys from having to ask how difficult something is each time

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Dermond takes up position with his light pistol out, finger off the trigger.
    Dunno if we were waiting on me

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I beleive we are waiting on the slicer to get the door open.

wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Even with a proper jacket on, it was blasted cold. Araiha crammed her gloved hands into her pockets, her fondness for this iceball wasn't going to increase any time soon. While the others were crowded around the door, she looked around at the snowscape...depressing and far too open. Araiha stomped her booted foot to keep the blood flowing..."Are you sure zat needs slicing? Ze door might be unlocked you know..." She grumbled as she stood behind the others eagerly blasters all at the ready.

Roll for Vigilance to look for places to duck into if it gets hot immediately...or for people hiding to pop out of?

Kirindal on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Sepfela opens the panel to the door code box and begins to mess with the wires to open the door.
    I guess this is how you do it?

Opening the door (Computers): 2eP 1 success
    p-s.pngp--.png

• Options
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    You'd need to roll your ability dice for intelligence as well, as that is the base stat for this task aside from training.

The wires inside the console are heavily frayed, and to the eye there is no discernible difference between each wire, what with frost damage.
    This check requires 2 difficulty and 1 challenge dice

• Options
    Grunts dice were correct. 2 Int and 2 Computers would be 2 Proficiency Dice.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Woo. That's a rough check. Definitely not what I was expecting.

• Options
    Ken O wrote: »
    Grunts dice were correct. 2 Int and 2 Computers would be 2 Proficiency Dice.
    ... yes, he was in fact correct.

I am a very sleepy boy yoday

• Options
    I thought I had read that right. I've only got a copy of the EotE beta so I'm unsure how much different the beta was from the final product other then a few stat changes.

• Options
    Are we dead in the water?

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    I'm not sure if Grunt needs to roll the difficulty dice or if Bray is rolling the difficulty dice to see the result of trying to open the door. Also im guessing school is starting for people so maybe schedules are crazy?

wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    In the interests of getting the ball rolling, I'm just gonna leave the success as is and cancel the difficulty

Despite the appearance of damage inside the console, most components still appear to be somewhat functional. It takes very little effort to swap around a few wires and with a sudden jolt of activity, all the electronics come alive and the door slides open.

Looking inside, the group can see a small corridor, with a few dis-used creates and other assorted items scattered along its path. every few meters on each side is a door, though the accessibility of some of them in questionable. The corridor ends at a fork, with one door found to the left and another found to the right. The left door is marked 'Servers' The right door is unmarked, but is quickly identifiable as the location of the voices, which are now louder.

Your commlinks all begin to beep as a slightly static voice speaks in a quiet yet urgent tone.

"Hey, Rann here. Have you guys managed to locate the outpost yet? Any sign of the data or the Leiutenant?"

• Options
    Alons responds back into the comlink. "Roger that, just arrived. Moving towards the objectives currently. Returning ASAP. Save us a window seat on the last transport off this ice rock."

Alons motions for the trooper opposite him to take point down the hall. "Let's check the servers first, need to secure that data."

wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    Deo eyes the door where the voices are coming from but nods and moves forward. He sets up position against the right wall, far enough back that he'll have a clear view into the server room, while also being able to respond immediately should the other door open. While keeping his gun trained on the server room, he tries to spare some of his attention to see if he can pick up anything in particular from the chatter in the other.
    Perception to Hear: 3eA 1 success, 1 advantage
    a-a.pnga--.pnga-s.png

• Options
    Difficulty posed by door: 1eD 0 successes
    d--.png

The voices coming from behind the door are heightened, with two distinct voices making themselves clear, one of which a pained, gruff voice, the other a calm, military voice with an Imperial Accent. Every few seconds, a scream of pain is heard between bouts of conversation.

'Moff Glarin is not an enemy you want to make, Lieutenant, so I ask again...'

'Go to hell, Imperial Scum. My rank is Lietanant. My name is Brevik. You're not getting anything else, so you can tell your Moff Glarin to shove it up his - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH'

A couple of seconds pass in silence.

'It would appear this one is useless to us. Kill him, so we can get out of here'.

• Options
    With Alons and Deo falling into command and point roles, Aikau remains quiet and ready for action. He squeezes the handle on his blaster, trying to work some warmth back into his hands.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Deo quickly raises a hand to those behind him. "Imps," he mouths, pointing to the second, unmarked door. He struggles with what to do next. He wants to create a distraction, something to save Brevik, but he doubts this crew he's stuck with would be able to react on the fly. Shit.

"Hey, LT, you here?" Deo suddenly shouts, dropping to one knee with his rifle fixed on the door. "What happened, the door jam again? We gotta go." The commando knew he was going to regret this. But he couldn't just let the soldier in that room die in the few seconds it would take to relay his plan to the others. Hopefully they could all think fast.
    In case you want Deception for making the Imps think I don't know they're in there.
    Deception: 3eA 1 success, 4 advantage
    a-s-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-a.png

And I'd like to spend those advantage on getting a boost to my Vigilance, and, if I can, I'd like to be able to get the benefits of an Aim maneuver here, since its a doorway, I can know where they're going to be.

Vigilance check w/Boost: 1eA+1eP+1eB 1 success, 2 advantage
    a-a.pngp-s.pngb-a.png

Maaaan.

• Options
    Seeing Deo drop into firing position, Aikua posts up behind him and aims at the door same door.
    He glances towards Deo and whispers, "Right behind you bruddah, I got yer back."

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Dermond does the same as Aikua, behind his fellow former Imp, choosing not to waste his breath on cheer leading and instead taking slow measured breaths to keep his heart rate down. He would have much preferred being at the controls of a star fighter right now, but that was still rather far down the list of things wrong with his current situation.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Alons is startled when Deo drops into firing position pointed at the OTHER door from where he was pointing. Assuming the trooper must of heard something, he switches and trains his blaster pistol on the door opposite the server room.

wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    She looked at the others positioning themselves around the unmarked door where all the talking could be heard from. Araiha gestured towards the server room with an hand and pointed eyebrow. Rann had been pretty clear on their priorities, if the other lieutenant was already in Imperial hands then any information still left in this outpost's server room was more important than one man's life. Araiha reached into her pocket to draw out her own blaster and pointed to herself and gestured at the server room door again, waiting for the Human taking lead to notice.

• Options
    Alons nodded towards the Twi'lek. "That's a fine idea. We will deal with the lieutenant and you check this server room."

wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    Taking her cue, Araiha moved across the hallway to the server room door and took up her position next to the door's control panel. As soon as the others made their move, she would quickly get into the server room during the chaos to retrieve the data the lieutenant wanted. She hoped that they had some datapads inside the server room to dump the information on otherwise it was going to be heavy work breaking out the computer cores to bring back to the base.

• Options
    Sepfela grabs her pistol and gets ready to fight.

All my games on the forum are about to go into combat. Much bloodshed for me!