As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mighty Morphin Power Thread: where we of course talk about TMNT

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    most of them are soulless automatons of some sort

But can Tenga Warriors be Baptized?

Yes, but they dissolve in holy water, so it's sort of a self-defeating process.

Well that just raises the question of whether Baptismal water is inherently holy water.

If someone is Baptized in a river, does the entire river become holy, or just the immediate water surrounding the Baptism?

I dunno about actual religious dogma, but the way I see it, baptism itself is a holy act, so the specific water used would be made, at least, temporarily holy in the process. You probably couldn't kill a vampire with baptismal water after the fact, but I would imagine that the water used, at the moment of baptism, would count.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    It's worse than the second half of Turbo!

It's not as bad as Turbo A Power Rangers Movie.

Also it has unbelievable implications re: canon in the Power Rangers universe.

Because the Turtles and the Rangers mutually believe each other to be fictional.

So I guess Shredder lifting New York into the sky or whatever and Angel Grove being repeatedly shredded to pulp doesn't make news cycles coast to coast.

And yes I realize I'm basically lighting up the morphing grid signal by saying that I KNOW.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

Because the Turtles and the Rangers mutually believe each other to be fictional.

So I guess Shredder lifting New York into the sky or whatever and Angel Grove being repeatedly shredded to pulp doesn't make news cycles coast to coast.

And yes I realize I'm basically lighting up the morphing grid signal by saying that I KNOW.

Other than crossovers with awful shows, how do you feel about 'In Space' so far?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    In fairness, there are many instances of new rangers not believing rangers/monsters are real, despite how insane that becomes after 10 years or whatever

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Other than crossovers with awful shows, how do you feel about 'In Space' so far?

It's a massive step up from Turbo for sure, though I don't know why they kept Elgar of all possible henchmen. WHY? WHY NOT RYGOG? WHY NOT RITO? WHY NOT MOTHERFUCKING GOLDAR?

Also if someone were to take In Space and replace the audio in every single instance of Andros opening his mouth with Hanson's "Mmmbop", I, I would watch that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    If you need a palette cleansing from the TMNT side, I've been watching the 2012 CG series and have been enjoying it.

Best Splinter by far.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    As much as everyone jokes about Tommy's hair, Andros' hair is just fucking insane in comparison.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    It's a good thing that Andros has a space surfboard because I literally can't imagine him anywhere else than on the beach with a surfboard.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    If you need a palette cleansing from the TMNT side, I've been watching the 2012 CG series and have been enjoying it.

Best Splinter by far.

I got kinda burnt on it in season 3.

A big part of it was leo being voiced by Seth Green of all people.

It just never stopped bugging me. Dude is a horrible VA.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    As much as everyone jokes about Tommy's hair, Andros' hair is just fucking insane in comparison.

Andros' hair is worse because it was in 98 instead of 93

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Turbo was pretty bad.

But the bit where Divatox calls Rita in the middle of the night for advice on beating the Power Rangers is the best thing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Oh god, Andross absolutely is the Lost Hanson Brother isn't he?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Turbo was pretty bad.

But the bit where Divatox calls Rita in the middle of the night for advice on beating the Power Rangers is the best thing.

Hey @SimBen

Does Rita/any Villain actually react to cast churn at all or do they just pretend like its always been those people

• Options
    Turbo was pretty bad.

Hey @SimBen

Does Rita/any Villain actually react to cast churn at all or do they just pretend like its always been those people

Nah not really. The assembled Evil of the Universe seems obsessed with destroying The Power Rangers as an entity and have very little interest in destroying them as people.

It mostly looks like a turf war against Zordon by that point, if we're being honest.

sig.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    hey that tmnt platinum game is out on may 24th

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    Turbo was pretty bad.

Hey @SimBen

Nah not really. The assembled Evil of the Universe seems obsessed with destroying The Power Rangers as an entity and have very little interest in destroying them as people.

It mostly looks like a turf war against Zordon by that point, if we're being honest.

I ask because I rewatched the scene where bulk and skull find out who the power rangers are finally

And I still really like it but like

They don't actually have any connection to the In Space team, and they act like its the people they've always known

• Options
    hey that tmnt platinum game is out on amy 24th

I am really excited for that thing, I hope its good

• Options
    Turbo was pretty bad.

Hey @SimBen

I ask because I rewatched the scene where bulk and skull find out who the power rangers are finally

And I still really like it but like

They don't actually have any connection to the In Space team, and they act like its the people they've always known

That always happens. By the time Bulk and Skull become humans again in Turbo literally every Power Ranger is someone they've never met

and they still act like old buddies

sig.gif
  • Options
    For what it's worth, TJ is the one who ends up befriending them the most so far out of all Rangers.

sig.gif
  • Options
    For what it's worth, TJ is the one who ends up befriending them the most so far out of all Rangers.

I remember liking TJ okay

• Options
    TJ is far and away the worst actor to be a Ranger so far

but he's pretty lovable

sig.gif
  • Options

but he's pretty lovable

so you haven't watched operation overdrive, huh

• Options

but he's pretty lovable

so you haven't watched operation overdrive, huh

Hullis tell me again about how much you hate Time Force Red because of his unfortunate facial deformity, a.k.a. Duck Face

• Options
    HE HAS SOME REAL BAD DUCKFACE AND I CAN NEVER TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY

• Options
    HE HAS SOME REAL BAD DUCKFACE AND I CAN NEVER TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY

you're an ableist and I won't stand for it

• Options
    that's not what ableism is!!!!!

his shitty face isn't a legitimate thing

• Options
    Yeah, Chincy, clearly he's facist.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Uuiuuughhhhhh

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Uuiuuughhhhhh

Excuse me, but please stop being selfish.

There's no 'i' in Uuuuughhhhhh.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    With this active again, I think I'll remind everyone here that the History Of Power Rangers webseries by Linkara is now currently caught up to Megaforce if you want to see his opinions are on that dragged-out trainwreck. He's also doing touch-ups of the earlyl episodes to make them more Youtube-friendly since they were initially hosted on Blip. The first season's redo can be found below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6d0wh8g70Y

Owenashi on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Here's 11 minutes of gameplay from the Platinum TMNT game:
    https://youtu.be/qx6e3gxSoJ4

Highlights:
    -All 4 turtles run around and fight on-screen at all times
    -Character switching mid-combo
    -Climb buildings and ninja-parachute whenever you want
    -Rail grinding
    -Over the shoulder shuriken throwing
    -Cutscene mocap is hilariously Japanese

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    If you were one of the basic minions from any PR series, which would you want to be?

Probably a Putty Patroller, if only because they look like they have a good time when they're off-duty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61aIjuV5AGM
    Oh god, Andross absolutely is the Lost Hanson Brother isn't he?

I always thought he looked more like Legolas.

Lifting New York...?

Wasn't really a thing here. The crossover was with Next Mutation, which was something of a largely Shredder-less (they write him out early on, bring him back later but never got to go anywhere with it) pseudo-continuation of the movies.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Holy shit they did do a whole fake talk show segment one time didn't they

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

Best Splinter by far.

When does this happen? I started season 2, and Leo's still the same VA.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I was tempted to put this in the Tokusatsu thread since it's more active, but it seems to be a purely Power Ranger thing, rather than Sentai:

They finally released some info on that Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: Mega Battle game that was announced a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsLDrgGjyOA

Some interesting redesigns, although sexy Rita is an odd choice.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

Best Splinter by far.

When does this happen? I started season 2, and Leo's still the same VA.

Jason Biggs has a nsfw twitter and Nick fired him after linking to it. They injure Leos throat at the end of season 2 and use it as an excuse to change VAs.

Seth is fine imo. Definitely not worth giving up on the show

Edit-Lord that MMPR game looks terrible. Inventing time travel to go back and get a flash program from 2002 must have used a lot of the budget

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Edit-Lord that MMPR game looks terrible. Inventing time travel to go back and get a flash program from 2002 must have used a lot of the budget

It's very 90s beat-em-up looking. It will probably be a discount digital title, which is too bad, since the concept could have made for a fun Musou type game.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Cururu wrote: »

It's very 90s beat-em-up looking. It will probably be a discount digital title, which is too bad, since the concept could have made for a fun Musou type game.

It had better be very 90's beat-em-up. That's, like, the entire point of the game. Its raison d'être, as it were.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Cururu wrote: »

It had better be very 90's beat-em-up. That's, like, the entire point of the game. Its raison d'être, as it were.

I'll still probably get it, as long as it's not expensive. I haven't played a good beat em up in a while.

They're relaxing!