Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Automata

nicktibenicktibe new memberRegistered User new member
edited August 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
Don't know if anyone's seen or posted about this yet, but I made and account just to share this discovery

So I guess the brilliant automata

is getting a movie?

Now, does Penny Arcade know about this? Or is it a blatant rip-off?
Because I didn't see Jerry and Mike anywhere in the credits when I looked into it.

nicktibe on

• ZekZek regular Registered User regular
    It's just a movie that happens to use the same name. Of course it's about robots if it's called "Automata".

• GyralGyral regular Registered User regular
    Pretty sure if it was about Penny Arcade's Automata, Jerry and Mike would be trumpeting the announcement from the highest mountain-tops. Hell, if it was my baby, I'd tell anyone dumb enough to stop next to me for more than a second.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • wanderingwandering regular Registered User regular
    I thought this thread was going to be about this kind of thing:

atcwebmqawjl.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Khoo tweeted that they are aware of the production, and have no issue with it using the name Automata.

Which means that there is no intent to ever create a film or show based on PA's Automata. :(

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Somebody send these people that comic.

• ElJeffeElJeffe mod Moderator, ClubPA mod
    If you guys would like to discuss the film Automata in the context of hey, look, a film, that's cool.

Discussing whether or not PA knows about the movie is not really a viable thread topic.

Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

I make tweet.
    Hargaad of Omnar