As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mighty Morphin Power Thread: where we of course talk about TMNT

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Linkara has continued his History of Power Ranges series with RPM. If the links on the site don't work he also has them posted on Blip.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm interested to see what he thinks.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The behind the scenes stuff Linkara goes into for RPM is super-fascinating

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Just saw the HoPR thing for RPM.

Like Jungle Fury, it looks interesting and like one I'd like to try out if given the chance. RPM is supposed to be on Netflix, right? I'm planning on getting Netflix next week for Daredevil, so if so maybe I'll have time to check it out.

Pretty surprised at some of the stuff they apparently did in this series (ie. Doctor K's backstory). I guess Disney just wasn't paying any attention anymore since as far as they were concerned the franchise was over?

Also, I originally thought this was the series where the original pitch was to have Tommy back building some team of a bunch of different Rangers and having a Ranger War or something, and was surprised that Linkara didn't talk about that. But some quick googling reveals that was apparently the original plan for Ninja Storm, not RPM. I guess I'll have to rewatch his Ninja Storm video at some point to see if he mentions it there.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I hope Dr. K and Ziggy used these guys when they bought a house together
    ls.jpg

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Apparently that company that's putting the series on DVD also put out a dvd set of Zyuranger (the series that got adapted into the first season of Power Rangers) with official subtitles.

Bit expensive though. I'm still halfway considering it since I've never seen any of the sentai series. That one and Dairanger are probably the only ones I'd try out though (Zyuranger for being what the original was based on, and Dairanger for having been largely skipped over except for it's Zords and White Ranger), at least out of the early ones.

• Options
    mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    Dairanger is in my opinion vastly superior to Zyuranger. But the Zyuranger DVDs are still worth the money I think. Mostly to let Shout Factory know that this is a good idea and that they need to hurry up and put out Dairanger :P

Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
    p4.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Linkara has continued his History of Power Ranges series with RPM. If the links on the site don't work he also has them posted on Blip.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm interested to see what he thinks.

Me too....even if that means having to put up with his voice again.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I'm catching up on season 3 of Ninja Turtles.

I love that they finally added Bebop and Rocksteady to the lineup.

Zeck and Steranko are such fun characters, I'm glad they've become regulars.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I'm catching up on season 3 of Ninja Turtles.

I love that they finally added Bebop and Rocksteady to the lineup.

Zeck and Steranko are such fun characters, I'm glad they've become regulars.

i kinda miss them being random dumb thugs, but yeah i've liked what i have seen so far.

• Options
    ahah oh god, Krang Sub-Prime makes a return appearance.

And he's giving the others shit about their terrible english.

• Options
    WE"VE BEEN ON THIS PLANET FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE NOT KNOW THE FUCKING LANGUAGE BY NOW

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So, the sixth ranger for the current Super Sentai team premiered this weekend. Check the box if you want to see what Power Rangers' second ninja team will get in a couple of years or so.

• Options
    Yeah ok

• Options
    edited May 2015
    This was put up over at the new superhero-thread but I figure this is worth a repost here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmKVE3NYMI
    Yeah, he's actually in the video.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I like that first guy interviewed. "I think if it were hand-to-hand, Ryu would have the upper..." aw crap, I didn't think this through, is there anything else I can say? No? Well, just power through it. "...hand."

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I really liked the Green Ranger suit they used for the fight. I wouldn't mind at all seeing the rest of the MMPR team decked out in a similar design.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Jason David Frank is an incredibly good sport for all the stuff he still does for Power Rangers, official or otherwise.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I really liked the Green Ranger suit they used for the fight. I wouldn't mind at all seeing the rest of the MMPR team decked out in a similar design.

They have messed with the green ranger suit a lot over the years in different media

I like that he's evil green ranger in that video

I ALSO like that in that series, they have done Scorpion Vs White Ranger and Ryu Vs Green Ranger

So the answer to the eternal: who would win, ryu or scorpion, is apparently Tommy Oliver

• Options
    edited May 2015
    The Geek wrote: »
    Jason David Frank is an incredibly good sport for all the stuff he still does for Power Rangers, official or otherwise.

He really does seem like a genuinely nice guy who continues to support all of the fans who grew up watching his stint.

But I keep thinking back to Yost's claims about how he was bullied on the set for being gay, and that JDF looks like the sort of person who would have gotten in on that.

I would love clarification that it wasn't the case, or if it was he's since apologized.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I seem to vaguely recall that David Yost's mistreatment came from behind-the-scenes people (ie. producers, directors, etc.) and not the other actors.

Also, I remember seeing a photo of David Yost hanging out with JDF and I think Walter Jones and having dinner or something recently, indicating they may be on good terms.

HERE, I found it.

Edit: Also, there's THIS

Lars on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Yeah Yost was bullied by production staff and since the cast was deemed replaceable they couldnt really do anything. Its part of why Saban getting the rights back really irked me even though its not really the same company anymore

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The Two Best Friends have been ranting about Saban lately as an individual, so I'm wondering what he's personally done to garner such notoriety.

• Options
    Well their lawyers viciously shut down anything unofficial with Power Rangers in it.

Including Fanfiction.

Fanfiction.

• Options
    The Geek wrote: »

He really does seem like a genuinely nice guy who continues to support all of the fans who grew up watching his stint.

But I keep thinking back to Yost's claims about how he was bullied on the set for being gay, and that JDF looks like the sort of person who would have gotten in on that.

I would love clarification that it wasn't the case, or if it was he's since apologized.

Yost specified in an interview that it was the crew, not the cast, that mistreated him.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Well their lawyers viciously shut down anything unofficial with Power Rangers in it.

Including Fanfiction.

Fanfiction.

While it reached a satisfactory conclusion, that whole business with Chroma Squad was something else.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/JGu3xckM-Tc

A quick slideshow of the original Megazord toy coming for the Imaginext line.

• Options
    So, someone is apparently looking to put together their own power rangers fan thing in the not-too-distant future.

I came across the listing on Casting Call, and I couldn't resist having a go at a few of the monsters.

yo @Chincymcchilla you should check this out. :D

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Whoa I forgot this thread existed

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    If you were one of the basic minions from any PR series, which would you want to be?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    If you were one of the basic minions from any PR series, which would you want to be?

Doesn't matter, they all have a lifespan on par with a fruit fly.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    most of them are soulless automatons of some sort

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Can soulless automatons unionize though?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »

Can soulless automatons unionize though?

Let me tell you about the golems of Discworld.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

But can Tenga Warriors be Baptized?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

Yes, but they dissolve in holy water, so it's sort of a self-defeating process.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

And if the movie taught us anything, they leave quite the mess.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options

Well that just raises the question of whether Baptismal water is inherently holy water.

If someone is Baptized in a river, does the entire river become holy, or just the immediate water surrounding the Baptism?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hi thread, I just watched the crossover with TMNT last night

it is bad

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

it is bad

How bad

as bad as Turbo

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »

it is bad

How bad

as bad as Turbo

Bad enough that I try to forget that it happened.