As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gigantic: Returns April 9th, 2024!

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So uh, Pakko is probably my favourite assassin? I can even dress him as Tyto to continue to pretend I'm an assassin and not a bruiser.

He dumps so much fucking damage from like, level 3 onwards: RMB: A LMB: B, and Q: B. Congratulations, you can now burst for like 700 damage with like, 300 of that being an AOE stun.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I like pakko, i enjoy him on my team, i cant stand the voice for more than a couple of rounds. It is interesting that he can be super effective built as a tank, or built for damage. I hate when his snowball is tossed my way and it interrupts me.

This weekend, i might try out an assassin build for margrave with the people im playing with now.

Usually i go full left tree stun slam and full debuff escape charge and get focus generation. Coupled with hellburst focus gen, you can get off quite a few ultimates when you initiate teamfights.

The assassin build i think requires a bit of teamwork because its not really margrave doing the killing, and its kind of an all in build. You take the long jump slam and the overhead toss charge.

Pick a target for killing, jump and slam behind them and lmb them. Only when they move to escape, you charge them as they run past you. You stun them with your grab, and toss them over you to keep them around longer. Then you tentacle hand burst them dead. All the while you got a pocket dps or two shooting them.

Thats the theory anyways...

Edit** also, you could hold off on slam as an initator and use it to escape since the jump range is so far on this build. Not recommended for tight room fights i think. Might be good for sanctum and siren. Ghost reef is too compartmentalized and open at the same time because escaping means you need terrain, buts its *just* too spaced out and crowded at times.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I never really got Pakko (in spite of adoring him) when I was trying to make him tanky. His cooldowns are too long and he's not quite beefy enough to be your front line champion. Instead just building him to dump damage then either back away or dump stamina to bully someone on low health has being way more productive for me.

I kinda hope they release more capital T Tanks soon because Margrave while good isn't entirely my jam.

Ive been hearing thru the grapevine that the next hero will be a tanky dude.
    Named Stoneskin. That's all i know at the moment.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Aye, Stoneskin is the codename for that character.

Juice and Shadow are the others? Then there's uhm... Roland?

When doing Pakko, I run support snowballs then flip out and start mauling people at level 7 plus, heh.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited August 2017
    Just had this uber sweaty match where I'm pretty sure nobody died in the first 5 minutes despite everyone fighting.

Then 2 of the people on our team quit or the game crashed on them, IDK. We were winning then they were gone. One came back, so IDK what the deal was.

Slowly crawling up that 6000 MMR cliff though.

edit: course I would lose out on the night with crappy team comp matches.

oh god, then one of these nobodies messaged me saying I play the game too much to suck or some shit? oh boy. this game.

edit2: although, that did motivate me to play another match, wherein my team and I ravaged a group with part of a stack. went 20-20-2 on Imani.

tastydonuts on
    xenobia got more skins... nothing for aisling...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited August 2017
    Her gothic lolita looking skin will likely drop around halloween.

th?id=OIP.fuMj8R5ijC1xRw1T6N5XvgEsDV

tastydonuts on
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I just picked this up. Absolutely love it and bought the $30 pack.

That said, this is the first "MOBA" where I feel like supports are completely useless. It just seems like it is much better to fill that slot with a bruiser or ranged damage dealer.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Define supports. I mean Xenobia does work, Aisilng does work, Zandora does work, so does Sven.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Aisling is a beast and I will fight you about it.

Properly placed and timed, Cador's Warcry can shutdown an enemy team fight, and she can kill just about anyone who wants to 1v1 her. The only one I've started being ansy if not afraid of is Knossos because he can bleed and get permanent immunity to weakness. Not to mention, Cador can push and poke people holding up on a spot and force them to move or act with near no risk to Aisling.

I've started respecting xenobia when played by someone who knows how to use her, but that is very very few and far between. As far as all the other heroes, they all work, but you gotta have the right team composition. All supports gets stomped by everything, all shooters gets stomped hard by melee, all melee gets stomped by a balanced team. Everything gets stomped by a balanced team and then its down to player skill and team coherence. A sven that cleanses debuffs or a vadasi that knows how to heal can keep you in the fight longer and help weather the other teams abilities, or give you the healing you need to survive and escape means you didn't lose the power that allowed the enemy team to rampage, and maybe in fact lead to the enemy being a bit to greedy and end up picked off instead, letting you rampage.

The only one that I can say that doesnt really work is Griselma, except maybe on Ghost Reef. Griselma's mechanic of setting up in place hurts her. She can't shift to a different fighting locale the way the other heroes can. If you have an enemy team hellbent on taking D in Siren, or C or D in sanctum, sure, she puts of a lot of defense for those points. But if you have a team that is high tempo and switches points to attack a lot, she is at a loss. And she can't really 1v1 either. Shooters kill her demon hands first, and melee just pressure the hell out of her and force her to retreat. I almost want to say by herself, she is like 75% of a hero, but in a team fight, she is 135% of a hero... if she gets her hands up and running...

if anyone has different opinions about griselma, i'm open to hear about them.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited August 2017
    Honestly, how the game plays out depends greatly on team composition, both of player experience/rank and character.

Earlier on it'll be a lot of DPS racing because most players like to do DPS. A single vadasi or sven can throw those comps into a loop. Etc, etc.

tastydonuts on
    edited August 2017
    BTW: If you are starting out, limit how many bot matches you play as you do get MMR points for winning those matches (and I would assume can also lose them). It's not a lot, but if you play them enough then you will skew your MMR upwards, such that you can become Ramsay on someone's team with 5.7k MMR and end up with 0 kills, 4 assists and 5 deaths.

The dude was there the whole game... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: oh man, the MM for all my matches since this post has been just... terrible. got put up against 4 players with over 7000 MMR, another game where three of hte players on my team hadn't even played 5 matches yet... and oi. I don't think I'm going to break 6000 MR tonight. This... is the wall.

tastydonuts on
    whining aside (there's enough of that in the reddit sub for that), the "coming soon" for next hero is up too:

87tizu6hnpiz.png

Rutger is the name.

(H/T Reddit)

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to that guy. A big rocky tank? Sign me up!

Also, there's a new skin set for Knossos available, that features him "Rift"ified or something.

They look neat, esp the "red hot rage" variant, but I don't really play him enough to drop 1,200 rubies on it.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I've heard rumors of a pangolin character.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    You sure you're not thinking DOTA2? I'd be all down for a pangolin hero though!

The "Halloween"/Corrupted skins keep on rolling out.

Here's a video with Mozu's new skin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSeEwIvsEqQ

Also here's the Knossos video for his new skin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjI9tQCtCPQ

lastly, I broke MR 6000~ yay me! :P

those look pretty cool... still waiting for aisling skins...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited September 2017
    They'll probably use the gothy looking one from before? I'm really waiting for a new Imani skin.

I'll have to check when I get in if the Mozu is the case, but the Knossos skin has 3 versions, the red (shown), greenish color and another one. But the red version is the best, imo.

edit: the mozu skin has 3 versions, only The Conjurer's Cabinet version has shadow eyes evil Mozu though. But that could be an oversight or just a shop issue since her feet, hands, and tail are jet black on those other skins too.

tastydonuts on
    Corruption skins were just those 3. Next skins and a preview of the new hero on the latest Gigantic update video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAUov7G28Ls

edited October 2017

The skin you wanted is coming next week (along with the update, new char and map)

edit: @NotoriusBEN" - fyi

tastydonuts on
    I cannot wait for the new map! <3

yusssss

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    oh, there's also some kind of odd promo where if you play 35 games within 7 days you'll earn up to 2000 rubies.

Note, you don't need to actually play the whole lot to get them, you get rubies in ~5 game increments as you go along.

I like the new map, it's pretty intense conflict wise.

Yeah, I need to figure out how to safely engage those middle points, my Mozu's getting picked off by assassins because they're juuuuust far away from the guardian and other summon points that I burn all my escapes and they still catch me.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Well this is really sad to see: https://www.destructoid.com/perfect-world-has-shut-down-gigantic-developer-motiga-470691.phtml

I've really liked the look of this game since I first saw/played it at PAX East years ago, and was excited to see what the devs did with it. Will be a shame if it gets shut down this quickly.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    Well fuck. In the past decade I've only ever really gotten into two competitive online games, Battleborn and Gigantic. I feel I'm cursed. :(

edited November 2017
    Well, I guess now when people say Gigantic is dead I cannot tell them it's not. :|

It will still get the november release though. Also interesting that PWE acquired the studio, it didn't just partner with it (like Microsoft did).

tastydonuts on
    We have decided to reduce the staff of our studio. We appreciate the team's dedication and are extremely proud of the work we accomplished on Gigantic. A small core team will continue to work with our game's publisher, Perfect World Entertainment, to provide seamless support.

We're incredibly thankful to our outstanding community who have been with us since the game's announcement and want to reassure you Gigantic will continue to receive updates in the future.

Our November update passed certification today and is on track for release in just a couple weeks. Beyond that, we plan to continue with new heroes, balance updates, and other community requested features.

MO_Fillycheze Phil Frazier - General Manager, Motiga

Here's what a Motiga person is saying. November patch is still coming, the other stuff too.

(Source)

Contrary to reddit and twitter spam responses to any and all promotions for the game, Gigantic is still alive!

New Hero coming next week:

It is another robot that does robot things like... robots.

Neat! <3

Welp... not next week:

*sad trombone*

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I need to get back into this game, I kind of fell off during the holidays.

Maybe some day they'll fix the Mozu skill upgrade they broke in October. Maybe some day.

Obviously, that is why they delayed the update. :pop:

Boo:
    It is with heavy hearts that we announce the January Update is the final content update for Gigantic, and the game servers will be discontinued on July 31, 2018. The journey over these last few years was met with outstanding support from our players and we are all very proud of the incredible experience Gigantic is today. The team wants to give a big shout out to our awesome community - both those who have been with us since the beginning as well as those who just picked up the game recently. We want to extend our sincere gratitude to everyone who gave Gigantic a chance.

For all the amazing folks who continue to play and show passion for Gigantic, all Heroes will be FREE as the purchasing of Rubies and Hero Packs have been disabled. This includes our newest hero, T-Mat! Currency will still be rewarded in-game, and any Crowns or Rubies gained by an account will remain available to purchase Shop items at discounted prices. You can read more in our January Update Notes.

Discontinuing Gigantic was not an easy decision. The game is a unique and exciting experience that captured many hearts and minds. Unfortunately, it did not resonate with as many players as we’d hoped. Over the last several months, the teams at Motiga and Perfect World looked into viable options to sustain Gigantic. However, the current state of the game has restricted options for further progress and relevant content updates, and delivering basic features while also fixing long-standing issues was more complicated than expected. Despite our best efforts, we were unable to find an impactful solution that would help Gigantic break through in a crowded market.

Gigantic remains a labor of love to the Motiga and Perfect World teams who worked on the game. It pains us to let it go, and we cannot thank everyone enough who saw something special in Gigantic and its vision. We hope you continue to enjoy Gigantic until July 31st while the official servers remain online.

One last GIGANTIC thank you to our amazing community, and while the sails are up, we’ll see you on the airship!

Source