As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This just in: Old games come to [Steam]!

19495969798100»

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Maguano wrote: »
    so FF7 is the one that spawned all the xxxSephirothxxxx names since 97/98, right? so yeah, that's the last one i played. (i don't count the failed mmorpg one). what have i missed since then? (or rather, which to play since then)

Which ones have you played of the pre-FF7 era?

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    so close to 100.. wonder who is posting new thread?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    so FF7 is the one that spawned all the xxxSephirothxxxx names since 97/98, right? so yeah, that's the last one i played. (i don't count the failed mmorpg one). what have i missed since then? (or rather, which to play since then)

9, possibly 10, 12 has interesting mechanics but overall weak characters, which makes the grand story less interesting overall.

12 has fine characters;

Look, all I'm saying is that I am Captain Basch fon Ronsenburg, and you shouldn't believe Ondor's lies, okay?

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I'm sure this has been asked but I missed it.
    How do you get your copy of Wasteland 2 if you got it via backing Torment? I assume we'll get emailed a key but I wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked an email or something.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Elvenshae wrote: »

9, possibly 10, 12 has interesting mechanics but overall weak characters, which makes the grand story less interesting overall.

12 has fine characters;

Look, all I'm saying is that I am Captain Basch fon Ronsenburg, and you shouldn't believe Ondor's lies, okay?

12 would have been better without Vaan. Penelo wasn't quite as terrible. But without Vaan you cut her or she'd make no sense.

I see no reason why Ashe, Fran, Balthier, and Basch aren't enough for the story. Especially in light of having played that game!

Well, okay... Vaan has some stuff, with the hunts. But really... it's kind of tacked on. It would have worked better if the plot went join Centurio, do some hunts, play on about Vaan finding a way out of his somewhat poor lot in life (that is a very respectable profession no less), THEN have the funeral scene, and have him run into Ashe while hunting something in the sewers, with a good several hours character development and maturity tacked on.

Edit, while I'm thinking about it, Steam thread! http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/192415/this-just-in-old-games-come-to-steam/p1 GO GO GO!

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »

12 has fine characters;

12 would have been better without Vaan. Penelo wasn't quite as terrible. But without Vaan you cut her or she'd make no sense.

I see no reason why Ashe, Fran, Balthier, and Basch aren't enough for the story. Especially in light of having played that game!

Well, okay... Vaan has some stuff, with the hunts. But really... it's kind of tacked on. It would have worked better if the plot went join Centurio, do some hunts, play on about Vaan finding a way out of his somewhat poor lot in life (that is a very respectable profession no less), THEN have the funeral scene, and have him run into Ashe while hunting something in the sewers, with a good several hours character development and maturity tacked on.

Edit, while I'm thinking about it, Steam thread! http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/192415/this-just-in-old-games-come-to-steam/p1

I still have no idea if Vann's chest is supposed to be a weird f'ing shirt or weird f'ing abs.
    Either way, his torso creeps me out.

Also I heard talk that Square is using the sales of FFX HD to gauge interest in an FF12 HD. I sooooooo hope FF12 HD happens.

vamen on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm fairly sure it's supposed to be abs - art of him is more clear on the matter (as are other appearances - he's just wearing a vest... which is appropriate given Rabanastre is the middle of the desert)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    There's a first time for everything - new thread here!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
This discussion has been closed.