As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Monday, August 18, 2014 - Mr. Popularity

2»

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    JONGSCX wrote: »
    Awww, 20K unread emails... you guys are cute.

n2dnnc6xg54n.jpg

The best part of that image is that only 277 emails got flagged as spam.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    Zilla360orthancstone
  • Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Spam fascinates me. Like, who would go get freaking Lasik from a spammer?

Don't answer that.

It gave me Z-ray vision. It's like X-ray, but better. It's two more than X.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
    MichaelLCAndy Joeforty
  • ReiskaReiska Registered User regular

Don't answer that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Vikings ?

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Hmm...0 unread e-mails in my in-box, my spam folder, or in my trash. On any of my half dozen or so e-mail accounts.

Mainly because one of the first things I do upon opening my web browser is log in to each account, read and delete everything (well, only delete the unimportant stuff).

Apparently that makes me some kind of weirdo.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Don't answer that.

It's not Lasik from a spammer, it's spam mail from Lasik. There's a difference.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Hmm...0 unread e-mails in my in-box, my spam folder, or in my trash. On any of my half dozen or so e-mail accounts.

Mainly because one of the first things I do upon opening my web browser is log in to each account, read and delete everything (well, only delete the unimportant stuff).

Apparently that makes me some kind of weirdo.

You are good people.

Tim is on the InternetZilla360
  • T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    I clear out my spam folders regularly and try to configure my filters to not let that garbage cram up my inbox. If legitimate sites send me newsletters/special offers I'll probably unsubscribe. Even my work email gets like 1 or 2 spam a day conveniently in the spam folder compared to my coworkers who get 50-100+.

10+ unread emails would drive me mad.

• DanterionDanterion Registered User new member
    How can you people be so irresponsible? How anyone even goes over 100 is beyond me. Don't you know people might be expecting a reply from you? Is it that hard to just skim through e-mails? How about unsubscribing from shit you don't need anymore?

• KnytestormeKnytestorme Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    seems relevant, my phone about 5 minutes after reading this strip

1252 unread Gmail, 21477 unread in iMail

Knytestorme on
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    I am in full support of Gabe's position and now realize that Tycho is a worthless jackdaw.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    In Tycho's defense, the newspost from him is somewhat illuminating.
    So, those are the real things. But if you orient your sight orbs to the bottom of the second panel, you can plainly see Gmail is there. Gmail! Because while I have an iPhone, my device is utterly colonized by Google; most of the time I spend with the device - from the browser, to the mail client, to the maps - are all owned by another company. I can’t delete the Mail app, or I would! I sent an image file like a thousand fucking years ago because that’s the only option from Photos, and now I have whatever you would call the opposite of stigmata.

So he’s right, but for the wrong reason. Which means… I win?

So... LOL @ Apple I guess?

• jaardonjaardon Registered User new member
    edited August 2014
    Yay, finally something I can win at! I have 73k+ unread emails! What's my prize?

cl5hyc001ouq.png

jaardon on