As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pbp] -13th Age - Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil Chapter 1. - The Moathouse

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Geth roll 1d20 for killsteal

Hehe, no crit with thunder :(

killsteal:
    1d20 8 [1d20=8]

discrider on
    What is an Incremental Advancement?

• ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Think of it as a partial level up. You pick one thing from a short list to gain now rather than having to wait until you reach level 2. I don't have my book handy, but someone can probably list all of those things for you (err, us).

Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    For an incremental advance towards 2nd level, you have the following options:

-Gain a feat (for purposes of this feat, you are considered 1 level higher). When you level up, you can switch it for a different feat as long as you come up with a reason.

-Increase HP as if you had gained a level. Current HP increases by the same amount as gained.

-Can wield an additional magic item.

-Power or Spell - Choose a single power or spell you could take at next level. If you get multiple incremental advances and have multiple choices for this ability, you can choose it multiple times.

-Skills - +1 to all skill checks.

At the appropriate levels as indicated, you can take an ability score bonus, talent, or Icon relationship point.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20 for Lightning Fork recharge 16+

I'll take the Lightning Fork feat for my incremental advance.
    Once per battle, you can reroll one of your lightning fork attacks rolls.

Lightning Fork recharge 16+:
    1d20 12 [1d20=12]

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
    The goblin and his steed collapse into pieces over the winter landscape below. Your battle with the goblins that hoped to ambush you comes a swift end and you feel invigorated and confident about your next challenge.

You are able to catch your breath for a few moments, and complete any short tasks up here that you need to do before you proceed. Your momentary reprieve is interrupted by a splintering crash and the faraway sounds of screaming. Sabeiha draws up immediately, "Vaja and the others! Hurry, it sounds like "Garen" has returned."
    Let me know what your advance is and if you do anything during your quick rest (including recharge rolls and recoveries). Any quick actions you wish to take on the tower can be included as well. Once you are ready to proceed downstairs (or not...I guess), roll your Icon Relationship dice and post !Ready. I will randomly choose one success or complication (if there are any) to influence your next encounter.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    While Golnar pondered taking an ear as a trophy of the kills, he eventually passed on the idea. Not only had the wizard's bolt of lightning done most of the work, but bragging about killing goblins just seemed... depressing. While he was waiting, the fire burning within him had already cauterized the wound he'd gotten, and the twisted flesh was already turning back to a healthy grayish green. Upon hearing the cacophony downstairs, he jumped up and made for the stairwell down towards the fight.

"Hopefully this lot puts up more of a fight", he yells back over his shoulder.
    !Ready

I went with a new power:
    Devour the Flame of Life (Blood for the Stone)
    Daily
    Recharge 16+
    Free action when you hit an enemy with an attack
    Effect: You gain temporary hit points equal to the damage dealt to that enemy.

And I'll spend a recovery.

Geth roll 1d10+4 for Recovery
    Geth roll 2d6 for Negative Archmage
    Geth roll 2d6 for Positive High Druid

Recovery:
    1d10+4 12 [1d10=8]
    Negative Archmage:
    2d6 6 [2d6=4, 2]
    Positive High Druid:
    2d6 6 [2d6=4, 2]

Hmm..
    Go with a new spell (and spell slot to use it in) Befuddle:
    Recharge 11+ per battle
    Ranged
    Wis + 1 vs MD
    Target must be nearby and with <40HP
    On hit, target is confused until end of my next turn.
    On even miss, target is dazed until end of my next turn.

(No damage though I guess)

Geth roll 1d20 for Song of Heroes recharge.

Song of Heroes recharge:
    1d20 19 [1d20=19]

Maldras beats out a closing tattoo as the last goblin falls from the sky.

He manages to get out "I guess I'll just save the rest of the song for", before being cut off by the screams below.

"...Act Two.". He falls back into rhythm behind Golnar as everyone starts racing downstairs.
    !Ready
    Geth roll 2d6 for Positive Prince of Shadows Icon
    Geth roll 1d6 for Positive Druid Icon
    Geth roll 1d6 for Negative Emperor Icon

Positive Prince of Shadows Icon:
    2d6 6 [2d6=2, 4]
    Positive Druid Icon:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    Negative Emperor Icon:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

Vanminar took his notebook from the inner pocket of his long coat, to document the observed benefits of adding angular momentum to reflectivity. But the writing would have to wait, as their mysterious host awaited them downstairs.

Van adjusted a small knob on his wand and gave it another spin around it’s makeshift trigger, before following Golnar to the battle below.
    !Ready
    Geth roll 1d6 for Positive Prince of Shadows Icon
    Geth roll 1d6 for Conflicted Elf Queen
    Geth roll 1d6 for Conflicted Archmage

Positive Prince of Shadows Icon:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    Conflicted Elf Queen:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]
    Conflicted Archmage:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Caldon quickly tends to his wounds then follows the other down.
    I guess I'll round out my spell buffs. Adding Shield of Faith to my list of spells.

Shield of Faith
    Ranged spell | Daily | Quick action to cast
    Effect: You can cast this spell for power or for broad effect.
    Cast for power: One nearby ally gains a +2 bonus to AC this battle.
    Cast for broad effect: Choose up to three nearby creatures (including you); each target gains a +1 bonus to AC this battle.

Taking a recovery.
    !Ready

Geth roll 1d8+3 for recovery
    Geth roll 2d6 for Conflicted Priestess
    Geth roll 1d6 for Positive Emperor

recovery:
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]
    Conflicted Priestess:
    2d6 8 [2d6=4, 4]
    Positive Emperor:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
    Fultur has taken a moment to catch his breath, leaning against the nearest wall. He frowns as Golnar leaps ahead of the group toward the sound of battle. He lurches off the wall and down the stairs right after Caldon, grumbling all the while.
    Going to take Utility Spell (A) as an incremental, which lets Fultur cast two utility spells from the approved options for every slot used on utility spell.
    !Ready

Geth roll 1d6 for Positive Dwarf King
    Geth roll 1d6 for Positive Prince of Shadows
    Geth roll 1d6 for Negative Archmage

Positive Dwarf King:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    Positive Prince of Shadows:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]
    Negative Archmage:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

Geth roll 1d3

1 = Van Prince of Shadows
    2 = Van Elf Queen
    3 = Fultur Archmage

1d3 2 [1d3=2]

Scrambling down the stairs as quickly as you can, you begin to hear muffled conversation.

"...ones soon enough. You two, get ready for company."

The scene when you reach the secret entrance is troubling, but thankfully, it looks like no one is dead...yet. Two bugbears stand between you and the folks that were seeking shelter in this temple. One wields a great axe and carries a sling at his side; the other has a large bow and a few short spears mixed in with arrows in an over-sized quiver. Behind them, your allies stand transfixed in unnatural poses. Shadowy forms envelop them, hoisting them a few feet into the air. They are all conscious, but it doesn't look like they can move or speak as their eyes flit about in fear. The shadows all taper back to the entrance of the temple, linked to the wand of a drow with the symbol of the Elder Elemental Eye emblazoned upon his ochre robes. A sneer crosses his face as he sees you.

"Looks like an avalanche and the curs of that feral savage weren't enough, and judging by the lack of idiotic chatter in the room, the goblins have been dealt with as well. Your friends will suffer and then you will suffer for my setbacks. Elki! Uni! Wait for them to come to us and hold your ground. Victory will be ours. Praise the Eye!"

The bugbears stomp and growl. The one with the axe beckons you forward across the long hall. The sun rises, revealing the expertly cut windows of the temple, light appearing in brilliantly arrayed shafts that line the path towards the battle to come.
    Roll for initiative!

Geth roll 1d20+1;1d20+1 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20+1 5 [1d20=4]
    1d20+1 11 [1d20=10]

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20 13 [1d20=13]

Geth roll 1d20+3 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]

edited October 2014
    Geth roll 1d20+4;1d20+4 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20+4 23 [1d20=19]
    1d20+4 17 [1d20=13]

discrider on
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]

I forgot to add my level to that modifier. So that's a 24.

Got a bit buried in homework for the past few days. I should have combat stats up tomorrow night.

edited October 2014
    Hey guys, I'll get the rest of the combat block up tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm sorry about the delay; I'm trying to keep the pace of the game fairly swift (at least by PbP standards), but I had a group project basically turn into a solo project. Thanks for your patience.
    Temple to Pelor.

Environmental Objects: Altar, Camp Fire, Dais, Splintered Pews, Scraps From Goblins, Shafts of Light.

Environmental Conditions: Due to the size of the temple, consider yourselves very far from all of your foes at the start of the battle (1 move action to be considered far

Escalation Die: 0

Initiative:

Maldras (discrider) - 24
    Vanminar (Boozer) - 22
    Fultur (Ardent) - 22
    Garen - 20
    Garen's Shadows - 20
    Sabeiha - 15
    Golnar (Capfalcon) - 13
    Caldon (dracil) - 11
    Axe Bugbear - 4
    Bow Bugbear - 26* (Readying an attack, will act 1 round before triggering character)

Stats:
    Vanminar (Boozer) : HP 27/27, Recoveries 7/8 [1d6 + 3], AC 15 PD 14 MD 13
    Caldon (Dracil) : HP: 25/27, Recoveries 7/8 [1d8+3], AC 18 PD 14 MD 15
    Fultur (Ardent) : HP 21/24, Recoveries 8/8 [1d6+2], AC 17 PD 13 MD 13
    Maldras (Discrider) : HP 28/30, Recoveries 8/8 [1d8 + 3], AC 16 PD 14 MD 13
    Golnar (Capfalcon) : HP 30/30, Recoveries 7/8 [1d10 + 4], AC 16 PD 16 MD 12
    Sabeiha (NPC) : HP 36/36, Recoveries 8/9 [1d10 + 4], AC 19 PD 14 MD 11

Bow Bugbear: HP 36/36, AC 17 PD 16 MD 12 Readied action: The first enemy to move into far range is targeted with Bow Strike - +8 vs AC, 6 dmg. Natural even hit: The attack deals +3 dmg. Miss: If the target is engaged with 2 or more foes, it takes 1d6 dmg.

Axe Bugbear: HP 40/40, AC 18 PD 16 MD 11

Garen's Shadow 1 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.
    Vaja: HP 9/15, AC 17 PD 13 MD 14, Grabbed by GS1 and Helpless
    Garen's Shadow 2 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.
    Krista: HP 6/12, AC 16 PD 12 MD 12, Grabbed by GS2 and Helpless
    Garen's Shadow 3 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.
    Connor: HP 8/14, AC 17 PD 13 MD 14, Grabbed by GS3 and Helpless

Garen's Shadow 4 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.
    Geralt: HP 10/16, AC 19 PD 15 MD 10, Grabbed by GS4 and Helpless

Garen's Shadow 5 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.
    Anfus: HP 11/17, AC 17 PD 16 MD 12, Grabbed and Helpless

Garen: HP 54/54, AC 17 PD 10 MD 16; Shadow Mastery: Foes engaging with Garen for the first time each combat gain dazed (normal save 11+ ends). Slippery Foe: When Garen is staggered for the first time each combat, he teleports to a far location he can see as a free action.

astrobstrd on
    edited October 2014
    The bugbear with the over-sized bow quickly nocks an arrow and dares you to come near.

@discrider‌ @boozer @ardent
    You are up next. I built the bugbear's action into the stat block. Remember that you guys roll for monster actions on your turn.

@boozer
    How can this be? A shadow adept this far removed from the Underdark? Your mother spoke of encountering one of these dangerous enemies in her youth; a foe that weaves darkness as a weapon and can suck the life out of anyone they ensnare like the vile Lolth that they serve. She showed you a trick of light, usable under certain conditions, that The Elf Queen taught her. An illusion that can disrupt the darkness employed by shadow adepts, but at the cost of the users safety.

Van gains the following ability for this battle:

Trick of Light
    Quick action [at-will]
    Self and up to one nearby ally.
    Effect: Until the start of your next turn, those effected can ignore Brutal Ransom and Shadow Mastery. All negative energy attacks against those under this spell make use of the escalation die.

astrobstrd on
    Also, I am going to use initiative blocks. Any character with initiative before the next enemy or NPC turn can take their turn in the order they post.

edited October 2014
    The smile drained from Vanminar's face when he took in the dire situation. His eyes passed over the taunting Bugbear and met Garen's. "A shadow adept? I have underestimated you Garen. I wonder if Lolth will appreciate your new fealty to the Elemental Eye." he said, moving further into the temple.

Vanminar's eyes started to glow and small motes of light began to swirl around the half-elf, a flick of the wrist sending some of the motes to surround Fultur as well.

The theatrical entrance was marred somewhat when the Bugbear struck Van with an arrow, lodging itself into his arm. With a grimace the sorcerer pulled the arrow out.
    I corrected Fultur's AC in the statblock, it should be 13.

I'll use my quick action to cast Trick of Light on Fultur and myself. I figure since Fultur has Magic Missile which can hit things at far range, he may want to go for the mooks, so this makes that a little safer for their captives. If someone else wants the buff next round let me know, like if Golnar wants to engage Garen for example.

I'll use my standard action to Gather power.
    Geth roll 1d6 for Gather Power effect

I'll use my move action to close the distance from very far to far range and take the Bow Bugbear attack.
    Geth roll 1d20+8 for Bow Strike vs AC 15

edit- 9 damage, gather power effect doesn't do anything since everyone is a far range.
    I also changed the bow bugbear's init from 26* to 23 since he goes right before I do now, but after Maldras. Not sure if splitting the init block is what we want so astrobstrd may want to change that.

stat block
    Temple to Pelor.

Environmental Objects: Altar, Camp Fire, Dais, Splintered Pews, Scraps From Goblins, Shafts of Light.

Environmental Conditions: Due to the size of the temple, consider yourselves very far from all of your foes at the start of the battle (1 move action to be considered far

Initiative:

up next - @discrider or @ardent

Maldras (discrider) - 24
    Fultur (Ardent) - 22
    Garen - 20
    Garen's Shadows - 20
    Sabeiha - 15
    Golnar (Capfalcon) - 13
    Caldon (dracil) - 11
    Axe Bugbear - 4
    Bow Bugbear - 23
    Vanminar (Boozer) - 22

Stats:
    Vanminar (Boozer) : HP 18/27, Recoveries 7/8 [1d6 + 3], AC 15 PD 14 MD 13, Trick of Light, range=far
    Fultur (Ardent) : HP 21/24, Recoveries 8/8 [1d6+2], AC 13 PD 13 MD 13, Trick of Light
    Maldras (Discrider) : HP 28/30, Recoveries 8/8 [1d8 + 3], AC 16 PD 14 MD 13

Bow Bugbear: HP 36/36, AC 17 PD 16 MD 12

Garen's Shadow 1 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.
    Garen's Shadow 2 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.
    Garen's Shadow 3 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.

Garen's Shadow 4 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.

Garen's Shadow 5 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.

Garen: HP 54/54, AC 17 PD 10 MD 16; Shadow Mastery: Foes engaging with Garen for the first time each combat gain dazed (normal save 11+ ends). Slippery Foe: When Garen is staggered for the first time each combat, he teleports to a far location he can see as a free action.

Gather:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    Bow Strike vs AC 15:
    1d20+8 18 [1d20=10]

Boozer on
    Given the thing with the shadows and misses I might be using my turn to buff or heal people depending on the situation.

Yeah, I'm debating what Fultur should open with. Acid Arrow is probably the best bet, but how exactly to evoke it in this situation is also a question. I think turning it into a flaming arrow again is, ironically, the best solution, as that tends to be a net negative for shadows.

Looking at the stat blocks again, it seems like us casters at least should be the ones going after the shadows because we can hit on PD. AC attacks should probably go against the bugbears until we can focus down Garen at the end. Unless we plan on simply focus firing Garen immediately with full on ranged attacks.

It depends on whether we consider him enough of a threat post-shadow summoning to focus effort on him. Generally you geek the mage first, of course.

Yeah I was planning on hitting the shadow's, using an empowered scorching ray. I'm not sure if they can put the squeeze on their captives during their turn, so I wanted to try and thin the numbers quickly. Normally gathering power to cast an at-will is pointless, but it makes more sense here since I can split my move to near range into two turns painlessly. I really should get a far range spell though.

edited October 2014
    Yeah the only thing is 13th age in general is designed to combat the alpha strike (escalation dice). I believe compared to other systems (i.e. D&D) we're generally considered to be at -1 first round, even on 2nd round, and at a bonus afterwards. I think we could drop him by 2nd round if I use my bonuses (leadership feat, invocation of leadership, and natural escalation die increase for a +3 bonus for you guys) + sorcerer gather power hit. Also Garen only has a PD of 10, so he's even easier to hit than the shadows.

If we go for a magic missile, I'd probably say go for the one holding Krista since she has the lowest health of them all, and I'm not sure how much damage they'll do naturally on their turn.

Also there's a good chance if Garen goes down the shadows go poof?

Dracil on
    edited October 2014
    I think if Fultur, Sabeiha, and Maldras (who all have far range attacks) focus on Garen this round, we may be able to take him out in round 2 or 3 (maybe easier to call them round 0 1 and 2 to match the escalation die). Though Garen's high AC may make that tough for all but Fultur. The rest of us may not be able to help if he teleports out to far range after getting staggered though. If I can hit Garen next round I will, otherwise I'll hit the shadows. I'll switch my Trick of Light to Caldon or Golnar next round.

Boozer on
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure we have to stay far away. I think it's just a move action to move from far to nearby right? I can Javelin of Faith against his PD by simply moving, and that itself will essentially give everyone a +1 to hit on the next round, and with invocation of leadership, escalation die will be at +2 the next round.

Dracil on
    astrobstrd wrote: »

We started at very far (from the statblock), it's 1 move action to get to far, and another to get to near.

Ah, I missed that. Looks like my first turn will definitely be healing/buffing then.

edited October 2014
    Maldras takes a deep breath before launching himself full into the room and the third verse.

:whistle:

Seeing Vanminar get collected by the Bugbear's arrow up ahead, he dives behind some of the splintered pews, hoping to get some sort of cover.
    In his haste though, he doesn't manage to get his own crossbow clear of the cover, and his bolt buries itself into the chair in front.
    Maldras moves up into far range, positioning himself in amongst the pews (if that matters), starts singing Song of Heroes, and takes aim with his light crossbow at Garen.
    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Garen
    Geth roll 1d6+4 for damage

I'm also going to be at PAX Aus for the next couple of days, so don't expect me to reply again until after the weekend.

Stat block
    Temple to Pelor.

Initiative:

up next - @ardent

Fultur (Ardent) - 22
    Garen - 20
    Garen's Shadows - 20
    Sabeiha - 15
    Golnar (Capfalcon) - 13
    Caldon (dracil) - 11
    Axe Bugbear - 4
    Maldras (discrider) - 24
    Bow Bugbear - 23
    Vanminar (Boozer) - 22

Stats:

Fultur (Ardent) : HP 21/24, Recoveries 8/8 [1d6+2], AC 13 PD 13 MD 13, Trick of Light

Maldras (Discrider) : HP 28/30, Recoveries 8/8 [1d8 + 3], AC 16 PD 14 MD 13, Singing Song of Heroes, +1 to hit
    Vanminar (Boozer) : HP 18/27, Recoveries 7/8 [1d6 + 3], AC 15 PD 14 MD 13, Trick of Light, range=far, +1 to hit

Garen:
    1d20+6 8 [1d20=2]
    damage:
    1d6+4 10 [1d6=6]

discrider on
    edited October 2014
    Fultur takes his time, withdrawing another vial of acid from within his multitude of pouches. This time he grabs a small strip of white-blue metal instead of a copper coin.

He glances at Garen and invokes "Fultur's Fulgent Flare Arrow!" The arrow whips towards Garen only to explode into an eye-rending silver light, far brighter than actual daylight for just a moment, before impacting and spattering acid all over.

"Step inta tha lights if ya've got a way ta attack from afar. Let 'em come at ya," the dwarf advises.
    Fultur uses another variant of Acid Arrow, this one his own, to daze Garen with the exceptionally bright light in his eyes. This one does acid damage as normal.

Geth, roll 1d20+5 against Garen's PD
    Geth, roll 4d10 for damage

Stat block
    Temple to Pelor.

Initiative:

up next - @‌astrobstrd

Garen - 20
    Garen's Shadows - 20
    Sabeiha - 15
    Golnar (Capfalcon) - 13
    Caldon (dracil) - 11
    Axe Bugbear - 4
    Maldras (discrider) - 24
    Bow Bugbear - 23
    Vanminar (Boozer) - 22
    Fultur (Ardent) - 22

Stats:

Maldras (Discrider) : HP 28/30, Recoveries 8/8 [1d8 + 3], AC 16 PD 14 MD 13, Singing Song of Heroes, +1 to hit
    Vanminar (Boozer) : HP 18/27, Recoveries 7/8 [1d6 + 3], AC 15 PD 14 MD 13, Trick of Light, range=far, +1 to hit

Garen: HP 30/54 (ongoing 5), dazed, AC 17 PD 10 MD 16; Shadow Mastery: Foes engaging with Garen for the first time each combat gain dazed (normal save 11+ ends). Slippery Foe: When Garen is staggered for the first time each combat, he teleports to a far location he can see as a free action.

against Garen's PD:
    1d20+5 20 [1d20=15]
    damage:
    4d10 24 [4d10=6, 7, 8, 3]

Ardent on
    Garen shrieks as he is engulfed in light and acid. He raises his wand and his eyes roll back into his head momentarily. Another shadowy form rips free from the darkness at his feet. It makes a bee line for Vanminar and looks ready to attack.

Garen's other shadows appear to suck the life out their victims. Red trails arc back to Garen and close his wounds.

Sabeiha steps forward and fires wide. "I'll try to draw off the bugbears."
    Garen takes 5 ongoing damage. He spends his turn creating another shadow (Garen's Shadow 6).

Garen's Shadows auto-hit their victims for 3 each. Damage dealt this way allows Garen to heal by the same amount.

Sabeiha moves closer to the fray and misses vs. Bow Bugbear. She draws her sword and gets ready to intercept and possibly counter-attack.

Stat block
    Temple to Pelor.

Initiative:

up next - @‌capfalcon

Golnar (Capfalcon) - 13
    Caldon (dracil) - 11
    Axe Bugbear - 4
    Maldras (discrider) - 24
    Bow Bugbear - 23
    Vanminar (Boozer) - 22
    Fultur (Ardent) - 22
    Garen - 20
    Garen's Shadows - 20
    Sabeiha - 15

Stats:

Vanminar (Boozer) : HP 18/27, Recoveries 7/8 [1d6 + 3], AC 15 PD 14 MD 13, Trick of Light, range=far, +1 to hit; engaged with Garen's Shadow 6
    Garen's Shadow 6 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.

Sabeiha (NPC) : HP 36/36, Recoveries 8/9 [1d10 + 4], AC 19 PD 14 MD 11. Will intercept bugbears and has counter-attack available.

Vaja: HP 7/15, AC 17 PD 13 MD 14, Grabbed by GS1 and Helpless
    Krista: HP 3/12, AC 16 PD 12 MD 12, Grabbed by GS2 and Helpless
    Connor: HP 5/14, AC 17 PD 13 MD 14, Grabbed by GS3 and Helpless

Geralt: HP 7/16, AC 19 PD 15 MD 10, Grabbed by GS4 and Helpless

Anfus: HP 8/17, AC 17 PD 16 MD 12, Grabbed and Helpless

Garen: HP 40/54 (ongoing 5), dazed, AC 17 PD 10 MD 16; Shadow Mastery: Foes engaging with Garen for the first time each combat gain dazed (normal save 11+ ends). Slippery Foe: When Garen is staggered for the first time each combat, he teleports to a far location he can see as a free action.

edited November 2014
    While Golnar rushes to close the distance, he hurls an axe at the shadow pinning Anfus to the ground. However, the shadow writhes out of the way, causing Anfus to further groan in pain.
    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Basic Ranged attack
    Geth roll 1d6+4 for damage

Stat block
    Temple to Pelor.

Initiative:

up next - @Dracil‌

Caldon (dracil) - 11
    Axe Bugbear - 4
    Maldras (discrider) - 24
    Bow Bugbear - 23
    Vanminar (Boozer) - 22
    Fultur (Ardent) - 22
    Garen - 20
    Garen's Shadows - 20
    Sabeiha - 15
    Golnar (Capfalcon) - 13

Stats:

Vanminar (Boozer) : HP 18/27, Recoveries 7/8 [1d6 + 3], AC 15 PD 14 MD 13, Trick of Light, range=far, +1 to hit; engaged with Garen's Shadow 6
    Garen's Shadow 6 (mook): HP 7/7, AC 17 PD 11 MD * (These shadows are extensions of Garen and have no mind of their own. Attacks that target MD do not effect shadows); Brutal Ransom: When a natural odd attack misses a shadow, any creature being grabbed by it takes 4 dmg.

Sabeiha (NPC) : HP 36/36, Recoveries 8/9 [1d10 + 4], AC 19 PD 14 MD 11. Will intercept bugbears and has counter-attack available.

Garen: HP 40/54 (ongoing 5), dazed, AC 17 PD 10 MD 16; Shadow Mastery: Foes engaging with Garen for the first time each combat gain dazed (normal save 11+ ends). Slippery Foe: When Garen is staggered for the first time each combat, he teleports to a far location he can see as a free action.

Basic Ranged attack:
    1d20+6 9 [1d20=3]
    damage:
    1d6+4 8 [1d6=4]

Capfalcon on
    Ordered Stat block
    Temple to Pelor.

Initiative:

up next - @Dracil‌

Caldon (dracil) - 11
    Axe Bugbear - 4
    Maldras (discrider) - 24
    Bow Bugbear - 23
    Vanminar (Boozer) - 22
    Fultur (Ardent) - 22
    Garen - 20
    Garen's Shadows - 20
    Sabeiha - 15
    Golnar (Capfalcon) - 13

Stats:

(People in an area are nearby to one another, far from someone in an adjacent area, and very far from someone two areas away)

----Dais----

----Pews---- Song of Heroes, +1 to hit
    Golnar (Capfalcon) : HP 30/30, Recoveries 7/8 [1d10 + 4], AC 16 PD 16 MD 12, +1 to hit
    Sabeiha (NPC) : HP 36/36, Recoveries 8/9 [1d10 + 4], AC 19 PD 14 MD 11, +1 to hit. Will intercept bugbears and has counter-attack available.
    Fultur (Ardent) : HP 21/24, Recoveries 8/8 [1d6+2], AC 13 PD 13 MD 13, Trick of Light, +1 to hit

Vanminar (Boozer) : HP 18/27, Recoveries 7/8 [1d6 + 3], AC 15 PD 14 MD 13, Trick of Light, +1 to hit; engaged with Garen's Shadow 6

----Entrance way----