As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax North?

2»

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    darren66 wrote: »
    Oh hey, look --- PAX South didn't sell out again.

A lot more tickets were probably available. We know 3-Day passes were more numerous (from Robert), and they sold at a faster rate this time. So the later selling out of Saturday and the lack of Friday selling out is almost certainly from having more available. Remember East didn't always sell out either, and it sure does now. Most PAXers are local and it takes word to spread in a community.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah this south is definitely bigger and better than last south! I am super encouraged by how it is going so far, and how great everyone seems to be to each other. Keep it going strong!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    There were more attendees and more badges this year than last.

SA is solid and everything I've heard from the staff suggests this venue is aces for them.

Interesting occurrance: there was another, smaller con in the Marriot Riverwalk and several of the (middle-aged, professional business-attire) women attending were in a group on Saturday, frowning and complaining about getting a seat for lunch, and rudely filming cosplayers and other PAX attendees. One took the "evidence" to a staff member to complain, and was politely but forcefully told to stop bothering other guests who were trying to enjoy the event next door.

Somebody at the Marriot Riverwalk knows which side their bread is buttered on... :)

spool32 on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    There were more attendees and more badges this year than last.

SA is solid and everything I've heard from the staff suggests this venue is aces for them.

Interesting occurrance: there was another, smaller con in the Marriot Riverwalk and several of the (middle-aged, professional business-attire) women attending were in a group on Saturday, frowning and complaining about getting a seat for lunch, and rudely filming cosplayers and other PAX attendees. One took the "evidence" to a staff member to complain, and was politely but forcefully told to stop bothering other guests who were trying to enjoy the event next door.

Somebody at the Marriot Riverwalk knows which side their bread is buttered on... :)

Nice to see.
    You could theoretically slot another PAX into Toronto or Chicago for geography, but when there are 3 other PAX's an easy flight away, you're really looking at reducing your audience at each other stop to do it. South made sense as there was nothing even close to the Mason-Dixon line and a ton of population that didn't have easy access without flights and accommodations to significantly more expensive areas (Boston/Seattle).

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    As person who lives in Kansas, San Antonio is basically the perfect place to put a convention in January.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    YBy1xEnX

PAX North would serve mostly empty land, but geographically would need to be located in Egg Island, MB for best total distribution of North American geography.

Egg Island, for those not familiar:
    Latitude. 59.9220°, Longitude. -94.8244°
    Last population check: 20
    zhL8fEbn

• Options
    VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    I don't think there will be a new PAX soon, but if there was, Id say somewhere in Europe would make more sense (Im not European, but I know people in Europe have to travel a lot longer to get to PAX then Canada or mind-northern US)

Wishes he could change his username
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    There isn't going to be another PAX.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Stop trying to make fetch PAX Canada happen. It's not going to happen.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth