As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Party [Chat]

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Sorry, I misspoke when I suggested you fuck on your Fuckatron

It's more like you fuck of your Fuckatron

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bedroom space is not so readily available that it can now hold two items designed to accommodate people lying down or sitting astride or whatever. Beds are fine things.

Very few people want to sleep in a pod.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    ConEd finally gave us those free wifi thermostat modlets for our ACs

From it I can tell this, basically, since my roommate is not home and his AC is off
    Without the AC my room would be 85
    I set my thing to 66
    And it is 73 it says

Also I cannot sleep

I was supposed to replace my mattress this weekend again but then my parents visited and I had no time
    But I spent one night in their hotel so I slept then I guess

But even then not amazingly

Ehh

poo
    Bogart wrote: »
    Bedroom space is not so readily available that it can now hold two items designed to accommodate people lying down or sitting astride or whatever. Beds are fine things.

Very few people want to sleep in a pod.

Pfft, just wait until you see what your pod can do, Bogart

Then you won't need a Fuckatron, or even a romantic partner

Also space issues are solved by marketing to the Americans, who had the good sense to find a really big island to live on ;)

I just would like to be allowed to use my marijuana to allow me to sleep but I am applying for jobs and it is dumb

It has been sitting in a drawer for the last week so I would not use it

Eh
    Whatever I'm going to use it I need sleep, my goal is resume to be done by next Friday anyway so I'm not really starting to apply till then

poo
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I just would like to be allowed to use my marijuana to allow me to sleep but I am applying for jobs and it is dumb

It has been sitting in a drawer for the last week so I would not use it

Eh
    Whatever I'm going to use it I need sleep, my goal is resume to be done by next Friday anyway so I'm not really starting to apply till then

Rationing is the devil.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    So someone made a book out of tweets featuring the phrase 'working on my novel'.

working-on-my-novel-5.jpg

Amazing.

working-on-my-novel-3.jpg

Picture it: a bed with built in cooling fans, white noise speakers with a variety of sounds available, available with or without a lid, and a built in Automatic Fleshlight strokes you in to slumber

Brb becoming the richest

You may take this idea Narwhal
    As long as I get one for free

poo
    I realize that I get kinda jealous of other ppl and it infects my DREAMS
    Weird blah
    Dumb brain

poo
    Like we all saw what happened with those celeb nudes, right? The world is ready for a bed that pleasures you sexually as part of its design. We're there, on a morality level.

I'm going to make a list of people to get that book for

#writer4lyfe #starbuckssquatter

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    New Wolfenstein is good. Good enough that I finally bothered installing my mouse software on my new pc to set up a profile for it.

HappylilElf on
    Also
    Guys right
    I've been in a job for 4 years that I have no interest in but my procrastination and anxiety and lack of self confidence and inability to be decisive (all intertwined - hey at least I started to see a therapist seems to be helping) have just kind of kept me there floating along

People all around me are doing cool things and taking risks and doing what they want to do or whatever

Like but I am just unsure and I do nothing

But it's silly because I am super super lucky to be debt free and have a parent safety net
    They've even said so
    They're like just do something that makes you happy we can help you money wise if needed

But I don't know what to do with myself still

I guess I could go back to school idk but what for
    I almost applied 2 or 3 times in the last 4 years but gave up each time

Take some random job to learn a new thing but idk what

Idk idk idk idk

How does one exit complacent mediocrity

Dumb brain dumb me idk

Except I know I'm not dumb I did a stupid applied math major and graduated magma cum laude from ostensibly the 4th ranked school in the US
    And yet I feel like a dumb useless buttlord who can't do anything and has wasted the last 4 years of his life idk

What do I do

How to do

At least I started working on my resume again after putting it off for years

Dumb 440am insomnia rant

poo
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I wish i was free to sit in chain coffee shops pretending to be writing a novel

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I wish i was free to sit in chain coffee shops pretending to be writing a novel

Come now, Mojo

Surely I'm living proof that you can do whatever you want, really

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    working on my "working on my novel" novel

aRkpc.gif
    Coinage wrote: »

I don't understand how someone could make that statement and not understand how insane it sounds.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    More of a cautionary tale, maybe >_>

Wash wrote: »

I don't understand how someone could make that statement and not understand how insane it sounds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franca_Viola

look at the date!

aRkpc.gif
    Cee-Lo's tweets leave me feeling ill.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    Oregon v Rideout was in 1978

contemporary attitudes to sex and consent are contemporary

aRkpc.gif
    The article of law whereby a rapist could extinguish his crime by marrying his victim was abolished only ten years later, in 1981.

Wow.

ronya wrote: »
    Oregon v Rideout was in 1978

contemporary attitudes to sex and consent are contemporary
    bwuhhhh

poo
    I have done things so I may sleep 2 more hrs

poo
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Huh, Cee-lo's twitter was deleted.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    That reminds me. I was on OKCupid and I was looking at this woman's profile, and she volunteers for the Democratic party and has all these liberal opinions, but she agreed with the statement "the world would be a better place if less intelligent people were not allowed to reproduce" Now, it's not fair to judge someone by an okcupid response question that they may have not put any real thought into or may not have even meant to click, but didn't eugenics stop being acceptable to advocate in public because, you know, Hitler?

• BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    I hate when celebrities who make stuff I like turn out to be utterly fucking insane and out of touch with reality. It happens a lot.

• JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Big day's finally here :) 5AM and I'm wide awake. I knew they're was no way I was going to be late for first day of school haha.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    Tav wrote: »

BuzzFeed has screenshots.

I can see his lawyer in my mind's eye reading the first and then sprinting for the phone screaming NOOOOOOOO.

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    God dammit

Did not have much of a restful night. Finally just crawl out of bed when alarm chirps for 4:45. Check weather. It's 81 degrees right NOW and pitch dark. Wtfffff this is going to be a not fun run I dun wanna do it noooo :(

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M25sE8Ccapc

Scarlett: I'm not cornered. You'll never corner me, Rhett Butler, or frighten me. You've lived in dirt so long you can't understand anything else and you're jealous of something you can't understand.
    Rhett: Jealous, am I? Yes, I suppose I am — even though I know you've been faithful to me all along. How do I know? Because I know Ashley Wilkes and his honorable breed. They're gentlemen! That's more than I can say for you or for me. We're not gentlemen, and we have no honor, have we? It's not that easy, Scarlett. You've turned me out while you chased Ashley Wilkes, while you dreamed of Ashley Wilkes. This is one night you're not turning me out. [suddenly, fiercely kisses her and then carries her protesting up a long flight of stairs to the bedroom, two steps at a time]

aRkpc.gif
    Hakks stay in bed where it's warm and comfortable and sleep peacefully.

Like a quitter.

Bogart wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

BuzzFeed has screenshots.

I can see his lawyer in my mind's eye reading the first and then sprinting for the phone screaming NOOOOOOOO.

I'm kinda disappointed. The only Cee-lo tweet I'd seen before (and want to see currently) was him saying "My head is so big I can fit a dog on it" with a picture as proof.

That reminds me. I was on OKCupid and I was looking at this woman's profile, and she volunteers for the Democratic party and has all these liberal opinions, but she agreed with the statement "the world would be a better place if less intelligent people were not allowed to reproduce" Now, it's not fair to judge someone by an okcupid response question that they may have not put any real thought into or may not have even meant to click, but didn't eugenics stop being acceptable to advocate in public because, you know, Hitler?

Dozens of people casually express this opinion. Often after someone links a picture of a dumb facebook status or a ridiculous police report or a video of a redneck doing anything. It's common.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg

"Rednecks are dumb and I want less of them" is a pretty common thought.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    gvHOU17.jpg

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Dozens of people casually express this opinion. Often after someone links a picture of a dumb facebook status or a ridiculous police report or a video of a redneck doing anything. It's common.
    That's true, but I've always assumed they wouldn't be serious about it if someone tried to implement it. Perhaps I am putting too much weight on OKCupid responses, or maybe not enough on random internet posts.

That's true, but I've always assumed they wouldn't be serious about it if someone tried to implement it. Perhaps I am putting too much weight on OKCupid responses, or maybe not enough on random internet posts.

You're probably taking it more seriously than the person you're talking about did.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.