As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ANA[CHAT]DA

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Plus snarling at tourists when they bump into you is really fun and totally worth the hassle

"Oh oh! Could you do that again but say 'I'm walking here?'"

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Like my grandma is pretty much a less rich/affluent Lucille Bluth.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Somehow on the way to ceddys, whichever line that was, I managed to put like $40 on a new card and I already had one, and was trying to use it

I'm not technologically ignorant, I know how to use this shit, and somehow this still happened bafflingly

I think it's still in my wallet, probably expired

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    my parents have been vacationing in europe every year
    my dad wears only hawaiian shirts and wants to take pictures of basically everything
    suk it europe

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    when I visit the big city I don my sunday best

polish my shoes, make sure they gleam

I want to make a good impression

then the cabbie turns on the radio

and the Britney song is on

the Britney song is on

the Britney song is on

so I throw my hands up

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my absolute favorite tourists are germans

not young, good looking germans

but a family of germans, parents in their fifties, dad wearing socks to his knees with short shorts- almost american lederhosen, an accommodating compromise

so jovial, such deep voices

i hear a german family marveling at something and i just feel happier (tho also a part of me wonders if their dad was hans gruber and they're trying to ein-qaeda us)

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Man if Canada is so nice they must be preparing the end-all be-all apology to the First Nations.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    itt n00bs complain about being bad at public transit

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    tourists everywhere are awful but i think it's probably best to get over it. i've lived primarily in philly, nyc, and just outside tel aviv- tourists galore. they're out of their element, they're excited- they're also frazzled, worried about their itinerary and their finances. something snapped in my brain after the one millionth tourist faux pas i encountered and i've started to find them semi-endearing and funny.

This is true. There is something kind of adorable about tourists.

Also I mean I have no room to talk I come from a family of the most obnoxious tourists ever. My grandparents basically spend all their time traveling the world and I feel as though every country they visit becomes a slightly worse place for the experience. They come from the generation right before the baby boomers where they weren't old enough to fight in WWII, and as such are probably the worst that America has to offer in terms of obnoxious yuppie old people.

this just seems really mean i guess

In my experience every country I've ever visited loved having me

I was even offered citizenship a few times just so I wouldn't leave

I question the validity of your claim.

Citizenship, warrants for my arrest, same thing

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    i too am raging about that metrocard thing

the subway costs 2.50
    the path costs 2.50
    you can swipe your metrocard for individual uses on the path, interchangeably!

but for some reason time-based metrocards don't work on the path

i want my money back nyc

i want my fucking 17 dollars

Because the Port Authority runs the PATH and not the Metro Transit. So they can share direct funds but not unlimited fares since there is no easy way to divide the cost.

Honestly, I want the NY subways to work more like the path. Bank-account refillable hard plastic RFID cards that you can tap instead of swipe is just streets ahead of the flimsy bullshit we have on the subway.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    german tourist families are p cute when i see them on the subway it's true

poo
    Gooey wrote: »
    asian tourists are most assuredly not polite on public transit. asian women, especially, do not possess a moral compass on the subway. they were all raised in barns.

is this racist

DK once illustrated it perfectly: you're on the subway and there's an asian lady standing in front of you. you stand up just a tiny bit- say a thirty degree angle- to adjust your pants. you come back down and you're now in this woman's lap.

goddamnit it 's true

http://www.sigmundnyc.com/evbar.html

fried truffle cheddar pretzel?

dope

i want it

poo
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    german tourist families are p cute when i see them on the subway it's true

They always look so pretty

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Man if Canada is so nice they must be preparing the end-all be-all apology to the First Nations.

No, far too many Canadians hate First Nations peoples. :(

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    asian tourists are most assuredly not polite on public transit. asian women, especially, do not possess a moral compass on the subway. they were all raised in barns.

is this racist

DK once illustrated it perfectly: you're on the subway and there's an asian lady standing in front of you. you stand up just a tiny bit- say a thirty degree angle- to adjust your pants. you come back down and you're now in this woman's lap.

goddamnit it 's true

why didn't you offer her your seat you misogynist pig

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I think it's the posture of pad-camera folks

you can't both look like you value any self worth and take a picture with a pad computer at the same time

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

the subway costs 2.50
    the path costs 2.50

i want my money back nyc

Because the Port Authority runs the PATH and not the Metro Transit. So they can share direct funds but not unlimited fares since there is no easy way to divide the cost.

Honestly, I want the NY subways to work more like the path. Bank-account refillable hard plastic RFID cards that you can tap instead of swipe is just streets ahead of the flimsy bullshit we have on the subway.

OR LIEK JAPAN U MEAN

poo
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I don't know why people taking photos with tablets annoys me so much. It shouldn't. But seeing somebody standing in a crowd holding an iPad above their head trying to get a photo of a college just fills me with rage.

Mojo_Jojo‌
    when i was in tanzania on safari i saw another truck with people taking photos of zebras with their ipads

they looked so silly
    For some reason in my head using your phone's camera is fine, but using a tablet is mental illness.

I know it doesn't make sense.

Tablet is undeniably better for video recording, so long as the lens/sensor on it is good. Larger device, usually both hands being used for stability, better viewfinder...

You get less nausea-inducing footage off a tablet.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    _J_ wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    I as once walkig to work last year, and on my way there someone walking past said "You need to smile! It is a BEAUTIFUL day!"

He said this to me in a very angry tone. He was not smiling.

He was angry at you for not smiling.

You ruined his day.

My wife once said "It takes more muscles to frown then smile" and I replied with "Yeah, well it doesn't take any muscles to just keep a straight face."

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    THE CARDS WERE ALSO INTERCHANGEABLE SO U COULD USE THE SAME CARD IN DIFFERENT CITIES AND ON TRAIN LINES RUN BY DIFFERENT COMPANIES

poo
    shaz go marry japan if u like it so much

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

No, far too many Canadians hate First Nations peoples. :(
    Well that's not compatible with the stereotype at all!

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular

but a family of germans, parents in their fifties, dad wearing socks to his knees with short shorts- almost american lederhosen, an accommodating compromise

i hear a german family marveling at something and i just feel happier (tho also a part of me wonders if their dad was hans gruber and they're trying to ein-qaeda us)

Since I'm not one of the family tourists... am I one of the young, good looking ones?

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Oh, they apologized

They've done it a few times

It uh

It was not sufficient, because you know

Residential schools

*twitches*

the subway costs 2.50
    the path costs 2.50

i want my money back nyc

OR LIEK JAPAN U MEAN

Sure, other places have it cracked too.

But we have a nice local thing that is in some cases a 10 second walk away from the subway that shows just how archaic and bad the current metrocard system is.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Chanus wrote: »

is this racist

goddamnit it 's true

oh i see, assuming that because she's a woman she is physically frail and needs to rest more than i do

i thought this was the 21st century chanus

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    just got out of a conversation with a coworker re: the future of our office. Very depressing. Supposedly there is a firm date of Dec 2015 for this office closing, with layoffs in between now and then. I guess a couple of people were given their 30 day notice yesterday.
    Welp.
    I got 16 months max.

shaz go marry japan if u like it so much

washlets and fast trains man

that's all i request

bring me those here

poo
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

the subway costs 2.50
    the path costs 2.50

i want my money back nyc

Bullshit. You just keep track.

In Seattle the bus passes work on six different bus lines with one card.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    to be fair metro cards are pretty goddamn confusing

what do you mean unlimited cards don't apply to PATH rides

that's a fucking limit

you dicks
    DC's system is a bit confusing, but it's a big spreadsheet. A list of places you want to go, the price to go there. Rush hour, non rush hour, it can be a bit annoying. It's so easy to fuck up, each stop has fair machines, that let you pay the difference.

NYC, here's $3.50 give me a card and point me to the subway car with the least crazy people. Seems pretty simple to me.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

german tourists are the best

here they come in camper vans and matching track suits and are all in their 50s

doesn't get more jovial and goofy than that

ftOqU21.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

is this racist

goddamnit it 's true

oh i see, assuming that because she's a woman she is physically frail and needs to rest more than i do

i thought this was the 21st century chanus

no he's shorter than i am and has darker hair

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I think not understanding the peculiarities of a city's transport system is forgiveable. I don't begrudge people standing at the ticket machines in Cambridge train station having a panic attack because all they want is a ticket to London and instead they have a screen of options with confusing names that range in price from about £10 to £

But when you're in a coffee shop and a mid 50's American couple barge open the door, the husband shouting at anybody who looks like they work there,
    "HEY, do you y'all do like COFFEE. Like kawwwwwwwwwww-feeeeeeee. You know? Do you you?"
    Inevitably causing some eye rolling before an answer which the husband then relays to his wife still standing in the doorway, while people try to get in and.or out
    "Yeah honey, it looks like they do coffee here. I don't know though. What do you think?"

"I don't know, they seem pretty rude here"

And then somebody jams a teaspoon into the neck of the husband just to get him out of the doorway.

That is the problem with American tourists in France.

The school groups here just clog up the narrow pavements, step in front of bikes and make a lot of noise. Usually for every twenty you have one weary guide herding them along.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    just got out of a conversation with a coworker re: the future of our office. Very depressing. Supposedly there is a firm date of Dec 2015 for this office closing, with layoffs in between now and then. I guess a couple of people were given their 30 day notice yesterday.
    Welp.
    I got 16 months max.

on the plus side maybe now you can move somewhere where your wife will get better healthcare

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i

i had no idea that shaz was an animes

i swear!

919UOwT.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    if you get up from your seat you are getting up from your seat

you sit until you shall sit no more

it is known

ftOqU21.png
    I think not understanding the peculiarities of a city's transport system is forgiveable. I don't begrudge people standing at the ticket machines in Cambridge train station having a panic attack because all they want is a ticket to London and instead they have a screen of options with confusing names that range in price from about £10 to £

But when you're in a coffee shop and a mid 50's American couple barge open the door, the husband shouting at anybody who looks like they work there,
    "HEY, do you y'all do like COFFEE. Like kawwwwwwwwwww-feeeeeeee. You know? Do you you?"
    Inevitably causing some eye rolling before an answer which the husband then relays to his wife still standing in the doorway, while people try to get in and.or out
    "Yeah honey, it looks like they do coffee here. I don't know though. What do you think?"

"I don't know, they seem pretty rude here"

And then somebody jams a teaspoon into the neck of the husband just to get him out of the doorway.

That is the problem with American tourists in France.

The school groups here just clog up the narrow pavements, step in front of bikes and make a lot of noise. Usually for every twenty you have one weary guide herding them along.

international travel is a lot harder and more expensive for us which i think is probably a big part of us being ravenous wildebeests, irreverently eating all of your cultures

i

i had no idea that shaz was an animes

i swear!

only trains and robot toilets gooey

none of this animes bullshit

poo
This discussion has been closed.