Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

A God Damned Separate Thread On Political Outreach To Minorities

2»

• CapekCapek Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Capek wrote: »
    Yeah, stealthy racism was totally my angle.

Homerun AH.

Then perhaps you should be careful with the terms you choose to use. If you want to use a phrase that has baggage attached, go ahead - but you don't get to complain when it gets pointed out.

Not to fight with you about this, but you might want to consider whether you have too much of a hair trigger heuristic for detecting racism on this one. I understand what you mean about the phrase "identity politics", and the association you are referencing is definitely real.

But I didn't even use that phrase. I just wrote sentences that discussed identity and politics. Unless you are going to insist that the preponderance of historians, political scientists and sociologists working today are engaged in the equivalent of some crass uncle's thanksgiving day rant, you might want to refine your overly broad heuristic.

Capek on
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. - Fitzgerald
    JuliusDerrick
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Capek wrote: »
    But I didn't even use that phrase. I just wrote sentences that discussed identity and politics. Unless you are going to insist that the preponderance of historians, political scientists and sociologists working today are engaged in the equivalent of some crass uncle's thanksgiving day rant, you might want to refine your overly broad heuristic.

Well now, that's just overly dismissive and sexist.

Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

I make tweet.
    SicariiDerrick
  • CapekCapek Registered User regular
    I am undone.

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. - Fitzgerald