As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video games must be destroyed with a Giant Bomb.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Zoe Quinn's tumblr has been hacked with a bunch of personal information posted on it to facilitate harassment of her and her family. Furthermore, video games must be destroyed.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yeah, video games aren't so good

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2014
    -Tal wrote: »
    Zoe Quinn's tumblr has been hacked with a bunch of personal information posted on it to facilitate harassment of her and her family. Furthermore, video games must be destroyed.
    This very forum had some weirdo dump a bunch of private conversations with her in a thread a few days ago.

One of my top five favorite bannings.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    there seems to be some serious grossboys mobilization against zoe quinn going on right now

you know for a while there the gaming feminist illuminati was going all right but I am increasingly seeing grossboys winning, successfully driving women out

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    What the fuck did she even do?

Not that it justifies anything

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    regardless of the whole zoe quinn thing

wow mr. fish sure has a neat twitter

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

She be'd a woman, apparently.

broken image link
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    broken image link
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014

She had a relationship with a journalist is what they ransacking her about. The journalist in question never did a review of her games. So being a woman was good enough, also anime avatars made them do it.

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hello giant bum thread.

What is the next big super hip WiiU game coming out this year that I should concern myself with that doesn't involve smashing brothers?

• Options
    Hyrule Warriors

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    under no circumstances should you concern yourself with any Dynasty Warriors game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't think this Sleepbot app is actually doing anything
    I'm pretty sure it knows fuck all about my sleep cycles and the "smart alarm" pretty much just goes off at the exact time I set it for

(which you would think you'd want an alarm to do but this supposedly might go off up to a half hour early depending on what stage of sleep it judges you're in based on motion detection and sound recording, and you're supposed to be more rested as a result)

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Gg I use "sleep as android" for android and it works pretty well for that purpose

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    under no circumstances should you concern yourself with any Dynasty Warriors game

Its been sort of weird watching people get hyped for that

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Gg I use "sleep as android" for android and it works pretty well for that purpose

Huh! This looks pretty fancy
    I'll give it a shot

• Options

I dismissed it early on but they've been showing some legitimately cool stuff since e3

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Huh! This looks pretty fancy
    I'll give it a shot

It works super well

word of warning: if your cat jumps on your bed at 3am its going to think you're coming out of your deep sleep and try to wake you up

otherwise its great

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The Dynasty Warriors style of gameplay is a fun enough concept that I think could get my money's worth out of buying and playing one maybe once a decade or if there is a cool new skin put on it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

I dismissed it early on but they've been showing some legitimately cool stuff since e3

What sort of stuff?

I find it nigh impossible to get excited about anything Dynasty Warriors related.

• Options
    you see, hyrule warriors is like the avengers of zelda

something something magic opens portals to the worlds of skyward sword, ocarina of time, and twilight princess, and characters from all these eras come together to defeat evil

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Phasen wrote: »

She had a relationship with a journalist is what they ransacking her about. The journalist in question never did a review of her games. So being a woman was good enough, also anime avatars made them do it.

As an aside, is the journalist a well known individual in the game reporting community? I want to know whose name goes on the ever expanding list of online assholes

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    you see, hyrule warriors is like the avengers of zelda

something something magic opens portals to the worlds of skyward sword, ocarina of time, and twilight princess, and characters from all these eras come together to defeat evil

Yes but

do you do anything other than push x

• Options
    Oh the people attacking her are from the usual places,reddit and 4chan. I dont wanna talk too much about this nonsense but it seems to just be anonymous assholes doing this.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Wait did that journalist leak that info? Is that the source of all this?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Her accounts were hacked is how all of this happened.

Phasen on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014

As an aside, is the journalist a well known individual in the game reporting community? I want to know whose name goes on the ever expanding list of online assholes

I read that as she had a relationship with a journalist and people made a bunch of baseless mental leaps and started harassing her about it or something

edit I mean I'm not sure I'm reading it right either, asking for clarification from somebody who might actually know

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I have been holding it together all week with all the horrible news coming out

but for some reason the Zoe Quinn stuff just makes me want to fucking cry and never stop

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Dynasty warrior is actually pretty great concept wise, I am pretty sure it will be a good game this time with the touch of Nintendo

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Oh the people attacking her are from the usual places,reddit and 4chan. I dont wanna talk too much about this nonsense but it seems to just be anonymous assholes doing this.

there's no "just" about it

she is being threatened, her friends and family harassed. That the people doing so are doing it from anonymous accounts doesn't diminish what she's being subjected to in the slightest.

She was actually supposed to do a panel on surviving internet harassment next week at PAX, but has apparently pulled out (for entirely understandable reasons).
    The Internet is full of empowering tools, but who are we empowering? It feels like the most toxic voices have strangled our ability to have a conversation, and we’re now used to a world where death threats and harassment are both expected and tolerated. Giant Bomb news editor Patrick Klepek has reported and commented on the industry while dealing with major life traumas, including the death of his father and colleague Ryan Davis. Designer Zoe Quinn experienced waves of abuse—both on and off the Internet—while trying to get Depression Quest on Steam. Their experiences have given them much to ponder about how we digitally conduct ourselves. Both will present stories of the personal impact these moments had, and what we can do about them.

I'll take sad fucking irony for 800, Alex.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    woops!

Phasen on
  • Options
    edited August 2014

the journalist is not involved with the harassment campaign, and has in fact been supporting her

this began when a different ex-boyfriend posted a bunch of shit online which grossboys rallied around

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Went jogging yesterday after work. Woke up and my neck must have been bent some stupid angle because now it hurts to look around AND my shins hurt.
    Am I broken? y/n
    I guess I should see if my folks got some extended warranty on me when I was born.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

hey

hey, this?

this is part of the fucking problem

don't you dare try and trivialise it by waving it off as anonymous assholes

they are people, like you and me, who we'll never meet, but have made the decision to do despicable things

don't you try and lessen that by attaching some notorious label and saying 4chan gonna 4chan

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

According to some tumblr, she was dating guy a and cheated on him with some folks. Which... doesn't seem like anybody's business? To me it's like couples arguing on facebook. Nobody wants to see that shit. Keep it behind closed doors, you know?

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

You know how in Game of Thrones Tyrion goes all "I am guilty of the crime of being a dwarf you motherfuckers"?

It's kinda like that except she's a woman.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Where did we get the term grossboys? These people are fucking assholes. Hell I'd be surprised if she ever looks at her Twitter again but I still shot her a quick message of support.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014

According to some tumblr, she was dating guy a and he claims she cheated on him with some folks. Which... doesn't seem like anybody's business? To me it's like couples arguing on facebook. Nobody wants to see that shit. Keep it behind closed doors, you know?

fixed that for you

all we know for sure is her ex started making claims while at the same time provided her personal contact information to anyone that would want to attack her for being a woman on the internet/female game designer/feminist while pretending they were doing it because "ethics"

whether or not his claims are true are A) unimportant, and CoolSmiley)None of our business, as you say

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    YaYa wrote: »

hey

hey, this?

this is part of the fucking problem

don't you dare try and trivialise it by waving it off as anonymous assholes

they are people, like you and me, who we'll never meet, but have made the decision to do despicable things

don't you try and lessen that by attaching some notorious label and saying 4chan gonna 4chan

That's not what I am saying. They are people with anime avatars running around acting like they have nothing to hide and shitting all over a public person. They are anonymous and they are assholes. They are from reddit and from 4chan. Some people in the thread misunderstood me when I was talking about the journalist and I wanted it to be clear it wasnt anyone that was known it was from unknown people who hide behind anonymity.

This discussion has been closed.