As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Samurai [chat]

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i fuckin dumpster dudes with zero idk wat u nerdz r doin

also i wish there was a bl2 character with a huge booty its a huge downside 2 the gam

obF2Wuw.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Borderlands is boring because it's 30% shooting, 30% dumb boring plot that never goes anywhere interesting, and 30% reviewing stats on dropped loot.
    I object to the second one if you're referring to Borderlands 2. If you're talking about the original Borderlands no objection.

I will accede that I played through BL1 and only put like 3 hours into BL2 because it felt like a less-engaging, FPS Diablo 2 and couldn't hold my attention.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I wish Warframe didn't make me literally ill to play

I want to play it : (

fuck gendered marketing
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    bl2 was amazing

handsome jack is the best video game character of the generation

919UOwT.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    bl2 was amazing

i think you mean claptrap

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    And ya'll say the Mister Torgue knows explosions
    he's pretty good at explosions, I'll give you that
    but he's small time by Tenno standards
    most of his guns shoot one rocket at a time, at a fairly slow rate of fire
    his best work is a shotgun that shoots three swords that explode into other swords, and that's pretty awesome
    but the Tenno say a pistol that fired rockets and could empty its entire three round clip in one blast
    and we said
    "not enough explosions"
    and so now my angstrum can shoot 15 rockets at once, each which has a high chance to poison the enemy or explode a second time
    I built an automatic crossbow recently, and I looked upon it and said
    "this'd be better if it was also a GMG"
    and so it was a GMG, and I saw it was good
    my freaking revolver's shots have a 50/50 chance to explode, and it's not even normally an explosive weapon
    we have a rocket launcher that's also a stealth weapon
    the arrows that our railguns that are pretending to be bows shoot have a chance to expode
    basically Torgue explodes hard, but Tenno explode harder

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    bl2 was amazing

i think you mean claptrap

That says a lot about you, Tav.

he said dismissively

Elldren wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    zero sux

be axton

use torgue
    I played as the big guy who has the two guns + health refill special. It's far more fun.
    he also is good

as is maya. and krieg.

zero sux. gaige sort of sux.

gaige is awesome
    gaige is meh/10

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Borderlands is boring because it's 30% shooting, 30% dumb boring plot that never goes anywhere interesting, and 30% reviewing stats on dropped loot.
    you are spending too much time reviewing stats on dropped loot

ignore greens and whites

ignore dahls and tediores

ignore non-torgue ARs

ignore non-vladof pistols

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

ignore greens and whites

ignore non-torgue ARs

Pffffft

Ignore all guns, melee only motherfuckers.

also the best video game character is actually that robot who wants to become human

that was the best

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

ignore greens and whites

ignore non-torgue ARs

Pffffft

Ignore all guns except the Rapier, melee only motherfuckers.

Fix'd

95% of the guns in borderlands 2 are butt by default, so any complaints that you're spending too much time checking guns just shows that you are not using said guns

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Less trash gear would really help Borderlands 2

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule

That would mean only 50 gazillion guns instead of 600 zimarillion guns

ignore greens and whites

ignore non-torgue ARs

Now Dahl pistols are actually really good, and some of their snipers are quite killy if you can work around their weird burst fire. Personally I just stick to Torgue or Hyperion pistols. Torgue has low enough recoil and a slow enough fire rate that you can actually fire with using the sights without running into problems with accuracy, and Hyperion pistols get to maximum accuracy fast and carry it over between reloads. The HUD's sights are a lot easier to use, and with the accuracy of a Hyperion pistol you're a headshot machine. Their lower base DPS is made up for by that headshot bonus.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

yeah

bl1 was actually better in this respect

a higher % of loot was acceptable

bl2 has an absolute ridiculous morass of terrible weapons

obF2Wuw.png
    you finished a major quest congratulations here are some chests filled with greens and whites

It's like they said in The Office
    "Would you rather have a lot of bad pizza or a moderate amount of good pizza"
    to which everyone replied "good pizza"

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Today I learned that poachers are now using poison instead of guns to kill elephants and rhinos.
    http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2014/08/17/poisons-and-poaching-a-deadly-mix-requiring-urgent-action/

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/files/2014/08/One-of-four-elephants-poisoned-for-ivory-in-October-2013-in-Zambia.-Note-some-of-the-476-vultures-poisoned-in-the-background.-Photo-by-E.-Sayer.jpg
    One of four elephants poisoned for ivory in October 2013 in Zambia. Note some of the 476 vultures poisoned in the background. (Photo by E. Sayer)

you finished a major quest congratulations here are some chests filled with greens and whites

if i were to make a lootfest game, there wouldn't be any whites or greens.

tediores are actually really good if ur zero btw

u can reload while in deception and it doesnt break

winky face

obF2Wuw.png

It's like they said in The Office
    "Would you rather have a lot of bad pizza or a moderate amount of good pizza"
    to which everyone replied "good pizza"

And yet Caesar's Pizza still exists.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am playing Dead Space 3. Its much less scary than its ancestors.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also sweet Jesus India have been utterly trounced and mugged and fucked silly in the last test. Sunil Gavaskar can barely contain his contempt and disappointment.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    @cB557‌

Calling you Casus Belli is meant only as a compliment :P

Don't worry, it's not meant to make sense. I am Narwhal, after all.

Also re-good morning, [chat].

This is my true wakefulness.

Narwhal...

Can you get on googley hangouts for a sec?

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I never played borderlands because it looked not fun

Most games look not fun to me now

I am an old

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    Were I to decide how to handle loot in the next Borderlands games, I'd just have it be that around the start of each story section, you'd get to order an assortment of guns to your specifications that would have the right killiness for challenging and fun gameplay throughout said section, and then in that section, there'd be a loot crate or two that would typically hold a single higher quality gun. So if you like it, you get a cool gun that's a bit killier than your other guns, but if you don't want to use it, you can just use your other guns that will still be fun to use throughout that section.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    My own mortality has caught up to me, no more time to waste on silly trivialities like video

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @skippydumptruck‌

i failed you bro

i'm real fkn mad about it bro

i checked it at 3hrs in last night and it was totally delicious and primed for consumption

but then i was like

1) oh i should leave it the whole night, people say more time in a slow cooker is better and
    2) i should add the other half of the tomato paste, i don't want to waste it and i guess a little sweetness wouldn't be bad?

then i woke up and saw it had turned into sort of a sludge, there's no standing liquid in the bottom at all and it's a bit too sweet, not as tasty

: (

should have just taken it off the heat at 3hrs and tossed the paste, it was perfect

i am going to preorder the next borderlands because i fucking love borderlands

i should prob go back and 100% bl2 as well

Were I to decide how to handle loot in the next Borderlands games, I'd just have it be that around the start of each story section, you'd get to order an assortment of guns to your specifications that would have the right killiness for challenging and fun gameplay throughout said section, and then in that section, there'd be a loot crate or two that would typically hold a single higher quality gun. So if you like it, you get a cool gun that's a bit killier than your other guns, but if you don't want to use it, you can just use your other guns that will still be fun to use throughout that section.

The loot whore aspect of Borderlands is like 99 percent of the appeal.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    borderlands 2 is a fun game despite gearbox's best efforts

i do not have high hopes for the pre-sequel.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I suppose making loot interesting in Diablo-clones is non-trivial. I can't think of a good way to do it.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    You have to become one with the loot in loot based games

I play a lot of marvel heroes

Now I don't even see grays, greens and blues, I only see purples and yellows.

I suppose making loot interesting in Diablo-clones is non-trivial. I can't think of a good way to do it.

I think i can think of good ways, but that's just me.

Ludious wrote: »
    You have to become one with the loot in loot based games

I play a lot of marvel heroes

Now I don't even see grays, greens and blues, I only see purples and yellows.
    this is true

"the loot in this game is all shit," says elendil as he transfers five new gold weapons to his sixth mule for storage

Lord knows the 1st game didn't have the greatest gameplay.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

There's not a good way to do it other than incentivizing picking it up anyway. Marvel Heroes does this by not only letting you sell trash to a vendor, but more importantly you can donate it to a crafter to level up that crafter's skills so you can craft more stuff.

It's not the best solution but it helps.

This discussion has been closed.