As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Law of the Wild [chat]

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    maybe I just have fewer occasions to call something stupid these days

or maybe it's just living away from stavanger I use dialect words more just to I dunno, fight back

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Also starting to think we ought to have a general costuming type thread but not sure if it's something we should do in HA or AC or something

I dunno if there are enough people in this sub forum or forum in general to support it, tho I will be starting a hhalloween thread probs

Yeah, people might gripe about an "early" topical thread but frankly I'm already behind schedule if I'm going to end up doing anything

Trying to think of a cool costume I can do with a lonnng black wig that isn't boring-ass witch costume

Might just make something up as I go, but that's always sort of lame

Hmm

Last year I took a black wig and styled it up for a Victorian character!

Cher? Heh

Jasmine! Loki! A vampire!

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Between my job, needing to buy cook and eat food, needing exercise and needing to be social and call my parents and clean my apartment and think about how to do my job better

Any free time I have is far too precious to be spent being bored

There's just too much shit to do

• Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    There are a lot of differences between my American and Arabic facebook feeds. But the one that keep sticking out is that the latter is exponentially more political.

I thought Facebook was supposed to algorithmically surround you with a bunch of like-minded friends with overlapping interest Venns.

It's mostly ice buckets and your standard cat pic, ironic meme image, youtube clip of something that happened last week, etc.

This forum and Twitter is much better at meeting my WTF is happening needs.

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Retarded is at least logical. "His cognitive development was retarded."

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I hardly ever say it anymore I realized

or the equally charming "mongo"

don't really know why my usage has and is dropping but that ain't really a tragedy

mongoloid is actually worse, cause it's racist, too.

"Derpy" has supplanted "retarded" in my vocab. I think it actually is a pretty excellent replacement. It means stupid without having a mental-disorder etymology, like so many other words that mean stupid.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Also starting to think we ought to have a general costuming type thread but not sure if it's something we should do in HA or AC or something

I dunno if there are enough people in this sub forum or forum in general to support it, tho I will be starting a hhalloween thread probs

Yeah, people might gripe about an "early" topical thread but frankly I'm already behind schedule if I'm going to end up doing anything

Trying to think of a cool costume I can do with a lonnng black wig that isn't boring-ass witch costume

Hmm

Cher? Heh

Jasmine! Loki! A vampire!

Kali

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Hel

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Between my job, needing to buy cook and eat food, needing exercise and needing to be social and call my parents and clean my apartment and think about how to do my job better

I feel that people often say that they are bored when what they really are is depressed.

I may be a bit biased there, but it's a genuine thought.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    BSoB wrote: »
    *PSA*

"Takin' care of Business" by BTO is sarcastic.

He's making fun of people who work jobs. The business he's takin' care of, is being 'self-employed' and doing nothing all day.

This is not an appropriate song to play in your "working hard" movie montage,

OR when the president of the college walks on stage and says "I asked them to pick a song that exemplified the attitude of our last year!".

So do you tell kids at the mall that santa clause isn't really and spit crackers on priests to prove it's still bread or what

Wait, isn't that your job?

Have you not been doing your job?

man what I am more like venom

I don't fuck with innocents

So wait, what did *I *do to....

You know what.

Never mind.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I like when words become offensive and you can't say them anymore. We get to invent new ones. It's open season and I've been cleaning this here gun for a long time.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular

Hmm

Cher? Heh

Heh
    Hm I will have to see if this wig styles well
    It is like 5+ lbs of synthetic hair

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    one year i spray painted a cardboard box silver and then put two dryer ducts on each side as arms and then got some battery powered christmas lights and wrote D.R.I.N.K.O. on the front in big black marker

I was D.R.I.N.K.O. the drinking robot! it was an awesome costume because people bought drinks for me all night as long as i kept going

"DRINKO. DRINKO. beep boop!" in a robot voice and then drinking a beer

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    *PSA*

He's making fun of people who work jobs. The business he's takin' care of, is being 'self-employed' and doing nothing all day.

OR when the president of the college walks on stage and says "I asked them to pick a song that exemplified the attitude of our last year!".

So do you tell kids at the mall that santa clause isn't really and spit crackers on priests to prove it's still bread or what

You know what.

Never mind.

Yet you hit post anyway

hmmmm maybe it's because you cruise for trim at sonic next to the highschool?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    I think I look awesome today. That's a nice change.

Pics plz

You don't believe me? ;-;

Uh no I like to look at cute ladies

Who doesn't?

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

don't really know why my usage has and is dropping but that ain't really a tragedy

"Derpy" has supplanted "retarded" in my vocab. I think it actually is a pretty excellent replacement. It means stupid without having a mental-disorder etymology, like so many other words that mean stupid.

apart from not being fun to say

but I've got plenty

maybe not in english but my dialect offers a vide variety; warm, blonde, onion, turnip, dense

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    one year i spray painted a cardboard box silver and then put two dryer ducts on each side as arms and then got some battery powered christmas lights and wrote D.R.I.N.K.O. on the front in big black marker

I was D.R.I.N.K.O. the drinking robot! it was an awesome costume because people bought drinks for me all night as long as i kept going

Did you run into Matt Groening that night?

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    everyone should be vampires

in miami

in the eighties

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

I feel that people often say that they are bored when what they really are is depressed.

I'm never bored when I'm not depressed

there's too many things I find interesting, that is, when I'm functioning like I should

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

but I've got plenty

maybe not in english but my dialect offers a vide variety; warm, blonde, onion, turnip, dense

What? Derpy is totally fun to say.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    If I switch tabs or apps away from this browser app then I get logged out of the forums

This is super annoying

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    everyone should be vampires

in miami

in the eighties

All pastel coloured capes and shit

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    So, I had my interview. I think it went great and I have good chancesof getting hired

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    That would make more sense

Hmm could be

• Options
    If I switch tabs or apps away from this browser app then I get logged out of the forums

This is super annoying

well file an APPeal then

yup. thought about it. hitting post reply.

• Options

but I've got plenty

not as an insult

actually no not as a word either I'm not a fan of saying the "der" sound

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    retardert is fun, sound-wise, because of all the harsh rs and ts

more fun than retarded

I like english better in writing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Holy crap, Legend of Korra really upped its game this season. Hell of an ending.

Holy crap is right.

Oh my god.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh

I can't wait till next summer. It isn't going to work.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    There's a roughly 50% chance that, after any significant length of silence, the next words out of my mouth will be "and iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii eeee iiiiiiiiiiiiii" Like Whitney Houston.

But I just stop there.

I feel like we're all learning something new today

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

but I've got plenty

not as an insult

actually no not as a word either I'm not a fan of saying the "der" sound

Ah, well, it being a lousy insult doesn't bother me. As the Glorious Edict has taught us, if your insults are strictly silly the level of discourse rises.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    retardert is fun, sound-wise, because of all the harsh rs and ts

more fun than retarded

I like english better in writing

That's pretty retahdid

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I see that the difference in buying TV show seasons in SD/HD is still $10. Cool, that's cool.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I don't like "derpy" or "herp derp" or any of those, because they're absolutely as mean-spirited as "retarded". Actually way more. They're written versions of walking around the schoolyard, mocking the involuntary vocalizations of the special needs kids, limp arm slapping at your chest. Carlos Mencia's obnoxious "de-dee dee" sound is the same.

There are better ways to make fun of someone's intelligence.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    *PSA*

You know what.

Never mind.

Yet you hit post anyway

Lud my man, you need to work up some new material. You've had the same 2 insults in rotation for far too long now.

Try harder!

Hit me where it hurts!

• Options
    My doge is cute.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    'Stupid fuck' makes you sound a bit unhinged, but I like it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »

Did you run into Matt Groening that night?

no i dont think so unless matt groening happened to be in a gross dive bar in a college town

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Leadership tactics with Winky: When I find that complaining about some particular issue starts to become problematic among a team, some variation of "I understand what you're saying, but you're offering me problems, not solutions" does a really good job of putting people in a more constructive head space.

Of course, convincing a person that their proposed solution is unworkable is a lot more difficult.

Also, in general I feel that the most powerful persuasive/argumentative tactic is definitely sympathy. Prefacing counter-arguments with validation ("I totally understand how you'd come to that conclusion" or "I would feel the same in your situation") does a ton to win someone over to your side; 1. you show that you're recognizing that their emotion or logic is valid (and if it isn't valid, that their mistake is an understandable one given their position) and that you view them as an equal, 2. you invite them to attempt to sympathize with you and your position in turn.

This has been leadership tactics with Winky.

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    I'll be bored in the future when my mind is uploaded unto a computer and I'm making the 1834th mahogany table leg in my collection. Until then I'll be constantly procrastinating from crippling self doubt.

• Options
    *PSA*

You know what.

Never mind.

Yet you hit post anyway

Lud my man, you need to work up some new material. You've had the same 2 insults in rotation for far too long now.

Try harder!

Hit me where it hurts!

OK.

You're an emotional kiddie pool and your depth is comprised of fucking 18 year olds and wearing vests.

how's that?

This discussion has been closed.