As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mighty Morphin Power Thread: where we of course talk about TMNT

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    When I first played with my brother I made a rule that we don't hit each other, just stop short and pretend too.
    This worked for 10 years until he jumped off the stairs onto my head.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    One of my favorite Power Ranger moments was in the Turbo movie.

Divatox is so desperate to stop the rangers she phones Rita for advice.

Rita gets woken up by the phone, all "THIS BETTER BE IMPORTANT"

"Sorry RIta, forgot about the time change."

"WHAT DO YOU WANT"

"I need advice on beating the power rangers!"

"THE POWER RANGERS? PFFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

"IF I KNEW HOW TO DO THAT, DO YOU THINK I WOULD SLEEPING NEXT TO THIS?"

She holds the phone over Zedd's face

"SNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE"

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Also I just want to say that Rita is probably my all-time favorite ranger villain, just because she was so ridiculous.

The voice was awful, but they just ran with it.

Remember that time Goldar and co tried casting some spell to make Kimberly evil. Then it didn't work but gave her a silly Rita costume and so she just ran with it and acted like Rita all

"HURGLE BURGLE, YOU NUMBSKULLS NOW I HAVE A HEADACHE"

and they're like "Fuck, this worked too well, ABORT"

edit: Oh shit, found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OG_r7Yzx0E

Goatmon on

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Probably the best acting Amy Jo Johnson's ever done

• Options
    Isn't Johnny Yong Bosh one of the only rangers who kept doing neat acting things?

Granted I think he just does voice work and not on-camera stuff these days, but that's still pretty awesome.

I say ranger, and not actor in general, because that also includes Bryan Cranson. :P

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
  • Options
    Oh shit, I've been meaning to find that video.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Isn't Johnny Yong Bosh one of the only rangers who kept doing neat acting things?

Granted I think he just does voice work and not on-camera stuff these days, but that's still pretty awesome.

I say ranger, and not actor in general, because that also includes Bryan Cranson. :P

The guy who played the second Red Ranger - Rocky? - still does voice work, I think

He did Vash the Stampede, and both the main character and Adachi in Persona 4

Least I think it was him

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You're thinking of Johnny Yong Bosh.

Goatmon on

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It was quite a surprise when the Pink Time Force Ranger was Ted's sister in HIMYM.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Man, my uncle sneaking me out to see the Power Rangers movie is one of my fondest memories. I feel like I should try and pick up some of this stuff again, but I have so many other things to watch as well....

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    More like Mighty Morphin' Poor Man's VR Troopers

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    So poor it survived beyond one season.

• Options
    Quality > quantity

Firefly > Cleopatra 2525

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Quality > quantity

Firefly > Cleopatra 2525

i actually like cleopatra 2525 more.

Like it's real bad.

REAL bad, but it was a lot more fun to watch than firefly.

• Options
    I never actually watched the show, I just remember it existing so when I read the synopsis I burst out laughing.
    When complications arise during her breast augmentation surgery, 20th-century exotic dancer Cleo (Jennifer Sky) is put into suspended animation.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I never actually watched the show, I just remember it existing so when I read the synopsis I burst out laughing.
    When complications arise during her breast augmentation surgery, 20th-century exotic dancer Cleo (Jennifer Sky) is put into suspended animation.

for over 500 years.

It was really dumb and bad. but man when you're a teenage watchign attractive young women in skimpy outfits do cool things is exactly what you want on saturday at 2pm.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »

for over 500 years.

It was really dumb and bad. but man when you're a teenage watchign attractive young women in skimpy outfits do cool things is exactly what you want on saturday at 2pm.

Oh Xena and Gabrielle...

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

for over 500 years.

Oh Xena and Gabrielle...

yeah it was in the same programing block as them. Same with the Bruce Campbell i can never remember the name of.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular

for over 500 years.

Oh Xena and Gabrielle...

yeah it was in the same programing block as them. Same with the Bruce Campbell i can never remember the name of.

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    No, Jack of All trades.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    No, Jack of All trades.

Ooh, that would make more sense. The one I mentioned aired closer to Hercules and Xena than Cleopatra.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I've loved many Power Rangers seasons, but I love Gokaiger even more. And I think I love it too much to watch whatever they're doing to it in Super MegaForce

Especially since I watched several episodes of Mega Force and the acting was bad even for PR (except for Jake, I liked Jake)

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm really loving super Megaforce

The cheesiness is part of the charm for me, but it may help that I just don't have any interest in the sentai

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    McHoger wrote: »
    McHoger wrote: »
    Why has there never been an orange ranger?

This is a travesty!

The current sentai has one, so there'll be one eventually. Unless they skip that season.

They've been using most of the new sentai, so probably

Is he actually CALLED an orange ranger though

Because theres some weird stuff where like

A ranger has been white with pink highlights and they are called the pink ranger, and shit like that

I don't think he's called orange because he's the sixth ranger. I do know because of the 2 season thing with Nick, they are mostly skipping Gobuster, so it's not guaranteed anymore.

Hmm

I mean tommy was the sixth ranger and they still called him green but I guess since then its been rarer

Its cool to hear some new colors are incoming!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    On the subject of team colors, there's gonna be a handful in Dino Charge. Even though this is a clip from it's Japanese source, I'm gonna put this one in the box for those that want to be surprised by what's used.

Woah
    purple looks awesome

• Options
    More like Mighty Morphin' Poor Man's VR Troopers

Oh man vr troopers

Such a terrible theme song

At least beetle borgs got that part down

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    How about Tattoeed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    How about Tattoeed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills?

I'm pretty sure I saw an episode or two of this as a kid but couldn't tell you anything about it other than it looked like shit

• Options
    TTAFFBH01.jpg

....wow

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Ha ha ha, that's just some crappy fanart from deviantart, right?

right?!

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Ha ha ha, that's just some crappy fanart from deviantart, right?

right?!

Nope

that happened

It reminded me of the 57 ripoffs of TMNT a few years earlier

• Options
    We were talking about Ranger colors last night and I spent some time trying to find them but

I feel like when I was a kid I had some ripoff power rangers toys from the Mighty Morphin Era, one that was orange and one purple, that were a scorpion and raptor ranger

I remember not realizing they were ripoffs and waiting patiently for those characters to be introduced

But I can't find any visual evidence that this ever existed even though I remember it pretty vividly

• Options
    TTAFFBH01.jpg

....wow

The show seemed to constantly waver between being a Power Rangers knock off and a Power Rangers parody and could never settle on which it wanted to be.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    To this day, I am not sure if it was supposed to be a send-up or not.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    To this day, I am not sure if it was supposed to be a send-up or not.

To be fair sometimes I'm not sure if power rangers itself is a parody or homage

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Cl7AM9Fdc

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Cl7AM9Fdc

That one isn't thatuch weirder than some of them that ACTUALLY HAPPENED

Like cowboys of moo mesa and biker mice from mars

• Options
    edited August 2014
    So a theory question I've always wondered about

Do the costumes exist outside the powers?

I always thought they were only accessible by morphing, and that they were part of the grid somehow

But someone reminded me that when the dangers switch to zeo, they hang the mmpr suits up in the command center, after the morphers no longer worked

Soooo how did they get those suits? Do they just exist somewhere?

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Okay you made up Cowboys of Moo Mesa

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay you made up Cowboys of Moo Mesa

DID I GG

wildwestlogo.jpg